Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Great staff! We were helped a lot, especially by the managing girl. There was one shy guy that didn't speak that well English and that couldn't help us at all, but other than that the staff was very nice. Also the bar is great, with cheap beer and a nice atmosphere. Would definitely return here!

The hostel is very near to the subway station and only 2 stops away from the Forbidden Palace. It's also possible to walk to the Forbidden Palace or other nice areas. The staff is friendly and helpful and there's always enough toilet paper (what is not common for Chinese hostels!). You can book tours to all the touristic places (Great Wall, etc), but the staff will also help you, if you try to do it on your own.

Sandy, my stay at the hostel was not a pleasant one. Wifi did not work in the room, I didn't have hot water for my last day and the air conditioner was broken when it was 91 degrees Fahrenhait outside. (We were told that it was fixed but when I woke up drenched in sweat it was clear the air conditioner was just pushing air out, rather than cold air) Overall, I usually say never say never, but my experience at the hostel and the city of Beijing was atrocious. Only upside was the Great Wall.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review! It's very important to us! Sorry for unsatisfied situation, Normaly we serve hot water 24/7. It stoped 2 hours that day just because Beijing dongcheng district tap water pipeline project. For the air condition, all of our air conditioning is the same configuration, We fixed the air condition after your complain,we even offered a different room for you, for some reason you refused. , wish you well everyday in the future

Very good place to stay at, nice and serious staff and cheap price, good activities proposed : try the great wall tour : awesome !

• 6th Jul 2015

Dragon king hostel is a very nice hostel, the location is very convenient. And they have a very nice bar!

The hostel was near a subway station, making travel around the city easy. It's also about a 30 minute walk from the Forbidden City and other sites. The staff was polite, helpful, and spoke English well enough to communicate. Walking distance from the hostel is China Unicom for buying a SIM card as well as a 7-11. The hostel contains a bar with delicious pizza if you care to eat a meal in, or for late night eating. The hostel also had plenty of water for sale at the cheapest price in the city.

This place was really cheap & I'd rather have spent the $ on a nicer place. They do have very good organized tours. Each event gave me a chance to make friends. Aside, it's a little tough to meet people if you're alone. There's no common room or kitchen, just a bar that is very expensive. There is 1 run down bathroom in your room to share with 6 people in the dorms. Only on floor 2 was there an additional bathroom. They do have cleaners that came in daily. Laundry & services were pricey.

The dragon king hostel is a great place to stay for a few days. Located close to shops restaurants and the subway. I had no complaints aside from there being no kitchen facilities (the staff will provide hot water for instant noodles or tea or coffee) and only a small common room. Would have no hesitation staying there again for a short while.

Good locations, next to MTR Line 5 station. The facilities are good with bars and restaurants. However, the wifi is very poor and hard to connect for some rooms.

Quiet hutong area, zhangzizhong subway station nearby, staff very friendly and helpful!

I stayed in the hostel for two days, and the staff were extremely helpful. This is one of the few Chinese hostels where almost all the employees speak good English. They were friendly and helpful, and gave me directions on where to buy a cell phone or eat a Chinese breakfast. The bar was great too, there was a good atmosphere and the beer was cheap. In the morning they had western style bfast. One thing I disliked was that probably several dozen people had access to only two showers & toilets.

Great place to stay, had a lot of fun here! Cheap beer is a definite plus. The only minuses were the lack of kitchen or common room, so it's pretty much impossible to self-cater. Other than that, good party place!

The most sociable hostel I've stayed in so far - a must go!

• 13th Jun 2015

Food was a bit expensive in the bar however good all round and nice to meet people. Had a great time here, clean and we'll kept. Staff are great help too!

Comfortable hostel conveniently located within walking distance to the subway line and food options. Staff was friendly and worked hard to maintain the hostel and ensure a positive experience for their guests. My only gripes were that there wasnt any place to congregate and socialize besides the bar tucked away in the back. Also, they came in to clean the room at 10 am when checkout is at noon. Good choice for anyone staying in Beijing.

Hard beds, good hostel

Rooms were really dark. Direction to hostel slightly wrong

As all places in china, no kitchen what so ever, but a clean and nice spotted place with great English speaker staff. Good western food and decent internet.

I only stayed here one night, but it was good. The only thing that I didn't like was that the floor, where the toilets and showers are for people who stay in dorms, where wet every time I was there. I could not find anything that I could use to get rid of the water. Otherwise it was good and I would come back.

I loved the location of the hostel since I wanted to go site seeing mostly. It is very centrally located. I did not like however that they had only two toilets and two showers for the entire hostel ( 3 floors).

• 29th May 2015