Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

Good place

• 16th Apr 2015

The staff were awesome, the place was brightly decorated and clean, the beds were comfy. I absolutely would go there again.

• 10th Apr 2015

Over priced

• 4th Apr 2015

I had a WHOLE night trying to sleep, since the noise from kitchen, was NON STOP! Anyways, i was in a hostel, and i though i should respect peoples excitement of traveling and meeting people. Once the noise got very, but VERY close to me, things started to get out of control! I decided to leave in the middle of the night, YES! The staff, could not help, told me to sleep in the couch, but thanks god, one of the manager could help me! Yes they were very careful to make sure i was ok.

I don't recommend parking there the slots are SUPER SMALL! When i left i realized that one of the employees(she) in a white car hit my back end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't spend a lot of my time at the hostel, but overall I had a great stay and would recommend staying at this hostel. The bed was clean and the rooms were quiet enough to sleep when I needed to.

I was there during SXSW so a very busy time, met some cool people, got good sleep. Shared bathroom use wasn't an issue! The whiteboard with suggested gigs was a nice touch & they played some of my favourite songs over breakfast one morning! Staff seem fairly understanding & accommodating when I made an accident with the booking, which was appreciated.

It's an artistic little hostel near University of Texas. Friendly staff. Moderately clean. Great location. Lots of artwork. No one ate my food - so all around a good stay.

This hostel was amazing! It definitely ranks up there with some of the hostels I've stayed at in Australia, New Zealand, and various countries in Europe. I'm always skeptical of American hostels because the backpacker lifestyle isn't as much of a culture here as it is everywhere else, but damn did this place exceed all expectations. I'll be visiting Austin again in a few months and this is now my go-to place to stay! (:

• 9th Mar 2015

fun place, friendly people, great staff

• 6th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Thomas is amazing!

1 2 3 Next » last »