Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

I'm really satisfied with this hostel. Not only because its very clean but also the staff is very helpful. I got the high quality room with a affordable price. Moreover, the location which located near Mass Rapid Transportation Station and several interesting places makes me easier to discover Beijing.

The day/evening staff were fantastic!!! Really helpful! But the overnight staff spoke little to no English, which was difficult at times. He was very nice though.

My friend and I had an excellent stay. The staff was the sweetiet people and they made you feel welcome. We really enjoyed our stay! There is no doubt we would come again.

Good to excellent location for seeing the must-see sights in downtown Beijing. The hostel offers a lot of tours but double-confirm your reservation the night before because they forgot to book one of mine despite confirming the week before. Rooms near the bar are surprisingly quiet and the staff does a good job at being responsive to your requests and answering your questions. Good choice for travelers of all ages.

Very good hostel, but common spaces are not really cosy

• 26th Apr 2015

The Internet was a little shaky and the staff weren't as friendly as usual, but I still really enjoyed my time here. It is a really good location and a very nice hostel.

I really love staying at Dragon King whenever I go to Beijing. It's a great location and a great hostel.

Location is pretty convenient. We stayed in two different rooms during our stay. Facilities are somewhat worn and bathrooms had a slightly moldy/musty smell. Staff were overall nice and helpful, offered to call taxi for us, stored luggage.

Good hostel in a good location. Its got just about everything you need but the double seemed a little overpriced. Downstairs bar is great with a good vibe and reasonably priced drinks. Staff are really helpful and happy to help book train tickets etc. Overall, would stay again but only if there was a discount on the rooms.

Staff are friendly and really helpful (let us check in at 7am). Hostel has lots of extras available like laundry and printing etc. all well priced and efficient. Rooms are small but ensuite and have curtains around each of the beds so you can get some privacy from roommates. Bar area really cool with good, reasonably priced food (most of it western).Did day trip to Great Wall: guide doesn't really do much guiding but transport, entrance tickets breakfast and lunch included so definitely worth it

• 20th Apr 2015

Very clean and safe, rooms were comfortable. Great place to meet people, the downstairs bar is very nice. Took the tour to the Great Wall and had a great time. Is right by a metro station and is fairly close to the major sights. Staff were helpful and spoke English well! Only complaint is that the wifi doesn't work well.

One of the staff members was a bit odd. He woke us up at 4am to ask for my passport. Earlier when we arrived he flipped on all of the lights while everyone was sleeping, and we were in a mixed dorm. Not sure how nice that was for everyone else.The ladies working in the kitchen/bar were extremely helpful. The tour to the Mutianyu section was convenient in terms of transport, however not the most informative. They also try to force you to do a return cable car even if you prefer the toboggan.

Among the 16 hostel I've stayed for my trip, this one is the best. The staff was beyond awesome. Since it's near to zhangzizhonglu subway, you can travel anywhere from there.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

The hostel is very well located. Close to the city center and to the bus station for going to the airport and to the Great Wall. The staff is super friendly (special thanks to Carrie) and help you a lot to sort out any problem you might have

Dragon King was such an awesome hostel to stay at. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming, and were very helpful with tour information and giving directions etc. The hostel itself was clean and comfortable, and had a warm, fun atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again! Thanks!

• 9th Apr 2015

I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to visit Beijing.

• All Male Group, 18-24

It was a fantastic Chinese Traditional courtyard placed in the Hutong. Lovely people, amazing stuff... Will come back once I'm back in downtown.

• China

Near the metro, very convenient. The location is not so hard to find. They have a very cute bar inside, the atmosphere is very comfortable.

• Switzerland

The staff here were super friendly. The bar was also a lot of fun with a great atmosphere. The staff seemed to put a lot of effort into making our experience enjoyable.

really nice hostel. i stayed in the company's other 2 hostels. they were all the best in beijing. i'd definitely stay here again, it might cost a few quid more than other hostels, but it's well worth paying the extra. staff are amazing, room was clean, hot shower, fast wifi etc