Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

Was an awesome hostel to stay at! Friendly and very social. Would recommend anyone wanting to stay at a hostel in Austin to stay here! Had a great time!

• 26th Nov 2015

Maybe I'm just used to beautiful, stellarly clean hostels throughout Latin America for ~$10/night, so I was surprised that at $30/night, this place seemed so grimy. First hostel experience in the United States, might just be my last.

Ooh, Latin America hostels are stellar! We have already made great strides towards more cleanliness because of your feedback. We are competitively priced for the region, which is much different than other countries. Hostel life hasn't yet caught on in America. Please try us again soon. Safe and happy travels.

Fantastic welcome, fantastic hostel. Will be back someday.

There is a weird smell... Aside from this particular point, it was great. The breakfast is fantastic, the staff is really really nice, it is safe, it is quite calm, it is so close from the University, it is not expensive, the showers and toilets are clean and work great. Thank you!

• 11th Nov 2015

Nice place. Close to college. A short ride to downtown.

Thanks alot for a wonderful stay in austin!

amazing staff and amazing vibes, easy to meet people and fun place to hang out, lots of world travelers stay here and people want to socialize. like most american hostels its a bit overpriced, I'd like some protein with breakfast (eggs or peanutbutter), kitchen is small but they are about to remodel to a full kitchen!! definitely recommend staying here, Austin is amazing place too!

You better stay here! Or you won't enjoy Austin.

We agree! Come back soon!

This place is so beautiful! Safe location, cool outside area with free pool and no outdoor curfew but it really really needs cooking facilities for budget travellers.

Thanks for the great review. We NOW have a full service kitchen that is getting lots of use. Thanks for the feedback. Now come back and stay with us again!

Wifi was bad. Staff were welcoming and informative, daily info board on what's on in Austin for that day. Nice location. Kitchen was cramped but breakfast good. There needs to be an extra bathroom and shower hooks, and there was a plumbing issue when I stayed you had to use 711 next door, think management needs to get into the landlord for that as reviews seem like ongoing issue. These things happen so basically besides the plumbing it was a good stay.

We don't usually get bad reviews on our WiFi - so sorry you had issues. Our brand new kitchen is up and running for full service. We have started to take great strides in alleviating the issues our older building can experience. Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you again soon!

Everyone on staff was helpful and personable for my full nine-day stay.

Awesome location!! Next to the university, so lots of cheap places to eat and drink around. Also great atmosphere, lots of travelers. Not very clean, and one shared bathroom for 16 people is somewhat inconvenient. I also stayed at HK Hostel - facilities there were (much) better, and house itself was a lot prettier, but in terms of atmosphere, Drifter Jack's wins.

Thanks for the good review. Yes, the bathrooms are shared but never more than 12 people and we also have a public bathroom available for those crunch times. Our location, atmosphere, staff and security are what makes us the best hostel in Austin. See you again soon!

Such a great hostel! I only stayed here one night and was bummed I couldn't stay longer. Friendly staff people, great location - I'll definitely be staying here every time I'm in Austin!

Amazing hostel. So friendly. Super fun. Awesome staff members. Fun activities. Very safe and secure. Good location...could be closer but there is a bus to downtown. Would be nice if they had some sort of protein for breakfast (eggs or peanut butter). Really easy to meet people. Plenty of fun international travelers come through here.

Excellent staff!

• 29th Sep 2015

Staff was great, very welcoming and helpful. Loved the unique artwork. Would highly recommend this hostel.

• 24th Sep 2015

I stayed here for a couple weeks and I had a great time. All the staff were great, friendly and full of info ready to help. The location is great and also has free parking, which is super convenient since the area is more pedestrian and bicycle friendly. whether you want to sightsee or just rage for a weekend I would definitely recommend staying here

Although the location isn't perfect, everything else is great. Awesome staff with great recommendations. Great facilities. And far and away the most comfy beds and pillows I've had in a hostel.

Thanks for the great review! We kinda of like not being downtown and with 5 buses picking up in front of the hostel every hour there are lots of transportation options. And YES our beds!! We get that a lot. So glad you enjoyed your stay. When will you be back?! Safe travels.

This is a fine place (and so near the Megabus drop off!). I'll come here again.

Everything was great! And the location was perfect.