Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

Good place

• 16th Apr 2015

The staff were awesome, the place was brightly decorated and clean, the beds were comfy. I absolutely would go there again.

• 10th Apr 2015

Over priced

• 4th Apr 2015

I had a WHOLE night trying to sleep, since the noise from kitchen, was NON STOP! Anyways, i was in a hostel, and i though i should respect peoples excitement of traveling and meeting people. Once the noise got very, but VERY close to me, things started to get out of control! I decided to leave in the middle of the night, YES! The staff, could not help, told me to sleep in the couch, but thanks god, one of the manager could help me! Yes they were very careful to make sure i was ok.

I don't recommend parking there the slots are SUPER SMALL! When i left i realized that one of the employees(she) in a white car hit my back end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't spend a lot of my time at the hostel, but overall I had a great stay and would recommend staying at this hostel. The bed was clean and the rooms were quiet enough to sleep when I needed to.

I was there during SXSW so a very busy time, met some cool people, got good sleep. Shared bathroom use wasn't an issue! The whiteboard with suggested gigs was a nice touch & they played some of my favourite songs over breakfast one morning! Staff seem fairly understanding & accommodating when I made an accident with the booking, which was appreciated.

It's an artistic little hostel near University of Texas. Friendly staff. Moderately clean. Great location. Lots of artwork. No one ate my food - so all around a good stay.

This hostel was amazing! It definitely ranks up there with some of the hostels I've stayed at in Australia, New Zealand, and various countries in Europe. I'm always skeptical of American hostels because the backpacker lifestyle isn't as much of a culture here as it is everywhere else, but damn did this place exceed all expectations. I'll be visiting Austin again in a few months and this is now my go-to place to stay! (:

• 9th Mar 2015

fun place, friendly people, great staff

• 6th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Thomas is amazing!

This place was perfect. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was comfortable and having a good time. The walls are lined with amazing art. The hostel is in a fantastic location that is so close to a lot of attractions. We met a lot of awesome people and had a great time for the 5 nights we stayed here. Unforgettable experience. I would recommend it to anybody.

• 28th Feb 2015

Great friendly vibe with staff keen to have a chat, share advice, and even have a few drinks with you. Saturday night BBQ was a highlight, easy to make mates to hit the town with later on. In terns of meeting people and exploring Austin, this is the place to be!

• 20th Feb 2015

It was awesome.

• 13th Feb 2015

Met some friends, saw some blues, had a great time

• 3rd Feb 2015

It's a nice hostel and not far from center. but it can be hard to take a shower, one bathroom shared with 2 dorms (12 people) is a challenge.

Nice little hostel. Close to the university and lot of small eateries. Right on the capital metro route. I loved the common room. Plenty of vibes. Unlike other hostels I 've seen in the US, the crowd is young. I 'd recommend this to a friend.

The staff were especially caring, kind and helpful. Thank you!

• 30th Dec 2014

Good , a few bars around, not much parking. Would return.

- Hostel really needs a proper stove and element for cooking in the kitchen. - Its weird having to share your bathroom between two rooms, as you have to remember to lock both doors every time. However the staff are very good if you need to find a vacant bathroom they will help. -There was a slight confusion with rooms on my second night, however the staff were really good at fixing it up very quickly and ensuring no one lost out. - get a free drink each night at the local pub!!