Dublin International (YHA) Reviews

61 Mountjoy Street, Dublin, Ireland

The showers should be able to be turned on for a period of time rather than having to push the button whenever you wanted water running, plus toilets seldomly flush. Rooms were great though, clean and spacious.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Many thanks for your comments, The showers were installed with this system to conserve water as we try to promote and encourage an Eco friendly way of life. We hope you enjoyed your stay overall and consider booking with us again should you return to Dublin. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

An average hostel in an old building. The water in the showers is not very hot.

Thank you for your comments, Sometimes if the water is run just a little bit longer the showers are a lot warmer. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Dublin. Kindest regards Misty Dublin International Hostel

We had a wonderful time in Dublin and at the hostel. Hope to come back some time!

• 11th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. We look forward to your return visit were we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Bathroom facilities were dirty for the 4 days I was there.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here at the hostel. The bathrooms are cleaned on a daily basis every morning and then routinely checked throughout the day for cleanliness so I am surprised to hear that they were dirty for four days. If you had made reception aware of the problem they would have done their utmost to rectify the problem. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The stay was ok for two days though a little outside the city (about 20 min walk). What irritated me a little were the dodgy people hanging around and the hostel apparently living there.

• 5th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I appreciated having a dorm to myself on the first night, would have been better if it wasn't for several different people having obnoxiously loud conversations in the hallway keeping me awake!! Also, just a suggestion, it would be nice to have some gluten free options for the breakfast. Not expecting GF bread or cereals but just some fruit or yoghurt would be helpful. :)

I had a nice stay ther

• 29th Mar 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Old filthy shared washrooms Room door only closes with loud bang Breakfast in old church- cool location but bad quality

I was surprised that the staff was not easy to interact with. I often waited at the front desk while they finished their own conversations, or was given short, impatient answers. The exception was Brendan, who I think was the only local staff I interacted with: he really helped me out figuring out what to do on a given day and helping me book a tour.

Upon arrival at the Hostel I was greeted by a throng of French students smoking outside the front entrance, making access difficult and uncomfortable. I made my way through and another group dominated the communal space. My room was four flights of stairs up, the toilets were disgusting - unflushed and unclean, which did not help my mood. The room was as expected, but the proximity to the city centre and the backstreet location of the hostel made me wary of venturing out into the city.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to the hostel we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Nice and clean hostel with car park and good atmosphere. Only too cold in some rooms.

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The hostel is ideally located, only being a 10-15 minute from O'Connell Street. I stayed in a 10 person dorm which was the cheapest option for me. However, it was a little loud with people coming in and out all night. Facilities were homely and the atmosphere in communal areas was nice and relaxed. Also, there was a free breakfast provided in the morning in the form of cereal, toast and tea/juice. This was an added bonus for me as I was not expecting free breakfast!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and availed of our free breakfast. We aim to create a welcoming atmosphere so we are glad that you experienced this. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Very far from the center. Accessible by bus but too far to walk back and forth. This is a student hostel so students live here and you stay in their rooms with them. A little awkward since most don't speak English well.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International hostel.

I stayed here for one night because everything else was booked. It'll do for a night, but I wouldn't stay here again... well... unless I had to again. Staff was cool, but it's a hike to get to this place. The bathroom outside my room didn't have any hot water, so I walked around till I found another men's room with a shower and hot water.

Hostel has a good infrastructure with lockers inside the rooms and good communal areas. The bathrooms were very dirty, the wifi worked well but not inside the bedrooms and there was only two plugs on the wall for a 10 people bedroom. It is a little far from Dublin center area, like 15 min walking, but is not that bad. I would recommend it overall.

Thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The staff were definitely helpful, I had a very specific question about the area and they took the time to look it up on their computer and give me directions. The room I stayed in was clean and livable (the mattress was the most comfortable mattress I've slept on in months) but the bathrooms needed A LOT of attention. The free breakfast was a nice touch! It's about a 15 minute walk into the city centre, which wasn't terrible but definitely not ideal.

• 7th Mar 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and found the staff to be helpful. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin international Hostel.

I have been in many hostels in Dublin in the past 4 years, this one is definitely the one I am loyal to and will return to every time I am in Dublin. Everything was just perfect, the staff, the rooms, the facilities everything. I am so pleased with my choice and stay in Dublin international Hostel.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Iran

Many thanks for your comments, We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

could be a whole cleaner, the kitchen is a disaster, really dirty. Good breakfast, except for the orange coloured drink that is a substitute for In a bad area of town

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Looks like middle of nowhere, but short, safe 15 minute walk to city center. HOWEVER- spend the extra money to get private room. My friend & I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm & it was disgusting. Underwear hanging everywhere, smelly, ONLY ONE OUTLET FOR THE WHOLE ROOM. Wifi is absolutely TERRIBLE, only works in common area. Bathrooms are a mess, urine was dripping from the ceiling onto & all over the stalls, when I told the staff they didn't seem to care. Breakfast was a piece of toast.

A great place to stay for a budget! The staff is friendly. There is no curfew and have a 24hr reception area. The rooms are typical bunk-bed rooms. They were kept up and clean with locked cabinets available to use. The bathrooms were clean and relatively modern. There is free Wi-Fi available and can even connect to it in the rooms a little bit. The free breakfast is toast, cereal, coffee/tea or juice. Located up O'Connel St. a bit (past Dorset St. Upr), but still within 15min walk of the Liffey.

Many thanks for your comments, We are glad to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.