9.0
Superb 1,293 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,293 Total Reviews
Dreamtime Travellers Rest Located at 189 Bunda street, , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 189 Bunda street
90% 1293
-16.9252527 145.7699731
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016

Fantastic hostel. Very laid back so not one for partiers (tends to get quiet by 10pm) but very sociable atmosphere, helped by things like BBQ night, and generally very clean. Shopping centre entrance and train station over the road, 10 minute walk to the centre. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful whatever you need. The only real downside is the kitchen which is very small but that's nitpicking. The wifi was a bit temperamental too. I'll definitely be back if I come to Cairns again

9th Aug 2016

Stayed at Dreamtime for four nights and really enjoyed it. Helpful reception staff and very clean rooms were a huge plus. The only downside is there's only one kitchen and it can get a bit cramped, but otherwise location, wifi and the people I met at the hostel were class. Not a party hostel, most people winding down around 10pm, and that's exactly what I was looking for.

• ljchristoff86
  • England, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2016

Friendly hostel and had a nice atmosphere. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Arrived late and there was clear instructions and a key set aside for me on my arrival. Great hostel :)

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2016

The best hostel i have stayed in in australia. It is a 5 minute walk from the city centre. Not a party hostel and that is exactly why I chose it. Clean, secure, staff were amazing. I extended my stay.

• matanorland8800
  • Israel, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
1st Aug 2016

Staff and atmosphere were brilliant. Especially Ana at the front desk who helped me out a lot with planning my trip. The BBQ night with the prize competition and movie night were also great additions. I would stay there again for sure.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016

A fantastic hostel. I came up from Melbourne for a short getaway. The staff are really friendly and the facilities are excellent. It is a very chill hostel with the place going quiet around 9-10pm. So if you are looking for a party hostel, then this is not the hostel for you. However, if you like to relax and chat to fellow travelers, then this is perfect. There is also a friendly neighourhood white cat that visits the hostel at night and is very friendly! Overall, an excellent stay. Thank you!

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Jul 2016

Fantastic. Staff went out of the way to help, and a great quiet and relaxed but friendly vibe as a neat alternative to the party culture elsewhere in Cairns.

• England, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2016

Really lovely and homely feeling accommodation. Nice and social but definately not a party hostel which was perfect for me. Staff super friendly. Although the only negative thing I'd say is that one of the staff long blonde hair and American I think, was extremely short mannered. She was really letting down an otherwise fantastic staffing team

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2016

It is a cozy hostel with lovely staffs. Gaby is really helpful for all the traveling information. I had a great stay and met lots of friends there. It's a great hostel if you want to relax and enjoy Cairns.

• France, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2016

I am so glad I decided to book at Dreamtime! It was the best for me as I'm not a huge party girl and wanted a relaxed and homely atmosphere, away from the big party hostels. I was travelling solo but met (amazing) people right away thanks to cool atmosphere and the different chilling areas. It really felt like home. I highly recommend it!