Dubrovnik Backpackers Club

Superb 1401 Total Reviews
Superb 1401 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
18th May 2017

Owners are super friendly and welcoming! Everything is clean. About a 15 minute bus ride from old town. Other than the location being a bit out of the way, it's a fantastic hostel!

15th May 2017

Far from old Town but close to a lot of places to eat for less money. Staff were amazing

• atoof_rehan4337
  • Pakistan, Female, 31-40
5th May 2017

This is a great place to stay in a quite neighborhood. Its walking distance from the bus station to the old city and has great restaurants nearby. The hostel gives a free pickup from the bus station if u book 2 nights or more. I stayed in a all female room. The room and bathroom were very clean. The kitchen and dining area are great. The staff is very helpful with directions. Overall a very good stay in a nice part of the city

• Malaysia, Mixed Group, 31-40
3rd May 2017

Ive! One of the wonderful hosts I can recall. He helped us in many ways - recommending cheap places and great places to eat and attending to our personal needs. You've been wonderful Ive and we thank you for the great company and tips!

• clarisseherbillon7273
  • France, Female, 31-40
28th Apr 2017
8.0

+ : Well located right off the bus station (20 minutes ride from pile gate un Old Town); very friendly owner who invites you in her kitchen and gives you all thé explanations you might want ; great facilities (big kitchen and common area) ; ensuite showers in all rooms. - : there are no blinds on the windows (= i woke up with the sun) ; there wasnt à lot of atmosphère but there was almost no-one staying at the hostellerie

Dear guest of ours, thank You for Your kind response, friendliness and responsibility. As we like personal aproach and personal response it made us proud You noticed our large advantage - great facilities we built up, average only 3 person per one shower and toilet (even one extra shower and toilet in our "chill out room" for late departures), as well as large fully equipped indoor and outdoor self catering and cooking facility with large food storage cabinet which can make everyone's stay waaay cheaper. Sunshine and singing birds awaking our guests in the morning together with flagrant of lemon flowering is part of our folklore here on Mediterranean, together with chill out mood (not a party scene) we set up ;-) and we didnt found your comment on negative side, just in contrary we love it! Thank You! Ive, DBC manager

20th Apr 2017

I had a really lovely time here. I was sad that I stayed for only two nights as it would be somewhere I would like to spend more time. It was nice to be so welcomed into their family straight away, particularly as a solo traveller. Everyone was genuinely friendly and welcoming. Great cooking facilities and fresh lemons and herbs from the garden. you can get a bus to the old town easy too.

Thank You for your nice words and positive attitude! I wish You knew about our free pick up to greet You even better! It make me happy to host guests with similar energy and "green fingers" but I also wish we had more time to chat about it...Thank You!

11th Apr 2017

The hostel is as advertised; clean, high quality, and with a passion for service. Because of this hostel, Dubrovnik won my heart! I was able to share so many beautiful moments w/ the family & roommates & that made all the difference! Also, you'll want to do Old Town but that only takes 4-5 hours MAX. so your time will be spent mainly on day trips (Montenegro or Bosnia), island hopping to Kolocep and/or Lopud, or watching sunsets from the best spots. All are easily serviced from this hostel.

Thank You for your kind words and recommendation! It was great time to host You as it was very special time for my small family accommodation and people who respect our tradition...Thank You!!! Regards, Ive, DBC manager

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Apr 2017
6.0

Not what I was expecting at all - there was a good family vibe, the owner got a cake and some wine for a birthday of a guest which was nice! But it's a 45min walk from the old town and it wasn't very clean. There's a kitchen but it got a bit chaotic. The hostel is kept by volunteers so it's not super amazing but it was fine for a couple of nights :) we still had a fun time. Oh and... two of the brothers were in Game of Thrones..

Thank you for your kind response! We respect your words and we are very sorry to hear that your review of volunteers reflected on general review and ratings especially staff review since our property is maintaining highest reviews for cleanliness and atmosphere since we opened 11 years ago and got awards for best hostel in Croatia, and best in Dubrovnik several last years in row. Unfortunately my family staff members had emergency and needed to go in hurry in Zagreb just before your arrival and some guests of ours offered us help for bed and food since they realized we are having hard times and there is no enough of staff. But they abused us.Their help was a joke, they completely ruined cleanliness level and atmosphere, even my brother and me tried our best making free pancakes, smoothies, lemonade etc. I am Your host who brought to Your table finest Croatian wine and two cakes since I realized on check in that one of the girls is having a birthday.Thank you for You respecting this little extra. But one more time this helpers are not our staff, and they are removed from property ASAP since I found what is going on, and I d like to sincerely apologies again for this chaotic situation. I wish I could been able to realize earlier to offer you something to compensate Your feeling of unsatisfactory. Our family staff members are back now and in future we will take double caution about accepting helpers/volunteers, so your comment helped us even more. Thank You for that. All the best and safe travels! Ive, manager, DBC

9th Apr 2017

The hosts were amazing. They did a great job at making sure you knew where everything was and was very helpful. They were very welcoming. The hostel was kind of far from the old city but you can take a bus and be there in 10 min. But I knew that from reading the details of the hostel. The common area was nice and the tv/hang out area was a real nice touch. Great stay.

It was really nice to chat with You on our balcony with lights of Dubrovnik in background and feeling friendliness and great attitude from You! Thank You!

• hiteshaggarwal8
  • India, Couple, 25-30
9th Apr 2017

Awesome staff. Only 10 min bus ride to old town. We were traveling by car and free parking was very helpful. The host Eva, volunteers, and staff are all very friendly. They would try everything possible to make your stay a memorable memory. I would highly recommend the place.