Dublin International (YHA) Reviews

61 Mountjoy Street, Dublin, Ireland

2088 Total Reviews

We had a wonderful time in Dublin and at the hostel. Hope to come back some time!

• 11th Apr 2014

Bathroom facilities were dirty for the 4 days I was there.

The stay was ok for two days though a little outside the city (about 20 min walk). What irritated me a little were the dodgy people hanging around and the hostel apparently living there.

• 5th Apr 2014

I appreciated having a dorm to myself on the first night, would have been better if it wasn't for several different people having obnoxiously loud conversations in the hallway keeping me awake!! Also, just a suggestion, it would be nice to have some gluten free options for the breakfast. Not expecting GF bread or cereals but just some fruit or yoghurt would be helpful. :)

I had a nice stay ther

• 29th Mar 2014

Old filthy shared washrooms Room door only closes with loud bang Breakfast in old church- cool location but bad quality

I was surprised that the staff was not easy to interact with. I often waited at the front desk while they finished their own conversations, or was given short, impatient answers. The exception was Brendan, who I think was the only local staff I interacted with: he really helped me out figuring out what to do on a given day and helping me book a tour.

Upon arrival at the Hostel I was greeted by a throng of French students smoking outside the front entrance, making access difficult and uncomfortable. I made my way through and another group dominated the communal space. My room was four flights of stairs up, the toilets were disgusting - unflushed and unclean, which did not help my mood. The room was as expected, but the proximity to the city centre and the backstreet location of the hostel made me wary of venturing out into the city.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Nice and clean hostel with car park and good atmosphere. Only too cold in some rooms.

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The hostel is ideally located, only being a 10-15 minute from O'Connell Street. I stayed in a 10 person dorm which was the cheapest option for me. However, it was a little loud with people coming in and out all night. Facilities were homely and the atmosphere in communal areas was nice and relaxed. Also, there was a free breakfast provided in the morning in the form of cereal, toast and tea/juice. This was an added bonus for me as I was not expecting free breakfast!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Very far from the center. Accessible by bus but too far to walk back and forth. This is a student hostel so students live here and you stay in their rooms with them. A little awkward since most don't speak English well.

Hostel has a good infrastructure with lockers inside the rooms and good communal areas. The bathrooms were very dirty, the wifi worked well but not inside the bedrooms and there was only two plugs on the wall for a 10 people bedroom. It is a little far from Dublin center area, like 15 min walking, but is not that bad. I would recommend it overall.

Thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The staff were definitely helpful, I had a very specific question about the area and they took the time to look it up on their computer and give me directions. The room I stayed in was clean and livable (the mattress was the most comfortable mattress I've slept on in months) but the bathrooms needed A LOT of attention. The free breakfast was a nice touch! It's about a 15 minute walk into the city centre, which wasn't terrible but definitely not ideal.

• 7th Mar 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and found the staff to be helpful. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin international Hostel.

I have been in many hostels in Dublin in the past 4 years, this one is definitely the one I am loyal to and will return to every time I am in Dublin. Everything was just perfect, the staff, the rooms, the facilities everything. I am so pleased with my choice and stay in Dublin international Hostel.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Iran

Many thanks for your comments, We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

could be a whole cleaner, the kitchen is a disaster, really dirty. Good breakfast, except for the orange coloured drink that is a substitute for In a bad area of town

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Looks like middle of nowhere, but short, safe 15 minute walk to city center. HOWEVER- spend the extra money to get private room. My friend & I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm & it was disgusting. Underwear hanging everywhere, smelly, ONLY ONE OUTLET FOR THE WHOLE ROOM. Wifi is absolutely TERRIBLE, only works in common area. Bathrooms are a mess, urine was dripping from the ceiling onto & all over the stalls, when I told the staff they didn't seem to care. Breakfast was a piece of toast.

A great place to stay for a budget! The staff is friendly. There is no curfew and have a 24hr reception area. The rooms are typical bunk-bed rooms. They were kept up and clean with locked cabinets available to use. The bathrooms were clean and relatively modern. There is free Wi-Fi available and can even connect to it in the rooms a little bit. The free breakfast is toast, cereal, coffee/tea or juice. Located up O'Connel St. a bit (past Dorset St. Upr), but still within 15min walk of the Liffey.

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The place was overall very fun. Unfortunately, the hostlers were very loud at all hours. Hard to get a peaceful sleep

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. At the time of your stay the hostel was full so it is not always as quiet as it normally would be. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

the location is a bit far from bus station, but it located at a quiet area though. the room is okay but lack of socket, 10-bed room has 2 sockets while 8-bed room got 1 plug only, this is very not enough, but it's still ok that i can borrow a powerboard from reception with deposit. room has poor or none reception of wifi.

Many thanks for your comments, As we are situated in an old building some of the rooms have less power sockets than others, this is a problem we are trying to rectify. The hostel has free wifi hotspots so therefore may not be available in all rooms but is available in all the common areas of the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The building is church and its components. They have a garden as well. Nice place for staying for short term but long term you have to get used the noise. Noise area for both customers plus the road traffic. The cleanliness is the best place I have ver seen in the youth hostel. Best place if you d like to improve your Spanish or Portugese Sevinc from Turkiye

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3