Dublin International (YHA) Reviews

61 Mountjoy Street, Dublin, Ireland

Hostel has a good infrastructure with lockers inside the rooms and good communal areas. The bathrooms were very dirty, the wifi worked well but not inside the bedrooms and there was only two plugs on the wall for a 10 people bedroom. It is a little far from Dublin center area, like 15 min walking, but is not that bad. I would recommend it overall.

Thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The staff were definitely helpful, I had a very specific question about the area and they took the time to look it up on their computer and give me directions. The room I stayed in was clean and livable (the mattress was the most comfortable mattress I've slept on in months) but the bathrooms needed A LOT of attention. The free breakfast was a nice touch! It's about a 15 minute walk into the city centre, which wasn't terrible but definitely not ideal.

• 7th Mar 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and found the staff to be helpful. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin international Hostel.

I have been in many hostels in Dublin in the past 4 years, this one is definitely the one I am loyal to and will return to every time I am in Dublin. Everything was just perfect, the staff, the rooms, the facilities everything. I am so pleased with my choice and stay in Dublin international Hostel.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Iran

Many thanks for your comments, We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

could be a whole cleaner, the kitchen is a disaster, really dirty. Good breakfast, except for the orange coloured drink that is a substitute for In a bad area of town

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Looks like middle of nowhere, but short, safe 15 minute walk to city center. HOWEVER- spend the extra money to get private room. My friend & I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm & it was disgusting. Underwear hanging everywhere, smelly, ONLY ONE OUTLET FOR THE WHOLE ROOM. Wifi is absolutely TERRIBLE, only works in common area. Bathrooms are a mess, urine was dripping from the ceiling onto & all over the stalls, when I told the staff they didn't seem to care. Breakfast was a piece of toast.

A great place to stay for a budget! The staff is friendly. There is no curfew and have a 24hr reception area. The rooms are typical bunk-bed rooms. They were kept up and clean with locked cabinets available to use. The bathrooms were clean and relatively modern. There is free Wi-Fi available and can even connect to it in the rooms a little bit. The free breakfast is toast, cereal, coffee/tea or juice. Located up O'Connel St. a bit (past Dorset St. Upr), but still within 15min walk of the Liffey.

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The place was overall very fun. Unfortunately, the hostlers were very loud at all hours. Hard to get a peaceful sleep

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. At the time of your stay the hostel was full so it is not always as quiet as it normally would be. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

the location is a bit far from bus station, but it located at a quiet area though. the room is okay but lack of socket, 10-bed room has 2 sockets while 8-bed room got 1 plug only, this is very not enough, but it's still ok that i can borrow a powerboard from reception with deposit. room has poor or none reception of wifi.

Many thanks for your comments, As we are situated in an old building some of the rooms have less power sockets than others, this is a problem we are trying to rectify. The hostel has free wifi hotspots so therefore may not be available in all rooms but is available in all the common areas of the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The building is church and its components. They have a garden as well. Nice place for staying for short term but long term you have to get used the noise. Noise area for both customers plus the road traffic. The cleanliness is the best place I have ver seen in the youth hostel. Best place if you d like to improve your Spanish or Portugese Sevinc from Turkiye

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

No hot water,very disappointing

• 14th Feb 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Hostel is great value for money and is a 10 minute walk from the city centre but the showers don't have hot water all the time which was bad for the winter. Overall a great place to stay!

• 13th Feb 2014

Many thanks for you comments, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. We are sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the showers during your stay as we normally have hot water 24hrs a day. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I was surprised and very, very pleased. Loved the church dining room, loved the friendly and patient staff, loved the quiet rooms and clean bedding. Loved the easy-access parking, loved the 15-min. walk to O'Connell statues etc etc etc. Loved everything except the grungy ladies' bathroom in the basement., until I found the nicer and bigger washroom. Thanks for everything, DIH!

• 5th Feb 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

One plug socket in a room for 10 people isn't enough. Range of breakfast is great.

Thank you for your comments, due to the age of the building we are limited at the moment on the number of power sockets that are about. We try to encourage guests to charge your phones or computers at the reception where it is a bit more secure than in the shared dormitory rooms. We hope that you enjoyed your time here in Dublin. Kindest regards Misty Dublin International Hostel

1 2 3 4 Next » last »