Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

It's an artistic little hostel near University of Texas. Friendly staff. Moderately clean. Great location. Lots of artwork. No one ate my food - so all around a good stay.

This hostel was amazing! It definitely ranks up there with some of the hostels I've stayed at in Australia, New Zealand, and various countries in Europe. I'm always skeptical of American hostels because the backpacker lifestyle isn't as much of a culture here as it is everywhere else, but damn did this place exceed all expectations. I'll be visiting Austin again in a few months and this is now my go-to place to stay! (:

• 9th Mar 2015

fun place, friendly people, great staff

• 6th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Thomas is amazing!

This place was perfect. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was comfortable and having a good time. The walls are lined with amazing art. The hostel is in a fantastic location that is so close to a lot of attractions. We met a lot of awesome people and had a great time for the 5 nights we stayed here. Unforgettable experience. I would recommend it to anybody.

• 28th Feb 2015

Great friendly vibe with staff keen to have a chat, share advice, and even have a few drinks with you. Saturday night BBQ was a highlight, easy to make mates to hit the town with later on. In terns of meeting people and exploring Austin, this is the place to be!

• 20th Feb 2015

It was awesome.

• 13th Feb 2015

Met some friends, saw some blues, had a great time

• 3rd Feb 2015

It's a nice hostel and not far from center. but it can be hard to take a shower, one bathroom shared with 2 dorms (12 people) is a challenge.

Nice little hostel. Close to the university and lot of small eateries. Right on the capital metro route. I loved the common room. Plenty of vibes. Unlike other hostels I 've seen in the US, the crowd is young. I 'd recommend this to a friend.

The staff were especially caring, kind and helpful. Thank you!

• 30th Dec 2014

Good , a few bars around, not much parking. Would return.

- Hostel really needs a proper stove and element for cooking in the kitchen. - Its weird having to share your bathroom between two rooms, as you have to remember to lock both doors every time. However the staff are very good if you need to find a vacant bathroom they will help. -There was a slight confusion with rooms on my second night, however the staff were really good at fixing it up very quickly and ensuring no one lost out. - get a free drink each night at the local pub!!

Each group of two rooms shares a common bathroom, so sometimes there is too high a demand, but there is a social friendly ambiance so I didn't mind. There's a comfortable common living room as well as the kitchen for sharing stories and getting to know fellow travelers.

Shower pressure is terrible. No stove in kitchen. Breakfast offerings were a joke. Dirty kitchen. I would NOT stay there again. I have stayed in over 20 hostels in US and Canada and this is the first hostel that I would not recommend. "FREE" parking is hard yo get.

Drifer Jack's was my first hostel experience and it has set an incredibly high bar for all other hostels I may stay. From the moment I stepped through their quaint entrance I was greeted by the most friendly staff a person could ask for. I was given travel advice, sites to see, and my inquisitive nature was more than satiated as every person who worked there (include the really cool owner) were open to sitting down with me and sharing a drink while sharing stories. Best hostel in Austin!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Just dislike the connected restroom to two room and its small so you hear everything noise. but overall its very awesome and the Staff are very Epic! :)

1 2 Next » last »