Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

Stayed in a private room. It was fine...nothing impressive. Room wasn't really ready on time, not the cleanest (trash bins weren't emptied), no towels or anything (had to pay to rent towels) available. For what we paid, seemed like we should have just found a hotel. Some staff were friendly, others not so much.

• 25th Oct 2014

Awesome staff, friendly atmosphere. Nice outside area with picnic tables and pool table. The staff is great about taking people out and showing them the town. Only complaint is that you have to pay $3 for a towel. Didn't quite understand that, but everything else was awesome!

Good hostel with very friendly people and staff. Sometimes bathrooms are an issue as there is 1 bathroom shared between up to 12 people. Always something social happening here. One point for fellow travelers: this hostel is one of those where it seems like at least 50% of the people staying there, and many more and long-term guests. This is hardly an issue, but just be ready that it's pretty likely people will already have existing groups and friendships.

Great hostels function like family homes and Drifter Jack's covered all the comforts. If you want privacy, peace and quiet, you can retreat to your room and escape the hype. If you want fun and games, there is always someone to play with - usually the hosts. It made Austin for us.

Awesome hostel, grewt atmosphere, great staff i had a blast there and met some awesome people!

• 12th Sep 2014

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

Very amazing Hostel, with absolutely chilled staff who highlight the coolness of Austin.

The atmosphere of this hostel was really good, quite chill, full of great people and had a great common area to meet! The location was really good, far from 6th street but really cool area around University of Texas! The rooms were good and so were the facilities! ONLY bad thing was our toilet in our room was clogged (and disgusting) and even after asked a few times to get it fixed, it stayed that way for a few days... other than that would highly recommend this place!

Sick spot, downtown with a cool crew. Had a great time

Nice place, little far away from everything but right next to a bus stop so it's fine. Everything is clean, staff are nice.

When I checked in the girl on the desk was too busy watching youtube to talk to me. The whole place was old and dirty. The rooms were dark and since I was the 5th person to go into the room there was nowhere for me to put my luggage. It was advertised as a 6 bed female but there was access to a 6 bed male with no locks. The shared worse for wear bathroom with no fan was disgustingly dirty. I decided to check out after 2 nights and stay in a hotel for the last 2. Overall really disappointed

I've really enjoyed my stay! I like how there was a travellers' community and how the hostel arranged events so we all got together to have fun. However, the week when I arrived there were tons of students; I didn't feel quite invited as much - they were too cliquy. Only negative point: Hostel lacks bathrooms; you share with 11 other people. I was in the female dorm, half naked and some guy walked in saying we locked them out. I wasn't yet done with the bathroom! Anyway, still had a nice time!

I felt several of the staff didn't seem that enthusiastic to be working here, though others were great and really helpful. It seemed pretty quiet without much atmosphere, but that may have just been the timing of when I stayed.

Old school hostel quality, good beds, decent showers, awesome people (working and visiting alike). Austin is a great place to be, Drifter Jack's a great place to stay while being.

Far from 6th st. Very shady bldg, No Kitchen. 1 washer and dryer which is occupied most of the time. Not to forget there is jus 1 bathroom for every 2 rooms, which didn't make any sense paying for a 6 bed, when 12 use the shower. The only good thing was the staff, except the skinny guy in the morning.

Great vibe, location, staff! Easy walk from Megabus stop.

Great atmosphere and staff. Daily activities and clean hostel. Was a quiet time when I was there with not many other travelers but more is very lively when there are more people there.

The best hostel I have ever been to! Great people, great atmosphere, and a great time!

• 13th Jul 2014

The hostel was great, the beds were comfortable and sheets were clean. There is a basin in every room that makes life a little easier. Staff are friendly and helpful. There is an excellent Wifi service available. There are plenty of exciting hostel activities organised for every day of the week for anyone interested. The hostel gives a more comfortable feeling than mostro.. The only downside is that there is one shower/bathroom split between two dorm rooms, definitely requires more.

• 1st Jul 2014

This is a well priced and spacious hostel, located close to the University and some good bars/food but pretty far from the action downtown. The atmosphere is brought down by the staff - there is one lovely guy but the rest we encountered were curt and rude.