Drop Bear Hostel Reviews

Carrera 21 Numero 20 36, Barrio Jardin, Santa Marta, Colombia

nice and clean hostel with a big pool. unfortunately, it is a little bit far away from the beach and the center. the girl at the reception should focus more on her work because when I wanted to pick up my laundry after more than 24 hours we found it still dirty in a corner of the reception

• 18th Mar 2015

Great place, big pool, had a great stay. Loved the large open dorms which weren't crammed with bunk beds.

So many open and relaxing spaces here. The pool, lounge, bar, and rooms felt like I was a guest in a family home. Not too much of a party crowd which is perfect for testing before or after PNN Tayrona!

We only stayed one night. Our private room was huge. The pool was great, staff was informative, no breakfast though :/ Location was kind of out of the way in Santa Marta also.

Pool was great and restaurant was delicious

awesome hostel. wifi goes in and out of connection, but otherwise awesome

Amazing everything you could need, I will be coming back !!

Great hostel in a somewhat out of the way location. It takes at least 20 minutes to get into the centre of Santa Marta but staff are friendly and on hand to advise where to catch relevant buses (nearby) to all local attractions, including Tayrona National Park. The pool is a great feature of the hostel and all rooms appear clean, spacious and well maintained.

For such a big hostel, staff needs to be on top of keeping it clean. The kitchen, and bathrooms are pretty disgusting, mostly because of the people who use them, but staff needs to do their rounds and clean overflowing wastebins full of shitwipe, or plugged sinks. Loud music, kinda sucks when trying to sleep due to a flight or activity early the next morning. Pool was nice, tv room nice.

Soooo much love for this hostel. Booked for 1 night...stayed for 7. Super helpful and friendly staff, chilled AND fun atmosphere, they have all the facilities you could possibly need (this makes it hard to leave!) It's clean, it's safe and I know it sounds cheesy but it felt just like home! 😊

A very nice hostel! We really enjoyed our stay here. It has a nice vibe and good facilities!

Had a great stay at Drop Bear! I needed a place to stay for before and after my trip to Ciudad Perdida and it was perfect. I was able to store all of my luggage safely and the tour company provided transport to and from the hostel. Also a really nice place to chill out and have a beer. I live pretty close by so I will be back!

• 7th Jan 2015

Best hostel we stayed in during our time in Colombia. Great atmosphere if you want to meet people and party but also lots of space if you are just there to chill out. Very accommodating in terms of letting you leave your bags whilst you go do the Lost City trek or spend a couple of days at Tayrona . Gabe the owner is a really good guy and I would (and have already) recommend this place to anyone. Top Marks!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Fun place to stay. Gets a little bit loud so not the best place to get a ton of sleep. The owner was very friendly and very helpful. One tiny issue was that we gave them a load of laundry and all our clothes came back dyed yellow.

Great hostel with a lot of amenities, common areas, bar, pool, lots of activities, very social place.

Great pool that is in the sunshine for most of the day, nice bar and quite sociable. However, showers aren't the best and the restaurant in the hostel is closed for a large part of the day.

Hi, thanks for your comments. We agree, our showers could be better, we are trying to improve this. We'll be happy to give you a free night if you come back this way. We only close the kitchen from 2.30pm to 6pm when most people have already eaten and are outside doing their day trips and visiting the city centre. We appreciate your feedback.

Great spacious location with affordable prices. Movie/game room, pool, bar etc. great opportunities to meet other travelers. Minor drawback was that it was a bit farther from the city center (5000 CP$ cab ride).

Not much to complain about the hostel, very friendly staff, nice bar and pool. It's just the city itself that sucks.... But if you just want to relax or if you need a place to stay for tayrona (free storage) it's perfect!!

Awesome Hostel! The staff there were really helpful! Great facilities, drinks and food!

Thanks Kelli, was a pleasure having you here mate :)

Best hostel of 3 months in South America. Had heard good things about this place through the grapevine and my first impression on arriving was what's all the hype about. But When you settle in you will love it. So many people were there for weeks just chilling out. It's like a resort in a way. Great cheap food cooked there. Relaxed Nice staff. House has so much character Spacious dorms. Nice pool. Best movie room I've seen. Just a really nice vibe over all. I could have stayed for months!