Dozy House Reviews

2/1 Singharaj Road, Soi 2, Sriphum Sub-district, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I loved it here. Me and my boyfriend online stayed 2 nights but wish it had been longer. The staff are great and will do all they can to help. All I must say is there is a school next door singing the national anthem for half an hour every morning at 8. Fine if you're a morning person but I'm really not!

Gina and her family are such lovely people and they really make u feel at home in their home, she does everything for u: books tours, taxis, cooks the meals, etc, she's so happy to help. Gina even let me leave my bags with her while I went to pai and let me use the facilities when I returned.it was a lovely stay and I definitely would return, such a great place! Thanks Gina!

Jina, her staff (hi Coco!) and her family were wonderful. This is a very comfortable and clean place to stay. It is not a party hostel but rather a calm oasis in Chiang Mai. That being said I still met a lot of awesome people during a stay of 7+ days in the dorms. I loved the location, it's walking distance to everything (20-30 minutes to the night bazaar, which I consider walking distance, temples are around the corner). Jina and the helpful staff made the stay. I highly recommend Dozy!

• 15th Jul 2015

Great hostel. Very well located in chiang mai and the staff is super friendly. I would highly recommend staying there on your trip to Chiang Mai. The restroom should have been cleaned more often but that is a minor problem.

We absolutely loved staying at the Dozy House. Gina, the owner, was super helpful and always had a huge smile on her face. She made our stay in Chiang Mai a time we will never forget! The Dozy is in a great location in walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars. It is also super close to the Sunday market which is a plus! Our room was clean, spacious, and had a great updated bathroom. I would recommend anyone going go Chiang Mai to stay at the Dozy- it was great!!

• 8th Jul 2015

Dozy House is fantastic! Jina (owner) helped me to organise several activities in and around Chiang Mai! In addition she is such a warm welcoming person that I really felt at home during my stay.

I can't speak highly enough of Jina for I have never, in all my travels, met someone more willing (and downright excited!) to help me plan than her. She's friendly, engaging, helpful, and, really, just plain wonderful. Stay at Dozy House; you won't regret it. (Facilities are great, too!)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Spacious, comfortable and clean room. Free toast and coffee/tea with other nice breakfast options available for a reasonable price. Highly recommend this place for a relaxing stay.

Family there is so so nice. She cared about us personally and offered for us to golf with her husband and workout ideas when she found out we like golfing and exercise. There is free toast, coffee and tea and cheap delicious food for sale. Rooms are fairly spacious!

• 25th May 2015

I stayed at Dozy house for three nights before leaving to do a two day trek. The staff were really cheery and helpful, there is free tea, coffee and toast 24 hours a day and there is a big living area down stairs good for chilling out. They serve great breakfasts too. HOWEVER, we reserved beds in the dorm for after our trek, and arrived hot, tired and in need of a shower. They had given our beds to someone else meaning we then had to find another hostel. This really changed our opinion.

Dear Ruth, This may be a mistake by misunderstanding. We did not intend to give bed to someone else, but rather than misunderstand. However, I am sorry if I make you upset on this. We will compensate you someway if an opportunity come by again. You are always welcome to our house. Jina

I love Dozy House! This was my 2nd time staying here, Gina and the staff are phenomenal, so friendly and helpful. My friends and I came during Songkran, so it was all booked but Gina was a godsend and moved us around to whatever room was available. It's a bit out of the Old City walls, but I've enjoyed both my stays here, which a year apart. I highly recommend you stay here!

Super helpful and friendly staff, willing to the little things (ie printing visa letters, adding a strip of bacon) without hassle or charge. Will be recommending to others.

Hostel is on a quiet street on the west side of the old city. No too far to walk anywhere or catch a red truck. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, offering great suggestions what to do and where to eat. Hostel is kept quite clean and great value for money.

This hostel is amazing! The rooms are very big and the beds so comfy. Very clean and the shower is separated from the toilet (which is not always provided in thailands hostels), so another plus! Gina the hostel owner is always there for you and feels responsible for every kind of problem which she solves in no time! With her warmhearted smile and her passion to keep the hostel clean and friendly she provides an environment you immediately feel welcome and home! Definitely recommended!

We loved staying at this family run guesthouse. The family are lovely and we used the husband's taxi service to visit temples and get around the town, at standard taxi rates. Clean, comfy, good aircon and wifi, you can't go wrong!

A fantastic place to stay, beautiful family that run the business and they really cannot do enough for you! Such a nice little building located ideally on the edge of town. A good place for both families and the backpackers that want to relax and get a good night's sleep.

• 29th Mar 2015

This is a great, family run hostel, on a quiet street and very close to Ratchadamnoen street, the major east - west street through the center of the old city. It is two or three blocks from a real restaurant, but plenty of sidewalk food venders are close.

Owner was a lovely lady who spoke very good english.She was very welcoming and friendly and was extremely helpful in booking things to do and places to go. Nicest staff iv had the pleasure to meet.

• 22nd Feb 2015

One of the best hostels y I've ever stayed.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

Gina is amazing. She was so helpful and full of energy. She can and will help do anything to make your stay amazing. If you don't stay at Dozy House you are cheating yourself from having an absolutely amazing time in Chiang Mai.