Dragonfly Hostels Cusco Reviews

Calle Siete Cuartones #245, Cusco, Peru, Cusco, Peru

Review based on one night's stay. First impression, nice vibes. My only complain would be lack of bathrooms.

Staff was friendly & helpful, but our room sucked. It was a Private double on the first floor and it was right next to the common area. It sounded like the common area was in our room. The room reeked of mold that came from the private bathroom. The room was also freezing cold & we needed rent heater for an extra 10 Soles per night... We had booked for 5 nights but were only able tough it out 2 before switching to "Che Lagarto" just a few meters up the same road & across street, it was better.

Really enjoyed this hostel. Friendly staff and great bar area which isn't open too late so not too noisy. Fab burgers too on the BBQ night.

Pros: Great hostel, close to supermarket & cheap places to eat. Friendly, helpful staff - booked good value Salkantay trek next door. Cons: No real indoor area - small tv room - so very cold in evening. Only 2 male toilets/frequently occupied. Showers were usually cold.

Excellent hostel in Cusco, my favorite place we stayed in Peru actually. Very comfortable and safe, nice staff, convenient location. I can't say enough positive things. Would definitely recommend to others.

Ran out of hot water twice for me, my boyfriend never got hit water. Over priced for private rooms. Staff was friendly though

Hot showers, warm beds. Standard bread and jam breakfast. Overall, decent hostel.

just a realy nice hostel with a great atmosphere en wonderfull staff to help you out with whatever you need.

Great staff (will book buses or taxis for you commission free), great beds, hot showers, awesome atmosphere and location. Decent breakfast (break, jams, many different types of tea/coffee/hot chocolate) I would recommend using any old official taxi (easy) rather than their airport service as it's cheaper. They could also add one more toilet. Other than that absolutely nothing negative to say.

I loved Dragonfly from the start. I was welcomed and the service was great. All ages and nationalities were staying there and that meant a far more interesting stay. They arrange daily activities too. Great value for money.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hostal is in a great location and the staff very friendly and helpful. The only thing I did not like so much was that the shared bathrooms, showers, and sinks were separated (for the most part).

Shower was perfect, it really was HOT! Beds quite comfortable. A little bit cold there but enough blankets on a bed. Kitchen little bit poor but better than nothing. Breakfast normal. Okay place, not bad and location is very good!

Great hostel, good sized rooms with comfy beds. Breakfast is minimal, bread and jam w/ tea. Bathrooms are good, shower was only luke warm for me one day, otherwise good, nice and clean! Great staff, always helpful!

Very nice hostel and welcoming and efficient staff! Complimentary breakfast with fresh bread was a plus! Thank you for a very nice stay in Cusco:)

Stayed in a single bed room, clean, enough blankets for the cold nights. The bathrooms are fine, breakfast was okay, coffee, milk, tea, bread, butter & jam. I changed my first hostel and moved to Dragonfly which was really worth it. Although the nights in cusco are really cold, i was not freezing at all there. The staff is really good, I needed a hospital during my stay and they were really really helpful. nice bar in the courtyard. laundry service. Can really recommend Dragonfly!

This will be a great hostel once the weather warms but unfortunately it was dead when I was there as far too cold to hang out in the bar. The saf are all really nice and friendly. There's a new cleaning lady who is over-zealous- my bed was made and my stuff removed as she thought I was leaving despite my bed details saying otherwise but the reception staff were great at sorting it. Hot shower. Kitchen is okay but a little small. location close to main square. Wifi okay- be had much worse!

We really enjoyed our stay here! The staff were always friendly and helpful, and the beer is great too! We would highly recommend staying here, the vibes were great, the rooms were clean and warm and the location is brilliant. It's also a great place to stay if you want a peaceful nights sleep! Keep up the good work guys!

Really good hostel with all the right elements. Atmosphere wasn't 100% as described on the website but everything else was spot on.

This is a lovely chilled hostel. The beds are super comfy and the dorms are really spacious. The staff are really friendly too and give 'local' recommendations. The only downer is that it lacks any atmosphere, like zero. But, if you're after a party hostel, you're better off somewhere else. This hostel is perfect to chill out and refresh yourself after Macchu Piccu.

Very friendly hostel, great staff, good vibe. Avoid the 7 man dorm as there is a massive spotlight which meand you're guaranteed to be woken up at sunrise...