Dragonfly Hostels Cusco Reviews

Calle Siete Cuartones #245, Cusco, Peru, Cusco, Peru

We absolutely loved the stay at Dragonfly and stayed for our entire time in Cusco. We were so sad to leave! Guillermo, Tony and the rest of the staff we so kind and helpful. We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom and in a dorm with an ensuite. We weren't there in high season so it wasn't too busy but i hear it can get pretty lively! I would definitely recommend a stay at this charming hostel and Cusco is the place to be! We shall be staying at Dragonfly Lima to see if it measures up!

• 21st Nov 2014

This hostel was great. The front door was locked at all times, but there was someone there 24/7 to let you in. Breakfast was nothing special, but standard bread/jam/tea/coffee. We had an ensuite bathroom - I couldn't get hot water half the time, but the pressure was good, and they provided towels. They also let us store our extra stuff for four days while we did the inca trail, in a locked room.

Stayed in the 6 bed female dorm - beds are amazing! Wifi bit dodgy sometimes, didn't work in room. Basic breakfast w good bread. Common area in the open, so can be a bit cold. Held luggage for 4 days while on trek and staff are helpful.

Staff that run the place are awesome, friendly, and nice. The cleaners not so much. Shower in women's restroom looked like it was never cleaned. Hair everywhere and the trash in the toilets wasn't cleaned often enough. Made for some gaging when using the toilet. Common areas are all outdoors so it makes for cold nights trying to hang out and quiet time starts at 11. Not the best bang for your buck unless you get the 8 dorm for 3 nights and pay for 2.

Average backpackers hostel. Bar in the hostel is nice. No lock on the inside of the door and freezing cold.

Great staff, particulary the barman (Guillermo I think) who helped me out a lot, and two common areas to hang out in - very social. Good security - have to buzz to get in. Good showers. Very close to centre. Points lost on cleanliness as my bed hadn't been changed from the previous person, but I would stay here again.

Very accomodating and friendly people. Would and have recommended!

Impeccable hostel in Cuzco in a colonial house what makes it a little cold in the night as well...

While this hostel is a pretty good place to stay in terms of facilities and cleanliness, and the breakfast is excellent, the lack of atmosphere means it doesn't stand out as somewhere to make a beeline for. I'm sure there are worse places to lay your head in Cusco, but I'm also pretty certain there are better spots too.

I had a really good stay a this hostel. It was the best hostel I stayed in Peru. The staff was really helpful and always friendly. The hostel was very clean. I had an ensuite which was nice since it gets cold during the night. With the ensuite the bathroom was a lot warmer than the common one. Breakfast was basic but the bread was very good (compared to the bread you usually get in Peru) The rooms are spacious and the common areas were nice to chill out and meet people

Super chill vibe that wasn't a party hostel but there were always people around as well. Cute little kitchen where you could get most of your cooking done. Dorms don't have keys just a personal locker bit there's security at the front door. Chilly at night but that's Cuzco, the hostel has an open courtyard.

Loved the atmosphere! It wasn't a crazy party hostel, but wasn't silent either. Great mix. I think this hostel attracts good people and really enjoyed my stay there. Breakfast was also good and staff was really helpful. Don't really have any constructive criticism!

Staff are helpful. Location is ok. Beds are comfy. Bathrooms aren't the best.

Staff spoke very good English and were quick to help with whatever we asked. Would be good if the private Bathrooms had more space yo hang clothes/towels, weren't see through and the door shut properly. We enjoyed our stay

We highly recommend this hostel. We stayed on 3 separate occasions and were more than happy each time. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, particularly Luis, Alexis and Jenny. Hot water, good WIFI (not always in the room). Breakfast was good although juice ran out if you didn´t get to it before about 8.30am. Located within 5 min stroll from Plaza de Armas. The hostel also organised a couple of trips for us which were good. Got a little cold at night but can hire heaters.

Hi Suzanne! Thank you for your comment! We are really happy we helped you and you enjoyed your stay with us. We will keep an eye on the juice, because the point is that you have juice for as long as breakfast lasts (from 7 untill 10) Thank you again for helping us improve our service constantly

We got private rooms, both ensuite and shared bathroom. Quick walk to the Plaza de Armas. Engaging and conversational staff. WIFI was shaky in the rooms but functional in the common areas. Provided several thick blankets and heaters for the cold nights.

Very friendly staff. Great location. Only negative was I found a bunch of dark hairs (I'm blonde) on my sheets so I'm not sure if they were actually washed or not. Breakfast was only bread but hey apparently that's all anyone eats in South America.

Hi Mara! Thank you for your comment! We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, but we 100% assure that our housekeeping staff changes the sheets everyday. On the other hand, we are working on some new ideas to give you guys more options during breakfast time, thanks for helping us.

Only stayed one night after our trek, wish we had more time though. The staff is friendly and will let you leave your luggage there safely while you hike to Machu Picchu! There's an attic that only the staff has access too, so you don't have to worry about other travelers having access to your belongings left there. Rooms are spacious and clean. Really cool bar/hang out area. Bread, jam, teas and coffee for breakfast. Thanks for a great stay!!

Hi Erica and thank you for your comment! We have a camera secured storage where you can keep your stuff for as long as you're hiking :) We are now improving our bar area with a roof so it's warmer, you should come and check it out sometime. Greetings!

Good hostel in Cusco. Room was cold so pack warm.

Hi James thanks for your comment! If you ask in the reception you can always get extra blankets if you need them. Weather here is extremely cold sometimes and we want our guests to feel as warm as possible.

A cool place to stay with only minor issues that wouldn't stop us from from staying there again (eg temperamental showers). Friendly staff who stored our bags for free while we did the inca trail and let us hang around for the day for free.

Thanks for your comment Briony! Our aim is to have hot water 24/7 for you, unfortunately we sometimes have issues with the system, but thanks to your comment we will keep that in mind.

« first « Prev 1 2 3