Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Great experience, the staff was very friendly and wiling to help us with everything we needed.

• 18th Jan 2016

Most of staff were pretty good and kind except a woman staff. She was rude. When I checked-in, she sighed several times and her attitude wasn't kind.

• 18th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Location was alright, the metro station was very close. The rooms were okay and heaters worked properly, shower was good but you had to leave the bathroom soaked with water, not much happening at the bar, kind of depressing actually, we took a tour to the great wall which I believe was quite expensive to what it actually offered, lunch was ridiculous, the tour guide left us before even starting the tour to the great wall, which I believe that anyone could have arranged it by his own.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Egypt
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Black glass woman staff was very unkind and annoying Service mind zero I will not go to this hostel

Warm and cozy hostel. Private room was decent. TV only had a few Chinese channels. Water was barely warm enough. Well located, not far from the attractions and easy to hail a taxi. They had good breakfast and hookah at the bar. Other folks weren't too sociable, so not as good for solo travelers. Their great wall tour was good too. You have to pay a small fee for a city map, and they didn't show us around the hostel when we checked in.

Very close to the subway station. And the staff here are absolutely cool folks - thanks Peach, Sushi. Full of helpful tips and tricks to make sure your having a great time in Beijing. They helped guide me to non-touristy places for shopping Chinese souvenirs... Btw, they also run fair priced day-tours to different sections of Great wall! No critical feedback from my side!

Make sure the taxi driver drops you off at the right place, or else you'll have to wander aimlessly at night like I did. I stayed in the mixed dorm with the one bunk that had its own door that could lock - thankfully. My last night there was only one other person in the dorm and he was being extremely creepy so I was able to lock the door. Other than that, I liked this place. I went on their Great Wall tour and it was great!

I would have not enjoyed Beijing had i not stayed in DRagon King Hostel.

Really friendly staff, good location and excellent Great Wall tour. I forgot some souvenirs on the coach and the staff arranged to have them posted on to me - so kind! However, we found a small cockroach in our room which made us question the cleaniness. Also the breakfast food in the bar could be improved as it was lacking in taste and was rather poor value.

really nice hostel, we were upgraded from a 8 bed dorm to 4 bed for free, bathroom is a wet room and was quite dirty on arrival due to other guests but was not regularly cleaned. Organised trip to the Great Wall with them which was very reasonable and enjoyable. Food was delicious although you did have to wait for a while. There was actually a person living in our dorm room for a prolonged period which tainted our stay as all his luggage and belongings were everywhere. would recommend.

The hostel is very clean, in a very good location! The bar has good coffe for reasonable price. The only problem is that this hostel doesn't have a common room, making it quite difficult to socialize with other people. Anyway it's really good for the price.

Very nice hostel! Loved the bar, they serve good breakfast, and everything is well arranged. Good staff, the bathroom is cleaned very often and you have curtains with your bed. The room was heated, which was great in wintertime. Plug and light next to the bed. The tour to the wall was very good. Only did my slippers disappear, so that made it feel less secure, but this is probably not their fault. Would definitely recommend this hostel, very high value for money! Met many nice people here!

Fantastic hostel. Not the cheapest hostel in Beijing, but it's certainly the highest quality. It has a cozy, lived-in environment. They offer tours to large tourist attractions like the Great Wall and a tour of the city, and the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. It has a nice bar and food, and the location is just impossible to beat.

Super helpful and friendly staff. Met tons of people in bar/restaurant area. The "local beer" is a must try. Food is decent, western food. I stayed in a 6 bed ensuite. The staff cleaned it up once a day. Beds are super comfy. The bathroom was pretty good for what you'll get in China. Shower wasn't very hot. Ended up using the shower on 2nd floor because it was easier and had better pressure and hotter. No reason not to use this hostel again. 5 minute walk to line 5 subway! Very convenient.

Very nice place. A little expensive for food compare to china price, but a really nice place to stay.

• 21st Nov 2015

The staff at this hostel are super helpful and have really good English, especially the manager. I would stay at the hostel again and rate all aspects. The beds are large and comfy and the dorm was cleaned daily. The bar has good offers and is handy if you would rather stay close. Wifi was good as are the trips the hostel can book. Perfect location too!

I was pleasantly surprised by the hostel and enjoyed my stay.

• 11th Nov 2015

Had a private room (typical Chinese mattress-very hard, but very large) with bathroom ensuite. Bathroom was large. The bathroom slippers were hidden, but they provided some. Good restaurant across the street, really close to metro station. Helpful staff who spoke English well. Used luggage locker. They have a restaurant, bar, fun events, informational posters about spots to visit nearby and can help with tours.

• 11th Nov 2015

The bar was really good but missing the atmosphere. They tried to do things to improve this like a free dumpling making lesson and offers on beer but it was still pretty dead. The location was ideal for us and the staff that were good were fantastic. Unfortunately the locker in our room broke so security wasn't great. Overall, a good place to stay as it's right near a metro station but probably not ideal if you're travelling on your own.

Dear Guest , Thank you for staying our hostel ,and we checked the locker you said ,there is nothing wrong . And enjoy the trip in China .

An ok hostel! Lots of helpful information everywhere and staff willing to help. My only gripe is that there isn't a common area in particular and the bar always seemed to be very quiet.

« first « Prev 1 2 3