Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

F A N T A S T I C ! My parter and I had a great stay in this Hostel! The location is perfect because there is restaurants, cafes, grocery stores etc just down the road and it only took 10mins max on the bus to get to "Old Town".The hostel has a beautiful view of Dubrovnik up on the hill and overall has a really great, friendly atmosphere! The staff go above and beyond to help you out when ever needed! Great place to meet and greet and the kitchen facilities are good! Wifi and Aircon work well!

Friendly staff and guests. Priced in the top tier for a hostel in a B grade location (albeit I visited in high season). Very clean and the mother is a lovely warm lady. They do tend to nickel and dime you for breakfast, tours, laundry, key deposits, etc. I would find a place in old town if I were to return.

Rather far out of Old town. Hostel staff were very welcoming but very disorganised! Good for a bed and shower and felt safe!

great place to stay, a bit removed from the old town which is nice because it feels a bit more relaxed. the staff here were all excellent, really friendly and put the effort in to make your stay fun. the boat cruise was an awesome day, and well worth the money. since the hostel isnt very big,it created a very social atmosphere and I made some good friendships. highly recommended. probably the best hostel I have stayed at.

Absolutely loved my stay here! I'd definitely recommend doing one of the tours they offer from the hostel. Everyone who works there just makes you feel like family--can't wait to go back!

Nice rooms and staff

Great stay, very friendly family run hostel. Easy access to town via bus outside hostel.

had to stay another night as this place looks after you and makes you feel part of the family

More of a chill out hostel. It's run by a very friendly family. They are far from Old Town, but if you are looking for some relaxing time by the beach it's a good option. They have an amazing boat tour which is run by themselves: the 3 caves tour. Don't miss it! Common areas close a bit too soon. So after 22:00 there is no place for social gathering.

Nice hostel run by a lovely family! It has a kitchen, cinema room and an outside seating area to relax in. Definitely do the boat tour, they take you snorkelling and give you free sangria! But if you are looking for a party hostel and a fun atmosphere don't stay here- it's located quite far from the Old city and the staff shut down all the social areas at 10pm. Also no wifi in the the rooms.

There wasn't A/C in our part of the room which wasn't ideal. That was the only downside though as the breakfast was worth every penny and the boat trip was the highlight of our trip.

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I was sad that I had to leave. I would go back to Dubrovnik just so I could stay here again. I will be dreaming of Milkas breakfast until I return again one day. And the boat tour made my trip memorable. Thanks DBC team! I miss you guys already!!

Nikola and his family were very welcoming and friendly, and I was greeted with a shot of homemade liqueur, some homemade sweetcakes and watermelon, it was amazing. The breakfast was amazing and worth the price and if I was there for longer than 1 night I would have loved to have gone on one of their boat tours. This hostel is not the cheapest but if you're willing to spend the money I think it's worth the price.

A fantastic place to stay, the whole family is lovely and friendly and make you feel at home. The location seems far from the old town but it's cheap, easy and quick to get a bus there so it's not a problem. I recommend booking their boat tour as soon as you get there because it's a really fun day out and the slots fill up quick! Definitely more value for money than the boat tours they run elsewhere. Overall I had a great experience here.

A friendly hostel with many good aspects: the staff (a family) are helpful and polite, they run great day trips and have a cool chill out room. You can reach the beach, a supermarket and some other things, but most things in Dubrovnik have to be reached by bus. Should also be noted that the terrace area shuts and 10pm, and the whole communal area at 11pm. Also 'luxury' dorms are pretty much just standard rooms.

Never stayed in an hostel with nicer staff!!! It's a bit like mixture between a family run B&B and a hostel. Grandma prepares optional breakfast (4€), One of the grandsons offers an optional guided city (GoT-)tour (33€) an a boat trip (50€), which I can highly recommend!

• 16th Jul 2015

Dubrovnik is an expensive city to stay in, so this is probably one of the better value places you will get. They have a Game of Thrones room (with A/C) which is awesome, kitchen facilities and breakfast for extra if you want. You can also use their computer to book things which is useful and they have good value day tours on offer too! Bus stop is right near the hostel, only takes about 15 minutes to Old Town. Supermarket close by as well which is handy! Would recommend!

Family run hostel. A wonderful family who are make you feel so welcome. They go beyond to satisfy the customer and I will definitely be coming back when I'm in dubrovnik again. 5 stars. Definitely recommended, it's no wonder they won the top hostel award.

Genuinely friendly and helpful people run this hostel. It's the family hostel experience without the invasion of privacy. The hostel is located a bit far from downtown, but I will definitely stay there again someday.

Excellent hostel! The best staff I've had on my trip, everyone was helpful and understanding! The tour guide really knew what he was doing and knew stories and places you'd never hear or go to elsewhere. They even went through extra-trouble to get me&my friend to the boat tour when we forgot to sign up for it in time! Loved our stay and would recommend. PS. The breakfast was amazing