Dublin International (YHA) Reviews

61 Mountjoy Street, Dublin, Ireland

There was only one charter per room. Breakfast es good ando everything was clean.

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I thought it was great. My only complaint would be that the showers were cold in the bathroom I used. On the last night i finally went to the other bathroom on my floor and found that the shower was nice and warm!

• 31st May 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Thank you for bringing the shower issue to our attention we will have maintenance review it immediately. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and make your next stay an even more enjoyable one. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

It's a huge hostel with a lot of guests, and the staff aren't very helpful. Most don't speak English very we'll. a lot of the guests were older, even some families. bathrooms were kind of grimy and minimal and you have to hold down the shower button the whole time to keep the water going. Wifi worked for me in the ro. Free breakfast was a big plus, very cool dining area and you didn't have to wash your own dishes. Location was far from city center but doable.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and make your second stay a better one. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I was on a "male" floor so had to go down one floor to use the bathroom. Shower was cold the second day as well which is never a positive! Need to provide better shower facilities so that clothes don't get wet when showering. Breakfast was good quality and plentiful and is probably the highlight of this hostel. Laundry facilities good and quick to complete a wash and dry cycle.

• 28th May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• 25th May 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and found our staff to be friendly. Should you travel to Dublin again we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The hostel is located near the center of the city, but just far enough away that getting home from downtown is a long and kind of dangerous walk if you aren't careful. The other problem with the hostel is that does a poor job of encouraging interaction between tenants. If you're a family traveling cheaply, it's a quiet, safe place. But if you're backpacking and want to meet people and have fun, go elsewhere.

Many thanks for your comments, As we are situated in a residential area, just outside the city centre, it can be a bit quieter than other ares which may not be to everyone's taste. We are in the process of introducing some new initiatives to help solo travelers interact with other guests. If you return to Dublin we hope you would stay with us again to avail of these new services. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The staff I interacted with were nice and very helpful whenever I had a concern or question. I didn't take a shower while here so I can't comment on water temp/pressure, but the shower room looked very clean (facilities in general are good). Bed was comfy, breakfast standard-fare... The location is not the best but it was still within walking distance to main sites south of River. You may want to take a public bus to/from Guinness Storehouse/Kilmainham Gaol since walking eats up a lot of time.

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Staff very helpful, order us taxis eetc and told us were places where.

• 24th May 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be helpful. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Check out was at 10am but a cleaner came in to our room at 8:55am while we were getting up. She knocked but did not wait till we answered and just walked in! Also the noise level were loud when we were trying to sleep at 11:30pm and the running on stairs early in the morning unnerved the children we had staying with us.

Many thanks for your comments, We are very sorry that a member of our housekeeping team entered your room before check out, this is not a regular occurrence at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Poor breakfast

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our free breakfast. As it is provided free of charge we are limited in what we can offer but we think there is enough provided to give you a good start to the day. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International hostel.

No way to charge your celphone on the bedroom. Have to go downstairs to reception to do this is a pain in the ass.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry that you were inconvenienced during your stay. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

For the money it was horrible, you have twin bunks and then all we wanted after a busy day was a warm shower and couldn`t even have that . The showers were filthy and there was absolutely NO hot water at all so had a cold shower .. The room was noisy and all in all one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in.. Huge waste of money!

• 22nd May 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. The showers and the hostel are cleaned daily and checked throughout the day so I'm sorry to hear that you thought they were filthy. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The reason for the average rating on cleanliness was mainly due to those visiting the hostel causing problems rather than the staff efforts. On my later visit I was able to appreciate the efforts staff were making to keep the hostel clean and respectable. For pedal cycles I would have like a locked up shed, as I know others had equipment stolen. Staff were very helpful

• 20th May 2014
  • Wales

Many thanks for your comments, Here at the hostel the staff make great efforts to keep the hostel clean throughout the day, unfortunately not all guests respect these efforts. We have a bicycle shed in our secure car park which can be used by guests. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Very large bed number. I stay here for 1 reason, it's cheap. Often leaving early for airport, I can't get the breakfast which is generous. The basement self-service kitchen is good place to hang out and get talking to people. The showers, toilets can be up to 2 floors away, so don{t get caught short. Staff are mostly non-Irish and enthusiastic, but not as relaxed as Irish staff might be as mostly they move on quickly. Essentially it does the job and no more.

You say that there are no booking fees, but I've been landed with one of about E3.50 after I cancelled the booking and after I was assured (on 17-18 April) that you don't charge a booking fee . I'm disputing the fee with my credit-card issuer, who are disputing it with Hostel World Internet, who seem to be your on-line booking agents. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay.

• 19th May 2014

Thanks for your comments, As you booked through Hostelworld any fees you were charged would have been done by them, we are sorry if you have been inconvenienced by this. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Not the newest hostel around, but the staff is awesome.

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. I agree I think my staff are awesome also! Should you return to Dublin they would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

A hot shower would be appreciated.

It's a bigger hostel and run like a big hotel, and not a family atmosphere. The free car parking and very good breakfast were a plus but charging for lock, towel, etc. a negative. (Deposit for items necessary is OK).

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the free facilities here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The hostel has a spacious room for 8 and the living room has a good atmosphere. The staff are nice and is eager to serve. The shower has water that is hot enough although about a minute is needed before the water comes out is really hot. Overall this is a very good hostel with this budget price.

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

This is such a pleasant hostel and resonably priced. Great opportunity to meet people and make new friends.

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.