Dozy House Reviews

2/1 Singharaj Road, Soi 2, Sriphum Sub-district, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Tough to find good restaurants in the area, but very nice clean place to stay. Friendly staff.

I enjoyed my stay at Dozy House a lot. The staff is very friendly, never in a bad mood and always willing to help. It is very convenient that you can book bus and tour tickets at the reception. Room and bathroom were clean enough, lockers were big. Common room did not really help meeting people, but I met some nice people in my room. Location for me was good, away from all the party noise (only a tuk tuk ride away though) but close to restaurants. Would definitely recommand staying here!

Quite possibly the best place we have stayed at whilst traveling , mainly due to very friendly owner - highly recommend! :-)

• 14th May 2014

Gina was very helpful and helped us arrange a last minute cooking class. My main issue was that they did not say that there was a cat at the hostel and since I am allergic this was a bit of a problem. At the time of our visit the cat had just had kittens and was nursing them in the kitchen drawer near the food and cups, so if you are allergic be careful of the common area.

20 minute walk to centre. Clean,quiet. No big negatives

Brilliant hostel. Staff was so friendly. Met so many amazing people here!

A/c broke down, didn't sleep all night and the thing Jina said the next morning was that we should've put it on 25C. Well, didn't work either so with the 5 of us we where replaced to a private room, super intimate, all the beds where placed next to each other. Not for me! The matrassen where way too hard. They didn't clean the dorm and/or sheets. English of the staff could be better as well. Overall, i wouldn't stay here again.

• 25th Apr 2014

What a lovely little place! Gina helped book some of our tours and buses, all for the price we found going direct without us asking for discount unlike some tour desks that will try and get you to their preferred tour or up the prices. The location is in a quiet area of the old city which is great as you can walk into town for the bars etc but can return for a good nights sleep. The common area is nice enough, just a few tables and chairs at the front of the hostel with a cheap beer fridge.

staff were nice but only one of them can speak good English, they were helpful anyway. It was nice that they help me arrange my tours and make reservation for me. Not many Thai ppl in Chiangmai speak English, so please ask staff to write down address in Thai if you need to call a taxi/tuk-tuk/songthaew on the street. Location is not as good as I expected. There is no reading light in the mix dormi room :(

Dozy House was wonderful! We stayed one night and ended up staying 7 more. 3 of us had a private room with a fridge, TV, and clean towels and paid 12$ US each a night. Gina was extremely sweet and helpful and booked all of our excursions on the first day we were there. I would HIGHLY recommend this place!

• 17th Apr 2014

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Clean, hot showers. Aircon worked great. Large lockers. Free toast and tea 24 hours.

Very nice hostel, we wanted something a bit quieter, where we could keep to ourselves, and this delivered. If you're looking for a busier, bustling place where you can easily meet people, I'd recommend going with Bunchun instead. But if you want to have your own clean space away from it all, Dozy House is perfect.

Staff was very kind. The dorms had nice, big lockers to use and an amazing shower with hot water/ aircon. I met other travelers there that I got along well with and spent time with, so if you're traveling alone it's good. Be careful with the laundry, though. I had a few nice articles of clothing go missing. It could have been mixed with another person's laundry, but I was upset to get to my next location and find they were not in my laundry bag :(.

• 9th Apr 2014

friendly owner, staff. quite reasonable for the time of year it was during songkran so prices were a bit inflated everywhere. I would definitly go back and it is very close to town and other fun hostels.

I had a wonderful stay here! The staff here is so hospitable and willing to go above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. Mixed dorms are spacious with large lockers and adjacent bathroom- very clean. There is free use of the kitchen and free tea/coffee and toast/jam/butter as well. The staff can help you arrange activities and transportation during your vacation and on your way to/from the airport, which is only about 10 minutes away. Very homey. I would definitely come back again!

Staff is really nice.. Will come back...

Staff are nice, especially Nee. She is passionate to recommend the travel routes and the food around.

Good hostel for a one night stay

Cant Fault this place when it comes to value for money. And the staff are super nice and helpful!

Room is big and they are all very nice. Breakfast is free. The location of the hotel is a little far from the central part but we usually use taxi. Better not to order Jungle Flight here because their rate is worse than others. We paid more than others in the team who ordered in their hotle. It's like 500tb difference.