Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Comfortable hostel conveniently located within walking distance to the subway line and food options. Staff was friendly and worked hard to maintain the hostel and ensure a positive experience for their guests. My only gripes were that there wasnt any place to congregate and socialize besides the bar tucked away in the back. Also, they came in to clean the room at 10 am when checkout is at noon. Good choice for anyone staying in Beijing.

Hard beds, good hostel

Rooms were really dark. Direction to hostel slightly wrong

I only stayed here one night, but it was good. The only thing that I didn't like was that the floor, where the toilets and showers are for people who stay in dorms, where wet every time I was there. I could not find anything that I could use to get rid of the water. Otherwise it was good and I would come back.

I loved the location of the hostel since I wanted to go site seeing mostly. It is very centrally located. I did not like however that they had only two toilets and two showers for the entire hostel ( 3 floors).

• 29th May 2015

worth for the money and good service

• 27th May 2015
  • Malaysia

A very good hostel with very tidy bedrooms. I like the cafe in the courtyard. The reception is very helpful.

We are so impressed by the front office staff. Very helpful with well English.

Great, social hostel. We did two of the hostel excursions (Great Wall of China Mutiyana trip and the Acrobatic show) both of which were excellent and really good value. Hostel was extremely clean, with toilets and bathrooms being cleaned round the clock. Lockers were provided which was great, however the main lock on our room door didnt work so it was just always open. Bar was great, good happy hour deals. Wifi wasn't great, poor signal strength. Overall, was a good stay - recommend it

I liked the individual light and socket for each bed in the dorm and the ensuite bathroom was big though it was difficult to keep dry. They supply slippers though which is great. The wifi is also divided into different sections of the hostel so in theory it should be good. However while I was there, it was down for almost two days in the rooms so you had to go to the common areas for wifi. Lockers come with keys which is useful. The staff is also friendly and protects the luggage room well.

Amazing staff. Amellia, Mary, and (sorry, I didn't get your English name!) in the bar were super awesome and fun to hang out with. Great location, walking distance to a lot and right on a metro line for going further. Got a bit loud a couple nights. Very social hostel, easy to meet people and make friends. Rooms were comfortable and the privacy curtains on the bed were nice. Clean sheets and towel daily was great. Would definitely stay again, no hesitation.

Really helpful staff! Location is sort of central, but it is in a very handy position, close to a main subway line. Make sure you go to the restaurant accross the road, it is sooo good! Chicken wings kebabs etc, very casual but awesome. Don't have breakfast at the hostel, very crap food. The hostel staff were super helpful, offered tours, and had very helpful posters for the main attractions. Over all, I highly recommend this hostel. We were very happy with our stay.

Very good hostel. very nice and friendly staff. good small restaurant/bar which is good for meeting people, especially during happy hour. good location, right near subway. would definitely stay again

The staff were pretty helpfull and the tours and information they offered on the city were great! However there are only two showers and two toilets located in the same room for all three floors of this hostel. It only had one sink aswell. The showers hardly functioned properly and they were full of mold and the drains were clogged with hair. While showering it smelled like sewage because you can't flush down any toilet paper... Very disgusting.

Thanks for your review, and sorry for the inconvience, you know we have only two rooms whitout the bathroom, that is why we have only two rooms for the shower, the housekeeper will clean it during the day,but after 10:00pm the hostelkeeper will be finish work, and for the toilet in china it is all like that. hope you have a nice trip.

Fantastic hostel, met some great people. definitely 1000% recommend their great wall tours, an absolute bargain and the food is great! Explore the local area too, the narrow streets are fascinating. The beds and rooms are great, but bear in mind the dorm doesn't have ensuite facilities so your only options are showers and toilets on the second floor in the hall quite out in the open. Apart from that, great hostel..

I hope all the guests can have breakfast for free. That is, the cost for breakfast should be included. Also the shower facilities seem to need more improvements.

Loved this place. Location could be better IMO. But Beijing is huge and they are right near the excellent metro and taxis are cheap so don't let that stop you. This is a great hostel.

convinient place close to the subway. For me it lacks in atmosphere, no common room only a bar to hang around. Rooms are big and the bathroom too

I'm really satisfied with this hostel. Not only because its very clean but also the staff is very helpful. I got the high quality room with a affordable price. Moreover, the location which located near Mass Rapid Transportation Station and several interesting places makes me easier to discover Beijing.

The day/evening staff were fantastic!!! Really helpful! But the overnight staff spoke little to no English, which was difficult at times. He was very nice though.