Dozy House Reviews

2/1 Singharaj Road, Soi 2, Sriphum Sub-district, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The bed was amazingly comfy, we slept like babies zZzzzZzzzZZzzzz :) And the staff was very helpful especially the owner and her little son were lovely :)

A really comfortable clean hostel. Shared a private room with my partner. Very clean, staff very friendly and helpful, a great choice of hostel

We had a superb stay at Dozy House, the room was an excellent size as was the bathroom, the staff were very friendly and incredibly helpful when it came to organising day trips. It is in a good location, still within a short walk from the local amenities in the old town and a Tuk Tuk is easily obtainable from the end of the road in case you wanted to go a bit further afield. The food is also very nice and it has a very laid back feel about it.

This hostel was wonderful!!!! Staff super helpful, rooms clean. Only complaint was we never had any spoiler paper in our room, and we had to keep asking the front desk to replenish it.

The staff was incredibly helpful booking tickets etc. the room was comfortable, clean, and cool. Great place to stay!!

A bit pricier than other places in Chiang Mai but still a nice place to stay! Staff is extremely friendly along with the really cute kid! (although the only thing that was a bit off putting was that they didn't let me early check in, I really needed a nap from a long bus journey!) all in all, would recommend!

you have two option in chian mai. you can either stay in the old city or in the trendy part of the city located oustide of the moat. because we stayed in the trendy part for most of our time in chiang mai, we only had the chance to stay here for one night. if you would rather stay in the old city, this is definitely one of the better hostels to stay at. the staff are very friendly and helpful and its located on a nice quiet street not far away from the tourist attractions.

I loved it here. Me and my boyfriend online stayed 2 nights but wish it had been longer. The staff are great and will do all they can to help. All I must say is there is a school next door singing the national anthem for half an hour every morning at 8. Fine if you're a morning person but I'm really not!

Gina and her family are such lovely people and they really make u feel at home in their home, she does everything for u: books tours, taxis, cooks the meals, etc, she's so happy to help. Gina even let me leave my bags with her while I went to pai and let me use the facilities when I returned.it was a lovely stay and I definitely would return, such a great place! Thanks Gina!

Jina, her staff (hi Coco!) and her family were wonderful. This is a very comfortable and clean place to stay. It is not a party hostel but rather a calm oasis in Chiang Mai. That being said I still met a lot of awesome people during a stay of 7+ days in the dorms. I loved the location, it's walking distance to everything (20-30 minutes to the night bazaar, which I consider walking distance, temples are around the corner). Jina and the helpful staff made the stay. I highly recommend Dozy!

• 15th Jul 2015

Great hostel. Very well located in chiang mai and the staff is super friendly. I would highly recommend staying there on your trip to Chiang Mai. The restroom should have been cleaned more often but that is a minor problem.

We absolutely loved staying at the Dozy House. Gina, the owner, was super helpful and always had a huge smile on her face. She made our stay in Chiang Mai a time we will never forget! The Dozy is in a great location in walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars. It is also super close to the Sunday market which is a plus! Our room was clean, spacious, and had a great updated bathroom. I would recommend anyone going go Chiang Mai to stay at the Dozy- it was great!!

• 8th Jul 2015

Dozy House is fantastic! Jina (owner) helped me to organise several activities in and around Chiang Mai! In addition she is such a warm welcoming person that I really felt at home during my stay.

I can't speak highly enough of Jina for I have never, in all my travels, met someone more willing (and downright excited!) to help me plan than her. She's friendly, engaging, helpful, and, really, just plain wonderful. Stay at Dozy House; you won't regret it. (Facilities are great, too!)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Spacious, comfortable and clean room. Free toast and coffee/tea with other nice breakfast options available for a reasonable price. Highly recommend this place for a relaxing stay.

Family there is so so nice. She cared about us personally and offered for us to golf with her husband and workout ideas when she found out we like golfing and exercise. There is free toast, coffee and tea and cheap delicious food for sale. Rooms are fairly spacious!

• 25th May 2015

I stayed at Dozy house for three nights before leaving to do a two day trek. The staff were really cheery and helpful, there is free tea, coffee and toast 24 hours a day and there is a big living area down stairs good for chilling out. They serve great breakfasts too. HOWEVER, we reserved beds in the dorm for after our trek, and arrived hot, tired and in need of a shower. They had given our beds to someone else meaning we then had to find another hostel. This really changed our opinion.

Dear Ruth, This may be a mistake by misunderstanding. We did not intend to give bed to someone else, but rather than misunderstand. However, I am sorry if I make you upset on this. We will compensate you someway if an opportunity come by again. You are always welcome to our house. Jina

I love Dozy House! This was my 2nd time staying here, Gina and the staff are phenomenal, so friendly and helpful. My friends and I came during Songkran, so it was all booked but Gina was a godsend and moved us around to whatever room was available. It's a bit out of the Old City walls, but I've enjoyed both my stays here, which a year apart. I highly recommend you stay here!

Super helpful and friendly staff, willing to the little things (ie printing visa letters, adding a strip of bacon) without hassle or charge. Will be recommending to others.

Hostel is on a quiet street on the west side of the old city. No too far to walk anywhere or catch a red truck. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, offering great suggestions what to do and where to eat. Hostel is kept quite clean and great value for money.