Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

This is easily one of the best hostels I've been to. The staff are really cool young people who work hard and are easy to get along with if you are normal. The location is right in the college town area and next to a lot of great food options as well as the University. The place is cleaned everyday and pretty clean. You can party, watch a movie, meet people, or take it easy in the common area. The vibe here is very good considering the mix of people and I will definitely visit again.

BLUSH Thanks for the great review. We take pride in offering a friendly, social and clean hostel experience for our guests. We can't wait until you return!

great hostel, only downside is there are no cooking facilities in the kitchen other than a microwave

Thanks for the great review. We have a BRAND NEW full service kitchen. We are so excited to offer this to our guests - we know how important it is for budget traveling. Hopefully we will see you again - we'll even cook you a nice meal! Safe and happy travels.

a good central hostel

The staff was lovely, eager, and extremely helpful. They even gave me a wake-up call so I could catch my bus out of town. The rooms were a little tight, but for the money c'mon... you get what you pay for. The facility was clean enough. A sure bet for the under 25 crowd. A little rowdy at night for the thirty and up crowd. But that's all probably seasonal. A free beer token for the Hole in the Wall bar nearby is definitely a major plus for most.

As near to the perfect hostel as I have ever found (the ratio of showers to guest being slightly lower than I would like being the only slight flaw). This is a hostel that has a real quirky, friendly atmosphere. It's a great place to meet people with organised events, BBQs, free drinks at the local bar and an outside pool table. The staff are first class genuinely friendly and with great local knowledge - they make you feel welcome and at home. I fully intend to say again and fully recommend!

First class guests are so important to the hostel vibe so thank you for staying with us and being great. When are you coming back?!

Absolutely loved Drifter Jacks, would definitely stay again if I come back to the area. Austin is a very cool city, lots to see and do, the hostel staff, particularly Thomas were very helpful and friendly :)

• 23rd Aug 2015

Great, friendly hostel in a great neighbourhood, although a car was useful to getting to other good parts of Austin. Awesome atmosphere and staff were exceptional - we had so much fun here. Everything was very clean - the sharing bathrooms between two dorms was slightly inconvenient, although staff were always super helpful if you got locked out or in finding another one if someone was in there for ages! There's always someone on reception which was great. Would definitely recommend.

One of the best hostels we stayed in - there was a good atmosphere, the staff were dead on and everything else seemed fine.

I had a wonderful time! Drifter Jack's is an amazing, welcoming environment where it's so easy to meet new people and make the most of Austin.

• 19th Aug 2015

Drifter Jack's is a great hostel. It is clean, tidy and well located. The beds are comfy and there are plenty of bathrooms. It's less than one minutes walk to the main road where you can hop on a bus to explore Austin. The staff are super friendly and helpful. They work hard to make sure you enjoy your stay. The breakfast is great - waffles, toast, fruit and hot drinks. The free daily drink in the bar is an added bonus and is a great way to help people socialize.

• 16th Aug 2015

Loved it there. I totally would recommend staying there!

Easily the best hostel I stayed in in America, the staff couldn't have been friendlier and the hostel is always in pristine condition!

1 2 3 Next » last »