Dreamtime Travellers Rest Reviews

189 Bunda street, Cairns, Australia

Really nice chilled hostel. Very clean and friendly. Had a good vibe. 10mins to the lagoon and is right opposite coles. Shame you have to pay extra for aircon and there are no lockers. But I would recommend and I wwould go back.

I had such a wonderful time at "dream time" it is a very relaxing, clean and secure place. The team there is very helpful and kind. I'm sad that I only booked 2 nights. Best hostel in Cairns!!

• 10th Aug 2015

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! Lovely quirky decor and big rooms, private and shared bathrooms great Courtyard area was lovely and the evening events run by the hostel were fab! Shay was so helpful as really made our stay so great!

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Dreamtime is maybe the best hostel I've stayed! Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is right next to the railway station and shopping centre (Coles!!) and it's not a long walk to the lagoon etc. The best thing in that hostel is the atmosphere! It's not a party hostel and I really liked how people catch up, have fun and just chill out. It was easy to get to know people but if you want to go to sleep early that's fine too. The hostel is so welcoming and beautiful!!

The bathrooms were ensuite and good shower pressure. The rooms were clean. The hostel has events going on at night like movies, barbecues, pizza nights etc. The wifi didn't work in the rooms and the wifi password changed everyday, which was annoying. There were free computers to use, a pool and decent communal kitchen. The reception closes around 10pm. There were a lot of people living in the hostel, which made it a little hard to meet people because the people living there already had friends.

Probably one of the top three hostels I've ever been at. They really try to make the experience unique and memorable for the guests.

Cool chilled out hostel with great atmosphere, a bit further out than most other hostels but still walking distance to the main sights. Staff super friendly and helpful with tours. Movie night and bbq fire show made it easy to meet people. Recommended!

Lovely hostel! Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds and a really nice overall atmosphere!

Probably my favourite hostel in Australia so far. Nice homely feel with lots of different lounge and kitchen areas. Perfect if you want a chilled hostel but also somewhere that is easy to get chatting to other travellers. Wifi is OK (not great but better than some hostels and it's free). My only criticism would be is that the staff can be slightly overbearing when it comes to selling. Although worth booking trips with them as you should get a discount.

We really enjoyed our stay! Thanks a lot!

• 9th Jul 2015

This is a lovely, homely and friendly hostel. Great location to get into the centre of Cairns but it is quiet in the hostel so that you can go to the party but the party isn't in your room! Staff were more than accommodating with everything we needed help with, and there's lots of spaces around the hostel to meet people. It is also so clean! I was waiting for the bathroom while it was being cleaned and it was done really thoroughly! We stayed twice so would definitely recommend.

The only way to describe this hostel is it is the hostel you never been to but have always been looking for. Has a total island vibe, amazing staff that will go out of their way to make sure all your trips are booked and more importantly with the right companies to suit your personal preference. Whenever I make my way back I will be sure to stay at dreamtime!

Absolutely brilliant hostel. One of the very best we've stayed in! Great owners, superb staff (Chris is the calmest and most efficient receptionist/booking agent I've seen, a massive asset to the hostel) and a lovely outdoor social area. The Weekly BBQ was fantastic, and a great way to meet everyone else. Best atmosphere at any hostel we've stayed at in last 6 months. Highly recommended!!

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The location is further from the city centre than other hostels but it is right behind Cairns Central so you have easy access to supermarkets. The staff are amazing and super helpful!! The atmosphere is very laid back and relaxed but it is still easy to meet people especially with their nightly activities. This isn't a party hostel so if you are after quiet nights in Cairns this is definitely the place. The facilities are good and clean too.

It was surprisingly clean and tidy. The young people were very respectful and the entertainment was great we would recommend it to all those travelling to Cairns

• 25th Jun 2015

I loved my stay at Dreamtime. It's quiet a small hostel, and it means that it's easy to get to talk to the people living there. Such a nice and homey atmosphere.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Staff could not be more helpful and friendly- nothing is too much trouble. Nice, relaxed, quiet hostel. A really comfortable stay. Not a long walk to supermarkets or the centre of Cairns. Would definitely stay again!

Beautiful hostel with a very relaxed atmosphere, had a wonderful time staying here. Very clean rooms and good facilities for a nice price.

Really nice location, right across the street from the mall. A lot of kitchen space. Decent wifi, only thing that sucked was it blocked anything categorized as 'Entertainment'..so YouTube, etc.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms where very clean. Very helpful and smiley staff members. The hostel has a really nice relax vibe, and people sit down stairs and actually talk to each other rather than sit on laptop's which seems to happen in other hostels.