Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

The staff at this hostel are very kind and helpful. The beds are huge with bedside lamps, power points and a curtain. The showers are hot with good pressure. It is right near the subway station so you can easily access all main tourist attractions. Wifi is a little slow but It's incredibly great value for money, would recommend!

I had the chance of staying last year and compared to this time it was so much different. I was really disappointed about cleanliness, it seems they haven´t care at all about cleaning curtains and carpets inside the room I stayed and in common areas such as the computer room and corridors, which actually smell like feet. The food offered in the restaurant is ok, especially for dinner and breakfast. However 2 out of 3 times that I ordered food there I found hair in my plate and it was pretty an

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

It's an average hostel, nothing special. It does have an overpriced bar and it's near the subway which is nice Overall I was satisfied with my stay there.

Hostel is located around the corner from a subway station, and we were able to easily access all the tourist locations in Beijing (Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananman Square, Temple of Heaven, Silk and Pearl Markets) via subway. The hostel staff is very helpful with giving directions and booking tours. We did the hostel Great Wall tour and loved it! Hostel provides towels and lockers and each bed has a curtain. Wifi kind of sucks though and the common room is very small. Overall loved it!

Very good! Hostel is located near the subway station and it takes only 2 mins walk from the exit. The staff are helpful and friendly. Although they couldn't give me the door key due to some technical problem, they helped me to open the door every time I need to go in or out the room. They also keen to chat with me. The bar is a good place to chat yet the music is a little bit too loud. Hot shower and soft bed really ease my pain from walking day long. The wifi upstairs is not working well BTW.

the common room is very small,not comfotable,and the attendants are not friendly or helpful...

• 14th Aug 2015
  • China

Dear Guest thanks for your review, I was told you that we have some new staff , maybe they can not answer your question perfect, but I think we always try our best to help the guest.

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Located in a nice quiet area, but extremely close to a subway station that gets you to all the hotspots in Beijing quickly.

location is perfect, 1min walking to the subway. Not noisy. Its clean. And I like all the staff. Thank you guys so much!!! See ya next time!!!

Rooms below average, window wouldn't close, not that clean, really convenient subway right outside on the ideal line which made up for the underpar room.

Thanks for your review, and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in our hostel,you know the room you paid is the price we saled for all the summer, during the weekends even more, hope you have a nice trip.

hostel was good, but the wifi was terrible

• 31st Jul 2015

was nice overall, just try not to end up in a downstairs dorm - the nearest shower and loo is on the next floor.

Staff are really helpful. The room and facilities are a bit old but definitely clean and under expectations for places in China. Location is excellent, 2 minutes walk to the coldest subway station. The only downside would be that the wifi is just acceptable for me, would be nicer if it is more stable and faster.

Peach was fantastic help, staff super friendly. Helped me for two hours to get a simcard in only English speaking shop,etc. Free water on arrival and super cute leaving gift. The bar and hostel area itself was not very social, not easy to meet people. Food and breakfast delicious. Hostel is in very quiet hutong, not as lively as the main hutong area close to the lake and not many options to eat out. But right by subway station and very central to all major sights and areas and quick to get there

• 25th Jul 2015

This place was a bit hard to find initially but it's actually in a great place because it is just down the road from a metro station that I used everyday because it's so easy and quick! They give you a towel to use and the rooms have lockers and are always cleaned after you leave for the day plus the bar downstairs was a good place to meet people!

GREAT SERVICE!! GREAT STAFF!! I had carelessy left my Nikon camera on the tour bus that the hostel had arranged for us. I called the hostel as soon as Irealized what I had done. I was very upset with myself. The camera had been a gift from children. Within ten minutes of our arrival back at the hostel, a lovely, smiling employee knocked on my door holding the camera that I thought I had lost forever. She and the rest of the hostel staff made my day.

Very nice hostel, perfect location. The rooms are big and clean, no complaints there. The staff is also very helpful and friendly, I can definitely recommend this place.

Mattresses are very uncomfortable. Everything else was good.

Staff were very helpful and willing to help. We loved the cold water available for purchase. We were happy with the restaurant on site for early morning breakfasts. We travelled with 2 younger children and they loved the bunk beds! Good hostel overall. We would come back. The Great Wall tour leaving from hostel was also very good and very convenient.

Good place overall

Great staff! We were helped a lot, especially by the managing girl. There was one shy guy that didn't speak that well English and that couldn't help us at all, but other than that the staff was very nice. Also the bar is great, with cheap beer and a nice atmosphere. Would definitely return here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5