Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I was sad that I had to leave. I would go back to Dubrovnik just so I could stay here again. I will be dreaming of Milkas breakfast until I return again one day. And the boat tour made my trip memorable. Thanks DBC team! I miss you guys already!!

Nikola and his family were very welcoming and friendly, and I was greeted with a shot of homemade liqueur, some homemade sweetcakes and watermelon, it was amazing. The breakfast was amazing and worth the price and if I was there for longer than 1 night I would have loved to have gone on one of their boat tours. This hostel is not the cheapest but if you're willing to spend the money I think it's worth the price.

A fantastic place to stay, the whole family is lovely and friendly and make you feel at home. The location seems far from the old town but it's cheap, easy and quick to get a bus there so it's not a problem. I recommend booking their boat tour as soon as you get there because it's a really fun day out and the slots fill up quick! Definitely more value for money than the boat tours they run elsewhere. Overall I had a great experience here.

A friendly hostel with many good aspects: the staff (a family) are helpful and polite, they run great day trips and have a cool chill out room. You can reach the beach, a supermarket and some other things, but most things in Dubrovnik have to be reached by bus. Should also be noted that the terrace area shuts and 10pm, and the whole communal area at 11pm. Also 'luxury' dorms are pretty much just standard rooms.

Never stayed in an hostel with nicer staff!!! It's a bit like mixture between a family run B&B and a hostel. Grandma prepares optional breakfast (4€), One of the grandsons offers an optional guided city (GoT-)tour (33€) an a boat trip (50€), which I can highly recommend!

• 16th Jul 2015

Dubrovnik is an expensive city to stay in, so this is probably one of the better value places you will get. They have a Game of Thrones room (with A/C) which is awesome, kitchen facilities and breakfast for extra if you want. You can also use their computer to book things which is useful and they have good value day tours on offer too! Bus stop is right near the hostel, only takes about 15 minutes to Old Town. Supermarket close by as well which is handy! Would recommend!

Family run hostel. A wonderful family who are make you feel so welcome. They go beyond to satisfy the customer and I will definitely be coming back when I'm in dubrovnik again. 5 stars. Definitely recommended, it's no wonder they won the top hostel award.

Genuinely friendly and helpful people run this hostel. It's the family hostel experience without the invasion of privacy. The hostel is located a bit far from downtown, but I will definitely stay there again someday.

Excellent hostel! The best staff I've had on my trip, everyone was helpful and understanding! The tour guide really knew what he was doing and knew stories and places you'd never hear or go to elsewhere. They even went through extra-trouble to get me&my friend to the boat tour when we forgot to sign up for it in time! Loved our stay and would recommend. PS. The breakfast was amazing

Fantastic hostel! The very best family runs this place and makes everyone feel at home and tries to ensure everyone has a good time.

My stay was great! The family that runs the hostel is super friendly and helpful. It was a nice place to be as a solo traveler: easy to meet others to do something or just to hang out in the common area at least. The tours offered are worth it, especially the boat tour. The breakfast is worth getting at least once or twice during your stay (especially if you have a big day coming up). It's an easy location to get to old town from -- bus is convenient and runs late. Airport pickup = also helpful.

• 14th Jul 2015

Love this place!

• 14th Jul 2015

Great place to stay, just a short bus from the Old City and some cool beaches. The family that runs it made it feel like home. I've never stayed in a place where the common room was such a perfect oasis from the heat and tourism bustle of the rest of the city.

Wow! Now this was a cool hostel! The oldest son does the tours, the mom cooks breakfast and does the laundry, the daughter cleans the rooms, it is a real family hostel! They learn your name & call you by it when they see you. When you check in, they tell you where the ATM's, the supermarkets, bus stop is, etc. Very helpful! It's a 10 minute bus ride to the Old Town, but there's still plenty to do near the hostel. There's a great view there and beaches nearby

This hostel was lovely! You are welcomed with a local drink and given a great introduction to the local area with a detailed map. The family staff were very friendly and made us feel at home, great facilities and an amazing breakfast available at a small extra cost. Great atmosphere with lovely common areas and the boat tour offered was great fun, showcasing local spots we would not have seen otherwise, thank you!

Great atmosphere! The owners are so sweet and really want you to have a great time in Dubrovnik!

A family vibe that is very welcoming. No troubles with anyone at the hostel everyone there was extremely social and up for a chat. The day trip snorkling and boating is definitely worth checking out. That hostel made my trip to Dubrovnik. Would stay there again.

Nice sociable hostel everyone was very friendly and I was greeted with a shot of home brewed wine and free food. They are very strong about keeping your room locked which is good to respect other people in your room. We all went to the clubs and did alot together even the two guys came out to the town. Td us some great spots and mapped it all out. Only bad thing was it was up a giant Hill and you had to catch the bus to old town which takes 20 mins but in summer it took me an hour so busy. Great

Staff was very friendly and helpful - check out their breakfast, that's money well spent! It's a very social hostel where everyone gets to know each other, but it's quiet enough to get a good night's sleep if you don't go out. Would love to come back.

I was travelling solo and met amazing solo travellers as well. The staff was awesome and I even had soup with them for dinner, because I checked in at night. They give great tips of the city and the boat tour to the caves was also amazing! I would definitely come back!!