Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I absolutely loved my stay here, best hostel by far. The day trips organised by staff where amazing and great value. Also gave you a chance to meet all the other traveller and make life long friends. Lovely rooms, good aircon, great staff. A bus trip to the old town but defiantly worth it!

Wonderful family run hostel. Great breakfast made by Milka each morning. I needed to stay for another night and they were very accommodating. Out of the way of the very centre of town but very easy to get around. Close to beaches and a great place to meet other travellers.

Location from old town was kinda of far, like 45 min walk far. It's a 20 min walk from some lame over crowded rocky beaches though haha. By time I left I was sick of French toast..

I had booked for three nights and for the first night I was offered a couch converted into bed. To make it worse, it was in a room which was not even air conditioned. It was not definitely worth its 35 euros price. Even the bed that was offered for the next two nights was too cramped. On the positive side, the family that runs the hostel is great. They treat you like their own family. The breakfast for 20 kunas was EXCEPTIONAL! What made the hostel special was the people.

You really cannot fault Dubrovnik Backpackers Club. It's probably the best hostel I've stayed at, anywhere. Milka and the family are some of the most generous and friendly people, while the day tours they offer are great value and memorable. It's a fair walk from the Old Town, around 30-40 minutes, but the bus takes around 10 minutes and is cheap. Being further away from the Old Town means prices are much better, and there are some great beaches 10 minutes' walk from the hostel.

Amazing people working and great atmosphere!

Milka, her husband, and their kids were the greatest owners we met. They are so welcoming with everyone, they are your family for your stay. Milka makes the best french toast in the morning. She even repaired our broken bag. There is a common room where we feel at home and it is easy to meet people. The only thing is it's located far away from the center, but you can take one bus in front and you are there directly. I would definitely go there again !

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was safe, secure, and fairly priced. I only planned 3 days in Dubrovnik but could have stayed a few more in order to take advantage of some of the tours they offered at the hostel. The staff were very nice. I liked the all you can eat french-toast breakfast (about $4) with Milka's homemade jams.. Fairly quiet place about 30 minute walk from old town and 15 minutes from several beaches. It's on a hill with a pretty view of the city.

Lovely hosts and car service was good but the actual hostel and facilities were not value for money in my opinion. They do offer a good breaky I am told and are very conscientious with organising tours. Our 4 person dorm was cramped and one girl was sleeping in the sunroom. It is a long way from the old town (you have to catch a cramped bus in). Especially if you are a couple or traveling with friends, we found an apartment closer or in old town is the same price.

Great friendly family run hostel who go out of their way to help and make you feel at home. It's a bus ride away from the old town which is nice especially in busy season. Fun hostel atmosphere.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Great Hostel. Good day trips offered, lovely staff!!

My 4 nights at the backpackers club were incredible, was literally staying with a caring family who wanted me to have the greatest time. Highlights were definitely Milka's french toast with home made marmalades and Ivi's amazing day trips to Bosnia and the caves surrounding Dubrovnik. I think Ivi was probably the best tour guide I have encountered as he entertained us and shared all his Croatian wisdom, it was as though we were travelling with an old friend. I 100% reccomend this place!! Marcus

It's a great place to stay and the owners are fantastic.

A little bit out of the main town, but very well connected by the bus and really close to beaches and restaurants anyway. The day trips organised by the hostel were fantastic and of fantastic value. The family running it were incredibly nice and very helpful.

The family running the hostel makes it all worthwhile. They're so helpful and make you feel at home right away- plus the homemade breakfasts of fried eggs and French toast are delicious! It a little ways over from the old city but a short bus ride and we ended up just walking there and back which takes about 45 mins. Especially in the peak summer season it was so nice to be out of town and in a quieter area (plus it's walking distance to a beach) oh, and their pillows and fabulous.

This hostel was ok... Just a bus ride away from the old town which was convenient ...I thought it was abut weird that the whole fam hung out on the top floor kitchen, I sometimes felt like I was staying in someone's house and it was awkward bec they have family dinners and such and speak Croatian, Not the best value for money!

This is a wonderful hostel. The trips are of incredibly good quality, and I would recommend this hostel to anyone who visits Dubrovnik. The staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful. Rooms and facilities are clean and the cooking facilities are all good. Great atmosphere and a short distance away from all of the main attractions, providing opportunities for nice walks.

I have been there for 3 nights. The hostel is pretty good, but if you want to go to the old city center you have to catch a bus, and you have to pay 2€ for only one ticket, so the hostel is FAR from the center (10-15 minutes by bus). The staff were very kind and helpful, but the hostel was very expensive, I have been in a lot better hostels paying half a price...

Great family and very convenient to lots of areas- the day trips ran by Evie were fantastic and the ability to rent a car and hit other spots was great. I would return.

Thank You! What makes our unique trips fantastic is personal approach, groups up to 6, leaving big groups in buses behind, reaching of the beaten track and secret spots!!! We recommend you programs which fits everyone's style and rhythm. Our location is great to relax in garden and on terrace with spectacular view after exploring crowds in old town. Cave bar, lots of beaches and trails through parks in our area - Lapad are there for it as well! Welcome again! DBC family team

Amazing family run hostel, they were so good, took us out in a boat tour and for dinner. Can't recommend highly enough! Hostel only 10 ,minutes from old town by bus.