Dragon Town Sichuan-Style Hostel Reviews

26 Kuan Xiang Zi Street, Chengdu, Chengdu, China

Very nice hostel. Nice rooms, nice facilities, nice staff. Only problem was that we wanted to go to mountain Qingcheng. When I asked how to get there they told us to book the bus. However, in doing so, they told me it was the same as mount Emei (I even wrote both names down for them to make sure). So I bought tickets to Emei. Then I found out that there were different buses to Qingcheng and Emei: they weren't the same. So I had to buy new tickets, so money spend on Emei was wasted..

We booked 6 beds but were not arranged in 1 room.

Hi there, Thank you for your review. Due to room availability, a large group may or may not be arranged in the same room. However, we do our best to satisfy our guests' additional instructions. If you have any extra requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us. Dragontown hostel sincerely appreciate your comment. When you come and stay with us again, we surely will give you a nice room with a good price.....

I arrived late at night on April 25, 2015 to find large trucks blocking the entryway and construction equipment designed to dig and haul away large rocks and debris. The entire entryway of the hostel was a demolition site; I managed to climb over dirt piles, rubble, and broken glass to get inside the front entrance. Construction noise continued until at least 2am during my first night (no apology given) Night staff couldn't speak English. Dorm was filthy & hostelworld pics totally inaccurate.

• 25th Apr 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that our construction work caused you an unpleasant experience. Dragontown hostel has been fully redesigned and remodeled now, we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future, and certainly, we guarantee you a most enjoyable stay next time.

very nice hostel! great atmosphere! if there was a window in the dorm room it would have been perfect!

• 9th Apr 2015