Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

Great staff. Bathroom not great (dirty, toilet clogging), but that could have just been ours. Lots of cool activities and suggestions from the staff. Rooms were decent, had mini fridge and good lockers. I would recommend.

• 21st May 2015

So hip. So swell. Staff was so nice. Fantastic everything. Nothing elseelse to say.

• 11th May 2015

Thomas was excellent.

• 8th May 2015

Super awesome! The decor made the envelop meant fun and your staff was on point! Truly an awesome experience

Great staff, nice and clean rooms ;)

Had a little hiccup when the Hostelworld reservation wasn't pulling up. Luckily a couple of spots opened up. Unfortunately they were in separate rooms and my girlfriend wasn't too thrilled with that.... Oh well it didn't bother me. This place is SUPER close to campus. Go chill with Jesús at his camper. Parking can be a little squirrelly. And fining Hume St is a pain in the butt because it looks like an alleyway.

The overall hostel is good but it can be better. The rooms have a bad odor, they need a new carpet, the breakfast is very bad is just coffee and a load of bread is not a real breakfast. One of the guys that works there is very rude his name is Travis and Thomas did very good job.

I just have to mention 2 wonderful front desk people to include my brother from another mother Travis and Amanda who were very helpful...I have to mention a not so nice worker Anthony who was quite rude but he's only there for a few more weeks...Thank You! I have never said an unfavorable comment after traveling 152 countries but I had to mention this rude young man...maybe it will get to him..maybe not.

This is hands down one of the best hostels we've stayed at, not just in the USA but anywhere. Such a good atmosphere and attracts a great crowd. Austin is obviously a great city and the staff really make an effort to help you experience it, or there's always recommendations on the board about stuff to do. Thomas and Shea and all the staff were amaaazing as well, thank you so much guys!

• 29th Apr 2015

The best thing about this hostel was easily the staff! They went well beyond the call of duty - happy for a chat, genuine, full of suggestions and helpful knowledge about Austin. I felt like a friend and not a guest... aww... Anyway, in addition: cool art on the walls, 24hr reception, plentiful storage space, delicious waffles, great location, and VEGEMITE? wtf. Even if it was overpriced, it made this aussie very happy. (I guess it costs a lot to ship that stuff over the pacific, or something).

• 28th Apr 2015

Bobs jeans are in the freezer.

Very knowledgeable staff...gave great recommendations for everything! Easy, relaxed atmosphere to meet and hangout with people! The hostel is cleaned twice daily, so cleanliness is not an issue. I would definitely stay here again, no questions asked!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Awesome place ... But expensive but all hostels Are in america .. And it's 1 bathroom between 12 .... But it was never an issue for me ... Lovely staff that definitely go out of their way for you :)

• 19th Apr 2015

Great time! I loved Austin and the hostel was really cool! They are really well organized and informative. I was there during the week-end and it rained on the Saturday evening for about 2hours and they quickly organized a game to entertained us until the little storm calms down. They almost know everything that is going on around Austin to have fun each day. Really fun time! =)

Good place

• 16th Apr 2015

The staff were awesome, the place was brightly decorated and clean, the beds were comfy. I absolutely would go there again.

• 10th Apr 2015

Over priced

• 4th Apr 2015

I had a WHOLE night trying to sleep, since the noise from kitchen, was NON STOP! Anyways, i was in a hostel, and i though i should respect peoples excitement of traveling and meeting people. Once the noise got very, but VERY close to me, things started to get out of control! I decided to leave in the middle of the night, YES! The staff, could not help, told me to sleep in the couch, but thanks god, one of the manager could help me! Yes they were very careful to make sure i was ok.

I don't recommend parking there the slots are SUPER SMALL! When i left i realized that one of the employees(she) in a white car hit my back end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't spend a lot of my time at the hostel, but overall I had a great stay and would recommend staying at this hostel. The bed was clean and the rooms were quiet enough to sleep when I needed to.