Dublin International (YHA) Reviews

61 Mountjoy Street, Dublin, Ireland

Very pleased with my stay. I make an annual trip to Ireland and always book here. As always I enjoy the breakfast experience here.

Its a nice hostel with benches around the back it was nice staying somewhere with a bit of a garden to relax in. The staff seemed nice and quiet and didn't bother you. the location of it is around 20mins walking to centre which I didn't mind. the breakfast was ok.

The staff was friendly, but some of the things we wantet to know they did´nt, but any local citisen or just the internet knew.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The faucets were a bit of a pain because you kept having to push the taps for water, especially during a shower. The building is quite old, so it looks unclean, but there were daily cleaners in to keep the facilities clean. Lots of teenagers when I was there and they were running around a lot. The location itself is great, 10 min walk to o'connell street. Love that it had parking. Price was reasonable. Some staff were enthused to help you, some were not.

Excellent, professional, well-trained staff.

• 11th Jul 2014

Like many large YHAs, the hostel doesn't really have a backpacker feel to it, which can make the atmosphere a bit sterile for solo travellers. No power sockets in the dorm room was also an inconvenience. It is however very spacious and clean.

• 11th Jul 2014

Had a lovely stay in Dublin International. The staff were lovely and very helpful, the rooms were clean and the breakfast served in the converted chapel was really cool. A great base from which to explore the city and fantastic value for money!

• 8th Jul 2014

The bathrooms were pretty dirty and gross. The wifi stopped working the first night we were there and it wasn't fixed until after we left. Some of the showers you had to hold the button for water the entire time. The water was ice cold at first and then scalding hot. We were basically sleeping on tablecloths because there was no fitted sheet. A week later we paid about the same price per night for two budget hotel rooms.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very nice place and excellent staff, I only have problems with the wifi

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Security:Most of the lockers in the dorm (room no 300, I think) didn´t have locks on them, so one couldn´t lock ones things in there. It would be great to have that possibility. Location:The location was actually not very bad, just 11 pm in the evening The last part of the road to the hostel was a very dark road and worn out road and I wasn´t sure how long I had to walk there. Atmosphere:Fantastic!!! The livingroom in the entry, very clean, the place for breakfast(church) and that it is for free

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The showers were very dirty and absolutely no place to put your stuff, wifi not working during all my stay at the hostel. However the security was very good. Averything esle was average.

• 27th Jun 2014

the water in the showers upstairs were pretty cold. Last winter was the same story.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Spain

The beds are extremely uncomfortable, and the rooms smelled -- I get that the rooms won't smell great as I've stayed in hostels all over Europe, but the ones here were awful. The lack of outlets in the room forced us (and other tenants) to crowd in the lobby to use the outlets there. Further, the furniture in the lobby was very worn and used. The one thing that pleasantly surprised me was the breakfast, which wasn't half bad.

• 9th Jun 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and make your next stay a more enjoyable one. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

It's a nice place for the money you spend. A little outside the popular area to party in Dublin, so if you want to do a lot of that, be prepared to walk a ways or take a taxi. The showers are annoying. 5 sec push buttons. I just kept my hand on it the whole time I showered basically. The staff is helpful abd the breakfast is pretty average, but it's included so it's a definite plus. You can also store your stuff there if you are taking a couple free days out and them coming back to it.

• 8th Jun 2014

The hostel was very clean and the atmosphere was friendly and warm. We had a great time there with all the facilities like the self-catering kitchen. The only thing that was a little bit surprising was the fee we had to pay for storing our luggage at the hostel after check-out.

• 8th Jun 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I spent quite some time, along with several other gals hunting for the shower, only to find ONE shower stall for the entire floor !!!!!!! Not happy bout that one.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you had trouble finding the bathrooms. If you had contacted reception they would have been able to help you find the quickest route from your room to the bathroom. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and make your next stay a more enjoyable one. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Fantastic hostel. Only drawback was the limited number of powerpoints.

There was only one charter per room. Breakfast es good ando everything was clean.

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I thought it was great. My only complaint would be that the showers were cold in the bathroom I used. On the last night i finally went to the other bathroom on my floor and found that the shower was nice and warm!

• 31st May 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Thank you for bringing the shower issue to our attention we will have maintenance review it immediately. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and make your next stay an even more enjoyable one. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

It's a huge hostel with a lot of guests, and the staff aren't very helpful. Most don't speak English very we'll. a lot of the guests were older, even some families. bathrooms were kind of grimy and minimal and you have to hold down the shower button the whole time to keep the water going. Wifi worked for me in the ro. Free breakfast was a big plus, very cool dining area and you didn't have to wash your own dishes. Location was far from city center but doable.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and make your second stay a better one. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4