Dublin International (YHA) Reviews

61 Mountjoy Street, Dublin, Ireland

I've stayed in over 1000 hostels world wide and this is in the top 10%. Good value for city centre location. Secure parking was a GOD SEND with us all travelling on motorcycles. Breakfast is good and plentiful and you can eat up to 11am which is AFTER checkout. Handy !! My only negative is the showers and toilets are dated and there is nowhere to put your clothes or a place to change when showing. Not even a bench or chair. SORT IT OUT . It's ridiculous

Generally fine. Main problem issue was having to go along corridor then downstairs and along another one to ladies toilet as our 3 rd floor only had a mens facility and vice versa Not fun at night and as there was man in there who was showering and presumably couldnt be bothered to go all the way upstairs to the gents. Silly only having loos and showers for one gender on each floor.They need splitting or making formally unisex so.people know to stay dressed in communal area of washroom.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Besides the cool history of the building, this was probably the most unclean hostel I've stayed in. I was in the girl's only dorm and most of the girls must have been there for months -- clothes, old dirty dishes, makeup, etc. EVERYWHERE. The only available locker for me to use that wasn't piled with a ton of things was broken, so I worried about the security of my important items all night when I went out. Staff was very nice, breakfast was decent. Didn't even bother showering.

• 27th Jun 2015

Good location easy walk into centre Dublin

• 20th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

All god mate

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

no plugs in the dorm

The hostel, at the time of my visit, seemed to mostly focus on serving three kinds of clientele: a) young children; b) middle aged travellers; and c) young men out to party. As I don't belong to any of these demographics I did not find the atmosphere particularly enjoyable. (I visited this hostel in 2008 and found that it was very much a place to meet other people in their 20's and 30's). There were also some minor but annoying maintenance issues, i.e. no towels, broken drier, hot water outage.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, The hostel caters for all ages young and old, it was unfortunate at the time of your visit that there was nobody for you to meet, the demograhic changes on a daily basis. The maintenance issues that happened during your stay have been rectified. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and make your next stay a more enjoyable one. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel.

One the most terrible hostels I've never been in my life ! The staff is nice and helpful, but the building is old and dirty, far from the center, and the self catering kitchen is at the end of a long maze of corridors and steps, with very few utensils, which anyway you have to take from the reception and give a 5 euro guarantee for this (!), it's the first time I see this in a hostel ! I do not recommend this hostel in Dublin, there are other ones more modern, clean and comfortable I assume.

The facilities need to be remodeled completely - fast!

Hi I stayed 2 days in the YHA, international youth hostel in Dublin. Dublin is such a nice city!! With a lot of stores, nices caffees, bars and places/ parks, to be. The youth hostel is very big. There are a lot of different rooms and places to read a book, sit down together, cook something or watch tv. They also have a billard room and wifi. The beds are also very comfortable, not like in other youth hostel. Just the school class was pretty loud, screaming and jumping around till late evening.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for taking the time to comment, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again were we would hope your stay would be as enjoyable as the first(minus the noisy school children). Best regards, Dublin International Hostel.

The showers are awful! You have to keep pushing a bottom in order to have water. I have a lot of hair and I couldn't wash it properly because I could use just one hand. This is not a good strategy if one intend to save water because as I couldn't I wash it properly I have spend double of the time in the shower. Pushing the shower bottom over and over again.

• 31st May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to comment, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. The showers and taps were designed to save water but I can understand it can be difficult to wash if you keep having to push the button. We are hoping to upgrade our bathrooms in the near future, so hopefully if you return to the hostel you will be able to enjoy a better shower. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel

The standard of cleanliness in the toilet area was appalling. The receptacles in the women's toilets were overflowing when we arrived and still hadn't been emptied when we left the following day. The showers need an immediate upgrade. The beds were hard. The level of noise in the hostel was constant throughout the night, mainly from banging doors which are almost impossible to shut quietly. I cancelled a further booking . Having stayed at many hostels I consider this hostel the worst.

• 31st May 2015
  • New Zealand

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Best regards, Dublin International Hostel.

Not a luxurious hostel but clean and quiet. Bathrooms and showers are communal (ie in one room) but warm, clean and ok. Location is brilliant - very central - and staff very helpful. Breakfast was included which was great.

• 30th May 2015

Many thanks for your coments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel

Someone took my bed without any notice. I came back late in night to find out my bed was taken. It was an unpleasant experience.

• 29th May 2015
  • South Korea

Room was very hot and it wasn't that warm outside also I recommend you take your own pillow. The ones supplied were small and thin. Breakfast here was very good, cereal and toast all you can eat, tea and coffe, nice room/church to eat in. Didn't cook any thing in kitchen but it looked good. Not too far a walk in to city about 10 mins to the spire. Free parking a plus.

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that availing of some of our free facilities helped you to enjoy your stay here in the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel.

All uphill walking from the Main Street (O'Connell) which had all the food/pubs that I was interested in. Fairly far from zoo, Guinness storehouse, other main attractions. Hostel itself was nice and well maintained. Only issue for me was the snoring war that took place between some of the other residents each night.

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel.

The overall hostel is not too bad at all, just a note about the toilets that are alot faraway from the rooms and my own locker was kind of broken and I never managed to lock it down, other that this really amazing hostel to me!

Thanks for taking the time to comment, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to loook after you again. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel.

No towels and the room and the bath room was dirty..

• 23rd May 2015

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the hostel. Should you return to dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel.

The general atmosphere of the hostel was fine. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were helpful. We had 3issues. 1. The room for 2 was ackward as the bed(s) was a bunk bed. The room was quite dingy though clean. 2. The area around the hostel was quite run down 3. The shuttle bus to the airport arrived half an hour later than scheduled.

• 21st May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for taking the time to comment, We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again and hopefully make this stay issue free. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel.

Overall did not enjoy my stay here. It wasn't very clean, specifically the bathrooms and kitchen. The showers were cold and had low pressure. The kitchen smelled like food that had gone off and didnt have many pots/pans available to use. Staff greeted me with the bare minimum. Also, my 6 bed dorm only had one outlet, and while rooms had standard card key doors the "lockers" beside the beds made a huge racket and didnt really lock at all - even using my own lock it was easy to open the door.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, We are sory to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to try and make your next stay a more enjoyable one. Kind regards, Dublin International Hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4