Dublin International (YHA) Reviews

61 Mountjoy Street, Dublin, Ireland

Poor breakfast

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our free breakfast. As it is provided free of charge we are limited in what we can offer but we think there is enough provided to give you a good start to the day. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International hostel.

No way to charge your celphone on the bedroom. Have to go downstairs to reception to do this is a pain in the ass.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry that you were inconvenienced during your stay. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

For the money it was horrible, you have twin bunks and then all we wanted after a busy day was a warm shower and couldn`t even have that . The showers were filthy and there was absolutely NO hot water at all so had a cold shower .. The room was noisy and all in all one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in.. Huge waste of money!

• 22nd May 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. The showers and the hostel are cleaned daily and checked throughout the day so I'm sorry to hear that you thought they were filthy. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The reason for the average rating on cleanliness was mainly due to those visiting the hostel causing problems rather than the staff efforts. On my later visit I was able to appreciate the efforts staff were making to keep the hostel clean and respectable. For pedal cycles I would have like a locked up shed, as I know others had equipment stolen. Staff were very helpful

• 20th May 2014
  • Wales

Many thanks for your comments, Here at the hostel the staff make great efforts to keep the hostel clean throughout the day, unfortunately not all guests respect these efforts. We have a bicycle shed in our secure car park which can be used by guests. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

You say that there are no booking fees, but I've been landed with one of about E3.50 after I cancelled the booking and after I was assured (on 17-18 April) that you don't charge a booking fee . I'm disputing the fee with my credit-card issuer, who are disputing it with Hostel World Internet, who seem to be your on-line booking agents. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay.

• 19th May 2014

Thanks for your comments, As you booked through Hostelworld any fees you were charged would have been done by them, we are sorry if you have been inconvenienced by this. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Not the newest hostel around, but the staff is awesome.

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. I agree I think my staff are awesome also! Should you return to Dublin they would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

A hot shower would be appreciated.

It's a bigger hostel and run like a big hotel, and not a family atmosphere. The free car parking and very good breakfast were a plus but charging for lock, towel, etc. a negative. (Deposit for items necessary is OK).

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the free facilities here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The hostel has a spacious room for 8 and the living room has a good atmosphere. The staff are nice and is eager to serve. The shower has water that is hot enough although about a minute is needed before the water comes out is really hot. Overall this is a very good hostel with this budget price.

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

This is such a pleasant hostel and resonably priced. Great opportunity to meet people and make new friends.

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Plug sockets for charging phones, lap tops and using hair dryer in the room its would have been very good! It made it difficult to sit for a couple hours in the corridor whilst charging our phones and blow dry hair etc.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you were unable to use the sockets in your room. We do offer a secure facility of charging phones etc at reception. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I have used Dublin International Hostel for the second time and the standard is the same as two years ago. The hostel is good value for money and the location is great. Also, the big advantage is its secure car park.

• 4th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you have returned to us for a second time and enjoyed your stay on both occasions. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you for a third time. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Very helpful staff

• 4th May 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful, they are one of our best assets at the Hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The staff didn't seem to speak much English which made things take longer than necessary. The bathroom and showers are strangely located in the basement in a dusty corner of the building, and there we're only two showers.

Self-catering kitchen is a mess! Showers get too hot and could easily scold someone.

• 30th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The staff was pretty good, but the hostel was nothing to write home about. The neighborhood was a little sketchy, but I came and went late at night and never had any problems. There was only one plug in a ten bed dorm which you had to crawl under a bed and encounter a colony of dust bunnies to get to. The Wi-fi was so weak that you had to go down stairs to get it and even then it was really slow and cut out a lot. The pillows were so thin you had to fold them in half.

• 29th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel . Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The showers are not so good, but the rest of the hostel is ok.

Many thanks for your comments, We hope your stay was not effected too badly by the showers and you were still able to enjoy your time in Dublin. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The free breakfast was much appreciated.

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the facilities on offer during your stay. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Very noisy at night because of the traffic and poor sound isolation :( Otherwise very nice, great breakfast in the church !

• 27th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Some of the rooms that face the road can be a little bit noisier than others.Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you and we could accommodate you in one of the rooms that face the garden. These rooms can be a little bit quieter. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I think that the check-out time of 10am was too early. Furthermore, if it has to be at that time, it should be explained at our check-in and also clearly posted up. Some of the staff had very poor English and were difficult to understand. Some of the staff were rude when I failed to check out on time because I was expecting to be able to check out at 11am. The other guests and most of the staff were friendly but I was less satisfied with this hostel than with any other I've stayed in.