Dragan's Den Reviews

Ulica 91, Put Svetog Antuna, Korcula, Croatia

The hostel was very out of the way, but we knew that when we made our reservation: the price was definitely th deciding factor. We had a private, ensuite so we didn't have any problems with facilities. My only complaint was that Dragan would make uncomfortable comments to my friend and I.

Fabulous island, very relaxing. We enjoyed our stay at this hostel but the walk into the old city (hub of Korcula) was long- approximately 30-40mins. However, the hostel offer a free pick up in town when you arrive and a drop off when you check out- saved us hauling our bags around! Would recommend.

Dragan was the best hostel host! He took me and the other guests in his minibus to some great spots on the island where we jumped off rocks in to the sea and socialised, we then had a BBQ in the evening all together which he arranged. He also arranged my transfer to Dubrovnik for me which saved me a lot of money and time. All in all a great stay at Dragan's Den.

This hostel is not for everybody, but it definitely does the job (especially if you want to save money). It's like staying with your older brother's friend. The owner is quite friendly and willing to help out (driving to places whenever). The hostel is a single-family house in a suburb of Korcula town. Be warned that the dorm room is basically a bunch of beds laid out in a huge room/common room upstairs (which was not a problem for me at all). Little privacy or security, but didn't bother me.

We stayed here two nights. One night in a private room which was very good. The second night we stayed in the dorm but however wasn't as good. The dorm room was in a basement with very little light and no air conditioning. There were no locks to the doors or any lockers for the guests. Beds for very uncomfortable and there was only one toilet for 12 people. Owners/staff were very nice and helpful . Location was a bit out of the way and would cost about 60 kuna each time you wanted to go int town

Nice hostel with verygood hospitality from staff and even Dragan himself.They take y ou for free in Korcula.

• 11th Jul 2015

The staff were really helpful and friendly. The hostel has a pick up from the center which it helps a lot. The hostel is located on the top of a hill and the distance of the center is like 15 minutes walking. They also have a swimming pool. There are just toilets for all the guests, but by the time I was there it was not a problem cause the hostel was not full.

Book here now and stop wasting your time looking at options. One of the best places I've stayed and best price in korcula!

Dragan is a legend, his hostel is paradise, the walk to town is a 20 minute stroll through heaven (that's if he or the lovely Tanya doesn't pick you up which they seem to be happy to do at anytime). The price is the best in town to boot. We had a private double with en-suite which satisfied us immensely. We had privacy but also an opportunity to meet travellers and revel! You should stay here!

This was quite far out of town with a pack, they did however come to pick me up but only after I found someone in the town who knew where it was and called them for me. I got upgraded to a single room which was great but there wasn't much atmosphere, it wasn't like a normal hostel and lots of parts of the house smelt funny. It's definitely the place to stay if you want to meet others it's just not quite the hostel environment I expected.

Had an awesome stay at the Den. Originally booked for two nights, ended up staying for a whole week. That should sum it up pretty well.

Dragan was very helpful and a great host. The hostel was clean we we got upgraded to a private room at no charge. There was some cherries left out and stuff to nibble on by the host. The pool was a nice touch after a long day to hang out by and have a drink. The location is about 30 min walk from korcula old town but was a perfect home base for us to see the whole island. Dragan did offer to drive us to the town etc but we had our own car which we parked in his driveway which was perfect.

• 16th Jun 2015

Owner is so kind and helpful. Room and quiet and clean, they also have well-equipped and clean kitchen. One thing you might think be a problem is it's bit far from old city, but don't worry they offer FREE pick-up, drop-off. (Actually I didn't know and walked to the hostel, but it's fun) I recommend the hostel.

View all Korcula Bed and Breakfasts