Dragonfly Hostels Reviews

28 de Julio, 190, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Hostel is a bit small and can get hot but attracts a nice group of people and the staff are lovely.

Got a private room here and is was okay. No outlets - kind of annoying - and it was also pretty loud. Miraflores is a district for rich tourists so, although nice, it lacks some character. Breakfast is good though and the staff really know what they are doing and speak English.

Stayed here at beginning and end of peru trip. 1 night each time and they remembered me! Greeted with smiles and warmth both times, despite late arrivals (and even embraced by solange as I left). Good knowledge of lima and will lend metro card etc. Upsides: Nice rooftop, but wifi weak up there, amazing staff, delicious bakery downstairs, very nice neighborhood, good English spoken by all. Downsides: rooms can be hot, water not really hot in showers when i was there

There's not hot water and one of the double-bed room has a bathroom without door.

Our hot water system is working 24h, it may happen that if a very large number of people shower the same time, it take about 10min to 15 min to reheat the whole tank. For your comfort, we are renewing our water tank with a modern one, twice bigger. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank your comments, Yann (Owner)

really nice hostel. I have booked again right away for a 16 night stay later this year. roof top patio with good music, reasonably priced beer (including a bit more expensive but quite acceptable craft beer), knowledgeable and helpful staff, clean... all good. Location is great, near the heart of the Miraflores disctrict of town which had tons of bars, restaurants etc and feels very safe at all times of the day.

Our flight arriving Lima is at midnight, Dragonfly Hostel offers a 65 soles airport pick up service which is very helpful. And the staff will confirm all your requests and everything via email before you arrive. The rooftop terrace is a great place to chill and their home-made beers are pretty nice. Though the dorm room is just a little bit crowded and you need some patience for the hot water.

Lovley breakfast, friendly and helpfull staff. Nice roof terrace. Shower was not all the time warm. Female dorm has 7 beds but only 6 lockers and the mattress were thin and not that comfy.

Efficient staff. Clean place. Nice roof top. Excelent location. It's noisy, though, and kind of smelly, because of the toilets. Its a good deal if you want to be in a dorm and meet people and party at night, which was not my case. Anyways, its good value for money.

The staff was really good about storing my bags after I checked out and waited for my evening flight.

• 30th Mar 2014

As a solo traveller, this place was excellent. The staff are very helpful and friendly and it's only a 10 minute walk from the beach and city park.

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to have had you as a guest here and we hope you enjoyed Cusco city & Dragonfly Cusco as well ! You are always welcome to stay with us again. Cheers! Solange Front Desk Manager

Great location right in Miraflores. — Easy to explore that coastal area on bike. Breakfast consisted of toast and coffee. The staff was really helpful in booking whatever I needed and explaining things. The kitchen is nice and useful. And they have some good snacks and beer in the fridge as well as a nice rooftop terrace with a bar and lounge area. I enjoyed it!

Highly recommend it. Great vibe, great spot.

Hi! Thank you for your comment, we are always doing our best for our guests. We hope you enjoyed our very loved Peru and remember you can stay with us whenever you want. Cheers! Solange Front Desk Manager

My experience staying at Dragonfly (corner of 28 y Porta) was great -- the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the general atmosphere is one of cooperation and being laid back. I had a private room on the top (patio) level which was clean and suitable for my needs (a place to sleep for the night, basically). Even though the patio bar closes at 11 pm (I think), there were still a few folks sitting and talking which was a bit "noisy" in the evening air, but not out of hand. I'd stay again.

• 10th Mar 2014

We booked a private room thinking those are normally a safe bet. Wrong. In the middle of summer, with no AC, our room faced another building so we couldn't get any fresh air. It was HOT. They put a fan in the room but only one of two plugs in the room worked, but it only moved the hot air around. The bathroom in the room was really odd too; there was no divider between the shower and toilet. If you don't get a rooftop room, you're room will be HOT. You can't bring beer in from the store either.

As hostel we focus on offering a great service, cleanliness and unique atmosphere in a good location of Miraflores at a very competitive price. Your expectation for your room match more likely with an hotel of a superior category. Best regards, Yann (Owner)

This is the third time we stayed at the Lima Dragonfly hostel. Basically it's location, the staff, and the atmosphere kept us coming back. Clean, mostly comfortable (other than lumpy pillows) rooms, a great rooftop hang-out, boutique beers, 24-hour reception, thoughtful breakfast and helpful staff. Worth it.

Dear, Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and friend in Dragonfly Hostels. You are always very welcome to stay with us whenever you want. Best Regards, Solange Front Desk Manager

1 2 Next » last »