8.7
Fabulous 404 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 404 Total Reviews
Drifter Jack's Hostel Located at 2602 Guadalupe St., , Austin.
USA
Austin Texas 78705 2602 Guadalupe St.
87% 404
30.2910705 -97.7419710
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

Great place to stay! Friendly helpful staff and great outdoor area

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016
7.7

We (3 friends) had a good experience at Drifter Jack's. It's a great location - close to lots of shops and food and activities. Facilities were sufficient; I will say that I wish there was more to the breakfast than toast, tomato and pancakes, and hostels in this area are a bit on the pricey side, but overall I still think it was worth it. We really enjoyed the Saturday night pub crawl! Thank you!

22nd Apr 2016
4.3

Not clean really at all. Room had a very strange smell. Doors don't lock so there's minimal security. Common room had soiled couches. Kitchen and bathrooms were dingy. Staff was pleasant however. But would not recommend.

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. We spend 6 hours each day cleaning the rooms and bathrooms and do our best to maintain cleanliness throughout the hostel. All the doors do lock, but it's up to the room guests to lock them. Our hostel is so communal and welcoming, that many guests don't feel the need to lock doors. We will continue to work on cleanliness, thanks for your feedback.

21st Apr 2016

Great place, great environment with great people.

15th Apr 2016

Had a great stay here! All of the staff were fantastic, especially Chris who works overnight. Facility is very clean overall, kitchen is always open and the complimentary breakfast was the best on my trip. The artwork throughout the hostel is amazing and brightens up the whole place. Location is not downtown but is an easily accessible, short bus ride from everything. The only downside was that the individual rooms didn't have locks. There were lockers provided in the rooms, but still.

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2016

Clean, friendly staff, and great environment. I had a ton of fun and am so glad I decided to stay here. I'd definitely stay again next time I'm in Austin.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
30th Mar 2016

I had such a great stay here, even extended one more night. The atmosphere is amazing and the location is good. Unfortunately some things got stolen, but thats the only criticism (and I'm sure theyre working on it). However I would definitely stay there again!

26th Mar 2016

Fantastic stay in Austin, the staff was very friendly and helpful especially when figuring out what to do in a city like Austin, they also do pub crawls which are very popular and help you go out see the nightlife. Breakfast is pretty good compared to other hostels and they have a open kitchen available most hours at night. Dorms are roomy as well as clean and comfortable and the location is close to UT which has a few cool dive bars and a 15-20 minute bus ride to Zilker Park and Downtown.

• England, Male, 25-30
20th Mar 2016

Great place, friendly staff, good atmosphere in the evenings with people up for going out, and a free pool table. No complaints!

• CNHilliard
  • USA, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2016

Very friendly staff that are helpful. Clean facilities and rooms. Clean towels and sheets. I really liked the people I met in my room during SxSW. They actually all ended up coming out with me to party and we had a blast. It's a great hostel with colorful walls but I thought it was weird all the dorm rooms were always kept unlocked. We had access to lockers with locks but the thought that anyone could walk into my room at anytime left me a little uneasy. Especially while I was sleeping.