Dozy House Reviews

2/1 Singharaj Road, Soi 2, Sriphum Sub-district, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I can't speak highly enough of Jina for I have never, in all my travels, met someone more willing (and downright excited!) to help me plan than her. She's friendly, engaging, helpful, and, really, just plain wonderful. Stay at Dozy House; you won't regret it. (Facilities are great, too!)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Spacious, comfortable and clean room. Free toast and coffee/tea with other nice breakfast options available for a reasonable price. Highly recommend this place for a relaxing stay.

Family there is so so nice. She cared about us personally and offered for us to golf with her husband and workout ideas when she found out we like golfing and exercise. There is free toast, coffee and tea and cheap delicious food for sale. Rooms are fairly spacious!

• 25th May 2015

I stayed at Dozy house for three nights before leaving to do a two day trek. The staff were really cheery and helpful, there is free tea, coffee and toast 24 hours a day and there is a big living area down stairs good for chilling out. They serve great breakfasts too. HOWEVER, we reserved beds in the dorm for after our trek, and arrived hot, tired and in need of a shower. They had given our beds to someone else meaning we then had to find another hostel. This really changed our opinion.

Dear Ruth, This may be a mistake by misunderstanding. We did not intend to give bed to someone else, but rather than misunderstand. However, I am sorry if I make you upset on this. We will compensate you someway if an opportunity come by again. You are always welcome to our house. Jina

I love Dozy House! This was my 2nd time staying here, Gina and the staff are phenomenal, so friendly and helpful. My friends and I came during Songkran, so it was all booked but Gina was a godsend and moved us around to whatever room was available. It's a bit out of the Old City walls, but I've enjoyed both my stays here, which a year apart. I highly recommend you stay here!

Super helpful and friendly staff, willing to the little things (ie printing visa letters, adding a strip of bacon) without hassle or charge. Will be recommending to others.

Hostel is on a quiet street on the west side of the old city. No too far to walk anywhere or catch a red truck. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, offering great suggestions what to do and where to eat. Hostel is kept quite clean and great value for money.

This hostel is amazing! The rooms are very big and the beds so comfy. Very clean and the shower is separated from the toilet (which is not always provided in thailands hostels), so another plus! Gina the hostel owner is always there for you and feels responsible for every kind of problem which she solves in no time! With her warmhearted smile and her passion to keep the hostel clean and friendly she provides an environment you immediately feel welcome and home! Definitely recommended!

We loved staying at this family run guesthouse. The family are lovely and we used the husband's taxi service to visit temples and get around the town, at standard taxi rates. Clean, comfy, good aircon and wifi, you can't go wrong!

A fantastic place to stay, beautiful family that run the business and they really cannot do enough for you! Such a nice little building located ideally on the edge of town. A good place for both families and the backpackers that want to relax and get a good night's sleep.

• 29th Mar 2015

This is a great, family run hostel, on a quiet street and very close to Ratchadamnoen street, the major east - west street through the center of the old city. It is two or three blocks from a real restaurant, but plenty of sidewalk food venders are close.

Owner was a lovely lady who spoke very good english.She was very welcoming and friendly and was extremely helpful in booking things to do and places to go. Nicest staff iv had the pleasure to meet.

• 22nd Feb 2015

One of the best hostels y I've ever stayed.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

Gina is amazing. She was so helpful and full of energy. She can and will help do anything to make your stay amazing. If you don't stay at Dozy House you are cheating yourself from having an absolutely amazing time in Chiang Mai.

Gina and her husband were fantastic and did everything possible to make our stay an enjoyable one. The location is great and my family and I walked almost everywhere. We found great restaurants around the hostel and loved the quiet neighborhood the hostel was located in. Downsides: The mattresses were ultra stiff and not comfortable and the main floor was cluttered.

Good sized room, clean and well located hostel. The staff were super helpful and gave lots of advice on places to go and things to do.

I had a great stay at Dozy House and I will recommend it to anyone I will meet along my way. Only one thing guys. I don't know about the private rooms. The dorm toilet need TOILET PAPER. On my perspective it is not acceptable a private bathroom without toilet paper. I can understand that in Thailand public bathroom do not provide toilet paper. But this is not a public bathroom. Guests pay to stay at your dorm and they deserve to find toilet paper every day! Also. Trash bins need to be empty. Thx