Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

I liked being there but in general it was nothing special. I did not pay a lot of money so actually I can not complain. The manager I randomly met asked me for feedback and was very happy about it. I think they will improve even more. If you standard is no too high, this hostel will be just fine. They have a nice bar and the people working in there are veeeery nice. it is also very close to the metro and located pretty close to the main city.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Austria

This place is great and they helped me a lot. If you're a girl travelling by yourself, this is your place. The girl at the counter even remembered my name.

This place is more like a hotel with dorm than a hostel, everything is good besides to meet people. They have a small bar but very few people there, the comment area is very small,even charge computer fee which is not common for a hostel.wifi is slow,the laundry is a bit pricey for a hostel but seems you couldn't get a better deal. Location isn't the best, not close to anywhere,staffs are very friendly.if you just look for a cheap place to stay in Beijing, this place defiantly is a good choice.

Great value for money, very conveniently located near the metro station and very helpful staff. Highly recommended!

• 9th Nov 2014

We had a great time here, staff were very friendly and helpful, the bar was sociable and we enjoyed the dumplings party. Though the everyday cleaning was thorough, some of the bathrooms need a bit of a scrub. Really good location, plenty of places to eat nearby. Would happily stay again!

I only stayed for one night, but was able to meet a lot of people at the Dumpling party. Mostly non-Chinese tourists as well as foreign food/drinks at the bar. Wifi worked well, staff is always willing to help anyone that needs information on places or tours, especially Kandice was very kind. Thanks!

This is one of the best hostel in Beijing that I think.Staff is very helpful and kindly, I like there.

Great location, staff excellent, internet does not work properly but I really recommend

For my fest hostel in China, it was fabulous !! I felt safe and well taken care of :). Thank you !

This was my second time to visit Beijing. I returned to stay here again because the staff members were very nice. It would be great if they have a little common area for guests. However, the bar was the best part of the hostel. I spent most of my time on chilling out in the bar. lol

the hostal is very good in general, only the food in the restaurant is not that good and expensive, you can get better outside. there is not a lounge room where you can spend time if don't wanna be in your room, but general is okay, we did like! specially the staff is kind, nice and helpful! we recommend this place !!

Good location and staff, but there isn't hostel atmosphere. Hostel is like small cozy hotel with dorm rooms. The locker door was broken :(

Good value-for-money hostel which seems to be a little more crowded as its near-by sister hostel Dragon Courtyard.

A little out of the way, but right next to a Metro Station, so easy access to the city centre and tourist attractions. Friendly staff and a good atmosphere, and the rooms and bathrooms kept very clean. Good lockers, and swipe card access to rooms. Luggage room for storage, and the staff even let me take a shower the evening after I'd checked out in the morning. Only stayed one night, but will definitely return here for longer next time.

The friendliest staff I have ever encounter in all my travels. They were helpful and willing to answer any question I had. The beds were a bit hard, but everything was very clean. A towel is included. The location is very convenient, although it can be a little difficult to find at night since there is not much light in the street. If you have time to go to the Great Wall on your own, do it. I signed up for the tour because it was my last day in Beijing, but I wasn't to happy with it.

Your staff was super helpful and awesome!! Would recommend this hostel to my friends!

• 29th Oct 2014

Nice hostel, very well located next to a subway station. The staff is friendly and help to book tickets for trains or buses in the country. We did the Great Wall tour number 1 and it was amazing! The 6 dorms are comfortable and the individual curtains around the beds are very practical. In the description a dumplings party is mentioned but I don't think they do it anymore. The only weak point is that there is no kitchen to cook your own food so you have to go to the restaurant or eat at the bar

• 29th Oct 2014

Awesome place! Seriously the staff are brilliant and will help you with every question you have. In fact for me it was the staff that made the place so great. Add the location in the hutong, very clean rooms, a bar and small lounge area to meet other travellers, and it's perfect. Candice was the best!!!

This hostel was in the hutong streets, very nice and confortable. We had a great stay, we even were told how to go to the Great Wall without the guided tour (Badaling tour 180 rmb, by ourselves 44 rmb - 20 rmb discount because we are students: bring your student ID card with you if you are student!! -). We will definetely recommend recommend this hostel.

Dragon King Hostel is nothing special, at best. The whole place was very dark. The rooms are small and cramped, and the showers don't have curtains, so the whole bathroom gets wet. The rooms were neither dirty nor especially clean. Worst, the atmosphere was not that of a friendly hostel, but a dark, dreary budget hotel. It was cheap, though, and easily accessible by subway. Overall, Dragon King is 'nice by Chinese standards,' meaning not very nice.

Dear Friend Thanks for your reviews and suggetions ,we have already fixed the barthroom and put curtains inside . On 26th and 27th Oct , most of our staff and guests went to our sisiter hostel to celebrate our company's 6th anniversary ,So the atmosphere seems not that good here . looking forward to seeing you again ,you will have fun here .Hope you have a good journey in China .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7