Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

It was Nice atmosphere the beds were shaky but nice blanket, I didn't like the bathroom. 1 bathroom between 2 rooms. So often lock because someone forgets to unlock it.

The building is to small for the amount of people staying there. No kitchen, only one dryer and washer could never use them. No one on counter from 12-7am, always had loud music playing and staff not all so helpful. The common room is open 24/7 not far when the only private room joins and drunk people are screaming at 4am and don't care if you ask nicely to be quite. Rules should be highly enforced. Location 30min walk to town and the building is hard to find. Not the greatest place to stay

A really nice and clean hostel. Recommend it! I would stay here again...

Great atmosphere amongst everyone staying here

Really enjoyed my stay at Drifter Jacks! I'd especially recommend it if you're doing anything near the University!

A slightly more advanced kitchen, eg a stove would be good and some communal restrooms rather than just the ones between the dorm rooms would be good. It's a new hostel so these teething problems will be sorted out anyway. That said, the social atmosphere, staff and general vibe of the place are the best I've encountered while being in the USA. Couldn't recommend more highly.

My needs are basic. This place was clean and safe. In the end, that's what mostly matters, so I recommend staying here. Pros- Staff was very helpful, they had a laundry machine and dryer, beds are comfy, parking (but this was also a con) Cons- This is the only hostel in Austin with parking. But they only have 4 parking spots available in a cramped alley! They play indie music all day in the background. For some this is a plus, for me it was just annoying.

• 26th May 2014

Drifter Jacks was in a great, laid back location located close to the university and lots of cheap eats. Once you figure out the bus system, its really easy to get to anywhere you need. Some of the staff were much more helpful than others.

Strengths are the location right near the university and The Drag district, close to lots of eateries and thrift stores frequented by the students, with the city and nightlife areas only a five minute bus ride away, with a bus stop right out the front. Atmosphere is good if you want to see the sights during the day and hit 6th Street at night. The rest is okay, although security is lax to say the least and sharing a bathroom with the dorm beside you can be annoying.

great party hostel with a small group atmosphere, excellent vibe, next to UT, breakfast only included toast.

Drifter Jack's is great for solo and group travellers, everyone there comes with a great attitude for meeting people and having a laugh. I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone who enjoys meeting new people, and to those who just don't know it yet.

• 8th May 2014

Great hostel... excellent location with bars and restaurants in close walking distance, great downstairs hangout area outside, staff very helpful and very good facilities!

I came to Austin for vacation with a friend, we got the 6 beds mixed dorm, we had a great stay. Staff is nice, helpful and it's easy to meet a lot of people thanks to the common room. You experience the typical hostel atmosphere, which I personally love. The only flaws (for us) were the not-so-great choice of food for bf (you can always buy your stuff and use the fridge) and the fact that we had to share the bathroom.But if you choose to stay in an hostel you kinda know you have to share

• 3rd May 2014

Hostel in a great location in the College district with no shortage of bars in the area. Hostel staff were extremely nice and would often have a few drinks with you at night which made it feel like a real community atmosphere. Would have perhaps liked a working television with cable to enjoy during downtime but apart from that I have no complaints!

I loved this place! I came with my friend for 1 night before the Austin Psych Fest and everything was perfect ! The beds are very comfortable, the decoration is amazing and the atmosphere is very friendly ! Plus the staff is very helpful! The price is a very great deal! I'll come back for sure!

Had a great time at drifter Jack's. When we arrived the aussie guy at reception was brutally hungover so I generally take that as a good sign. Met some really cool people especially americans travelling from interstate. We had a car so didn't have to worry about public transport. There's not that many rooms so we had to change rooms 3 nights in a row as we booked late.

1 2 Next » last »