Dragonfly Hostels Reviews

28 de Julio, 190, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Maud is great!! Same with feorella, jessica, Valentin and Veronica!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I stayed at Dragon fly with a group of 10 people after volunteering in Peru for a month. The most memorable thing was the awesome atmosphere- very relaxed and welcoming. The rooms were clean, they stored our luggage for the day before we left for our flight, breakfast of coffee and bread was just enough for us, fun roof top patio etc. Also an excellent location - within walking distance to major attractions and off a quiet street. Would love to return.

• 27th May 2014

I really liked how friendly and helpful the staff members all were. For some reason when I arrived the bathroom floors were all soaking wet (puddles, actually), but after that they seemed to be fine. Loved the rooftop patio area!

• 26th May 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in Peru, very friendly staff, always available for a chat and to give advice. Lovely roof top terrace with a bar in the evening. Very relaxed vibe. Comfortable beds and hot showers. Located in a safe area, 5 minutes from lots of bars and restaurants in Miraflores. I'd also recommend some salsa lessons from Dragonflys resident salsa expert Jessica if the opportunity arises

Chill place. Friendly staff. Definitely social but not a party scene which was what I was looking for. Really enjoyed my stay.

Hostel is close to the beach but a little far from the plaza mayor, only one bus is needed to see the plaza mayor so it was convenient.

• 19th May 2014

very nice hostel, the staff is really helpful et looking after you. The beds are confortable, bathroom good, everything is very clean.

Really nice! Fun staff, nice location in Miraflores :-)

Bathrooms were not great and the hot water was a hit or miss. Breakfast is just a bun with jam or butter. Beds were relatively comfortable. Be aware if you book a tour for the colca canyon you will be over charged by about s/55 per person, just go to Arequipa and book there (tons of tours available)

Friendly staff helped us with onward travel and always say hola as you come in. Good beds, nice bedding and big lockers. Breakfast was the usual bread and jam with a hot drtink but nicely done in the breakfast room with little tables set up for you. Rooftop bar, nice but wasn't busy when we were there. Wasn't noisy at all and we stayed 3 nights. Hot showers and the bathrooms were generally clean. We arrived early one morning and we could have showers before our room was ready. Would recommend !

Nice hostel, well located, close to the beach in the safe neighborhood of miraflores. Nice and helpful staff. Breakfast is simple. The terrace is great! Had a great time!

I really enjoyed my stay at Dragonfly. I don't like party hostels, but I do like socializing and this hostel is great for that. When I first arrived I do admit I thought it was a bit cramped, small... stuffy. But finally it's just cozy and feels like home... you will closer with the people because you are always close ! It was very clean, the rooftop terrasse is really cool, the location is great as well, and the vibe is perfect. Not too party, not too boring. They serve real coffee in the am.

Hostel is a bit small and can get hot but attracts a nice group of people and the staff are lovely.

Got a private room here and is was okay. No outlets - kind of annoying - and it was also pretty loud. Miraflores is a district for rich tourists so, although nice, it lacks some character. Breakfast is good though and the staff really know what they are doing and speak English.

Stayed here at beginning and end of peru trip. 1 night each time and they remembered me! Greeted with smiles and warmth both times, despite late arrivals (and even embraced by solange as I left). Good knowledge of lima and will lend metro card etc. Upsides: Nice rooftop, but wifi weak up there, amazing staff, delicious bakery downstairs, very nice neighborhood, good English spoken by all. Downsides: rooms can be hot, water not really hot in showers when i was there

There's not hot water and one of the double-bed room has a bathroom without door.

Our hot water system is working 24h, it may happen that if a very large number of people shower the same time, it take about 10min to 15 min to reheat the whole tank. For your comfort, we are renewing our water tank with a modern one, twice bigger. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank your comments, Yann (Owner)

really nice hostel. I have booked again right away for a 16 night stay later this year. roof top patio with good music, reasonably priced beer (including a bit more expensive but quite acceptable craft beer), knowledgeable and helpful staff, clean... all good. Location is great, near the heart of the Miraflores disctrict of town which had tons of bars, restaurants etc and feels very safe at all times of the day.

Our flight arriving Lima is at midnight, Dragonfly Hostel offers a 65 soles airport pick up service which is very helpful. And the staff will confirm all your requests and everything via email before you arrive. The rooftop terrace is a great place to chill and their home-made beers are pretty nice. Though the dorm room is just a little bit crowded and you need some patience for the hot water.

Lovley breakfast, friendly and helpfull staff. Nice roof terrace. Shower was not all the time warm. Female dorm has 7 beds but only 6 lockers and the mattress were thin and not that comfy.

Efficient staff. Clean place. Nice roof top. Excelent location. It's noisy, though, and kind of smelly, because of the toilets. Its a good deal if you want to be in a dorm and meet people and party at night, which was not my case. Anyways, its good value for money.