Drifter Jack's Hostel

Superb 618 Total Reviews

• daniellee725
  • USA, Female, 25-30
24th Jun 2017

I have been on the road for a month, stayed at a handful of hostels, and this was by far my favorite. Drifter Jacks has such a fun vibe, the staff seem genuinely happy to be there, and I made some great friends here (definitely a younger crowd here, reminiscent of my college days). Take advatange of their organized pub crawl!! That was the most fun I've had my whole trip. If/when I come back to Austin, this is where I'll stay.

• Israel, Female, 25-30
22nd Jun 2017
6.6

Nice place and great staff over all. no breakfast which was a big minus for me. AC worked properly only on one half of the building. Showers and bathroom shared for every 2 rooms with 2 doors which wansnt convenient. The place is not very clean. Met great people!

17th Jun 2017
7.4

Friendly staff and lots of international student travelers make it a party oriented atmosphere. Liked the female dorm option. ( I'm a 50+ female + young guys tend to be uncomfortable when I'm in their dorm!) Facilities have a 1970's vibe. Clean enough but no mattress or pillow protectors under the sheets . Bathrooms are clean but need hooks for things when showering. Power strip needed in dorm for phones,etc. location near U of Texas campus and on bus line to Downtown. Good cheap sleep!

• USA, Male, 41+
16th Jun 2017
5.7

The ac here sucks. I woke up several times drenched in sweat. No breakfast is provided either. Friendly, helpful staff.

We are glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We provide 24 hour reception so that we are always available to assist with any guest needs. We would have swiftly brought in a fan or moved you to a different room had we known you were uncomfortable. We keep our a/c blasting during the summer months - Texas summers call for it! We will look into the issue in your dorm and remedy it quickly. Thank you for your feedback.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
14th Jun 2017

Great hostel with friendly vibes, could really relax and enjoy our time spent there! Not to mention the lovely staff! 10/10

We all had such a great time getting to know you two! You are lovely. Enjoy the rest of your travels. We hope to see you again soon!

13th Jun 2017

Amazing staff (very friendly, good recommandations, etc.) ! Really nice atmosphere, makes it easy to meet people! I recommend.

It was a pleasure. So glad you were able to stop by Boston on your way back home from Boston! It was short, but sweet. We hope to see you next time you make it to Austin!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
12th Jun 2017
8.0

I like drifter Jacks-it has charm & atmosphere. I was a bit disappointed there was no breakfast ad I could have sworn I read there was. Apart from that it was a good hostel. It's about a half an hour walk to 6th street, but it's in a cool area and there's pt in the area. Good kitchen activities from the area written up every night good sized lockers good internet lots of power access. It worked well for me.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Jun 2017

Awesome hostel. Right by UT. Take the bus to South congress Ave (bus stop right outside, day pass only $2.50). Super friendly staff & very informative on events going on.... loved Austin!!!!

We love Austin too! Thanks for staying with us. We're glad we were able to steer you in the right direction. See ya next time :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2017

I had an amazing experience staying at Drifter Jack's Hostel! Drifter's has the most polite and helpful staff. Any time I needed anything, from a towel to suggestions on where I should eat, they were always very responsive and knowledgable. The rooms, the kitchen, the bathrooms, and common areas were always immaculately clean, which is a very big thing for me. In addition to all of this, I was able to make great connections with other travelers through events hosted by the Drifter's.

We wish you could have stayed forever!! Best of luck in the Peace Corp. Please come back to see us when you return!

2nd Jun 2017

Drifter Jack's is a 5 minute walk from Torchy's Tacos so I'm not really sure what else you need. If tacos aren't your thing, you can expect to have a nice time pretty much any day of the week. They do much of the leg work as far as finding things for you to do since many events are written on the board in the hallway. Personally, since I am considering moving to Austin, I extended my stay twice to get a better feel for the city. The staff were happy to make that happen.

We expect to see you back in Austin because, obviously, it is the best choice for relocation! Thanks for hanging with us and eating Austin out of tacos. It was a pleasure :)