Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

This hostel had really comfortable beds/ curtains around the beds, good sized lockers. Only a couple of bathrooms so often busy/ bit dirty. Bar good, friday night dumplings a great time!

Good hostel, for 12 dollars i've got a 4bed room with air conditoner AND bathroom inside the room. Very clean, very good beds, they provide towels and shampoo. Staff speak english and are nice and helpful. They run tours to the great wall also. The bar inside the hostel has good atmosphere but is kind of expensive (in the same street you can buy beer for 1/5 the price).

Awesome hostel with a great atmosphere. Staff are really friendly and always available. Ideal for someone travelling solo as there are daily tours organised and a lively bar with regular activities organised. I would definitely recommend it.

A really great hostel! Very close to the subway station and the staff are really helpful. The 4 bed room I had was so quiet at night you could hear a pin drop. If you want to be meet new people there is a lively bar on the ground floor at the back. The curtains around each bed are a nice touch and there was an electrical socket right next to the bed so I could charge my phone at night. I would stay here again next time I'm in Beijing.

By far the best hostel we've stayed in all of China!! All the staff (reception and bar) speaks really good English (which is very hard to find in China), and they are extremely helpful and cool. Overall it was one of the best hostels I can remember. If going to the Great Wall, book the tour for Mutianyu; you only go to the wall (i.e. no shopping stops or added shows), you get both breakfast and great lunch, and the wall is far more deserted. Going on your own to Badaling is almost impossible!!

Amazing staff and great location just 5 minutes walking from the subway station. The room was a little small for the 4 of us though... But I clearly recommend it.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very nice Place to stay.. nice bar where u can have breakfast etc. Staff speaks english very well. Nice people there.. all in all highly recommended

The staff in reception and the bar were really friendly and helpful. It would have been nice to have a bigger lounge area to relax in and to sit on comfortable chairs/sofas as the stools in the bar were fine for a short time but uncomfortable to sit on for very long. The outside deck area on the 3rd floor was very messy but could have been a nice outdoor seating area if it was tidied up. The curtains around each bunk were a great idea to give some privacy in the mixed dorms.

We were able to leave a bagpack there for more than a week

Very helpful and friendly staff. More bathrooms/toilets/showers (or a bigger one to what you already have) would be an improvement though.

No common room no hostel spirits is hotel 2 or 3 stars in europe

Great hostel! Very helpful and nice staff and they also speak great english. Had a wonderful time.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Israel

It was a brilliant weekend in Beijing. The staff was very nice and knew our names after the first day. The rooms were very clean and big for a hostel. The best part were the additional offerings of the hostel, such as dumpling party on Friday where we learned how to make dumplings on our own and the trips to shows and the great wall which were very nice and in comparison to other tours very cheap!!! I really recommend to do one of this tours at least!

You might not imagine the feeling when we received your highly appraised at that time, kind of indescribable excitement and emotion, so thank you for your support and encouragement to us. To be honest, what we always do is just to make all guests feel at home-relaxed, happy. Hope you have a nice trip. We are waiting for you all the time.

I loved this place. The bar, daily specials and reasonable food prices really sold it. People were also very social here, a stark contrast to other Chinese hostels. The staff really sell this place though. They are excellently trained in customer service and made me and my friend feel very welcome. Give that girl Candice a raise - she remembered us by name! Very impressive considering the volume. Totally recommend this place!

Friendly staff, perfect location close to a subway station and the subway is super easy to use to explore Beijing! Tours are good value for money and the staff were really useful as I have some good allergies and they wrote some things in Chinese for me! Going to stay again at the end of our trip!

Very Nice hostel . Confortable private rooms, somr people in the staff very helpful. Candice is adorable ! No doubt i will recommend this hostel.

Staff were very helpful, good location right next to a subway station. Excellent place to stay, though is large so doesn't have such a hostel like atmosphere

It was a great pleasure to stay there!!! It locates perfectly fine for those who wants to stay in the Hutong area in Beijing! The neighborhood is so quiet during the night. The Stuff are really really nice and helpful! The bar downstairs was really fun, I met many friends there! The meals are quite delicious with an affordable price! I stayed at 4 bed mixed dorm, it was great! I would definitely come back for next time staying in Dongcheng Area!!! Thanks to the stuff, you guys are so helpful!!!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • China

Dear Friend All the staff are so appreciated that you give us a high review and find all of the excellence of our hostel, which are always found by our friends, so welcome to be the friends , haha. We are waiting for you .

Amazing location in on of the best parts of Peking!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

Perfectly located, nice staff- speaking english, good price, offer of tour, very good security- i enjoyed the stay!

• 22nd Jul 2014