Dreamtime Travellers Rest Reviews

189 Bunda street, Cairns, Australia

Super friendly and helpful staff. Great atmosphere and really quiet and relaxed but if you want to go out you will also find people to party with. Rooms are clean and facilities are in good condition. Would definitely stay there again.

• 25th Sep 2014

nice ppl, easy access to beach and food, cheerful staff and ppl.

• 24th Sep 2014

Didn't want to leave, relaxed and friendly hostel with something happening almost every night

• 10th Sep 2014

Front desk guy (Chris I think) was very helpful. Hostel has potential to be great. Cute property. Decent size rooms. Free wifi (iffy but ok) and towels. Quiet. Decent location right near cairns central mall. But in my first two hours in the room I killed a roach, two Mosquitos, and two moths. It's not an enclosed building. Things are all outdoors and there are no screens on the windows which is a big problem because bugs come on. also need something by the door that blocks roaches from entering

Cleanliness could have been better and I found a cockroach running around in the hallway but the atmosphere was good and it's a good place to meet people and socialize.

Dreamtime wasn't to far from the main bit of Cairns. My Boyfriend and I really enjoyed playing pool and having a few beers whenever. When we had a flight at 7 that night, they let us leave our bags and use the wifi and computers while waiting for the bus to pick us up! It was great!

• 30th Aug 2014

Awesome location and staff, clean bathrooms and rooms, pool table, cinema night..i've had a wonderful experience there.

Nice hostel, friendly staff, location is ok. Can be a bit noisy if you sleep close to the kitchen and main shared area. Kitchen was ok, not very clean, pots and pans were underaverage.

This is an incredible hostel. It's in a fantastic location, a quick 10 minute walk from "downtown" Cairns and a 15 minute walk from the waterfront. It's right next to the train station, a shopping mall and Target. The facilities are excellent, it has a huge covered outdoor patio area with rough-hewn wood furniture and surrounded by gorgeous plants, with nice rooms and bathrooms. The staff are the best part, however. So friendly and helpful with everything about my trip. One of my fav hostels.

• 25th Jul 2014

Just so wonderfully relaxed and friendly that it created a very chill atmosphere. There's a reason this place is always full. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

A perfect hostel where to rest in Cairns. The bed are real bed and the common space are many and confortable. Free wifi and computer. A very good hostel!

Stayed one night specifically to get a good night's sleep and I did. Nice homely place, chilled out, good for a quiet time. Bit out if the centre but close to the shopping centre for Coles!

If you're looking for a friendly hostel where you can sit, talk, have a few drinks, watch a movie or indulge in all you can eat pizza...dreamtime is for you. I booked several trips through Dreamtime and could not have been happier with the trips and the efficiency of the staff at dreamtime. The facilities are perfect too, with the hostel has a homely feel with kitchens and bathrooms sotted around making it really feel like a place you can settle into. Free tea, coffee and wifi were a plus!

The rooms and bathrooms were clean although our bathroom had a window that people could see through. The hostel was close to the centre of town and had a mall very close by. All in all a nice hostel!

I just stayed one night but could definitely have stayed more! Its such a sweet place! Clean and great areas. Staff was friendly!

Good hostel to relax in. If you want to go out it is in a good location to get everywhere within 15mins and if you don't you can just relax at the hostel. Movie nights, fire shows, free wifi, clean and enough bathrooms and beds are good. Not to squeaky and good matrass.

• 3rd May 2014

Best staffs...Very friendly and helpful...Good location and the good place to chill out...I will be back again ::))

We arrived after the opining hours and the door code we got wasn't right any more. An other guest heard us and let us in. There are no mosquito nets in front of the Windows.

I had a very nice stay there.

Great value rooms with friendly staff