Dragonfly Hostels Cusco Reviews

Calle Siete Cuartones #245, Cusco, Peru, Cusco, Peru

I had a great stay at the hostel. The private room was nice and there was plenty of space. The bar was awesome and there was many option of great beers, even one that they make themselves at the hostel. I recommend you try it, its great! The only problem, in my opinion was the bathroom facilities. There was only one girls bathroom with two showers and ONE working toilet for the whole hostel (the second one was broken). The showers had hair blocking the drains and that was kind of disgusting.

well located hostel, with friendly & helpful staff. My only gripe is the all the smoking in the common area, it's where you're eating your breakfast and only just outside the rooms.

The staff was so helpful in planning not just our activities in cusco, but even dinner reservations in Lima. The hostel was right in the center of town, close to all restaurants and bars, and was cleaner and more comfortable than any other hostel we stayed at on our trip. We loved it!

This was a great find, we really enjoyed the staff and the great location. The bar was a nice addition and we were very happy to be able to have a Christmas dinner with fellow travellers. Thank you!

• 24th Dec 2014

Was a good stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. One shower upstairs for men, but sink is downstairs to brush your teeth, etc. Water was generally cold no matter when you showered.

Good hostel, basic but would stay here again.

We absolutely loved the stay at Dragonfly and stayed for our entire time in Cusco. We were so sad to leave! Guillermo, Tony and the rest of the staff we so kind and helpful. We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom and in a dorm with an ensuite. We weren't there in high season so it wasn't too busy but i hear it can get pretty lively! I would definitely recommend a stay at this charming hostel and Cusco is the place to be! We shall be staying at Dragonfly Lima to see if it measures up!

• 21st Nov 2014

This hostel was great. The front door was locked at all times, but there was someone there 24/7 to let you in. Breakfast was nothing special, but standard bread/jam/tea/coffee. We had an ensuite bathroom - I couldn't get hot water half the time, but the pressure was good, and they provided towels. They also let us store our extra stuff for four days while we did the inca trail, in a locked room.

Stayed in the 6 bed female dorm - beds are amazing! Wifi bit dodgy sometimes, didn't work in room. Basic breakfast w good bread. Common area in the open, so can be a bit cold. Held luggage for 4 days while on trek and staff are helpful.

Staff that run the place are awesome, friendly, and nice. The cleaners not so much. Shower in women's restroom looked like it was never cleaned. Hair everywhere and the trash in the toilets wasn't cleaned often enough. Made for some gaging when using the toilet. Common areas are all outdoors so it makes for cold nights trying to hang out and quiet time starts at 11. Not the best bang for your buck unless you get the 8 dorm for 3 nights and pay for 2.

Average backpackers hostel. Bar in the hostel is nice. No lock on the inside of the door and freezing cold.

Great staff, particulary the barman (Guillermo I think) who helped me out a lot, and two common areas to hang out in - very social. Good security - have to buzz to get in. Good showers. Very close to centre. Points lost on cleanliness as my bed hadn't been changed from the previous person, but I would stay here again.

Very accomodating and friendly people. Would and have recommended!

Impeccable hostel in Cuzco in a colonial house what makes it a little cold in the night as well...

While this hostel is a pretty good place to stay in terms of facilities and cleanliness, and the breakfast is excellent, the lack of atmosphere means it doesn't stand out as somewhere to make a beeline for. I'm sure there are worse places to lay your head in Cusco, but I'm also pretty certain there are better spots too.

I stayed here for about 7 nights in total. It's a good hostel in a good location but the common areas (kitchen, bar, lounge) are all outside in the open and therefore it gets very cold once the sun is down. Also, there wasn't any hot water the second time I stayed there but hopefully they've fixed that since then. Good beds, good internet connection, super-helpful and nice staff.

I had a really good stay a this hostel. It was the best hostel I stayed in Peru. The staff was really helpful and always friendly. The hostel was very clean. I had an ensuite which was nice since it gets cold during the night. With the ensuite the bathroom was a lot warmer than the common one. Breakfast was basic but the bread was very good (compared to the bread you usually get in Peru) The rooms are spacious and the common areas were nice to chill out and meet people

Super chill vibe that wasn't a party hostel but there were always people around as well. Cute little kitchen where you could get most of your cooking done. Dorms don't have keys just a personal locker bit there's security at the front door. Chilly at night but that's Cuzco, the hostel has an open courtyard.

Loved the atmosphere! It wasn't a crazy party hostel, but wasn't silent either. Great mix. I think this hostel attracts good people and really enjoyed my stay there. Breakfast was also good and staff was really helpful. Don't really have any constructive criticism!

Staff are helpful. Location is ok. Beds are comfy. Bathrooms aren't the best.