Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

The bar was really good but missing the atmosphere. They tried to do things to improve this like a free dumpling making lesson and offers on beer but it was still pretty dead. The location was ideal for us and the staff that were good were fantastic. Unfortunately the locker in our room broke so security wasn't great. Overall, a good place to stay as it's right near a metro station but probably not ideal if you're travelling on your own.

Dear Guest , Thank you for staying our hostel ,and we checked the locker you said ,there is nothing wrong . And enjoy the trip in China .

An ok hostel! Lots of helpful information everywhere and staff willing to help. My only gripe is that there isn't a common area in particular and the bar always seemed to be very quiet.

Only downside of this hostel is the difficulty you'll have interacting with any other guests. There isn't a common other than the bar so unless you're buying something you'll not really meet any other travellers. Great accommodation.

• 22nd Oct 2015

The staff was super friendly and helpful in giving suggestions and directions. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, although the wifi in the room wasn't the greatest. Wifi worked best in the bar. Located very close to the subway or decent walking distance to many attractions. Glad that they can arrange airport pick up. The travelers I met here were all very fun, respectful people.

A super place to stay.... Great location... literally 100 meters from the Metro line 5 ... about 10 minutes walk to 4-6 books of restaurants called  簋街 (gui3jie1) area opened until 4-5 am (maybe they don't close ... The Staff speak english and are super helpful ....

• 22nd Oct 2015

Great Hostel for getting around beijing and get to know great people all over the world!!!

The hostel was very easy to find with the directions given in the description. Staff was friendly and spoke english well and they helped us out with finding directions to the great wall (although you can also book a tour with them). I liked the pictures on the wall describing the different highlights of beijing and how to get there. Dorm and shower were clean, and a free clean towel was provides at arrival!

• 19th Oct 2015

They upgraded us to a private room with a door off a dorm room, so that was a bonus! Clean facility, in excellent location, super close to subway stop. The staff are friendly, spoke good English, helped us book a train. Just note that the bar specials posted on your door every day might be too good to be true... never did get to learn how to make dumplings on Friday :(

Internet wasreally bad, dorm was a bit sMall, some staff members rude snd sour(some really helpful!). Services are good, bar is ok and location is good. When we complained about internet the answer was thatthe problem is our computers not their network...

A decent place. The Zhangzizhonglu metro stop is just a few minutes of walking away. It's located inside a hutong and is very close to a lot of local food options if you are adventurous enough. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The cons is that it doesn't have a good central hangout spot. There is a bar/cafe but when I was around it was pretty deserted and the environment and decor wasn't very engaging.

Location was tucked away, but a hidden gem.

Great! I enjoyed my stay here, good location,very close to the metro station, clean room/bed, nice/polite/good english speaker and helpful staff. few stops away from the Airport express train. no chance for trying them food. Curtains around the bed providing privacy & universal adapters for chargers was the best idea (well done to the management of Dragon King). WiFi is slow! Probably common thing in china cos anywhere else I stayed was the same! this hostel highly recommended to every one.

Very helpful staff, comfortable beds with curtains that provide little privacy in shared dorms. Very good location, quite big lockers for luggage. Disadvantages: very slow internet and lack of any kind of kitchen (although I've heard that in some rooms there are kettles).

I loved the Dragon King Hostel!! The location is right by the hostel and the staff is fantastic. The staff was very helpful with all of our tour stuff. Lee's Cafe in the hostel was so great. The food was delicious!! I definitely recommend this hostel to everyone. Thanks for such a great stay!

I enjoyed starting in this hostel. Everything was perfect. I was attended to by Peter and Amelia and they were very friendly and helpful. I'll definitely return again if I come back to Beijing. 谢谢!

The atmosphere of the hostel was awesome and as a solo traveler it was easy to meet people especially in the hostel bar. The drinks at the bar were at a reasonable price but the meals were a bit more pricey than outside but thats not a big deal. The rooms were nice and clean and I liked how they had universal adapters for mobile chargers. The location itself was pretty good, only a 2 minute walk to the nearest subway station and it was only a 10 minute taxi ride to the main night life districts.

Kind of dirty and crowded room. Excellent, helpful staff. Okay place to stay for a night or two.

I'm glad I read reviews before coming here. The bathrooms (3 sinks, 2 toilets, 2 showers) are separate from all rooms, but they provide slippers to walk there and back to your room. That being said, I never had to wait to use the toilet or shower. The location is in a residential neighborhood with lots of families and kids walking around at night, so it is very safe. It is a 5-10 minute walk from the closest train station, so not that close, but not far either. The staff is very helpful!

Thanks for your review, but you know from the hostel to the subway station in around 100 meters away,

Location was good close to metro station. Room however was quite grimy and old fashioned. In need of an update. Food was not good in bar/restaurant.

The staff at this hostel are very kind and helpful. The beds are huge with bedside lamps, power points and a curtain. The showers are hot with good pressure. It is right near the subway station so you can easily access all main tourist attractions. Wifi is a little slow but It's incredibly great value for money, would recommend!