Dragan's Den Reviews

Ulica 91, Put Svetog Antuna, Korcula, Croatia

This hostel is completely misrepresented in its description, and is easily the worst place I have ever stayed. -Dragan would not give me a key to the building or my room (he said they're always unlocked anyways) and there's no where to lock valuables -the place was dirty (ie. hair in my 'clean' bed, dust, etc) -it is a 10 minute drive to Korcula town, not 10 min walk as advertised -Dragan doesn't get along with his own staff, and complains inappropriately about them openly DO NOT STAY HERE

• 25th Aug 2014

my daughter and I had a lot of fun at Dragan's place. We had an ensuite double room: it was clean and comfortable. What we liked most was the atmosphere: very relaxed with people coming and going all day. It's a very good place if you travel alone as you can meet people from all over the world. Korcula is a beatiful place but not so easy to visit without a car. The hostel is not so near to the town and to the beaches but Dragan is very kind and gives you shuttle service many times a day.

• 19th Aug 2014

I wouldn't advise girls to stay here alone, an unconventional hostel not my cup of tea but works for some people.

• 16th Aug 2014

It's a bit out from the city. There is a shuttle, but you have to wait a while to get picked up. There's room for everyone to hang out and meet each other. No lockers or keys are given. The beds/room had some smell that wasn't sweat- like musty. I thought the hostel was alright, but thought it wasn't much considering what I'd paid.

Not exactly an regular host, but pretty original and colorful anyway :) Friendly and welcoming. Could be a little bit more professional, though...

It's not really a hostel, it's a normal house which is packed with beds. The owner was very interested in girls, asking if they have boyfriends. i wouldn't recommend this place at all! It's absolutely too expensive and way too far from the centre.

Unfriend staff and location is very far from centre. 30min by foot.

The location feels like very far from everything, very isolated and not so easy to find. The good thing is the guy can drive you on arrival and departure, otherwise is like a 20-30 minute walk, walking up the hill, so in mid summer and carrying all your stuff could be a demanding and really sweaty experience. The big dorm is literally a cave, located on a basement, which is dark but also refreshing on warm nights. If you are not alone, go for a shared apartment, costs the same or less!

We had a really nice 5 days stay at Dragan's! In contrary to many other Reviews here, I cannot complain about the Location or Dragan himself. I was staying with my friend in a 6-bed dorm with an own kitchen and Terrasse. The rooms could not be locked, but there was never a time when I feared something might get stolen. In general, it is a really nice atmosphere at the hostel! The walking distance of 15 minutes to Korcula town was not a problem at all. Highly recommended hostel!

Hostel is good, with good atmosphere, easy to meet people. Location not great but the hostel runs shuttles so its easy to go out day or night. Staff is bad the cleaners just walk into your room without knocking frequently. Dragan is a massive creep and very inappropriate but harmless. Don't ask him for advice, we asked him about getting to our next destination in croatia and he lied so that he didn't have to drive the early shuttle which really screwed us over.

staff is friendly

• 30th Jul 2014

The bed had fleas

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

It was a 20-30 minute walk from the city. The guy running the hostel was extremely unorganized. And the kitchen was filthy! The girls that cleaned the rooms were very nice though! I would never stay there again. Korcula was very nice though, just stay somewhere else.

Not the best option, but definitley not the worst option.

Owner can be very temperamental but we didn't have any serious issues whilst there. DO NOT STAY IN THE 12 bed dorm, it smells musty and the sheets are damp. The 4 bed was fine although the mattresses have seen better days, springs poking thru everywhere. We met some amazing people there, good location, good kitchen facilities.

Brilliant that host collects and delivers you to bus station! Was also great that there was a pool! Very popular hostel!

Its a bit out of the main town but I think it is a really good location considering the price you pay. Its a very easy walk to town and there a local shops and restaurants (farm restaurant which is excellent!). Dragan is an absolutely legend and will take you on tours, show you the night life and pick you up/drop you off from the ferry. Cheers Dragan.

DONT STAY! The hostel owner is a huge creep, so gross and pervert, he Thinks he's cool but it's really uncomfortable. Beds are awful all springs sticking out and bugs everywhere.

The hostel itself was very cheap, which is why we booked rooms there in the first place, and overall our rooms were fine and comfortable enough (although we booked a double and triple room, and we heard that shared bunk rooms are not as cozy). The location was slightly inconvienient, only because the map into town was confusing and it took about 15 minutes to get there. The staff was nice, but the hostel owner was a bit creepy...just try to keep to yourself and/or stick with friends.

A decent hostel but a long walk to the old city. They have a kitchen and a pool and sell (overpriced) beer on site. The price is good if you are looking to save money but the location, despite pickup and drop off to and from the port on travel days, is a hassle. It is probably a 20 minute walk but will take longer as the route is kinda confusing. The owner, Dragan is a character.

View all Korcula Bed and Breakfasts