Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

It was a brilliant weekend in Beijing. The staff was very nice and knew our names after the first day. The rooms were very clean and big for a hostel. The best part were the additional offerings of the hostel, such as dumpling party on Friday where we learned how to make dumplings on our own and the trips to shows and the great wall which were very nice and in comparison to other tours very cheap!!! I really recommend to do one of this tours at least!

You might not imagine the feeling when we received your highly appraised at that time, kind of indescribable excitement and emotion, so thank you for your support and encouragement to us. To be honest, what we always do is just to make all guests feel at home-relaxed, happy. Hope you have a nice trip. We are waiting for you all the time.

I loved this place. The bar, daily specials and reasonable food prices really sold it. People were also very social here, a stark contrast to other Chinese hostels. The staff really sell this place though. They are excellently trained in customer service and made me and my friend feel very welcome. Give that girl Candice a raise - she remembered us by name! Very impressive considering the volume. Totally recommend this place!

Friendly staff, perfect location close to a subway station and the subway is super easy to use to explore Beijing! Tours are good value for money and the staff were really useful as I have some good allergies and they wrote some things in Chinese for me! Going to stay again at the end of our trip!

Very Nice hostel . Confortable private rooms, somr people in the staff very helpful. Candice is adorable ! No doubt i will recommend this hostel.

Staff were very helpful, good location right next to a subway station. Excellent place to stay, though is large so doesn't have such a hostel like atmosphere

It was a great pleasure to stay there!!! It locates perfectly fine for those who wants to stay in the Hutong area in Beijing! The neighborhood is so quiet during the night. The Stuff are really really nice and helpful! The bar downstairs was really fun, I met many friends there! The meals are quite delicious with an affordable price! I stayed at 4 bed mixed dorm, it was great! I would definitely come back for next time staying in Dongcheng Area!!! Thanks to the stuff, you guys are so helpful!!!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • China

Dear Friend All the staff are so appreciated that you give us a high review and find all of the excellence of our hostel, which are always found by our friends, so welcome to be the friends , haha. We are waiting for you .

Amazing location in on of the best parts of Peking!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

Perfectly located, nice staff- speaking english, good price, offer of tour, very good security- i enjoyed the stay!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

The rooms were nice and clean. Big lockers. You need your own padlocks. They only had 2 toilets and 2 showers per floor and they could have been definitely cleaner. The location is great because is next to a metro station but then it could be in a nicer neighborhood or downtown. They don't have a kitchen so you're technically forced to pay each morning for breakfast at their bar/cafè which adds up on your budget. Go to the place across the hostel for dinner and try the roasted chicken wings!

The Dragon King is in a great location right down the street from the metro which could take you anywhere you wanted to go in the city. It was also down a quiet alley of a busy food & shopping street which was great for getting a breakfast on the run in the mornings! The bathrooms were ok and decent-sized and the beds were average for a hostel. Overall I'd recommend it.

• jgarbs

Best hostel in Beijing,90 seconds walking from subway,staff could help you actively,the room was bright with window and comfortable.99% Guests were backpackers,super easy to make friends with others and go traveling together.happy to choose a right one.

• Hong Kong

I had great time there,thanks for all of staff there.close to metro,clean room,friendly staff,cool bar was a great to think about where you are going and what did you do today.

• Taiwan

Easy access to the metro, helpful English speaking staff, plenty of food restaurants nearby. Nice atmosphere in the on site bar/restaurant.

This is one of the best hostels we've stayed in in China. It's extremely close to the subway station,and the rooms are spacious and clean. We ended up staying an extra 4 nights because it has a great atmosphere and a really personalised service. The staff are amazingly attentive, we didn't meet anyone that was unfriendly! Candice, however, is the best hostel staff I've come across. She's friendly, personable and will go out of her way to make sure you have a good stay. She's really an asset!

Recommended from my friends who stayed here before .Really amazing!!Excellent staff ,they always keep smiling and try their best to help you ...we had good time together by dancing in the bar !!I wanted to stay longer !keep that !

• 14th Jul 2014

The hotel isvery well located andstaffis very helpful. I definitely recommend it.

• 13th Jul 2014

Dragon King Hostel was great, but there were too many people sharing the washroom areas. One of the toilets was almost always clogged meaning there was one toilet let to be shared between everyone staying in the dorms on the first and second floors.

Dragon King Hostel s staff spoke excellent English (unlike many other experiences I´ve had in China). I had a double room with my girlfriend, nothing fancy, and a bit pricey, but that seems to be market price in Beijing. The hostel offers pricey tours to the wall and other places, including a breakfast without coffee or juice - they could have added that in the price of 350 yuan for travelling there and back.. location is great, I got good help with booking tickets for the rest of my stay.

Lovely helpful staff who really make you feel welcome. Good advice about what to visit. A nice mix of peopke from around the world. Will definently be staying next time I'm in Beijing.

Lovely staff always trying to help....the restaurant is very good!! Good place to stay.