Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Not the atmosphere you expect upon arrival. When paying, the staff tried to charge more than they had to, by saying the pre payment goes to hostel world, not to them... Lost almost 30 minutes to explain the "family" staff that i wouldnt pay, while they kept speaking croatian to each other, for sure about me... When checking fora transfer to the airport, they told me it was 200 kunas (30 euros) to take me, but the same transfer at the city center was 35 kunas (4 euros).

Amazing staying at backpackers club!The family that owns the hostel its awesome!Easy to meet people and very cozy place!If you go to Dubrovnik thats the place to be!Alex-Barcelona

I stayed here for 5 nights and loved it. The family that own and run this hostel are the nicest people I met while traveling, they couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. Milka (the mum) cooked the most amazing breckfasts and always made sure people were happy and comfortable. The hostel is really fun and clean with trips organised daily. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Dubrovnik.

My main issue with DBC was it's distance from town. There's a fairly regular 15 minute bus or a 50 minute walk to the old town. Most of the staff were excellent if a little over enthusiastic bar one very surly employee. Kitchen was disgusting, bathroom not excellent. Would not stay again.

Had a great time. Atmosphere was great, very friendly and sociable place, would definitely recommend!

Lovely family environment! Best breakfast provided too! Beds are comfortable and it's right near the bus stop.. All in all loved my stay here!

The family were great hosts...I arrived late evening and spent a few hours on the balcony with plenty of food and drink courtesy of Milka (thank you so much). There is a great family atmosphere at this hostel, I can't recommend it enough, especially for solo travellers! Nice quiet location but not too far from the Old Town.

My stay here was quite good. There's not much common space and even that closes early, so it's hard to meet people. The rooms are easily big enough to fit big lockers, but they don't - there are tiny lockers that you have to ask the staff to access every time you need something. Breakfast is amazing and for just 20 HRK, it's easily the biggest plus point for this hostel.

Fantastic people couldn't do enough for me

I loved this hostel! I went on 3 of their day trip tours and even extended my stay by 2 days. Milka was so kind and warm and made the most amazing breakfasts! The day trips are beyond worth the money due to their personal touch and small intimate groups not to mention the fact that you are seeing places rarely visited by tourists. Stay here, you will not regret it!

Awesome hostel with excellent activities

By far the friendliest hostel I've stayed in, when we arrived we got free shots of home made liquors and some delicious zucchini fritters. Staff is awesome, one of the most social hostels I've stayed in, and the breakfast is incredible, great value. Rooms had AC as well which is pretty important in Croatia. Highly recommend staying here, I would definitrly go back.

The family that run this hostel are extremely friendly, generous and incredibl helpful. Always trying to assist you in saving money and getting the best experience from your stay in dubrovnik. Hostel is amazing environment for meeting solo travellers or groups of travellers! Whilst located out of old town, a bus runs every 5 minutes which takes approximately 10 minutes to get there!

• 17th Aug 2014

Thank You for Your nice feedback! It make us very happy to make our guests fully satisfied.We dont have big capacity so everyone who like it can come as a guest and leave as a friend like You did!

Such an amazing experience staying with this lovely family!!! Milka and her whole family make you feel right at home from the get go. The boat cruise and yummy home cooked breakfast was amazing !!!!

• 17th Aug 2014

Thank You for nice feedback!Personal approach is the way we go!And especially our small tours offered can make it up-mini groups, comfy boat/car and feel like you are on joyride with new friends...great way to fulfill Your time and meet unusual and not so touristy exclusive locations nearby. Welcome again!

This was my favorite hostel on my trip. It was all because of the amazing staff. It is family runned and they are so helpful in everyday. They really want to make sure you have they best trip for the best bang for your buck! It's amazing I can't wait to come back here!

Fantastic atmosphere there in Dubrovnik Backpackers Hostel. Meet so many amazing people and spent so nice time with them ! I really recomend to join trips organized by Iwi. Had some unforgettable memories from all of them . Good breakfast, friendly hosts, all familly was very helpfull.. Place worth to stay! Sincerelly your polish friend Mateusz. Cheers Srdjan!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Mama Milka made this the best hostel ever. She's amazingly hospitable and lovely and made me feel right at home. My airline lost my bags and she gave me her daughter's clothes to wear. One of the most generous and wonderful people. The other staff were super friendly and helpful as well.

Lovely hostel run by a family. Definitely take advantage of their tours and breakfasts! 10 minutes away from the old town via a bus that runs every 10 minutes from 5.30am - 2.00am. There is a kitchen and a common room where it is really easy to meet other travellers, great for those in groups as well as solo travellers. Just bear in mind there aren't any 'lockers' per se. There are safety deposit boxes which you get the key to, but nothing to put your luggage into. Definitely recommend here!

LOVED this Hostel! Buffet breakfast was inexpensive & sooo good - Melka cares about her guests like they're family! Amazing tours everyday to Mostar & private boat cruises with Melka's son as the guide - AH.MAZE.ING! We went on the snorkeling/boat trip and it was the best day of my entire backpacking trip! Evie is thee best guide. Beyond all that hostel is only a short bus trip from Old Town, and 80 kuna taxi from the Bus Station. Clean, provide towel, have great common area & a/c. STAY HERE!!

Not sure why the reviews are so brilliant about this hostel. It's mainly the guests that make your stay so positive. The bathroom was very dirty and the towel was soaking for days that you stepped out onto. Security was an issue as there was just a small corridor to put your luggage in but no lock on the door so anybody could walk in off the street if they wanted to. I also found the guy who picked up from the airport to be very judgemental of me which is not what you want when arriving.

• 13th Aug 2014