Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The family who run the hostel are lovely people who will help you with whatever problem you have

Good atmosphere. No lockers.

We do have lockers and they are free of costs!And they are decent size for all modern laptops/tablets plus big camera plus valet or other valuables!We are just not sure did you left review for us or some other property...But its happening when you are traveling fast.Regards, DBC team

Amazing location, beautiful family and great vibe. Really enjozed my stay, would highly recommend this hostel!

• 7th Aug 2014

The hostel hosts were very nice and accommodating and it almost makes up for the state of things there. The rooms feel like you are living in their home and don't have any lockers for you things or really even any place to put your bags. Hosts are really wonderful though and run awesome trips, highly recommend the trips. If you aren't a neat freak then try them out!

Sorry but:We do have lockers, free of costs, decent size for all modern laptops/tablets plus big camera plus valet or other valuables!Also our luggage room is just next to lockers.Both were just next to common room so they were in front of your nose!There is a big sign there as well, since we cant ask each guest do they need locker...but next time ask for whatever you may need, we ll have it, including free parking, cheap laundry service, early wake up call, early breakkie etc.Regards, DBC team

Great hostel run by lovely family. Everyone was very accommodating and the cheap breakfast that was cooked in the mornings was delicious! Showers are warm with good water pressure, computers available and printer for use, cinema room is great, AMAZING WIFI, and even though it's on the opposite side of the old town the bus only costs around $6 for a 24 hour ticket and takes less than 20 minutes. Was sick the week I was here but the family made me feel right at home! Definitely recommend!

the location is a bit out of town but the bus comes often and the view from the hostel is brill!! the hostel was busy/over booked but they found room for everyone. there is tours every day and we had a pretty decent night out in dubrovnik

Short walk and a 10-15 minute bus ride to the Old Town, but still a decent amount of stuff to do in the area with the promenade. Great family and staff that works there to make breakfast and help you with setting up as well as providing tours. Grill outside that you can use which is nice and a decent sized common area to hang out at and meet other travelers. I would stay here again when I go back to Dubrovnik.

Great place ! The family that run the place are really warm and they make you feel like you're at home. Location is great, a bit outside the city and away from all the tourists. Breakfast is great and its a great place to meet a lot of people if you're travelling alone.

Everything was amazing!

Loved my stay at DBC! The Perkovic family was lovely and made everyone feel at home. They offer a bunch of awesome day trips for a good price and they have lots of tips on what to do while you're in Dubrovnik. The hostel was clean, well maintained, had a common area for people to hang out and socialize, and a good size kitchen to cook! It is about a 10 minute bus ride from the old town, but I preferred that since the town is so busy! There are beaches near by and grocery stores so it's great!

I absolutely loved my stay here, best hostel by far. The day trips organised by staff where amazing and great value. Also gave you a chance to meet all the other traveller and make life long friends. Lovely rooms, good aircon, great staff. A bus trip to the old town but defiantly worth it!

Wonderful family run hostel. Great breakfast made by Milka each morning. I needed to stay for another night and they were very accommodating. Out of the way of the very centre of town but very easy to get around. Close to beaches and a great place to meet other travellers.

Location from old town was kinda of far, like 45 min walk far. It's a 20 min walk from some lame over crowded rocky beaches though haha. By time I left I was sick of French toast..

I had booked for three nights and for the first night I was offered a couch converted into bed. To make it worse, it was in a room which was not even air conditioned. It was not definitely worth its 35 euros price. Even the bed that was offered for the next two nights was too cramped. On the positive side, the family that runs the hostel is great. They treat you like their own family. The breakfast for 20 kunas was EXCEPTIONAL! What made the hostel special was the people.

You really cannot fault Dubrovnik Backpackers Club. It's probably the best hostel I've stayed at, anywhere. Milka and the family are some of the most generous and friendly people, while the day tours they offer are great value and memorable. It's a fair walk from the Old Town, around 30-40 minutes, but the bus takes around 10 minutes and is cheap. Being further away from the Old Town means prices are much better, and there are some great beaches 10 minutes' walk from the hostel.

Amazing people working and great atmosphere!

Milka, her husband, and their kids were the greatest owners we met. They are so welcoming with everyone, they are your family for your stay. Milka makes the best french toast in the morning. She even repaired our broken bag. There is a common room where we feel at home and it is easy to meet people. The only thing is it's located far away from the center, but you can take one bus in front and you are there directly. I would definitely go there again !

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was safe, secure, and fairly priced. I only planned 3 days in Dubrovnik but could have stayed a few more in order to take advantage of some of the tours they offered at the hostel. The staff were very nice. I liked the all you can eat french-toast breakfast (about $4) with Milka's homemade jams.. Fairly quiet place about 30 minute walk from old town and 15 minutes from several beaches. It's on a hill with a pretty view of the city.

Lovely hosts and car service was good but the actual hostel and facilities were not value for money in my opinion. They do offer a good breaky I am told and are very conscientious with organising tours. Our 4 person dorm was cramped and one girl was sleeping in the sunroom. It is a long way from the old town (you have to catch a cramped bus in). Especially if you are a couple or traveling with friends, we found an apartment closer or in old town is the same price.

Great friendly family run hostel who go out of their way to help and make you feel at home. It's a bus ride away from the old town which is nice especially in busy season. Fun hostel atmosphere.

• 19th Jul 2014