Dragonfly Hostels Reviews

28 de Julio, 190, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

This is without doubt the worst hostel I've stayed in. The room was hot & smelly and an absolute mess when we arrived, with items over the unoccupied beds (our beds) also. The staff were almost non-existent having to wait long periods at reception to speak with them. The breakfast was shocking, stale bread in a basket hidden away... that was it. No juice to be seen, nor tea, coffee, cereal, spreads. Lockers not big enough for bags. Rooms too small. Overall a small cramped, smelly, dirty hostel!

Awesome place and very nice staff.

Great Hostel, arranged airport pickup even with our flight cancellations and delays. Room was small but clean and comfy, bathrooms great. Travel agent in house was the best we have talked to on our trip!

We loved our stay at Dragonfly - one warning though. Don't use the laundry service next door. Absolutely hopeless, was so late with our washing we almost missed our bus to Puno. We had paid extra to be done quickly. Then we found she hadn't returned some very expensive jeans. Not the hostels fault, just don't send anyone there. Worst laundry service in Peru.

We enjoyed this hostel very much for our stay in Miraflores, Lima. We rented the private suit with a double bed/private bath. The water was hot and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast is - juice/tea and toast basically and that is the standard in Peru fyi. Bring ear plugs because the lounge is right by that room. The help we received here from the staff was top notch, we couldn't ask for friendlier and more helpful people. Would recommend staying again.

The staff at the hostel were awesome and very cheerful and helpful. The hostel itself is in a great location, but inside feels very small and cramped. The common room is the rooftop or the kitchen.

I had a wonderful stay at dragon fly. The staff were excellent! Also the tour operator Sara was extremely helpful and patient. The facilities were quiet good however there was a fowl smell coming from the waste pipes in the male showers. All in all a positive experience. The roof top is a great place to chill out, drink and meet others too!

Delightful receptionists. Not enough showers but location is perfect. Keep up the good work.

First when we arrived we thought the place seemed pretty small and cramped. And it kinda is, but the hostel totally won us over. The roof top bar was really nice and it was easy to meet people. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the coffee at breakfast was the best in Peru so far. Also nice location near El Parque del Amor and some cheap places to eat. Would definitely recommend!

Great hostel in the heart of Miraflores. The staff were very informative, fantastic wifi, comfortable beds and a very good rooftop bar. The atmosphere wasn't great when I was there but it was a Sunday and Monday. It has potential to be a lively place. Strongly recommend.

They gotta finish the work with their shower asap! Only 3 showers for the entire hostel seems horrible! Nice atmosphere, small cozy hostel. Rooms need better AC or at least few more fans.

Excellent location and people, both guests and staff. However the place is a dump. They are renovating the hostel which is a very small second floor of a bakery and drycleaners. Our first night was in a horrible room with a bathroom in which I couldn't fit. My sister killed a huge cockroach and went to front desk to complain and nothing happenned (Peru is very sexist) the following day I spoke to staff and they found us a better room. Staff is great, the bar is also nice, but don't book it!

The staff was super helpful and friendly. My biggest issue with the hostel was that there was only the one bathroom near my room but they are renovating the other one, which I think will make it much more functional. Breakfast was pretty good, and I love the rooftop bar for having a relaxing home-brewed beer.

• 9th Mar 2015

Amazing staff, hostel and location . I would definitely come back. Unfortunately they are building a new bathroom at the moment but when you are not all day in the hostel then it's no problem

Nice place to stay in Lima. I will definitely book it again if I get back to Lima.

This hostel is very cute. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere. My only complaints was that there are only 2 bathrooms for about 30 or 40 people and no bench or anywhere to put your clothes in the shower.

Ingrid the recepcionist is very nice and helped us a lot. it is located in Miraflores, near to everything!

Overall good place to crash but noisy if you are in one of the rooms close to reception. Location is very safe. Mix of younger and older travelers. They are upgrading their bathrooms which meant waiting for showers for me but will mean new showers for you.

Small but friendly hostel. Rooms basic but The roof area with seats, tables, bar and football table makes the hostel seem more spacious and sociable. Safe walking to shops ATMs restaurants and beach / cliff areas. Enjoyed my 2 nights stay.

• 25th Feb 2015