Fabulous 1,384 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,384 Total Reviews
Dreamtime Travellers Rest Located at 189 Bunda street, , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 189 Bunda street
89% 1384
-16.9252527 145.7699731
    Rooms available

• Italy, Male, 25-30
11th Jan 2017

Dreamtime Travellers Rest is a beautiful hostel, with a great staff and awesome vibes!!! Definitely recommended to anyone.

• Scotland, Couple, 18-24
8th Jan 2017

Great place to stay in Cairns! Staff are friendly and have loads of knowledge of where to go and what to do. The hostel is really cool and quirky. We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel and would definitely return. It is the best hostel we have stayed in!

• Scotland, Couple, 25-30
7th Jan 2017

Pros - staff were amazing. Everyone we dealt with couldn't of been happier or more helpful. Helps us organise a really special tour which we will remember forever! Super chilled hostel and clean. VW camper to chill out in which is alway cool. Free computer use at reception and free WiFi! Cons - pay for air con $1 for 3 hrs and no-one in the room wanted to chip in, made the inside hotter than the outside. Reception closes for quite alot of the day.

2nd Jan 2017

Great place with relaxed atmosphere.. Bathrooms are kept constantly clean.. My default place to stay in Cairns..

24th Dec 2016

Super clean, laid back hostel. Great location - right next to the major shopping center and grocery stores. I was here for 7 nights and really enjoyed it. When I couldn't find availability on a scuba diving liveaboard before I arrived, I emailed the hostel for help and Anna called around to diving centers and found me a spot! I really appreciated that. Thank you!

24th Dec 2016

I loved staying at Dreamtime! I considered staying at Gilligan's, but really didn't want that party atmosphere. Dreamtime has a great vibe and everyone is so friendly. A very relaxed place with great staff. They helped me arrange tours, they were easy to chat with, and very accommodating. I stayed in the 7 bed dorm and it was nice to have the ensuite bathroom. A few more hooks, shelves, or cupboards would have been nice, but those were just minor things. I would 100% stay there again!

• Norway, Couple, 25-30
12th Dec 2016

Staff were awesome. The atmosphere was also good. The kitchen however was a little to small for all the people living there.

• Scotland, Male, 31-40
10th Dec 2016
8.0

Good hostel, friendly and helpful staff and great facilities/location. Unfortunately I checked out after only one night due to cockroaches in room, hence low score on cleanliness. To be fair to staff, cockroaches are a fact of life in cairns and I only moved out because I really really don't like them and the situation was eventually made good by hostel manager so I wouldn't let it put you off staying here.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Dec 2016

11/10 for the delightful staff here! They were unbelievably helpful booking tours before my arrival, even when i was staying at an airbnb out of town not at their hostel. Everything here was brilliant, one of my favourite hostel experiences. I stayed in a single room; secure, reasonable size, comfy bed. Great shower, good kitchen facilities, loved the pool, super friendly guests everywhere. Really hope to visit again and totally recommend this hostel to all :-)

• Czech Republic, Couple, 18-24
7th Dec 2016

One of the best hostel we have ever been to! Really great family atmosphere, clean common areas, good wifi. Be sure to not miss their BBQ on Wednesday evening! The stuff was really helpful with arranging the trips around the Cairns. We booked just one night and we ended up staying for three nights. Highly recommended!