Dubrovnik Backpackers Club

Superb 1389 Total Reviews
Superb 1389 Total Reviews

20th Apr 2017

I had a really lovely time here. I was sad that I stayed for only two nights as it would be somewhere I would like to spend more time. It was nice to be so welcomed into their family straight away, particularly as a solo traveller. Everyone was genuinely friendly and welcoming. Great cooking facilities and fresh lemons and herbs from the garden. you can get a bus to the old town easy too.

11th Apr 2017

The hostel is as advertised; clean, high quality, and with a passion for service. Because of this hostel, Dubrovnik won my heart! I was able to share so many beautiful moments w/ the family & roommates & that made all the difference! Also, you'll want to do Old Town but that only takes 4-5 hours MAX. so your time will be spent mainly on day trips (Montenegro or Bosnia), island hopping to Kolocep and/or Lopud, or watching sunsets from the best spots. All are easily serviced from this hostel.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Apr 2017
6.0

Not what I was expecting at all - there was a good family vibe, the owner got a cake and some wine for a birthday of a guest which was nice! But it's a 45min walk from the old town and it wasn't very clean. There's a kitchen but it got a bit chaotic. The hostel is kept by volunteers so it's not super amazing but it was fine for a couple of nights :) we still had a fun time. Oh and... two of the brothers were in Game of Thrones..

Thank you for your kind response! We respect your words and we are very sorry to hear that your review of volunteers reflected on general review and ratings especially staff review since our property is maintaining highest reviews for cleanliness and atmosphere since we opened 11 years ago and got awards for best hostel in Croatia, and best in Dubrovnik several last years in row. Unfortunately my family staff members had emergency and needed to go in hurry in Zagreb just before your arrival and some guests of ours offered us help for bed and food since they realized we are having hard times and there is no enough of staff. But they abused us.Their help was a joke, they completely ruined cleanliness level and atmosphere, even my brother and me tried our best making free pancakes, smoothies, lemonade etc. I am Your host who brought to Your table finest Croatian wine and two cakes since I realized on check in that one of the girls is having a birthday.Thank you for You respecting this little extra. But one more time this helpers are not our staff, and they are removed from property ASAP since I found what is going on, and I d like to sincerely apologies again for this chaotic situation. I wish I could been able to realize earlier to offer you something to compensate Your feeling of unsatisfactory. Our family staff members are back now and in future we will take double caution about accepting helpers/volunteers, so your comment helped us even more. Thank You for that. All the best and safe travels! Ive, manager, DBC

9th Apr 2017

The hosts were amazing. They did a great job at making sure you knew where everything was and was very helpful. They were very welcoming. The hostel was kind of far from the old city but you can take a bus and be there in 10 min. But I knew that from reading the details of the hostel. The common area was nice and the tv/hang out area was a real nice touch. Great stay.

• hiteshaggarwal8
  • India, Couple, 25-30
9th Apr 2017

Awesome staff. Only 10 min bus ride to old town. We were traveling by car and free parking was very helpful. The host Eva, volunteers, and staff are all very friendly. They would try everything possible to make your stay a memorable memory. I would highly recommend the place.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
7th Apr 2017

The family running this hostel makes it what it is: very friendly and always willing to help. The facilities are nice enough, especially for the cost. The location is well outside the old city. On the upside this means a quieter experience, more space in the dorms, and better/cheaper food nearby (local Mexican restaurant is highly recommended). Of course, the downside is that you'll have to take the bus to and from the old town, though this is less of an inconvenience than it sounds. Thumbs up!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2017

I had a great experience at this hostel! The owner - Ive is also very friendly and make you feel very welcome when you arrive with a chat and drink on the balcony. He also even drove us up to a viewpoint for sunset and told us stories and later fed us cheesecake, which just shows how awesome he is! The hostel itself is quite cozy and has lots of space for cooking and relaxing. Overall - I would recommend staying at this hostel

• Uruguay, All Male Group, 25-30
4th Apr 2017

The hostel is 10 minutes by bus (2 euros one way) from the Old Town. Free parking and good WiFi. The volunteers were great!

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017

My stay at DBC was great! The staff is super nice, Ive is a great guide and he showed us really cool places to visit. The hostel is really clean and comfortable, I loved that the common area is a quiet zone after an specific hour so you can get a nice and calm sleep at night. Thank you for everything DBC! I will come back for sure!

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017

The staff was lovely, I felt like home during my stay there. Everything was extremely clean and my favorite part was the common area. Thank you guys for make my stay in Dubrovnik a great one!