Dragan's Den Reviews

Ulica 91, Put Svetog Antuna, Korcula, Croatia

The location is far fron the old town. If you arrive with luggage prepare for a long walk. There are no street names anywhere, reaching the hostel for the first time was quite complicated. The kitchen was not clean. We only dare to prepare a cul o coffee on our arrival, afterwards we decided to eat out. At the end, it really looks like an improvised business.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Ecuador

This is a party hostel, so be warned. Dragan is a nice guy, and makes an effort to help you with your stay. Beds weren't particularly comfortable, and the bathroom could use some cleaning.

Location is not ideal. it is more of a 20 -25min walk into town. You do get picked up on arrival which is good. The beaches that are walking distance (10mins) I would not classify as idyllic. The hostel was overbooked 3 nights in a row with some people sleeping outside and some people having to share beds. We somehow booked over the net on the day and were given beds over people who had been there for 2 days and had been walk ins. Pool wasnt that clean nor the place to be honest. Price is good.

I was overbooked and the owner gave the a private room near the hostel to sleep. The owner really doesn't like to work for the hostel, so be prepared for his bad mood! He helped me sometimes but he was definitely in a bad mood. Very impolite guy sometimes.

• 11th Aug 2015

Love it here. Thanks for being so relaxed and awesome. Could only ask for a bigger fridge! :)

• 11th Aug 2015

If travelling as a couple Dragan will leave you be, but definitely can be a bit sleazy with all female groups. Apart from that hostel is great.

Great place to meet other travellers, pool and terrace perfect in evening! Friendly staff who will help you get around - Came and picked us up from bus station when we arrived.

My time in Korcula was made perfect because of staying at this hostel. Dragan is an amazing host who really wants everyone to have the best possible time. He goes over and beyond to make sure you have your stay is perfect! Upon returning to Korcula I would 100% stay here again.

I wasn't impressed at all with this hostel, the location was quite far from the main port (about 30 minutes walk) which meant we had to catch taxis a lot. We weren't given a key for the hostel dorm and the door was left open all day and night. The cleanliness was poor and I just felt quite dirty staying there. The staff were great, picked us up from the port and gave us a lift to the beach on our arrival which was nice but other than that there isn't really anything positive to say.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Dragan, the owner is hilarious and it's quite small so you can make friends easily! Had an awesome day and a wicked night! I highly recommend if you like joking around!

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Dragon picked us up from the ferry terminal, which was super convenient. We stayed in a private room which was very nice, but we're told by other guests that the dorm rooms didn't have locks or keys. Walking distance to the old city, and Dragon was able to drive us to the Lambarda beach.

nice time, nice value for money !

The hostel was very out of the way, but we knew that when we made our reservation: the price was definitely th deciding factor. We had a private, ensuite so we didn't have any problems with facilities. My only complaint was that Dragan would make uncomfortable comments to my friend and I.

Dragan was the most accommodating host, willing to drive you around and chat and provide astrological info especially. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return.

• 26th Jul 2015

Fabulous island, very relaxing. We enjoyed our stay at this hostel but the walk into the old city (hub of Korcula) was long- approximately 30-40mins. However, the hostel offer a free pick up in town when you arrive and a drop off when you check out- saved us hauling our bags around! Would recommend.

Really cool hostel. Pool was great. Staff were amazing, friendly and really helpful. Dragan gave you a lift where ever you wanted if he could. Legend.

Dragan was the best hostel host! He took me and the other guests in his minibus to some great spots on the island where we jumped off rocks in to the sea and socialised, we then had a BBQ in the evening all together which he arranged. He also arranged my transfer to Dubrovnik for me which saved me a lot of money and time. All in all a great stay at Dragan's Den.

This hostel is not for everybody, but it definitely does the job (especially if you want to save money). It's like staying with your older brother's friend. The owner is quite friendly and willing to help out (driving to places whenever). The hostel is a single-family house in a suburb of Korcula town. Be warned that the dorm room is basically a bunch of beds laid out in a huge room/common room upstairs (which was not a problem for me at all). Little privacy or security, but didn't bother me.

We stayed here two nights. One night in a private room which was very good. The second night we stayed in the dorm but however wasn't as good. The dorm room was in a basement with very little light and no air conditioning. There were no locks to the doors or any lockers for the guests. Beds for very uncomfortable and there was only one toilet for 12 people. Owners/staff were very nice and helpful . Location was a bit out of the way and would cost about 60 kuna each time you wanted to go int town

Nice hostel with verygood hospitality from staff and even Dragan himself.They take y ou for free in Korcula.

• 11th Jul 2015