Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Excellent hostel, the staff is a lovely family that will makes you feel welcome.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Thank you for making me feel like part of the family. I loved your hostel.

• 25th Jun 2015

Excellent staff and a great place to meet other travelers. The hostel has tours arranged throughout the day to ensure you have a great stay. Only negative is the location but the bus station is minutes away.

The best hostel I have stayed in to date. The small tours are a great experience and good for meeting people. I would highly recommend the boat tour and the wine tour. The staff are friendly, helpful and accommodating. Beds comfortable, and not too difficult to get around town from the hostels location even though the are situated out of town. The hostel breakfast is great! I will definitely be back.

This hostel is one of the best I have stayed at. It's family owned, so you get a homely feel. It's only a bus ride away to Old Town, so location wise it's great. They definitely make you feel at home, whether it be their (must have) breakfast or by their welcome shot right when you arrive. Mirka cooks the most amazing French toast with homemade honey and jam. The place is clean and it's a good way of meeting other travelers. They also have great tours leaving from the hostel. Highly recommend!

I have never felt so at home at a hostel before, this is the place to be for a solo traveler! The family who run this place are incredible and made great friends here. Milka's breakfasts rock and the boys run some awesome tours during the day, definitely recommend the boat trip!

This hostel was great! I was happy with everything, it's a bit far from old town but really easy to get a bus! Close to the beach and a town with supermarket and restaurants, which are cheaper than old town anyway! The breakfast was amazing, you can't miss it, beautiful, helpful staff and a great atmosphere for meeting people :) thank you very much again!

Thank you for Your review!Everything is less expensive and less crowd than in Old town, which is anyway only short ride(10 minutes) by bus to old town.We love to create atmosphere which is ideal for travelers to meet each other and for us to meet you and your needs. Pitty there was no space for you on tours to enjoy it even more, next time ;-) Safe travels, Love, DBC family team

The staff were all really nice. I can't remember the woman's name but she was amazing... Made the best breakfast I've had since I've been traveling. The location was a little farther from the old city than we wanted but the family that ran the place made up for it... Great experience.

Thank You for review! He is professional chef with 40 years of experience cooking for travelers, defenders of Dubrovnik in 90es and us, their children(6 of us) too ;-) We are happy your experience was fulfilled, Safe travels, Regards, DBC family team

Great hostel, run by a super friendly family. Make sure you get the 30k breakfast, great value and a chance to meet the puppy who lives on the top floor.

• 18th Jun 2015

The staff was very helpful and kind, offering us lots of food and drink. There is a "movie" room downstairs were you can watch game of thrones on demand which is very nice. The location is a bit far from the port but they offer a free pick up. I would set this up in advance to minimize having to take transit or walk. Hostel was clean and had A/C. Wifi worked in common area.

Amazing staff. Bit far but buses make it easy to get to Old Town. Breakfast is amazing and worth it

Breakfast is made with love...Thank You for reviewing us, Regards, DBC team

I loved staying here -- such a friendly atmosphere. You'll feel like part of the family!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

This is a fantastic place to stay where you will feel like part of the family. Milka's breakfast is awesome, the TV room is perfect for a hot afternoon and who doesn't want a puppy to play with?

One of the most friendly hostels I've been to - they definitely make you part of the family. Upon arrival, Milka hands you a small homemade brandy that was delicious! As well as homemade snacks. The breakfast is 30kn and it's very worth it. Homemade honey and jam! It is not close to Old Town, but easily accessible by bus. Definitely recommend this place. Also, they have a puppy so it's even better!

The breakfast is the best of any hostel I've stayed in - and it's not even close. Pickup upon arrival was also a nice touch.

This was my first time staying in a hostel while travelling solo and I found the place was great. The whole family and staff where awesome,friendly and helpful.They have a cool lounge area to meet people and they do trips which are worth the money. I did the boat trip which Evi ran and it was awesome. Really nice people and couldn't rate them higher! I will stay again if I come back in future. Would be good to have your own locker in room but they have a lock room and security box for valuables.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff/hosts, and really comfortable accommodations for the price. The only small downside is the location, as the hostel is about a 40 min walk from Old City (buses available). However, this means the hostel is closer to the port, bus terminal, and several nice beaches.

Had an amazing time at this hostel, this family really knows how to run a hostel. A great common area, especially the outside terrace, where people chill out and socialize. Easy to meet people, and people go out in old town almost every night - which is a lot of fun! A bit out of the center, but close to some really nice beaches! Old town is just a short (cheap) bus ride away, well-connected. Some restaurants nearby, but a nice grill on the terrace is well-worth the work. Tours recommended!

Awesome hostel!! The family that runs it is super nice and friendly. The boat tour they offer is 100% worth the money. Rooms were good, breakfast was awesome and it was very easy to meet people. If you're coming from the airport do NOT take a taxi. Use their pickup service

I had such an amazing time, you are all such great people and I really appreciate your hospitality. I will definitely be back to see you all again, until then.... :)