Drop Bear Inn Reviews

115 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia

Lovely hostel with a good atmosphere. Bit noisy from time to time during night time, but not too much though.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Finland

the place is too old staff very friendly

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

No information about the city on arrival. There is a bar in the hostel do you cant drink your own and no discounts or anything for the bar so 8$ beers. And no breakfast But the beds are clean and rooms are tidy and warm and unlimited free wifi.

Nice place to stay, very clean and the bathrooms are new, showers are good. Heaters in the bedrooms made it nice and warm. Kitchen looked good but we didn't use it. The main door was locked but the door to upstairs was propped open and the room door was too. I didn't feel like the place wasn't safe though. It's a less than 5 min walk to one tram stop and about 20 minutes into the city. Overall nice place to stay and I would've stayed longer if I had more time in Melbourne.

The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is good - everyone greets and talk to each other. But most people staying here want to drink every night and seem to smoke weed( they don't smoke in the hostel but up the road). The place is pretty rough and ready but liveable. There's free tea and coffee but when it runs out, it takes a while before it's filled again and you have to have your own milk. The bedrooms are freezing in the winter! No heaters in case drunk people kick them over.

The staff of Drop Bear Inn is super friendly!! I stayed there only for 2 days and I loved it! It's really close to the CBD and directly next to South Melbourne Market. The facilities (especially the bathrooms) are really good and everything is clean! :) It's quite small and there are a lot of long termers so it feels like coming into a little family ^^ I can highly recommend staying at Drop Bear Inn! :)

• 20th Jun 2015

The staff here are friendly and lively and helpful. The people here treat each other like family. The bathrooms are some of the cleanest I've seen at hostels - they are cleaned every day. There is free food nights on Wednesday and a pub quiz right after. It's one of the biggest kitchens I've seen at a hostel. It even has an oven! The hostel can be cold as there is not always heat in the rooms. On some of the music nights it can be disruptive if you want to sleep.

So nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always so nice to have someone enjoy their time so much. We are having heaters installed as soon as they arrive from the distributer, however we can appreciate whilst we wait some rooms are a little chilly. Glad you were able to enjoy our free meal night and pub quiz. Always a good laugh and i will be sure to pass onto our cleaners your kind words. Hope to see you again one day. Safe travels Mel.