Drop Bear Hostel Reviews

Carrera 21 Numero 20 36, Barrio Jardin, Santa Marta, Colombia

Honestly best hostel iv stayed at on my year long travels. Dorms are huge, movie room with net flicks and a couch to fit about 20 people, the bar that looks out to the pool was a hoot many great nights spent in there.It has a resturant with great cheap food and a kitchen for cooking your own as well. Hammok area to relax this place is massive it has it all. Staff are supper friendly and extremely helpful with anything you need , an all round great stay and I'll be back for sure !

Fantastic hostel with a great atmosphere. Had a huge tv room to relax in, pool and also a bar. Great place to base yourself for seeing all the sights nearby. Staff are helpful, friendly and a lot of fun. Definitely will recommend this hostel to others!

• 15th Oct 2015

this hostel has a lot of potential, bathrooms are in need of some improvement, showers are horrible, the cook and food are really good, my private room was inside a communal room behind the bar which was noisy, the room has poor ventilation (small high windows).. i don't know if would recommend this place to anybody probably if it get fixed i will

Great place to stay staff friendly and always something to do there, best hostel in santa marta

• 11th Oct 2015

Ricardo is a legend but bar staff not fantastic, need to be more inclusive of guests. Pool table needs fixing and aircon in private rooms

Overall positive stay at Drop Bear. The staff was absolutely awesome...couldn't have been more helpful. The building is really cool and big, lots of things to do there. Wifi was decently fast. The only thing is that there was Top 40 music playing the entire day - the building is structured around the pool where the music is coming from, so there is literally no where you can go to escape it. Could be good for most travelers, but I wanted somewhere quieter. Overall still a good hostel

Awesome hostel! The staff are really friendly and helpful, the common areas are nice and big with lots to do. We liked the location as it is out of the hustle bustle but not to far out that you can't pop down into the historical centre. Beers always cold which is must for us ☺ Thanks for having us guys, who knows, we might return for a 4th time!

Nice hostel, well located for diving in taganga and making trips to the surrounding areas. 10min walk to a large supermarket and decent kitchen to cook in. Place was very busy and the bar/music was loud on the Friday night of our 3 night stay but not sure whether that was a big group or a regular Friday thing. It was fine the other 2 nights.

I came to Santa Marta for Ciudad Perdida (which was great). The company that I booked it through knew exactly where Drop Bear was when they picked me up/dropped me off, which made things easy for me. Drop Bear is a bit away from the center, so not ideal for exploring the town, as there are other hostels much closer. With that said, the rates are fair, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the pool is comfortable.

Everything you need. Good atmosphere. Staff are extremely helpful with organizing tours and helping out in general. Totally recommend it.

Great chill out areas and good atmosphere at Drop Bear. Big pool that was nice to sit by in the hot weather. Friendly staff and an on site bar. Location is a little out of the centre but we knew that when we booked and isn't an issue - cheap taxi or bus to town center

I was only here for two nights and had earlyish nights both times due to a long day at Tayrona (the bus can be caught on the main road about 5 minutes walk away). I was worried about the noise keeping me awake given some of the other reviews, but this was not the case. There is a social bar and pool area and a big chill out/movie area but this is by no means a party hostel, just a good sociable one. Good cheap food available as well. No complaints.

I loved it! The overall atmosphere, the size of the place, the movie room and the self-serve kitchen made it for me one of the best stay in Colombia! Thanks to Gabe the owner who is so accomodating!

• 27th Aug 2015

I stayed at The Drop Bear for a total of around five nights coming in and out of Santa Marta. It is a very spacious, relaxed hostel with some pretty cool amenities like a swimming pool, ping pong and pool table, and a movie viewing area with tons of flicks to choose from. There is also a bar and a full service kitchen serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My only critique is the location. There is very little else in the area and it's about a ten minute cab ride to bars and restaurants.

great place to stay. very friendly staff and helpful. clean rooms and bathrooms. good atmosphere. internet connection was ok, it didnt work sometimes. great pool

Friendly staff that was helpful to plan trips around the surrounding areas. Sent me to oscars place in Minca and loved it

• 20th Aug 2015