Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The afternoon I arrived I was extremely unwell, I was feeling really stressed being in a forein country and not knowing if I needed a doctor, luckily when I arrived I was greated warmly, better than the hotel I had been previously! I felt welcome and at home and when I really needed just someone that cared I got more than that with the family that ran this hostel! I cannot thank them enough for their hospitality, I had a great stay and the special welcome travellers cough drink went down a treat

• 8th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Outstanding hostel. Breakfast is roughly £3.

Great hostel run by a family which makes you feel very welcome when you arrive, and treat you very well during your stray. Great atmosphere, easy to meet people. Their boat trip is awesome. The breakfast is great and cheap (for Dubrovnik prices). Only 2 downsides are: just a bit far from the center and the outside area closes at 10PM and common area at 11 PM.

A good hostel with very nice staff (family bussines), very comfortable as well.

Milka, the hostel manager, makes you feel as if you're meeting an aunt you haven't seen in a long time. She's amazing. The hostel is clean, the staff is friendly and there is a great atmosphere between the guests. They pay attention to detail, for example, by having a power strip for each bed. The place is clean, beds are ok and rooms have aircon. It is a bit far from the city center but has a bus stop nearby.

I ve been very nicely welcomed by the family who runs the hostel and the staff is also great. It's far from the center but there s a bus that runs until 2am (too early though !). Good atmosphere, the boat cruise is cool to do, the breakfast even better I reckon :)

Truly the best hostel I have ever stayed at :) Thank you for an amazing stay!!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Great hostel. Such a close knit feel. Always get the breakfast! To die for, especially if you've been traveling non stop for a while. The staff is fun and helpful and wants to know you and your story. The hostel provides great services such as a cave tour! Definitely worth the trip, such a fun day.

bit expensive in the summer season but had a great stay and enjoyed a lot! :)

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Finland

Great for solo travelers! The hostel is run by great people and it just has an open, friendly atmosphere. You can watch GOT on a comfy couch, there's a decent enough kitchen, and it's near a supermarket. The rooms have good AC, the beds are pretty comfy and they even have their own little reading lights.

Best hostel I've stayed in. I ended up needing to change my dates and they were so accommodating. And The breakfast was great!!! Close to beaches too! They made us feel so welcomed!

The staff there are absolutely awesome - they make you feel welcome straight away with a drink and probably some snacks and go out of their way to try and make sure your stay is fantastic. Hostel has super comfortable bunks and is in a nice neighborhood though not really within walking distant of old town.

This is the perfect spot for solo travelers. It's so easy to meet other travelers also staying here! The hostel is family-run and has such a welcoming feel. All the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, they make you feel right at home. They really go the extra mile. Facilities were clean and tidy. Hostel is just a 10 min. bus ride from the center and walking distance from the beach. If I'm ever back in Dubrovnik, there's no doubt that I will be staying at this hostel again.

Great time at dubrovnik backpackers club, few of the highlights were the helpfulness of the staff (including pickup from the bus station), the comfort of the rooms especially the air con (a must in summer), the television room which was great to unwind in after a big day and the boat tour run through the hostel which was a fantastic and rewarding experience. Overall a great stay at this family run hostel!

This is he best hostel i have ever stayed in! the family who run it welcome you so wonderfully, have felt so happy, safe and relaxed whilst staying here as a solo traveller. I have stayed at this hostel three times and i cannot recommend it enough as a place to meet single travelers. they run a AMAZING caving boat tour which has been one of the highlights of my trip! the lovely hardworking lady who runs it makes the most amazing french toast, eggs, homemade jams and yummy fruit breakfast!

• 27th Jul 2015

Treated me like a part of the family. Highly recommend this hostel. Do the boat trip!

• 27th Jul 2015

I cannot think of any problems with this hostel. the people are lovely and the location is great, being out of Old Town things are cheaper. I meet some awesome people, and it seemed that most travelers where traveling alone, which makes the atmosphere a lot more friendly. one of the best!!

F A N T A S T I C ! My parter and I had a great stay in this Hostel! The location is perfect because there is restaurants, cafes, grocery stores etc just down the road and it only took 10mins max on the bus to get to "Old Town".The hostel has a beautiful view of Dubrovnik up on the hill and overall has a really great, friendly atmosphere! The staff go above and beyond to help you out when ever needed! Great place to meet and greet and the kitchen facilities are good! Wifi and Aircon work well!

Friendly staff and guests. Priced in the top tier for a hostel in a B grade location (albeit I visited in high season). Very clean and the mother is a lovely warm lady. They do tend to nickel and dime you for breakfast, tours, laundry, key deposits, etc. I would find a place in old town if I were to return.

Rather far out of Old town. Hostel staff were very welcoming but very disorganised! Good for a bed and shower and felt safe!