Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Good value for money, nothing special but in a great location. Would stay again.

the hostel was great. The only thing is that it was thre most expensive of the ones we stayed in China and it wasn´t the best. Staff great, super helpful! thanks a lot

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Central beijing location, 20 mins walk to food market etc or 3 min walk to subway. Nice staff, great rooms and nice vibe! Bar was a bit expensive but 4yuan beer available from a shop 10m away!

Very nice staff, i enjoyed staying here

The staff here were truly outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble, they were extremely knowledgeable and really went that extra mile. The hostel is right next to the subway/metro and there are some nice restaurants nearby. I've only done one wall tour so can't compare what I saw to the others available but I was extremely satisfied with the one the hostel arranged, my highlight of my week in Beijing in fact. If I'm ever back in Beijing will definitely be staying here again. Xie xie ni

• 31st Aug 2014

The hostel was a very good location. Very close to the metro. Big issue with hostel is it bed bugs

• 30th Aug 2014

Thanks for your comments About the bed bugs,i am not sure if it appeared in your room ?because we do not know that the room you lived have it and no body come down to say about that.we will check the room urgently and solve this problem. Thanks again and enjoy your trip!

This hostel had really comfortable beds/ curtains around the beds, good sized lockers. Only a couple of bathrooms so often busy/ bit dirty. Bar good, friday night dumplings a great time!

Good hostel, for 12 dollars i've got a 4bed room with air conditoner AND bathroom inside the room. Very clean, very good beds, they provide towels and shampoo. Staff speak english and are nice and helpful. They run tours to the great wall also. The bar inside the hostel has good atmosphere but is kind of expensive (in the same street you can buy beer for 1/5 the price).

Awesome hostel with a great atmosphere. Staff are really friendly and always available. Ideal for someone travelling solo as there are daily tours organised and a lively bar with regular activities organised. I would definitely recommend it.

A really great hostel! Very close to the subway station and the staff are really helpful. The 4 bed room I had was so quiet at night you could hear a pin drop. If you want to be meet new people there is a lively bar on the ground floor at the back. The curtains around each bed are a nice touch and there was an electrical socket right next to the bed so I could charge my phone at night. I would stay here again next time I'm in Beijing.

By far the best hostel we've stayed in all of China!! All the staff (reception and bar) speaks really good English (which is very hard to find in China), and they are extremely helpful and cool. Overall it was one of the best hostels I can remember. If going to the Great Wall, book the tour for Mutianyu; you only go to the wall (i.e. no shopping stops or added shows), you get both breakfast and great lunch, and the wall is far more deserted. Going on your own to Badaling is almost impossible!!

Amazing staff and great location just 5 minutes walking from the subway station. The room was a little small for the 4 of us though... But I clearly recommend it.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very nice Place to stay.. nice bar where u can have breakfast etc. Staff speaks english very well. Nice people there.. all in all highly recommended

The staff in reception and the bar were really friendly and helpful. It would have been nice to have a bigger lounge area to relax in and to sit on comfortable chairs/sofas as the stools in the bar were fine for a short time but uncomfortable to sit on for very long. The outside deck area on the 3rd floor was very messy but could have been a nice outdoor seating area if it was tidied up. The curtains around each bunk were a great idea to give some privacy in the mixed dorms.

We were able to leave a bagpack there for more than a week

Very helpful and friendly staff. More bathrooms/toilets/showers (or a bigger one to what you already have) would be an improvement though.

No common room no hostel spirits is hotel 2 or 3 stars in europe

Great hostel! Very helpful and nice staff and they also speak great english. Had a wonderful time.

It was a brilliant weekend in Beijing. The staff was very nice and knew our names after the first day. The rooms were very clean and big for a hostel. The best part were the additional offerings of the hostel, such as dumpling party on Friday where we learned how to make dumplings on our own and the trips to shows and the great wall which were very nice and in comparison to other tours very cheap!!! I really recommend to do one of this tours at least!

You might not imagine the feeling when we received your highly appraised at that time, kind of indescribable excitement and emotion, so thank you for your support and encouragement to us. To be honest, what we always do is just to make all guests feel at home-relaxed, happy. Hope you have a nice trip. We are waiting for you all the time.

I loved this place. The bar, daily specials and reasonable food prices really sold it. People were also very social here, a stark contrast to other Chinese hostels. The staff really sell this place though. They are excellently trained in customer service and made me and my friend feel very welcome. Give that girl Candice a raise - she remembered us by name! Very impressive considering the volume. Totally recommend this place!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7