Dragonfly Hostels Cusco Reviews

Calle Siete Cuartones #245, (5 min from Plaza de Armas), Cusco, Peru

Nice hostel around a central covered yard. Breakfast is ok and they sell craft beer. Overall a pleasant place but people was very noisy one night there.

Stayed at both Dragonfly Lima and Cusco, we preferred the Cusco one. Good atmosphere and good value for money. Breakfast pretty average but accomodation is better value than others within similar price ranges in the area.

Thank you so much for your comment. We are always making our place much comfortable and always keep our friendly atmosphere that sets us apart from the other hostels. For our breakfast we already have fresh juice, fruit salad, toasts and bread with jam and butter, and organic coffee. And we are setting a breakfast menu with more options. Thank you again and Travel safe!

We had a good time at dragonfly hostel. We stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which had a toilet and shower in the room. The room was quite big and had lockers for your values. Breakfast consisted of a small bowl of fruitsalad, bread, toast, butter, jam and juice! You could drink coffee, mate de coca and hot water all day for free, which was really cool as it was really cold at night. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful! I would definately come back and stay at dragonfly hostel.

Dear, Thank you so much! We really appreciate your comment. We’re glad you had such a good stay with us. Yes, our staff is really nice and we are always happy to help our guests. We hope you come back soon! Best Luck!

Great place to be! Just cold showerl

A good, but not great hostel. Great location in Cusco, staff is friendly and helpful, and I appreciated the free breakfast. They also stored our luggage for free for 5 days while we did the salkantay trek. However, noise traveled very easily and the place felt dirty. People are allowed to smoke in the common area (since it's technically outside), but it makes the whole hostel smell like smoke.

Hostel staff was nice, had their own beer which was good. Not the biggest fan of Cusco, though.

We were impressed with Dragonfly up until the point we came back mid-afternoon to find the doors to our private room wide open. The explanation from management was that she had been supervising electritions doing some work in the room. This would have been OK by us if we{d been told that it was going to happen and if the room had been secured after they{d been there - neither of which happened. Thankfully nothing was missing. After many excuses an apology was finally offered.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

A well run hostel, only 5 mins walk from the main plaza. Breakfast was decent, particularly liked the fruit and yoghurt. Beds were comfy and the rooms had lots of plug sockets. Nice common areas and bar, although they did get cold at night as they were outside and the bar was usually a bit quiet. The shared showers could also be cold to get to in the morning. Seemed to be a lot more groups than solo travellers when I stayed.

I *loved* staying at the DragonFly. The staff was amazing (helpful, friendly, accommodating), it's close to downtown (but in a quiet location, so no massive noise issues), and the hostel is just plain adorable. I can't find adequate words to describe how much I felt at home and comfortable during my stay in Cusco, all thanks to Dragonfly.

My men's shower on the first floor was great each time I used it and had hot water, but my friend said the ladies shower on the top floor never had hot water.

Had a great experience at Dragonfly Hostels Cusco! Always hot water and the food at BBQ night was great and really affordable.

• 24th May 2015

Stayed in two hostels in Cusco, the staff here were very helpfull and when we headed off to our Salkantay hike they let us leave our lugage in their storage. There is a large general store nearby, and main square is close. The room was very big and everything seemed clean and tidy. The shower did need to be on for about 5min before it went from ice cold to hot tho. The bad was the materess felt like it was 10 years old and angled in a few different ways, hostel wasnt cosy when it was cold.

Comfortable beds, helpful staff and secure luggage storage for our trek. Only comment would be that all communal space is open air making it very cold of an evening but I think this is true for most of the hostels in Cusco

Standard breakfast of bread and toast. We paid for two nights then hiked machcu picchu and got our second night transferred to when we returned but thy tried to charge us for the second night anyways. Ended up being a huge ordeal even though I kept my receipt. Other then that, really nice. I wouldn't book your trip through their travel agents, we found it for much cheaper by shopping around.