Dragan's Den Reviews

Ulica 91, Put Svetog Antuna, Korcula, Croatia

It was a 20-30 minute walk from the city. The guy running the hostel was extremely unorganized. And the kitchen was filthy! The girls that cleaned the rooms were very nice though! I would never stay there again. Korcula was very nice though, just stay somewhere else.

Not the best option, but definitley not the worst option.

Owner can be very temperamental but we didn't have any serious issues whilst there. DO NOT STAY IN THE 12 bed dorm, it smells musty and the sheets are damp. The 4 bed was fine although the mattresses have seen better days, springs poking thru everywhere. We met some amazing people there, good location, good kitchen facilities.

Brilliant that host collects and delivers you to bus station! Was also great that there was a pool! Very popular hostel!

DONT STAY! The hostel owner is a huge creep, so gross and pervert, he Thinks he's cool but it's really uncomfortable. Beds are awful all springs sticking out and bugs everywhere.

The hostel itself was very cheap, which is why we booked rooms there in the first place, and overall our rooms were fine and comfortable enough (although we booked a double and triple room, and we heard that shared bunk rooms are not as cozy). The location was slightly inconvienient, only because the map into town was confusing and it took about 15 minutes to get there. The staff was nice, but the hostel owner was a bit creepy...just try to keep to yourself and/or stick with friends.

A decent hostel but a long walk to the old city. They have a kitchen and a pool and sell (overpriced) beer on site. The price is good if you are looking to save money but the location, despite pickup and drop off to and from the port on travel days, is a hassle. It is probably a 20 minute walk but will take longer as the route is kinda confusing. The owner, Dragan is a character.

Do not stay here if you are female. The hostel owner is a total creep who makes all the women uncomfortable with inappropriate comments and stories, not to mention the unnecessary touching. He also feels entitled to eat his guests food and is an all-round weirdo. It is obvious that he uses the hostel to prey on women - both his own staff and guests. The other staff were lovely though and the pool is great.

Where to start? This hostel is an absolute nightmare. The owner is extremely patronizing and very sexist. I would rate the staff as 'very poor' just based on the owner, but the two Work Away employees truly felt bad for the awful behaviour of the owner and they tried their hardest to make guests feel better. As for the hostel itself, make sure you stay FAR away from the 12 bed dorm. It is in a cellar that is damp, cold and moldy. It only has one way in/out and is an extreme fire hazard.

Do not stay in this hostel and particularly the 12 bed. The 12 bed dorm has no windows, is underground and riddled with damp and mould. There are also bugs everywhere, general standards are not good. The owner - Dragan is very creepy. You check in and he explains his rating system for girls and stereotypes every country and the girls. None of us wanted to be in a room alone with him. He also eats your food and expects any girls staying at the hostel to cook for him. Avoid!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Equatorial Guinea

Worst bed I have ever slept on and not exaggerating. Australian staff very nice, dragen generaly nice but can often be too intense with hostel guests. Not the worst hostel but not the best.

I feel like I might have gotten very unlucky, but we booked a 4 bed dorm and there were so many insects (mosquitoes, myriapods, spiders, ants, ...) that I did not sleep at all and woke up with about 40 bites on my body. There was a lot of mosquitoes outside too, but that wasn't too bad. I think our room was particularly bad and that the others were fine though. Dragan was nice enough to refund our money though and I thank him for that. Our room had no AC either which just made it worse...

Me and my friend stayed at Dragon's Den for the one night in Korcula, we had originally payed to spend the night in a 20 bed mixed dorm but Dragon (the owner) gave us a double bed private room for the same price, because it was empty, which was really nice. The room was great value for money and had lots of good facilities. Dragon was really friendly and made our stay very comfortable, he even offered us a lift into the main town. Overall great experience and I would definitely return.

It was fantastic. Was driven to and picked up at the beaches, pubs, and buses(even at 6am ) . Felt like a real family. The pool was great to and i stayed in my own room with my own bath. There is a full kitchen and a common room which every one just hangs out and the staff set up games but if you want some quiet there was a terrace above as well as tables all over different areas outside. Best hostel Ive stayed in . Thank you Dragan

• 23rd May 2014

i wasn't that keen on this place, its a bit of a walk to get to the hostel. i was with a friend and we booked a dorm room but got upgraded to a private double room which was lovely, except our bathroom was smelly and covered in random hairs. we didn't get a great vibe from dragan, the owner and therefore didn't really want to spend much time in the common area.

View all Korcula Bed and Breakfasts