Dozy House Reviews

2/1 Singharaj Road, Soi 2, Sriphum Sub-district, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Super helpful and friendly staff, willing to the little things (ie printing visa letters, adding a strip of bacon) without hassle or charge. Will be recommending to others.

• 15th Apr 2015

Hostel is on a quiet street on the west side of the old city. No too far to walk anywhere or catch a red truck. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, offering great suggestions what to do and where to eat. Hostel is kept quite clean and great value for money.

We loved staying at this family run guesthouse. The family are lovely and we used the husband's taxi service to visit temples and get around the town, at standard taxi rates. Clean, comfy, good aircon and wifi, you can't go wrong!

A fantastic place to stay, beautiful family that run the business and they really cannot do enough for you! Such a nice little building located ideally on the edge of town. A good place for both families and the backpackers that want to relax and get a good night's sleep.

• 29th Mar 2015

This is a great, family run hostel, on a quiet street and very close to Ratchadamnoen street, the major east - west street through the center of the old city. It is two or three blocks from a real restaurant, but plenty of sidewalk food venders are close.

Owner was a lovely lady who spoke very good english.She was very welcoming and friendly and was extremely helpful in booking things to do and places to go. Nicest staff iv had the pleasure to meet.

• 22nd Feb 2015

One of the best hostels y I've ever stayed.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

Gina is amazing. She was so helpful and full of energy. She can and will help do anything to make your stay amazing. If you don't stay at Dozy House you are cheating yourself from having an absolutely amazing time in Chiang Mai.

Gina and her husband were fantastic and did everything possible to make our stay an enjoyable one. The location is great and my family and I walked almost everywhere. We found great restaurants around the hostel and loved the quiet neighborhood the hostel was located in. Downsides: The mattresses were ultra stiff and not comfortable and the main floor was cluttered.

Good sized room, clean and well located hostel. The staff were super helpful and gave lots of advice on places to go and things to do.

I had a great stay at Dozy House and I will recommend it to anyone I will meet along my way. Only one thing guys. I don't know about the private rooms. The dorm toilet need TOILET PAPER. On my perspective it is not acceptable a private bathroom without toilet paper. I can understand that in Thailand public bathroom do not provide toilet paper. But this is not a public bathroom. Guests pay to stay at your dorm and they deserve to find toilet paper every day! Also. Trash bins need to be empty. Thx

Great place -- Comfortable, and clean! The staff was super friendly and helpful as well. Free toast, coffee and tea 24 hours a day. Not very close to main area with bars and restaurants, so if you want to party be prepared to walk or tuk tuk.

Great place for a couple or if you like staying in dorms. Traveling as a single person I had to pay for 2 people (for private room) which was rather expensive, but Gena the owner was wonderful! Very helpful, they will organize any tour/transportation you need! Located good 10-15 from the 'center ' but safe to walk at night. Breakfast was very basic (toast and jelly plus coffee), towels were also super tiny but rooms are big with the best shower I encountered in Thailand! I Definitely recommend.

Quiet location away from the busy tourist areas but easy to reach everywhere by bike, especially trendy western part of the city. Gina and all the staff were super helpful with any question and helping arrange transport etc. Nothing was too much trouble. 6-bed dorm was spacious and had it's own bathroom, with good shower pressure and hot water. Would stay here again.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The dorm rooms are nice, with ensuite bath, good shower. Big private locker. The lobby downstairs is quite small though, so not the best place for socializing.

We stayed there for about one week, first in a private double room, later in the dorm. The double room was very nice, big and clean, with a comfortable bed, pillows and blanket, nothing to complain! The dorm was not the best I ever was in, but it was clean and okay. The staff is really very very nice and helpful in any cases, so we felt very welcome there! I definitely recommend Dozy House and will again stay there if I come back.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's a clean place with kitchen facilities and free breakfast (toast, marmelade, tea and coffee, eggs for 6 baht per piece). You can hire a towel for 20 baht and get drinks for fair prices. It's not in the restaurant and bar area, but there are a few places to eat and drink around and you can easily walk to all the sights in the Old City. The night market is a little bit farer away but you can also walk (20 min) or take a taxi.

I wish I could have stayed in Chiang Mai longer, and had I, then I would definitely stay at Dozy House longer! It's really nice and laid back and everyone is more than willing to help you out!!

A wonderful hostel with excellent staff. Private room was spacious and clean. Hostel helped arranged activities, gave advice on places to go and provided bikes free of charge. Really inpressed and would definitely return.

Very kind and efficient staff, Gina is always smiling and helping. Kitchen to use, laundry, cozy rooms... Totally recommended.

• 5th Nov 2014