Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Awesome hostel with excellent activities

By far the friendliest hostel I've stayed in, when we arrived we got free shots of home made liquors and some delicious zucchini fritters. Staff is awesome, one of the most social hostels I've stayed in, and the breakfast is incredible, great value. Rooms had AC as well which is pretty important in Croatia. Highly recommend staying here, I would definitrly go back.

The family that run this hostel are extremely friendly, generous and incredibl helpful. Always trying to assist you in saving money and getting the best experience from your stay in dubrovnik. Hostel is amazing environment for meeting solo travellers or groups of travellers! Whilst located out of old town, a bus runs every 5 minutes which takes approximately 10 minutes to get there!

• 17th Aug 2014

Thank You for Your nice feedback! It make us very happy to make our guests fully satisfied.We dont have big capacity so everyone who like it can come as a guest and leave as a friend like You did!

Such an amazing experience staying with this lovely family!!! Milka and her whole family make you feel right at home from the get go. The boat cruise and yummy home cooked breakfast was amazing !!!!

• 17th Aug 2014

Thank You for nice feedback!Personal approach is the way we go!And especially our small tours offered can make it up-mini groups, comfy boat/car and feel like you are on joyride with new friends...great way to fulfill Your time and meet unusual and not so touristy exclusive locations nearby. Welcome again!

This was my favorite hostel on my trip. It was all because of the amazing staff. It is family runned and they are so helpful in everyday. They really want to make sure you have they best trip for the best bang for your buck! It's amazing I can't wait to come back here!

Fantastic atmosphere there in Dubrovnik Backpackers Hostel. Meet so many amazing people and spent so nice time with them ! I really recomend to join trips organized by Iwi. Had some unforgettable memories from all of them . Good breakfast, friendly hosts, all familly was very helpfull.. Place worth to stay! Sincerelly your polish friend Mateusz. Cheers Srdjan!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Mama Milka made this the best hostel ever. She's amazingly hospitable and lovely and made me feel right at home. My airline lost my bags and she gave me her daughter's clothes to wear. One of the most generous and wonderful people. The other staff were super friendly and helpful as well.

Lovely hostel run by a family. Definitely take advantage of their tours and breakfasts! 10 minutes away from the old town via a bus that runs every 10 minutes from 5.30am - 2.00am. There is a kitchen and a common room where it is really easy to meet other travellers, great for those in groups as well as solo travellers. Just bear in mind there aren't any 'lockers' per se. There are safety deposit boxes which you get the key to, but nothing to put your luggage into. Definitely recommend here!

LOVED this Hostel! Buffet breakfast was inexpensive & sooo good - Melka cares about her guests like they're family! Amazing tours everyday to Mostar & private boat cruises with Melka's son as the guide - AH.MAZE.ING! We went on the snorkeling/boat trip and it was the best day of my entire backpacking trip! Evie is thee best guide. Beyond all that hostel is only a short bus trip from Old Town, and 80 kuna taxi from the Bus Station. Clean, provide towel, have great common area & a/c. STAY HERE!!

Not sure why the reviews are so brilliant about this hostel. It's mainly the guests that make your stay so positive. The bathroom was very dirty and the towel was soaking for days that you stepped out onto. Security was an issue as there was just a small corridor to put your luggage in but no lock on the door so anybody could walk in off the street if they wanted to. I also found the guy who picked up from the airport to be very judgemental of me which is not what you want when arriving.

• 13th Aug 2014

Such a great hostel! It's unlike any other hiatal I've stayed in the family go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and at home, from the amazing home cooked breakfast to tips on what to see. The communal areas are good, especially as a solo traveller, all around I rate this place highly !!

The family who run the hostel are lovely people who will help you with whatever problem you have

Good atmosphere. No lockers.

We do have lockers and they are free of costs!And they are decent size for all modern laptops/tablets plus big camera plus valet or other valuables!We are just not sure did you left review for us or some other property...But its happening when you are traveling fast.Regards, DBC team

Amazing location, beautiful family and great vibe. Really enjozed my stay, would highly recommend this hostel!

• 7th Aug 2014

The hostel hosts were very nice and accommodating and it almost makes up for the state of things there. The rooms feel like you are living in their home and don't have any lockers for you things or really even any place to put your bags. Hosts are really wonderful though and run awesome trips, highly recommend the trips. If you aren't a neat freak then try them out!

Sorry but:We do have lockers, free of costs, decent size for all modern laptops/tablets plus big camera plus valet or other valuables!Also our luggage room is just next to lockers.Both were just next to common room so they were in front of your nose!There is a big sign there as well, since we cant ask each guest do they need locker...but next time ask for whatever you may need, we ll have it, including free parking, cheap laundry service, early wake up call, early breakkie etc.Regards, DBC team

Great hostel run by lovely family. Everyone was very accommodating and the cheap breakfast that was cooked in the mornings was delicious! Showers are warm with good water pressure, computers available and printer for use, cinema room is great, AMAZING WIFI, and even though it's on the opposite side of the old town the bus only costs around $6 for a 24 hour ticket and takes less than 20 minutes. Was sick the week I was here but the family made me feel right at home! Definitely recommend!

the location is a bit out of town but the bus comes often and the view from the hostel is brill!! the hostel was busy/over booked but they found room for everyone. there is tours every day and we had a pretty decent night out in dubrovnik

Short walk and a 10-15 minute bus ride to the Old Town, but still a decent amount of stuff to do in the area with the promenade. Great family and staff that works there to make breakfast and help you with setting up as well as providing tours. Grill outside that you can use which is nice and a decent sized common area to hang out at and meet other travelers. I would stay here again when I go back to Dubrovnik.

Great place ! The family that run the place are really warm and they make you feel like you're at home. Location is great, a bit outside the city and away from all the tourists. Breakfast is great and its a great place to meet a lot of people if you're travelling alone.

Everything was amazing!