Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Milka and her family are absolutely wonderful. Hospitable, friendly, super helpful - the initiation to Dubrovnik is so thorough! Plus a great view from the balcony, and a spick and span hostel. Milka makes a mean French toast and delicious homemade jam! Don't miss it. Plus the backpackers who stay here are all easy to talk to and always up for a drink - true backpacking style. Above all, despite my short stay this little house felt like home. Recommended a thousand times over. Thank you DBC!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Amazing place to stay! The owner, Milka, is so nice and will do anything to make sure you have great stay. She also makes a mean breakfast! Everyone hangs out in the common area so this is a great place for solo travelers. Highly recommended!!

Milka and Ive were so amazing. I was offered homemade honey brandy upon my arrival, sat with Ive and talked over some red wine, cheese and bread.They were hospitable and friendly. Milka may be the sweetest woman ever. The rooms were good size and had their own bathrooms. Nice hot showers, but not much ventilation. There is a kitchen for hostel guests equipped with most things needed to cook a meal. It is located within a minute of the 6 bus line which takes you directly into old town. STAY HERE!

• 1st Oct 2014

Absolutely lovely couple! I was ill for most of the time there and Milka really looked after me! Would definitely recommend staying here :)

Really had a great time and that's mainly because of the lovely owners. They were so welcoming and made sure that I felt at home. The breaki is amazing, could not get enough of the French toast. Would definitely recommend the hostel and if I go back to Dubrovnik I would stay there again

The nicest staff out of any hostel I've stayed at. Breakfast was amazing and cheap. The location isn't great for walking into the old town but the buses are 1min walk away and are very frequent. Plus its not such a bad thing to be away from the crowds piling in off the cruise liners. Beds are comfy and clean. Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

The best hostel I've stayed in! The family who run it are so lovely and helpful, I extended my stay without any problems. The buses run regularly to the old town from just down the road from the hostel. Welcome shot was nice and Milkas breakfast was amazing! easy to meet other travellers down stairs in the common areas too. Highly reccomend :)

Thanks, you are the loveliest family!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Amazing staying at backpackers club!The family that owns the hostel its awesome!Easy to meet people and very cozy place!If you go to Dubrovnik thats the place to be!Alex-Barcelona

Thank you for reviewing us with highest rates. We respect even more knowing you spent with us five days and you really learn about us. We as well are traveling to Barcelona a lot and are happy to meet locals and their traditions and values. Its real life! We are glad we met such responsible young person we know would come again. God bless you, safe travels amigo!

I stayed here for 5 nights and loved it. The family that own and run this hostel are the nicest people I met while traveling, they couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. Milka (the mum) cooked the most amazing breckfasts and always made sure people were happy and comfortable. The hostel is really fun and clean with trips organised daily. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Dubrovnik.

Thank you dear! We are working hard to keep costumers coming here in responsible manner, attracted with real life and interaction with locals which dont mind to spare some extra time to share with you letting you try local homemade products and even teaching you how to cook dalmatian food. We enjoy in that, and your reviews are confirmation we do right thing! Happy to see you again soon! Regards, DBC family team

My main issue with DBC was it's distance from town. There's a fairly regular 15 minute bus or a 50 minute walk to the old town. Most of the staff were excellent if a little over enthusiastic bar one very surly employee. Kitchen was disgusting, bathroom not excellent. Would not stay again.

Dear costumer, distance is told prior, 10 to max 15 minutes by bus. Our staff is having 97%, highest in Croatia, and if you complained about some of our volunteers, could name him. They are here just temporarily and and are learning their duties. We are sorry if some of them "failed" in your opinion. Next, every serious backpacker know that cleaning kitchen and bathroom after themselves is your own duty, we are cleaning them every morning and noon, in meantime its your job to care. Regards, DBC

Had a great time. Atmosphere was great, very friendly and sociable place, would definitely recommend!

Thank you dear costumer! We are real Dubrovnik, not amusement park inside old town walls. We know there is a people there working hard, but genuine thing you can find here, no offense. Thank you again, we are glad you interact kind of people choose our small hostel, we enjoy them a lot as well. Its part of magic!We are glad you enjoyed tour we organize for small private groups, with personal approach!Regards, DBC team

A really nice hostel. Had a great atmosphere as everyone would be together around the kitchen area. its a bit off the beaten track but it easy enough to access with the buses and situated in a very lovely part of Dubrovnik near to several beaches and supermarket.

Very nice family who go out of their way to help you make the most of Dubrovnik and always try to save you money. Hostel has a real family vibe and is a great place for solo travellers to meet people.

The staff were so lovely and helpful, which was just what I needed when I had significant delays to my flight to Dubrovnik. They told me the best tourist attractions to see in the city and went out of their way to do anything else to make my stay the best it could be.The hostel was right next to a bus stop where buses went every ten minutes straight to the old town, and a short walk from a big supermarket and restaurants. The breakfast was cheap and delicious!

Lovely family environment! Best breakfast provided too! Beds are comfortable and it's right near the bus stop.. All in all loved my stay here!

The family were great hosts...I arrived late evening and spent a few hours on the balcony with plenty of food and drink courtesy of Milka (thank you so much). There is a great family atmosphere at this hostel, I can't recommend it enough, especially for solo travellers! Nice quiet location but not too far from the Old Town.

My stay here was quite good. There's not much common space and even that closes early, so it's hard to meet people. The rooms are easily big enough to fit big lockers, but they don't - there are tiny lockers that you have to ask the staff to access every time you need something. Breakfast is amazing and for just 20 HRK, it's easily the biggest plus point for this hostel.

Hi there!Thank you for your review!We are glad you liked our breakfast!We made it budget and unique experience for everyone!Our common areas working till midnight, so its everywhere in Dubrovnik for all hostels.Other reviewers are raving about us in terms of atmosphere and after over 900 reviews we are best in Dubrovnik and among best in whole country so your comment surprises...Only night clubs have right to work after midnight and hostels are not night clubs!But nightlife is not so far-10 min

Fantastic people couldn't do enough for me

I loved this hostel! I went on 3 of their day trip tours and even extended my stay by 2 days. Milka was so kind and warm and made the most amazing breakfasts! The day trips are beyond worth the money due to their personal touch and small intimate groups not to mention the fact that you are seeing places rarely visited by tourists. Stay here, you will not regret it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4