Dragonfly Hostels Cusco Reviews

Calle Siete Cuartones #245, Cusco, Peru, Cusco, Peru

Great place! Great Location, just 3 blocks from Plaza de Armas. The private room we had was really spacious & clean - above avg value. Good hot water & shower pressure. Fast Wifi. The common space is a cool outdoor patio area - it is low season so not a lot going on, but good beers & bar area. The staff is fantastic! Jorge the bartender is great & Luis is really nice!! Someone even offered my sister a bed to sleep in when she was sick, after we checked out. I would definitely stay here again

Good location

Casual. Down to earth. Kind staff. My age does not fall in the main demographic of Dragonfly (I am older) AND I felt as welcomed as any young hip person there! I loved it. Everyone - Staff and fellow guests were great! The location is fabulous. Lots of markets, restaurants, bars, parks and more in easy strolling distance. Staff was very knowledgeable and gave very good advice, and help.

Very helpful, attentive, and kind staff. Water in showers was on/off hot but I didn't mind too much. Plenty of activities for guests, and seperated shower rooms for men and women. Lockers in rooms and I really appreciated the extra wool blanket on the bed.

Short stay before my inca Trek but would definitely recommend. The place is lively but the bar not a loud party type so great for socialising but can still sleep!

Nice place with helpful staff in perfect location

I had a great stay at the hostel. The private room was nice and there was plenty of space. The bar was awesome and there was many option of great beers, even one that they make themselves at the hostel. I recommend you try it, its great! The only problem, in my opinion was the bathroom facilities. There was only one girls bathroom with two showers and ONE working toilet for the whole hostel (the second one was broken). The showers had hair blocking the drains and that was kind of disgusting.

well located hostel, with friendly & helpful staff. My only gripe is the all the smoking in the common area, it's where you're eating your breakfast and only just outside the rooms.

The staff was so helpful in planning not just our activities in cusco, but even dinner reservations in Lima. The hostel was right in the center of town, close to all restaurants and bars, and was cleaner and more comfortable than any other hostel we stayed at on our trip. We loved it!

This was a great find, we really enjoyed the staff and the great location. The bar was a nice addition and we were very happy to be able to have a Christmas dinner with fellow travellers. Thank you!

• 24th Dec 2014

Was a good stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. One shower upstairs for men, but sink is downstairs to brush your teeth, etc. Water was generally cold no matter when you showered.

Good hostel, basic but would stay here again.

We absolutely loved the stay at Dragonfly and stayed for our entire time in Cusco. We were so sad to leave! Guillermo, Tony and the rest of the staff we so kind and helpful. We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom and in a dorm with an ensuite. We weren't there in high season so it wasn't too busy but i hear it can get pretty lively! I would definitely recommend a stay at this charming hostel and Cusco is the place to be! We shall be staying at Dragonfly Lima to see if it measures up!

• 21st Nov 2014

This hostel was great. The front door was locked at all times, but there was someone there 24/7 to let you in. Breakfast was nothing special, but standard bread/jam/tea/coffee. We had an ensuite bathroom - I couldn't get hot water half the time, but the pressure was good, and they provided towels. They also let us store our extra stuff for four days while we did the inca trail, in a locked room.

Stayed in the 6 bed female dorm - beds are amazing! Wifi bit dodgy sometimes, didn't work in room. Basic breakfast w good bread. Common area in the open, so can be a bit cold. Held luggage for 4 days while on trek and staff are helpful.

Staff that run the place are awesome, friendly, and nice. The cleaners not so much. Shower in women's restroom looked like it was never cleaned. Hair everywhere and the trash in the toilets wasn't cleaned often enough. Made for some gaging when using the toilet. Common areas are all outdoors so it makes for cold nights trying to hang out and quiet time starts at 11. Not the best bang for your buck unless you get the 8 dorm for 3 nights and pay for 2.

Average backpackers hostel. Bar in the hostel is nice. No lock on the inside of the door and freezing cold.

Great staff, particulary the barman (Guillermo I think) who helped me out a lot, and two common areas to hang out in - very social. Good security - have to buzz to get in. Good showers. Very close to centre. Points lost on cleanliness as my bed hadn't been changed from the previous person, but I would stay here again.

Very accomodating and friendly people. Would and have recommended!

Impeccable hostel in Cuzco in a colonial house what makes it a little cold in the night as well...