Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Milka and her family were such wonderful hosts! A bus ride away from Old Town, but super easy to get there from the hostel. We recommend it for sure!!

• 28th Jun 2014

Thanks!Bus ride to old town is 10 minutes and goes every 15 minutes till 3 in the morning!Our hostel is perfect if you want to have a break from touristy crowds and have a good sleep. Since people here stays longer its easy to meet everyone and to join some of daily programs which shows us hidden spots known by locals, either in Croatia, Montenegro or Bosnia...Welcome again! DBC team

Great place to meet new people! I am a solo traveler and made some amazing news friends, who I have since explored additional countries with. The staff are extremely nice and helpful.

The family that runs this place is great. So nice. I paid 160 kuna a night and for some reason I was charged 190 my last night even though I slept in the laundry room. The all girl dorm of four beds is cramped and no lockers. It also connects with the laundry room. My bed light didn't work and the room was dark at night. I heard the tours were good but didn't go on any. The location was par for the course. About 3-4 kms from old town and a 3$ bus fare each way.

Most amazing hostel experience ! Beautiful family run hostel, all the tours are super cool and not just your stock standard tours! Evie took us to the war museum, botanical gardens

When you go here you become part of something wider, a family. The hosts are like parents and will help you with everything, even a welcome drink of grappa when you arrive. We had one of their apartments with a lovely Croatian lady coming in to make sure we were ok/offering food everyday. This is real Croatia. Even though it is a bus ride away from old town it is completely worth it for the atmosphere. Great if your a solo traveller or in a group as it's easy to make friends and go out together

• 12th Jun 2014

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! The family that runs this were the greatest people you could meet! Could not have asked for more

• 11th Jun 2014

Staff and the people staying were really friendly but the room was too small for four people and all of our stuff! Location is alright though out of town - near to some good beaches though and there's a quick bus to the Old Town.

This is a family run hostel, and therefore every member of the staff is extremely welcoming and accommodating. There is a great common room with movies, music, and a great atmosphere. It's a bit of a distance from Old Town, but that was actually nice since Old Town is beautiful, a very popular tourist destination and I would never want to stay right near there. Would definitely stay here again.

Just got back from the most wonderful week at this hostel. Every member of the family we met went above and beyond in looking after us, it really felt like a home from home! The boat trip we took was a highlight, and the common area with the bbq had a great atmosphere. The area is simple enough to navigate around, with beaches, bars and restaurants within an easy walking distance. The advice given on your introduction is comprehensive and helpful. I would recommend it to absolutely anybody!

This family was amazing hosts for a hostel. Very welcoming and made me feel like I was at home! You HAVE to try Milkas breakfast and her homemade jams and honeys. She is an outstanding cook! Definitely a great stay here. Highly recommended.

A little bit outside the Old City but it is not really an issue. The Old City was so crowded it was nice to escape. Good location, very close to the bus stop, stunning beaches and some banks/supermarkets/etc. Staff were so friendly and helpful, there was a great atmosphere around the hostel. It was really great. Would highly recommend staying here.

So many travelers told me to stay here, and so glad I did! The family-run hostel was so homey, so helpful in terms of pointing you in the right direction and organizing tours, and a chill atmosphere. You do have to take the bus to get to the ol town, but that's NBD and there are cafes, restaurants, and beaches you can walk to in the neighborhood. And definitely spring for the breakfast in the AM. It is amazing!

I got a very thin sheet as my bed quilt. It got cold at night man. The beds are very questionable the way they are lined up. It is not like any other hostels I stayed at. Tthe guy who did the pick up was kind of passive agressive about the free pick up service telling me that I should just have taken the bus. I guess I just got the wrong first hand expression.. Overall just a dissapointed experience but everybody has a different opinion.... right?

• 26th May 2014
  • Denmark

Pretty good hostel. Run by a family, kids are cool, parents are strange. Breakfast is a lot of french toast every morning (or cereal, I think). Rooms were OK, I didn't find them too clean and they only give you a sheet for a blanket, although it's Dubrovnik and it's warm. Friendly, helpful and welcoming staff. Go on the boat day trip! It's amazing. Nice outdoor area with bench connected to kitchen for drinking/eating. The fortress museum on the hill is of a very low standard in my opinion.

A fantastic family run hostel, great breakfasts and very helpful staff

• 18th May 2014

I loved loved this Hostel, I've already sent all my fellow travelers I've met along the way who are headed to Dubrovnik that this is the hostel they want to be at. If you want a relaxed atmosphere, where you can meet laid back cool people this is the place you want. I love the family who runs the hostel they are so loving and caring you will feel at home. Eby one of the brothers runs the tours and it's such an awesome bonus and must due if you stay here. I would be back in a heartbeat.

The apartment is in good location but a little way from the Old Town. Having said that, it's only a 1 Euro bus ride in. The staff were incredible the whole time, always willing to help out and also running daily tours around Dubrovnik. I recommend you give these guys a try :-)

Great hostel, very clean and staff were very helpful. Definitely would stay again.

Best place to stay! Great family run hostel with good breakfast and value for money day trips! Even though put of town very convenient for buses as they are cheap. Supermarket super close and post office great to change money at. Overall an amazing hostel I would definitely stay again!

A family owned hostel with really great owners! They were really friendly and helpful. They make you feel so at home.