Dreamtime Travellers Rest Reviews

189 Bunda street, Cairns, Australia

Great hostel whit a few issues. The room was nice and clean. But we should pay for the aircon. The kitchen was small and birds flew in and out. There's a nice outdoor area and some good arrangements by the hostel. But you can't bring your own alcohol you have too buy the hostels which is quite expensive. And the wifi didn't work all the time.

So good I'm staying again! Great chilled out place

Awesome staff and an awesome atmosphere

The wifi was terrible!!!!!

I thought this hostel was amazing. Such a great little oasis vibe, super lush and cozy. Our private room was great! Showers and bathrooms were clean, hot water. VERY impressed by the security and buzzers. I would definitely stay there again, great value for money, and then some. No complaints at all.

I stayed at Dreamtime for 5 days, it is literally the best gateway to the surrounding areas. The staff were fantastic with booking day tours, and very helpful with local knowledge. Very social little hostel, everyone is talking and what's great is the themed movie evenings and BBQ twice a week- no better way for a solo traveller to feel welcome! The rooms were lovely and clean- no complaints at all. Overall this hostel is a MUST stay!

The staff make Dreamtime a very welcoming environment. Very friendly, informative and helpful. They're very busy all day, helping guests and never failed to deliver anything required of them. Real service with a smile. You can't ask for much more.

Absolutely loved my stay at Dreamtime, so much so that after only booking for one night I came back for another four! Staff so friendly and helpful, rooms nice and spacious and bathroom facilities clean. Great location, could stay in and have a peaceful night at the hostel or walk ten minutes down the road for bars and clubs.

This is a great hostel, Chris on the travel desk helped me book all of my trips and saved me loads of money and he recommended all of the trips and they all turned out to be excellent. The rooms are good and although you have to pay for the aircon it is excellent quality and worth it. The bathrooms are clean and plenty of them. The whole atmosphere of the hostel is good and definitely worth doing their bbq on Wedneaday night - $12 for a huge meal and good quality stuff too.

We had a nice double private room with towels. The facilities were good and there is a security side gate for late night entry. Location was good. It is located on a main road behind the shopping centre. During the day you can walk through the shopping centre however, after about midnight (when the cinema shuts) you have to walk round. I personally wouldn't like to do this late on my own but seemed quiet and didn't see any trouble. Drinks to purchase at the hostel and wifi is good.

Fantastic hostel! Really homely and great facilities. Right next to central station so convinient. Been one of the more relaxed hostels we have stayed in in Australia

Really nice hostel, if you want a good nights sleep but still be in a great location then stay here! Good evening activities also.

one of the best hostels we've visited. absolutely no complaints!

The staff at Dreamtime are very accommodating and professional. They arranged several day tours for me with little notice ahead. It's located just across the street from a shopping center and a few minutes walk away from town. Highly recommend them!

• 4th Oct 2015

Absolutely loved our stay with you! Wished we could stay longer but had to leave Cairns eventually! Lovely hostel and will always have fond memories of it! Thank you!

The hostel was very clean. Shay helped me and my girlfriend plan and book all our tours. He had pick great tours for us. They had great deals very night and can't recommend this place enough if you want to relax and not party too much. Great stay over the long weekend.

Great Hostel with excellent cleanliness and great staff. very chilled out and kitchen/bathrooms were high standards along with the rooms!

• 24th Sep 2015

Wonderful hostel. Super friendly staff. Easily the best hostel I've visited in Australia. Highly recommended.

I loved staying here, such a great place to stay. The facilities were great, lots of friendly people and it's very clean. I would definitely stay there again. 😊

I needed a quiet place to sleep because I had a 3:30am wake up, a 6 hour journey to Sydney then an 8 hour work day. Staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly, room was really nice, shared bathroom attached, showers were all individual and not in a block. Cleanliness 10/10. A quiet rest if you're looking for a bit of peace & quiet