Drifter Jack's Hostel Reviews

2602 Guadalupe St., Austin, USA

The bus stop is 2 feet from the hostel and there is a 7/11 where there are plenty of snakes when necessary. Overall I like it. The only problem is the bunk beds are too small. I am 5 ft 9 and I hit my head on the top of the bunk beds. Be warned... The bunkbeds suck. Besides that I love it. Good price, good people and will be coming back again.

• 18th Feb 2014

Very impressed! Well operated Hostel in a very cool part of Austin-away from the ever present noise etc of 6th street. Lots of places to eat in the area,you also are within walking distance to stores,banks,Starbucks and a few local neighborhood style bars. The bus is right outside which can bring you to downtown Austin area and south congress etc..It is just over a mile away. I would highly recommend this establishment to people looking for a quality Hostel in Austin at very reasonable rates.

• 17th Feb 2014

I didn't stay for long but I loved the free breakfast and the comforter was very warm. I didn't like the connecting bathroom between a male room and a female room, but there is a way to ensure no one accidently walks in on you. It's a hostel that takes on the college atmosphere from UT.

This place is a winner. Great people, chill vibe, comfortable beds. It's a hostel for people who know and love what hosteling is all about, and isn't that what hosteling is all about? Infinite stars. Will return. Will recommend.

• 5th Feb 2014