Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

The usual busyness and noise of a hostel but a fun place to stay. So close to the metro. The quiet alleyway/Hutong made it more interesting and fun. I've brought small groups here and the staff always is exuberant in their helpfulness and willing to make your stay great.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

I stayed in an ensuiite room, which I thought was excellent value for money. The place is a bit run down, but very clean. The staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful. The reception is also open 24 hours. I would happily stay there again.

• 25th Mar 2015

Very nice hostel! Staff are so friendly and helpful. There is a bar in the hostel, the food is delicious, also can meet a lot friends from all of the world, very amazing.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • China

Dear friends thanks for your good review, we all wecome you anytime.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great location. The metro is a 2 minute walk and the restaurants in the area are authentic and delicious. We did the great wall of china tour to Mutianyu for about $45 per person with breakfast and lunch included. We were given 3 hours to explore on our own. Make sure you pack comfortable shoes!

It's my first time to the Great Wall, very beautiful! Thanks for the recommendation! The reception is 24 hours available, I was a little bit annoying;D but clerk is very kind, thanks for your patient! Thank you, Carrie!XOXOXO Next time I would still stay in your hostel in Beijing! XD

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Staff made an exceptional effort to cater for guests needs. Great little bar for end of day reports. Rooms nice, clean and spacious. For the budget traveller I have no problem recommending with the highest regard.

• 15th Mar 2015

Staff excellent, very helpful and attencious. Lovely trip!

Thanks for your review, we will try our best to do ot better, and hope seeing you in the hostel nest time.

Very nice! This time, they made every bed with a nice curtain! This is so good, we can also have our own little space whenever~

Even though it was a dorm, it felt more like a hotel. The bathrooms are very open and you could hear...everything. The hostel was quite old but fairly clean. Do NOT eat the food in the hostel bar, it was really bad. A bit hard to find but has a fairly good location. Overall it was a decent stay but I'm sure there are better hostels in Beijing.

The hostel it self was good for the money. Clean, quiet, and located close to the subway. I was in a mixed dorm with the bathroom within the room and each bed has a curtain for privacy which is nice. The staff are just okay and not that friendly. I made a request about 2 weeks before arriving to book a tour for me and they forgot.The provided direction to the hostel from the subway is unclear. Exit C, make a left and follow the path passing a wedding dress store. Turn left at the first alley.

Found good, friendly service and reasonably priced Western food at the cafe/bar. Isn't the most centrally located, but is very close to a metro station. Would definitely stay again.

Great place with helpful staff, a decent bar (good for socialising) and good location (1 min to metro and close to sights)

Excellent hostel, 2-3 min from a metro station, kept clean, staff very attentive and always willing to help. I'll repeat

Its really easy to find and close to the subway (line 5). It's not in the heart of the tourist areas, not a bad thing. It's an average hostel but that's what to expect in china. The beds are really hard too but again, it's what to expect. The water in the shower is hot which was awesome. The bathroom was an ensuite but was more like a wet room with the shower, toilet and basin all together with no curtains/doors. Very wet! And no real common room, only couches near reception but tiny and loud

Stayed here for a week from 10th Feb having been here before. Super location. If you like beer Slow Boat taproom is just around the corner, there is a great little bar called Beer House 50 yards along the street, Panda Brew is a 10 minute walk and it is a longer walk/short metro ride to Great Leap, NBeer, Stufff'd and the other good places. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Decent locker with key provided, clean bedding and a towel. The bar is good and reasonably priced.

great place to stay! package tour to great wall was worth.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Great place to stay, close to the subway station. Helpfull staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Staff is very helpful in planning trips for the day. Acrobatic show is not worth the cost. Great location to get to different places, but a little dark at night. Attend their dumpling parties if you can!

Really the only downside for me was the lack of (reasonably priced) laundry facilities. Otherwise my stay was fantastic. The staff here are wonderful.

I stayed in a private single room for 3 nights at this hostel. The room was awesome for what you pay and staff amazing. The atmosphere was also conducive to meeting other people. It is located close to the subway and is in a good area safety wise. I also did their gerat wall tour which was good. Overall, I have no hesitation in recommending to anyone- great bang for your buck.

• 29th Jan 2015