Dragon King Hostel Reviews

No.78, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

the hostal is very good in general, only the food in the restaurant is not that good and expensive, you can get better outside. there is not a lounge room where you can spend time if don't wanna be in your room, but general is okay, we did like! specially the staff is kind, nice and helpful! we recommend this place !!

Good hostel. We thought you got better value for money out of the private rooms or 4 bed (we tried most rooms as kept extending our stay). Staff very helpful when it came to booking trains. Great location for exploring the hutongs on bikes and close to metro. Would recommend!

Good location and staff, but there isn't hostel atmosphere. Hostel is like small cozy hotel with dorm rooms. The locker door was broken :(

Good value-for-money hostel which seems to be a little more crowded as its near-by sister hostel Dragon Courtyard.

Lovely big hostel and nice big beds in the dorms. Bar was great and the drinks were reasonably priced and good drinks deals that differed daily, mainly western food on offer though. Great atmosphere to meet fellow travelers and there were useful information boards for each attraction detailing how to get there, costs etc.

A little out of the way, but right next to a Metro Station, so easy access to the city centre and tourist attractions. Friendly staff and a good atmosphere, and the rooms and bathrooms kept very clean. Good lockers, and swipe card access to rooms. Luggage room for storage, and the staff even let me take a shower the evening after I'd checked out in the morning. Only stayed one night, but will definitely return here for longer next time.

The friendliest staff I have ever encounter in all my travels. They were helpful and willing to answer any question I had. The beds were a bit hard, but everything was very clean. A towel is included. The location is very convenient, although it can be a little difficult to find at night since there is not much light in the street. If you have time to go to the Great Wall on your own, do it. I signed up for the tour because it was my last day in Beijing, but I wasn't to happy with it.

Your staff was super helpful and awesome!! Would recommend this hostel to my friends!

• 29th Oct 2014

Nice hostel, very well located next to a subway station. The staff is friendly and help to book tickets for trains or buses in the country. We did the Great Wall tour number 1 and it was amazing! The 6 dorms are comfortable and the individual curtains around the beds are very practical. In the description a dumplings party is mentioned but I don't think they do it anymore. The only weak point is that there is no kitchen to cook your own food so you have to go to the restaurant or eat at the bar

• 29th Oct 2014

Awesome place! Seriously the staff are brilliant and will help you with every question you have. In fact for me it was the staff that made the place so great. Add the location in the hutong, very clean rooms, a bar and small lounge area to meet other travellers, and it's perfect. Candice was the best!!!

This hostel was in the hutong streets, very nice and confortable. We had a great stay, we even were told how to go to the Great Wall without the guided tour (Badaling tour 180 rmb, by ourselves 44 rmb - 20 rmb discount because we are students: bring your student ID card with you if you are student!! -). We will definetely recommend recommend this hostel.

Dragon King Hostel is nothing special, at best. The whole place was very dark. The rooms are small and cramped, and the showers don't have curtains, so the whole bathroom gets wet. The rooms were neither dirty nor especially clean. Worst, the atmosphere was not that of a friendly hostel, but a dark, dreary budget hotel. It was cheap, though, and easily accessible by subway. Overall, Dragon King is 'nice by Chinese standards,' meaning not very nice.

Dear Friend Thanks for your reviews and suggetions ,we have already fixed the barthroom and put curtains inside . On 26th and 27th Oct , most of our staff and guests went to our sisiter hostel to celebrate our company's 6th anniversary ,So the atmosphere seems not that good here . looking forward to seeing you again ,you will have fun here .Hope you have a good journey in China .

Incredibly friendly and welcoming staff with a huge wealth of knowledge about the area. 250m from subway, perfect location. Thank you for a great stay x

This was my first stop in China and I stayed 6 nights here. The best part about this hostel is the staff and the atmosphere. The staff speaks very good English and is always willing to assist you. A very international hostel, I met travelers from all over the world. The rooms are spacious, have bath towels, lockers, 5 minute walk to metro and every day there is some event or special at the bar. The only con may be there are only 2 showers, but I never had to wait.

The hostel is just around the corner of a subway station and in the famous Beijing Hutongs. It's kinda dark in there if you arrive at night but the place is lit up with life! The staff was amaing and I had a nice time interacting with them. The bar/restro is cool and the rooms are really clean and with best facilities!

The staffs are helpful and friendly.:-)

The staff are really nice and they can speak English. The location is 1 stop away from the Lama temple and 2 stops away from the Temple of Heaven. The staff were also helpful when we asked for the "must-see" spots. The internet was slow but acceptable. You have to go to the common rooms though, because it isn't available at the rooms. Oh, there was no free beer (upon check-in) and I don't recall having a Friday dumpling party as advertised in the Property information.

This hostel is awesome because of the great staff they have. Rooms are nice although small. Has a nice bar but the front lounge is a little lacking in comfort. WiFi worked well almost everywhere.

Good place..Good location and helpful staff.

Great value for the money, centralized location, full bar with food, helpful staff (Simmon

• 13th Oct 2014