Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

I felt several of the staff didn't seem that enthusiastic to be working here, though others were great and really helpful. It seemed pretty quiet without much atmosphere, but that may have just been the timing of when I stayed.

Old school hostel quality, good beds, decent showers, awesome people (working and visiting alike). Austin is a great place to be, Drifter Jack's a great place to stay while being.

Far from 6th st. Very shady bldg, No Kitchen. 1 washer and dryer which is occupied most of the time. Not to forget there is jus 1 bathroom for every 2 rooms, which didn't make any sense paying for a 6 bed, when 12 use the shower. The only good thing was the staff, except the skinny guy in the morning.

Great vibe, location, staff! Easy walk from Megabus stop.

Great atmosphere and staff. Daily activities and clean hostel. Was a quiet time when I was there with not many other travelers but more is very lively when there are more people there.

The best hostel I have ever been to! Great people, great atmosphere, and a great time!

• 13th Jul 2014

The hostel was great, the beds were comfortable and sheets were clean. There is a basin in every room that makes life a little easier. Staff are friendly and helpful. There is an excellent Wifi service available. There are plenty of exciting hostel activities organised for every day of the week for anyone interested. The hostel gives a more comfortable feeling than mostro.. The only downside is that there is one shower/bathroom split between two dorm rooms, definitely requires more.

• 1st Jul 2014

This is a well priced and spacious hostel, located close to the University and some good bars/food but pretty far from the action downtown. The atmosphere is brought down by the staff - there is one lovely guy but the rest we encountered were curt and rude.

Close to university so there are plenty of shops and bars around. Rooms are great and beds are comfy as! Thanks for a great stay

I don't want to talk bad and I enjoyed my stay at the Drifter Jack's Hostel the most of the time, but my welcome wasn't that nice and I had Problems getting my key. But I met awesome People, which made my stay wonderful!

It was Nice atmosphere the beds were shaky but nice blanket, I didn't like the bathroom. 1 bathroom between 2 rooms. So often lock because someone forgets to unlock it.

The building is to small for the amount of people staying there. No kitchen, only one dryer and washer could never use them. No one on counter from 12-7am, always had loud music playing and staff not all so helpful. The common room is open 24/7 not far when the only private room joins and drunk people are screaming at 4am and don't care if you ask nicely to be quite. Rules should be highly enforced. Location 30min walk to town and the building is hard to find. Not the greatest place to stay

A really nice and clean hostel. Recommend it! I would stay here again...

Great atmosphere amongst everyone staying here

Really enjoyed my stay at Drifter Jacks! I'd especially recommend it if you're doing anything near the University!

A slightly more advanced kitchen, eg a stove would be good and some communal restrooms rather than just the ones between the dorm rooms would be good. It's a new hostel so these teething problems will be sorted out anyway. That said, the social atmosphere, staff and general vibe of the place are the best I've encountered while being in the USA. Couldn't recommend more highly.

My needs are basic. This place was clean and safe. In the end, that's what mostly matters, so I recommend staying here. Pros- Staff was very helpful, they had a laundry machine and dryer, beds are comfy, parking (but this was also a con) Cons- This is the only hostel in Austin with parking. But they only have 4 parking spots available in a cramped alley! They play indie music all day in the background. For some this is a plus, for me it was just annoying.

• 26th May 2014

Drifter Jacks was in a great, laid back location located close to the university and lots of cheap eats. Once you figure out the bus system, its really easy to get to anywhere you need. Some of the staff were much more helpful than others.

1 2 Next » last »