Drop Bear Hostel Reviews

Carrera 21 Numero 20 36, Barrio Jardin, Santa Marta, Colombia

This hostel was so welcoming! I used it as a base to do lots of other two day treks leaving my belongings here locked up! The staff are so friendly and the pool is so clean and the atmosphere is chilled and yet party like at the same time! It is a little out of town but I liked that and the bus is every two mins and costs 1400COP! Great hostel!!

We had fantastic stay. It's a taxi ride to the city centre and decent restaurants but it's near a big supermarket and a great spot to get to everywhere else. The staff were extremely informative, keen to help and they also serve meals. Oh and the pool tops it all off. A top shelf hostel!

Beautiful house with excellent facilities. Well equipped kitchen. Comfortable movie room with more movies than you know what to do with. Pool is beautiful and a lifesaver for the santa marta scorch. They have an amazing giant swinging hammock. Pool table and pingpong as well as lots of pub games giant jenga, flip cup. The hostel has some crazy nights, but you can find your quiet area easy enough as the hostel is huge. The collectivos from Tayrona Palomino and Minca are a 2 min walk from the door

The Drop Bear is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. The pool was very clean, which is always nice. There are plenty of hammocks and places to lounge and meet other travelers. The staff was friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend staying here.

Great hostel, great staff, the owner is a top bloke with plenty of helpful tips.. Was not overly busy. Great hostel to relax by the pool or in a hammock..

Great hostel with great atmosphere

• 28th Jul 2014

One of the best hostels? Maybe in the '90s? Showers in the garage were terrible, but then again, the shower that is nothing more than a drip of water in the dorm is a joke too. Location is way too far from the actual town. No airconditioning in the room which is essential in this heat. Girl at the desk was nice though.

Yes we are one of the best hostels, thanks! You & your friend however were possibly some of worst customers we've had though, complaining from the second you walked in the door, demanding $2 discounts before you'd even checked in. Then complaining about people talking too loud at 8pm. We went out of our way for you both because you aren´t really backpackers & are a little older. Our showers work perfectly well, and we do have air conditioned rooms, you just didn't want to pay extra for it.

An absolutely great place to chill. I loved it, the staff was amazing,super friendly and helpful. Located out of the town centre ( 20 mins walk), but few blocks away from supermarket and 4 km from Taganga its a great place to relax before heading off to the Tyrona! Organic coffee can be bought here too.The only thing: communal showers could be with a bit of more cleaning. But other than that just perfect. One of the nicest hostels I stayed in South America and the only ex cartel villa.superb

Overall best hostel in Sant Marta!! I stayed in Santa Marta, Colombia for 2 weeks at multiple hostels including The Brisa Loca, Dreamer, and Drop Bear. The Drop Bear Hostel was by far the best. Staff was very friendly, facility was extremly clean, and the BAR & POOL area was AMAZING!! The house has a long Colombian history that the owner does a great job of explaining. Great location in the center of Santa Marta it was easy access to Tayrona Park, Minca, Taganga, and beautiful beaches.

Had a great time at the Drop Bear. Was a perfect place to enjoy world cup football, relax by the pool and indulge in some tasty beverages. Staff were helpful and set me up with a great scuba company to get PADI certified. Beds were comfortable and the breeze through the room allowed for easy sleeping.

I came to Drop Bear with a group of friends, 8 total, and we had a great time! The hostel was a little quiet during our stay but we made it lively. We were perfectly happy with the facilities (clean and comfortable) and we especially loved drinking a beer by the pool at night and enjoying 'la brisa loca.' The staff were so nice and really helpful, especially with planning our trip to Parque Tayrona. I would absolutely recommend this hostel and plan to come back again soon :)

The hostel itself is beautiful and the staff are excellent. Well equipped with everything you need. The atmosphere always seems to be happening, had a rowdy crowd when I was there but if that's what you're into then you'll love it

This is one of the best hostels I have been to. The pool area was great to relax, and the bar was a lot of fun. Very easy to meet people here. The staff was helpful and gave us ideas on how to get to Minca and to Tayrona. We had a private room, which was big with a nice fan.

Great hostel, great bar and happy hour, not sure why it's not that busy. Great pool and free mangos

Staff were really friendly and helpful. A good base from which to explore Tayrona. Lots of space in the dorms, all the rooms are a really good size!

Cool hostel with an amazing history