Downtown Washington Hostel Reviews

This hostel has great friendly staff and on arrival they give map tours which is very helpful when guests have never been to Washington before. All facilities for a travellers needs. Its a homely place and security is very good with lockers provided. The location is so close to Union Station which is very convenient and with many different place to eat and drink around it is a good place to be in the city.

• 7th Jan 2014

All Hostels have pros & cons. PROS= Late check in because train was very late. LOCATION, outstanding staff. CONS=Bathroom situation. I did move to another Hostel. My young son would have liked this one better than I did. I am older and needed a quieter place.

Great hostel. I can't say a bad word about it.

Hi AJ. I am king D. How a u? It's best hostel in D.C. Staff was very frendly. Clean and cheap and good!! Go to there and enjoy your trip! I miss you AJ

One of the nicer hostels I have been to. The staff was very nice and helpful.

This hostel is okay. Actually fine for the people on a tight budget like me. It is located in pretty quiet town, but there are some restaurants and markets so it was okay. It takes about 20 minutes to go to the downtown by walk, and 5min by bus. Kitchen was fine but bathroom was the worst thing. Each floor has two bathroom except second floor. Second floor has only one bathroom. There are about 20 people stay in one floor... it's a nightmare to be in line to use a bathroom!

This hostel is fine for people on a budget, and for a short stay. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are mostly clean and its quiet at night if you need a sleep. However, there are no activities for hostelers to socialize, AJ (the owner) is really abrupt and can become annoyed really quickly. Out of my entire US trip, this hostel was probably the worst, had the rudest staff, and was poorly run. Pick up your act guys.

Enjoyed my stay over Christmas, was made to feel really welcome. This is like a home from home hostel. Small but unique :)

I had an amazing time at this hostel, it was my first time being alone in a hostel and I felt like at home. The staff is SO nice, I would definitely go back there if I have the chance to. Thanks a lot for everything once again, and happy New Year!

• 22nd Dec 2013

I loved that place:-) I had a lot of fun

For a night it was ok. I wouldn't stay there longer. The lack of bathrooms is annoying..as well as the little place you get for the luggage. There's no luggage room..just a hallway. Overall, for 1 night you can totally survive.

This was a really nice hostel to stay at. A very friendly atmosphere and very helpfull and friendly staff. I felt right at home. The meeting place is the excellent place to meet other travelers. The only downside is the limited amount of bathrooms, they only have 3 , which is not enough for the amount of time. But don't let that stop you from going there. If they change this I would definetly rate this hostel 100%

Thank you! It was good experience, although it was first time visit D.C. The location is exellent, near the Union. But, first time,I was confused because sign is little small😃 But I lile it.

Friendly staff, good environment. My only worry is checking in time. 2 pm is a bit late for someone who arrives in DC in the morning. 12 noon would be better.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Malawi

I stayed here for 3 nights in two different rooms. It's nice,safe and clean. Actually it was the cleanest hostel that I have ever stayed! Linens and towels were clean. There were several bathrooms and I didn't wait for shower and toilet for too long (is alwys important during my stay). Lockers were safe if you have your own lock. Kitchen was clean and easy to use. Common room was very cozy too. I met with many kind and friendly people over there. The staff were always helpful and understanding.

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

I was quite disappointed by the luggage store-system. I feel like anybody could take my luggage, since nobody ever asked me to show my number when taking something from my suitcase.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

Not enough restroom, no toilet outside the bathroom, not very clean, no heater in the room, lockers were too small and the pancake machine was broken and there wasn't anything else for breakfast.

• 16th Dec 2013

I loved the homey atmosphere and the staff works very hard to make sure that everyone is having a good time. It was very clean and most everyone was respectful of everyone else's property and space. My only qualm is that it's hard to find a bathroom in the mornings, but it would be that way in most hostels. And it was very easy to meet people! I made many new friends over dinner or in the common room.

• 10th Dec 2013

Great location, decent price. Only thing we didnt like was lack of toilets and lack of locks on bedroom doors.. Came back to our door wide open!? When nobody needed to go in as we had it to ourselves. Maid also came into the room more than she needed to. Security into building good. DC is walkable so great location... Getting a restroom with a toilet in it proved annoying. Overall a positive stay though!!

I've stayed there just a night but the staff is really nice, clean, good location. I definitely recommend it.

• 2nd Dec 2013