Dreamtime Travellers Rest Reviews

189 Bunda street, Cairns, Australia

Just so wonderfully relaxed and friendly that it created a very chill atmosphere. There's a reason this place is always full. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

A perfect hostel where to rest in Cairns. The bed are real bed and the common space are many and confortable. Free wifi and computer. A very good hostel!

Stayed one night specifically to get a good night's sleep and I did. Nice homely place, chilled out, good for a quiet time. Bit out if the centre but close to the shopping centre for Coles!

If you're looking for a friendly hostel where you can sit, talk, have a few drinks, watch a movie or indulge in all you can eat pizza...dreamtime is for you. I booked several trips through Dreamtime and could not have been happier with the trips and the efficiency of the staff at dreamtime. The facilities are perfect too, with the hostel has a homely feel with kitchens and bathrooms sotted around making it really feel like a place you can settle into. Free tea, coffee and wifi were a plus!

The rooms and bathrooms were clean although our bathroom had a window that people could see through. The hostel was close to the centre of town and had a mall very close by. All in all a nice hostel!

I just stayed one night but could definitely have stayed more! Its such a sweet place! Clean and great areas. Staff was friendly!

Good hostel to relax in. If you want to go out it is in a good location to get everywhere within 15mins and if you don't you can just relax at the hostel. Movie nights, fire shows, free wifi, clean and enough bathrooms and beds are good. Not to squeaky and good matrass.

• 3rd May 2014

Best staffs...Very friendly and helpful...Good location and the good place to chill out...I will be back again ::))

We arrived after the opining hours and the door code we got wasn't right any more. An other guest heard us and let us in. There are no mosquito nets in front of the Windows.

I had a very nice stay there.

Great value rooms with friendly staff

Really enjoyed our hostel here, the reception staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly and very accommodating to all requests. Nice atmosphere in the hostel, the BBQ was also good value and well organised. Very clean hostel and plenty of toilets and shower facilities.

The room and facilities were fantastic - clean, spacious and homely. The internet and computers were free to use, which was great too. The only thing that let it down was that the rooms over-look the social area and pool table, which were very loud, so a good night's sleep was not really possible.

I love this hostel. The dorms are lovely, particularly the ones with the stained-glass windows. Nice to go out in town and then recover in a chilled environment the next day. Big fan of the free tea and milk!

The staff was really friendly, Chris was an amazing help during my time in Cairns. I wouldn't recommend this place because they nickel and dime you for every little thing. Air conditioning should be free if you're going to have it at all, it was $1 for only 3 hours at a time. Also, the internet was a complete ripoff $2 for each hour. The other hostels in Cairns have daily rates for internet. It is also a pretty decent walk to the pier, considering all the other hostels are much closer.

Excellent staff, nice rooms, good matras! Booked a couple of extra nights since I really enjoyed my stay. Other people have said that the location isn't that central, and that's true. But it's not that hard to actually walk to e.g. the Lagoon. The name says Travelers Rest, and this definitely is a good place if you want your rest.

Loved my stay at dream time, great relaxed "Byron bay" feel atmosphere. Very cosy and will stay again if we came to cairns again :-)

Great place to stay..if people respect other travellers need to sleep during the night!

The hostel was a very relaxed environment, very homely and the staff were helpful and definitely contributed to our good stay here. There are a few kitchens so people aren't pushed for space and a shopping centre just over the road. I would definitely recommend this place for the more chilled out traveller wanting the experience of cairns and if you wanted the club scene the night life isn't sto far away.

We had a great time at dream time. It's a very relaxed hostel, peaceful and quiet at night, but still with lots to do and very easy to meet other travellers if you want. We cannot speak highly enough about the Manager Chris! He helped us with every query, and was polite, helpful and smiling all the time. We hope the owners of Dreamtime know how lucky they are to have him, he adds serious value to the hostel and made a good stay awesome!