Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I really liked the hostel. It is a little bit far from the center but very close to some nice beaches. It is also very easy to go from there to the old town. The couple that manages the hostel is lovely. They make everything possible for you feel like home. I would definitely recommend this hostel. Thanks for everything!

Nice hostel run by a lovely family, I got sick while I was there and they were so nice and caring! Delicious breakfast, cool area to chill out with other hostel guests (closed at 11 though), wasn't in the old town but there was a bus that got you there in under 10 minutes, good food places nearby, good wifi. Overall a pretty good hostel!

Amazing hostel! Best part was the people without a doubt. Made some memorable relationships in my 3 nights there, and they always attract great people because of its reputation. Staff were incredible as well. Milka makes great breakfast, Srdj comes out to party with you and shows you the good clubs and everybody else was very nice and helpful. Location is a little far from old town where everything happens, about 10 min bus ride, but that isn't a big deal. All in all great experience!

This hostel is amazing! I ended up getting sick and needing to go to the hospital. Luckily it was nothing too serious, but the hostel went above and beyond to make me feel safe and comfortable. Nikolai drove me to the hospital, picked me up, and took me to the pharmacy. The hostel mom made being away from my own mom feel not so far away. I loved her breakfast and she is so nice. The hostel is clean with fun common areas to meet people. Bus is close by and they offer good cool tours!

Best hostel in Croatia! The family who run the place are the loveliest people in the world and remember everybody's names, cooks great breakfast and are always helpful. It's not a party hostel but then Dubrovnik is not a party city so don't come expecting that. I had the best time at this hostel, would HIGHLY recommend it! Thank you for helping make Dubrovnik so amazing!

• 6th Sep 2015

This hostel is 3-4km from the Old Town, however bus number 6 comes every 10 minutes and it runs until 2.30am - 5.30am so you're covered for transport. It's a quiet area, no drinking past 11 in hostel area, so sleeping is easy! Everyone goes out drinking at 11. Dorms lock automatically but do you trust you're roommates? Staff here are incredible, it's family run, and you become family during your stay, it's incredible really how wonderful these people are. I would 100% stay here again.

What a lovely hostel. The staff are all so friendly and really make you feel like part of the family, rather than simply a guest. Milka's breakfast is incredible (best French toast I've ever tasted!) and her husband woke up at 4am to take me and another guest to the airport. Their sons (Josip and Nicola) and Srdjan really mingle with the guests - drinking with us at the hostel and the Old City. If you are a female, then Srdjan might try to charm you though :D Will definitely stay here again!

Great family run hostel, the vibe was a lot more relaxing. Only stayed for one night but we had a warm shower comfortable bed and a great breakfast in the morning, location was about a 15 min bus ride into old town but the bus ran very frequently and it was only a short 20 meter walk to the bus stop

Nice hostel in a quiet location . Regular bus into the old town. The family that run the hostel are lovely and will help with any advice you need.

Amazing hostel, met some wonderful people while I'm there. Milka's breakfast was delicious. The daily boat trip is a must, they take you to hidden caves which is not touristy at all, you swim through caves and tunnels and they have an underwater camera ! Meeting Srdjan (who works there) was the highlight of the trip, we had an unforgettable 3 days together in Dubrovnik.

The family were fantastic. I was very happy there on my retro orange bed. Everyone was happy there. What more could you want.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Scotland

I really enjoyed my experience here. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. They were eager to help and the breakfast that you can have for a very inexpensive price was amazing. It is a bus ride into the old town, but a short walk to the beach. The common areas are great which made the atmosphere very enjoyable.

Nice homely feel and all staff very helpful. Definitely recommend the GOT combined 4-8pm tour - I don't watch game of thrones but absolutely loved this trip! There's so much more to it and it was so much fun!

Milka was awesome! Hostel is really clean but there is no a place to stay to talk and drink after 11 pm. Anyway, our stay was great. Recommended if you are looking for a really quiet place.

excellent atmosphere, great location and being well taken care of make this hostel a great place to stay!

An absolutely amazing place! Great staff - very friendly, welcoming and made you feel like in a family. Breakfast is the best! Atmosphere is good too - I was backpacking solo, so it had a good atmosphere to meet people like me. Location is a bit far from old town, however, very close to nice beaches. Highly recommended!

Had an absolutely amazing stay at DBC! The staff were all so friendly and helpful; arranging pickups, providing tours and giving us any information we need. The homemade breakfasts at the hostel were a definite highlight, delicious! Would stay here again in a heartbeat. :)

Really nothing bad to say except to keep up. For sure I will come back!

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Everyone really friendly and welcoming, despite travelling alone I immediately felt like I'd been there for ages. I loved the combo GoT tour as well, and I don't even watch it. Everything was so beautiful, and I learnt so much. Thanks!

• 26th Aug 2015

This is a lovely little family-run hostel located about 15 mins by bus from the old city. The atmosphere is cosy and Teresa. Nice common area to meet and chat with other guests, as well as a kitchen and a barbecue to use if you wish to cook for yourself. The hostel is about a 10 ,inure walk from several lovely beaches and a nice area with lots of restaurants which are somewhat cheaper than nearer the centre of the city. The owners are lovely, and the breakfast is great !