Dozy House Reviews

2/1 Singharaj Road, Soi 2, Sriphum Sub-district, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Gina and her husband were fantastic and did everything possible to make our stay an enjoyable one. The location is great and my family and I walked almost everywhere. We found great restaurants around the hostel and loved the quiet neighborhood the hostel was located in. Downsides: The mattresses were ultra stiff and not comfortable and the main floor was cluttered.

Good sized room, clean and well located hostel. The staff were super helpful and gave lots of advice on places to go and things to do.

I had a great stay at Dozy House and I will recommend it to anyone I will meet along my way. Only one thing guys. I don't know about the private rooms. The dorm toilet need TOILET PAPER. On my perspective it is not acceptable a private bathroom without toilet paper. I can understand that in Thailand public bathroom do not provide toilet paper. But this is not a public bathroom. Guests pay to stay at your dorm and they deserve to find toilet paper every day! Also. Trash bins need to be empty. Thx

Great place -- Comfortable, and clean! The staff was super friendly and helpful as well. Free toast, coffee and tea 24 hours a day. Not very close to main area with bars and restaurants, so if you want to party be prepared to walk or tuk tuk.

Great place for a couple or if you like staying in dorms. Traveling as a single person I had to pay for 2 people (for private room) which was rather expensive, but Gena the owner was wonderful! Very helpful, they will organize any tour/transportation you need! Located good 10-15 from the 'center ' but safe to walk at night. Breakfast was very basic (toast and jelly plus coffee), towels were also super tiny but rooms are big with the best shower I encountered in Thailand! I Definitely recommend.

Quiet location away from the busy tourist areas but easy to reach everywhere by bike, especially trendy western part of the city. Gina and all the staff were super helpful with any question and helping arrange transport etc. Nothing was too much trouble. 6-bed dorm was spacious and had it's own bathroom, with good shower pressure and hot water. Would stay here again.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The dorm rooms are nice, with ensuite bath, good shower. Big private locker. The lobby downstairs is quite small though, so not the best place for socializing.

We stayed there for about one week, first in a private double room, later in the dorm. The double room was very nice, big and clean, with a comfortable bed, pillows and blanket, nothing to complain! The dorm was not the best I ever was in, but it was clean and okay. The staff is really very very nice and helpful in any cases, so we felt very welcome there! I definitely recommend Dozy House and will again stay there if I come back.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's a clean place with kitchen facilities and free breakfast (toast, marmelade, tea and coffee, eggs for 6 baht per piece). You can hire a towel for 20 baht and get drinks for fair prices. It's not in the restaurant and bar area, but there are a few places to eat and drink around and you can easily walk to all the sights in the Old City. The night market is a little bit farer away but you can also walk (20 min) or take a taxi.

I wish I could have stayed in Chiang Mai longer, and had I, then I would definitely stay at Dozy House longer! It's really nice and laid back and everyone is more than willing to help you out!!

A wonderful hostel with excellent staff. Private room was spacious and clean. Hostel helped arranged activities, gave advice on places to go and provided bikes free of charge. Really inpressed and would definitely return.

Very kind and efficient staff, Gina is always smiling and helping. Kitchen to use, laundry, cozy rooms... Totally recommended.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Dozy house was a home rather than a place to stay. The staff was not only sweet (special thanks to Jina), but they kept the place in great condition, created a safe and warm feeling, and were kind enough to help us find another place during one of the busiest times of the year when we came unprepared the day of the Loi Krathong festival. I couldn't have chosen a better stay (especially considering the reception that I received from other hostels while searching for a place to stay one night).

These days that we have spent at Dozy House were simply amazing. We will definitely recommend this hostel to everyone who visits Chiang Mai,and there are many reasons for that - firstly, the atmosphere. It's very cozy, and you feel yourself at home. Secondly - the location - it took us about 10 mins to get everywhere we wanted. But the most important thing is the staff. Thank you, Gina, for everything you made for us, we wish happiness to all your sweet family! Good luck!

The staff was really friendly. This hostel is in a non principal Street which makes it really quiet. I meet some new friends there and everything was very nice. They even helped us with a little problem we had (non related with the hostel). I hope to come back again soon.