Dublin International (YHA) Reviews

61 Mountjoy Street, Dublin, Ireland

We had a wonderful time in Dublin and at the hostel. Hope to come back some time!

• 11th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hostel. We look forward to your return visit were we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Bathroom facilities were dirty for the 4 days I was there.

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here at the hostel. The bathrooms are cleaned on a daily basis every morning and then routinely checked throughout the day for cleanliness so I am surprised to hear that they were dirty for four days. If you had made reception aware of the problem they would have done their utmost to rectify the problem. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The stay was ok for two days though a little outside the city (about 20 min walk). What irritated me a little were the dodgy people hanging around and the hostel apparently living there.

• 5th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

I appreciated having a dorm to myself on the first night, would have been better if it wasn't for several different people having obnoxiously loud conversations in the hallway keeping me awake!! Also, just a suggestion, it would be nice to have some gluten free options for the breakfast. Not expecting GF bread or cereals but just some fruit or yoghurt would be helpful. :)

I had a nice stay ther

• 29th Mar 2014

Many thanks for your comments, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

Old filthy shared washrooms Room door only closes with loud bang Breakfast in old church- cool location but bad quality

I was surprised that the staff was not easy to interact with. I often waited at the front desk while they finished their own conversations, or was given short, impatient answers. The exception was Brendan, who I think was the only local staff I interacted with: he really helped me out figuring out what to do on a given day and helping me book a tour.

Upon arrival at the Hostel I was greeted by a throng of French students smoking outside the front entrance, making access difficult and uncomfortable. I made my way through and another group dominated the communal space. My room was four flights of stairs up, the toilets were disgusting - unflushed and unclean, which did not help my mood. The room was as expected, but the proximity to the city centre and the backstreet location of the hostel made me wary of venturing out into the city.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay here at the hostel. Should you return to the hostel we would be happy to look after you again to try and redeem ourselves in your eyes. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »