Dragonfly Hostels Reviews

28 de Julio, 190, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Superfriendly staff, lovely designed, rooftop terrace with bar and BBQ!

Great hostel to stay at while exploring Lima. It's in the Miraflores district which is safer than others and only a cheap bus ride away from downtown and other districts. Very fun atmosphere with common rooms inside and one on the roof. Very helpful staff that gave us great ideas and directions around town. Only negative is that the bathroom is outside if you are in the private room shared bath.

The rooftop terrace makes his a great hostel. Awesome place for meeting people, relaxing and starting off a night out. The dorm was a bit noisy, being right next to reception, but this could just be cos they had a big group of people turn up. Bed was comfy. Staff nice and chatty and happy to help.

Dragonfly is awesome!!! I ended up staying there multiple times during my trip. The staff is super friendly, it's a nice quiet hostel really close to the beach. If you can go surfing with Johhny!!! We had so much fun. P.s. their house beer is so-so.

Had a very enjoyable stay at the dragonfly - staff were really welcoming and friendly, and helped us out with questions about the city. The dorm itself was comfortable and clean, and had access to lockers (only 6 for 7 people, unfortunately). A nice chilled atmosphere in general; other guests were friendly and respectful. The roof terrace was a real bonus; great place to hang out and have some extra space. All in all, would happily revisit and recommend for single travellers/group/families even.

The location of this Hostel is great - close to supermarkets, Miraflores, Cafes etc. It is on the small side though. For the number of people it accomadates there are not enough common spaces, kitchen is small & not well equipped. The breakfast is very basic and could be improved greatly. One other thing that was ridiculous was the amount of signage - for everything!! Plus the email requesting you to send a confirmation of your booking or it's cancelled - that's confirmed through Hostelworld!

Maud is great!! Same with feorella, jessica, Valentin and Veronica!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I stayed at Dragon fly with a group of 10 people after volunteering in Peru for a month. The most memorable thing was the awesome atmosphere- very relaxed and welcoming. The rooms were clean, they stored our luggage for the day before we left for our flight, breakfast of coffee and bread was just enough for us, fun roof top patio etc. Also an excellent location - within walking distance to major attractions and off a quiet street. Would love to return.

• 27th May 2014

I really liked how friendly and helpful the staff members all were. For some reason when I arrived the bathroom floors were all soaking wet (puddles, actually), but after that they seemed to be fine. Loved the rooftop patio area!

• 26th May 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in Peru, very friendly staff, always available for a chat and to give advice. Lovely roof top terrace with a bar in the evening. Very relaxed vibe. Comfortable beds and hot showers. Located in a safe area, 5 minutes from lots of bars and restaurants in Miraflores. I'd also recommend some salsa lessons from Dragonflys resident salsa expert Jessica if the opportunity arises

Chill place. Friendly staff. Definitely social but not a party scene which was what I was looking for. Really enjoyed my stay.

Hostel is close to the beach but a little far from the plaza mayor, only one bus is needed to see the plaza mayor so it was convenient.

• 19th May 2014

very nice hostel, the staff is really helpful et looking after you. The beds are confortable, bathroom good, everything is very clean.

Really nice! Fun staff, nice location in Miraflores :-)

Bathrooms were not great and the hot water was a hit or miss. Breakfast is just a bun with jam or butter. Beds were relatively comfortable. Be aware if you book a tour for the colca canyon you will be over charged by about s/55 per person, just go to Arequipa and book there (tons of tours available)

Friendly staff helped us with onward travel and always say hola as you come in. Good beds, nice bedding and big lockers. Breakfast was the usual bread and jam with a hot drtink but nicely done in the breakfast room with little tables set up for you. Rooftop bar, nice but wasn't busy when we were there. Wasn't noisy at all and we stayed 3 nights. Hot showers and the bathrooms were generally clean. We arrived early one morning and we could have showers before our room was ready. Would recommend !

Nice hostel, well located, close to the beach in the safe neighborhood of miraflores. Nice and helpful staff. Breakfast is simple. The terrace is great! Had a great time!

I really enjoyed my stay at Dragonfly. I don't like party hostels, but I do like socializing and this hostel is great for that. When I first arrived I do admit I thought it was a bit cramped, small... stuffy. But finally it's just cozy and feels like home... you will closer with the people because you are always close ! It was very clean, the rooftop terrasse is really cool, the location is great as well, and the vibe is perfect. Not too party, not too boring. They serve real coffee in the am.

Hostel is a bit small and can get hot but attracts a nice group of people and the staff are lovely.

Got a private room here and is was okay. No outlets - kind of annoying - and it was also pretty loud. Miraflores is a district for rich tourists so, although nice, it lacks some character. Breakfast is good though and the staff really know what they are doing and speak English.