Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Such a wonderful place and people! We couldn't make our first night of our stay because my friend had food poisoning and despite us calling too late they cancelled the fee for that night. Breakfast was amazing and there's agreat family vibe that's very comforting after long periods of travel. Can't fault!

Breakfast is amazing at Dubrovnik Backpackers Club. I love how everyone sits down together at the same table, it brought a little bit of home to backpacking. The staff were very friendly and had lots of suggestions for what we could do. The tours run by the hostel were also excellent, don't miss the boat trip! This is a fantastic hostel for solo travellers.

I LOVED this hostel, at first I thought it was a little different however I quickly got into this wacky vibe of it all. Great facilities, it's got everything you need, close to the town, large kitchen, TV room and strong internet. I loved the mothers breakfasts, especially the courgette fritters. I will be back!

The staff is nice, friendly and helpful. This is an family hostel and they live together with the backpackers. If you have any kind of problem you can alsways (really always) go upstairs and ask. But the hostel is so expensive and dirty. You have air condition but you don't want to use them because of the mold inside. YOu have also rooms without windows. The bathrooms are dirty and the linen doesen't seem clean.

We have person working 24 hours to ensure security, reception and early/late departures or arrivals. Dubrovnik is expensive for locals as well, more than for someone coming from West Europe, but you are probably not interested into this. We allow that our cleaning lady had bad day when you stayed but none else didnt complained and if it was issue, in our country we have freedom of speech to change things using simple words, try this sometimes, it works ;-) We are second cleanest hostel here btw

So friendly. Felt just like home.

Family run hostel that were very friendly, offered free pick up from bus station and drinks/fruit upon arrival! Very friendly and welcoming. The boat trip with the hostel is so personal and definitely worth it such an amazing stay!

Amazing hostel. great for solo travellers highly recommended. It's a family run hostel and you'll love it

Lovely staff especially Milka! Nice atmosphere but not really a party place, if thats what you are looking for. Room was comfortable but shower was not nice, didnt drain properly which was pretty gross! Good transport links to the old town which is beautiful and not too far from the copacabana beach which is lovely!

This was a lovely hostel run by a wonderful, welcoming family! The facilities were great with a fully equipped kitchen, a common room with a TV, great aircon, speedy wifi and secure lockers. However we didn't find it very sociable despite the common area - maybe organised bar crawls/events would be a good way to meet people. The location was quite far out but the bus stop is very close and takes 15mins to the old city. Beaches were close though and the breakfast is amazing and great value!

One of the bests hostels I have stayed, good environment, very good homemade breakfast (paid), great staff, great for solo travellers, the only problem is that the social areas closes at 11pm.

• 14th Aug 2015

Hosts are a family who are very very welcoming! They even offer you a local drink as a welcoming! The hostel is about 15-20 min bus ride from old town, which actually isn't that big a deal, especially as the bus stop is about 20m from the door. It is about 10 min walk to the beaches of Dubrovnik. Dorms have a/c which is key in summer! Wifi worked well. I had an enjoyable stay

Dubrovnik backpackers club was a great choice as the hostel is run by a family and friends. Milka the mother was very welcoming starting with a homemade drink and then every morning a cheap breakfast with other guests. It was like staying with family! Location wise it's great for going to the old city and there is a beach nearby, but the supermarkets are a little far. Very secure and the facilities were kept clean and well managed. Would definitely stay again.

I liked and recommend DBC. The boat tour was quirky and lovely and worth it. It's a little further out from old town than I expected, but the area has beaches and restaurants aplenty so a trip to old town isn't always necessary. The staff (family who runs the hostel) are helpful. Note- up a hill and no elevator to the 3rd floor hostel, if that matters to you. I'm s not a problem, just thought some people might want to know.

This is one of the best hostels we have stayed in!! It's like being welcomed into a family home you have visited for years! Nothing is too much trouble! They picked us up from the bus station free of charge and the breakfasts in the morning can't be missed, made by mother herself! Homemade honey brandy was waiting for us on arrival and the boat trip run on their family boat was a great day! Could not recommend this place higher! If ever in Dubrovnik again I will be back. Thank you backpackers!

Hostel was great - nothing bad to say. This is a family run hostel, and everyone is really sweet and considerate :) It's a bit out of the way, but like everyone says, it's easy to get into town.

A wonderful hostel where you feel at home. A short bus trip to the old town and close to some amazing beaches.

The afternoon I arrived I was extremely unwell, I was feeling really stressed being in a forein country and not knowing if I needed a doctor, luckily when I arrived I was greated warmly, better than the hotel I had been previously! I felt welcome and at home and when I really needed just someone that cared I got more than that with the family that ran this hostel! I cannot thank them enough for their hospitality, I had a great stay and the special welcome travellers cough drink went down a treat

• 8th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Outstanding hostel. Breakfast is roughly £3.

Great hostel run by a family which makes you feel very welcome when you arrive, and treat you very well during your stray. Great atmosphere, easy to meet people. Their boat trip is awesome. The breakfast is great and cheap (for Dubrovnik prices). Only 2 downsides are: just a bit far from the center and the outside area closes at 10PM and common area at 11 PM.

A good hostel with very nice staff (family bussines), very comfortable as well.