Dozy House Reviews

2/1 Singharaj Road, Soi 2, Sriphum Sub-district, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hostel, nice rooms and very friendly staff.

I would definitely recommend this place. The staff is very helpfull!

Staff were extremely helpful and continually went out of their way to organise activities for us, even beyond our time in Chiang Mai

• 23rd Jan 2014

I LOVED my time at Dozy, I was here for 7nights. Gina and Nee are awesome, they go above and beyond. They had everything I wanted to do and see, helped me book tours, flights, bus tickets and more. A lot of my friends wanted to stay here after coming to visit. About the room: Thin mattress, but comfortable. Awesome shower, always hot. Made A LOT of friends. Love the toast all day thing. Clean everywhere I went (kitchen, dorm, lobby, bathrooms). You need to stay here!

The room was very big and the hostel was clean. The owner was helpful in booking massages and activities. You can easily walk around the old town from here and see many of the important sites. A light breakfast was included. I only stayed here for one night, but it was very comfortable and relaxing. Make sure you let them know if you are arriving earlier than operating hours! I wasn't able to check in when we arrived early, but she let us shower and change in another room, which was very nice.

I absolutely loved my stay at Dozy House! Gina and the staff are incredibly friendly and so helpful in suggesting ideas and organizing activities for you. The atmosphere is so chill, really great place for relaxing.

• 18th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel, she is super friendly and helpful. The 6 baht eggs with coffee, tea & toast make easy breakfasts. Definitely will stay here again.

Location is nice and quite. You have everything you need around you. Main Pub locations are on the other side of the old town though. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice spacious and clean. More like a homestay really. Loved it very much!

Very good value for money. Clean rooms. Thin walls, but quite. Really helpful and friendly staff. Good english. Toast is availible the whole day.

Gina was very helpful and provided me with assistance when needed. My room was great, hot water, and very peaceful. The hostel is near a lot of temples within walking distance as well as eateries.

Very comfortable with a family atmosphere. Staff very supportive and friendly and they strive to anticipate ur needs...they did most of the bookings for me. I would def stay there again when in Chiang Mai....

The staff were awesome, they help you book anything and they also do your laundry for about 85THB per load! The shower was great, rain forest style you can definitely shave and wash your hair. There was also complimentary breakfast every morning. And the staff spoke English we'll.

Greatest shower ever (as in 2 shower handles and water so hot you have to use the cold water). It may have been an off-time for them, but this place is more guest house than a hostel. Not many backpackers. If you are looking for a nice quiet place, this is for you.

Fantastic value place - owners were extremely friendly and helpful, a lovely family. Highly recommended, very clean and in a quieter corner of the old city.

I loved that Dozy House isn't located in the part of the Old City where all the other hostels are. It's sort of nestled away on a quiet street. The downside of this is that I often got lost when trying to find it. The people at the hostel are really what make it special: Gina, the owner, is incredibly sweet and helpful. It's a great place to meet interesting people from all over the world. I'm not sure I would recommend the elephant tour...but it's probably better than others offered in CM.

Always have a chicken singing in ours ear at 4 am until 8am!! I thing to be a excelent place if The owner could clean the bathroom every day, principaly in mix dorms.

• 21st Dec 2013

A lovely family owned hostel inside the city walls of Chiang Mai. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean dorm and ensuite shower. Small social area on the ground floor but I didn't see many people there. Easy access to all that Chiang Mai has to offer, and a great tour desk to do things like Tiger World, ATV Treks, Muay Thai, and booking onward travel.

Gina, the owner, is so sweet and helpful!!! :)

No safety deposit. To noicy. Not so nice room but clean. Good staff.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

Quiet and peaceful hostel, on the edge of the old city and away from the "main" backpackers street - good if you want somewhere calm to stay, they have free tea/coffee and toast 24 hours a day which is nice. The staff are very helpful in booking taxis and tours.