Dragonfly Hostels Cusco Reviews

Calle Siete Cuartones #245, Cusco, Peru, Cusco, Peru

We had a good time at dragonfly hostel. We stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which had a toilet and shower in the room. The room was quite big and had lockers for your values. Breakfast consisted of a small bowl of fruitsalad, bread, toast, butter, jam and juice! You could drink coffee, mate de coca and hot water all day for free, which was really cool as it was really cold at night. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful! I would definately come back and stay at dragonfly hostel.

Great place to be! Just cold showerl

A good, but not great hostel. Great location in Cusco, staff is friendly and helpful, and I appreciated the free breakfast. They also stored our luggage for free for 5 days while we did the salkantay trek. However, noise traveled very easily and the place felt dirty. People are allowed to smoke in the common area (since it's technically outside), but it makes the whole hostel smell like smoke.

Hostel staff was nice, had their own beer which was good. Not the biggest fan of Cusco, though.

We were impressed with Dragonfly up until the point we came back mid-afternoon to find the doors to our private room wide open. The explanation from management was that she had been supervising electritions doing some work in the room. This would have been OK by us if we{d been told that it was going to happen and if the room had been secured after they{d been there - neither of which happened. Thankfully nothing was missing. After many excuses an apology was finally offered.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

A well run hostel, only 5 mins walk from the main plaza. Breakfast was decent, particularly liked the fruit and yoghurt. Beds were comfy and the rooms had lots of plug sockets. Nice common areas and bar, although they did get cold at night as they were outside and the bar was usually a bit quiet. The shared showers could also be cold to get to in the morning. Seemed to be a lot more groups than solo travellers when I stayed.

I *loved* staying at the DragonFly. The staff was amazing (helpful, friendly, accommodating), it's close to downtown (but in a quiet location, so no massive noise issues), and the hostel is just plain adorable. I can't find adequate words to describe how much I felt at home and comfortable during my stay in Cusco, all thanks to Dragonfly.

My men's shower on the first floor was great each time I used it and had hot water, but my friend said the ladies shower on the top floor never had hot water.

Had a great experience at Dragonfly Hostels Cusco! Always hot water and the food at BBQ night was great and really affordable.

• 24th May 2015

Stayed in two hostels in Cusco, the staff here were very helpfull and when we headed off to our Salkantay hike they let us leave our lugage in their storage. There is a large general store nearby, and main square is close. The room was very big and everything seemed clean and tidy. The shower did need to be on for about 5min before it went from ice cold to hot tho. The bad was the materess felt like it was 10 years old and angled in a few different ways, hostel wasnt cosy when it was cold.

Comfortable beds, helpful staff and secure luggage storage for our trek. Only comment would be that all communal space is open air making it very cold of an evening but I think this is true for most of the hostels in Cusco

Standard breakfast of bread and toast. We paid for two nights then hiked machcu picchu and got our second night transferred to when we returned but thy tried to charge us for the second night anyways. Ended up being a huge ordeal even though I kept my receipt. Other then that, really nice. I wouldn't book your trip through their travel agents, we found it for much cheaper by shopping around.

We had the private double room with shared bathroom. The guys bathroom is a joke, one tiny toilet and shower, with the sink placed in the main common area. It was also pretty disgusting. Our room was small and dark, no windows and a door that could not lock from the inside. All this we could deal with, but the wifi was awful, and we needed it for work so we had to cut our stay short. When we tried to cancel our 2nd night the staff gave us a very hard time, we only got 50% back, after pleading.

Awesome location, close to town centre with everything. Hostel is nice and quiet which is good, for when you've partied in town. They have a tour desk which I booked all my tours through so saved me doing the leg work and prices were fair! I stayed in a female 6 dorm with an ensuite which was good! Was originally staying for 2 days, stayed nearly 2 weeks instead. Overall I'd come back for sure.

• 16th Mar 2015

great service and wonderful staff. Something that I did not like was the smoking in the main common area. It was definitely not welcoming to those that do not smoke.

• 16th Mar 2015

The staff were wonderful, especially when we had some problems with the key. Mari went out of her way to fix the problem. The courtyard was great social or relaxing space too. We would definitely recommend this place and stay again.

• 14th Mar 2015

A bit of a bro-y feel, but has all the things you'd want from a hostel.

The internet connection is simply horrible, dropping all the time and slow when you get a connection. The room didn't have any windows. No credit cards allowed, that's unacceptable in 2015 Staff was hit and miss, some very nice, some very bad. For instance we asked for a cheap restaurant and supermarket. She didn't know about the cheap restaurant IN FRONT of the hostel with meal for 6 soles or the supermarket at the corner. Laundry service is overpriced at 4 soles/kg while it's 2 outside.

Great place! Great Location, just 3 blocks from Plaza de Armas. The private room we had was really spacious & clean - above avg value. Good hot water & shower pressure. Fast Wifi. The common space is a cool outdoor patio area - it is low season so not a lot going on, but good beers & bar area. The staff is fantastic! Jorge the bartender is great & Luis is really nice!! Someone even offered my sister a bed to sleep in when she was sick, after we checked out. I would definitely stay here again

Good location