Dubrovnik Backpackers Club Reviews

Mostarska 2d, Dubrovnik, Croatia

This family was amazing hosts for a hostel. Very welcoming and made me feel like I was at home! You HAVE to try Milkas breakfast and her homemade jams and honeys. She is an outstanding cook! Definitely a great stay here. Highly recommended.

A little bit outside the Old City but it is not really an issue. The Old City was so crowded it was nice to escape. Good location, very close to the bus stop, stunning beaches and some banks/supermarkets/etc. Staff were so friendly and helpful, there was a great atmosphere around the hostel. It was really great. Would highly recommend staying here.

So many travelers told me to stay here, and so glad I did! The family-run hostel was so homey, so helpful in terms of pointing you in the right direction and organizing tours, and a chill atmosphere. You do have to take the bus to get to the ol town, but that's NBD and there are cafes, restaurants, and beaches you can walk to in the neighborhood. And definitely spring for the breakfast in the AM. It is amazing!

I got a very thin sheet as my bed quilt. It got cold at night man. The beds are very questionable the way they are lined up. It is not like any other hostels I stayed at. Tthe guy who did the pick up was kind of passive agressive about the free pick up service telling me that I should just have taken the bus. I guess I just got the wrong first hand expression.. Overall just a dissapointed experience but everybody has a different opinion.... right?

• 26th May 2014
  • Denmark

Pretty good hostel. Run by a family, kids are cool, parents are strange. Breakfast is a lot of french toast every morning (or cereal, I think). Rooms were OK, I didn't find them too clean and they only give you a sheet for a blanket, although it's Dubrovnik and it's warm. Friendly, helpful and welcoming staff. Go on the boat day trip! It's amazing. Nice outdoor area with bench connected to kitchen for drinking/eating. The fortress museum on the hill is of a very low standard in my opinion.

A fantastic family run hostel, great breakfasts and very helpful staff

• 18th May 2014

I loved loved this Hostel, I've already sent all my fellow travelers I've met along the way who are headed to Dubrovnik that this is the hostel they want to be at. If you want a relaxed atmosphere, where you can meet laid back cool people this is the place you want. I love the family who runs the hostel they are so loving and caring you will feel at home. Eby one of the brothers runs the tours and it's such an awesome bonus and must due if you stay here. I would be back in a heartbeat.

The apartment is in good location but a little way from the Old Town. Having said that, it's only a 1 Euro bus ride in. The staff were incredible the whole time, always willing to help out and also running daily tours around Dubrovnik. I recommend you give these guys a try :-)

Great hostel, very clean and staff were very helpful. Definitely would stay again.

Best place to stay! Great family run hostel with good breakfast and value for money day trips! Even though put of town very convenient for buses as they are cheap. Supermarket super close and post office great to change money at. Overall an amazing hostel I would definitely stay again!

A family owned hostel with really great owners! They were really friendly and helpful. They make you feel so at home.

This was my very first visit to Dubrovnik. I arrived exhausted, my initial booking elsewhere had fallen through. on arrival, I received a very warm welcome including a warm meal, welcome drink and a hug. The genuine friendliness & helpful family throughout my 2 week stay at DBC has made me decide that I want to return to dubrovnik on vacation with my family ; and when I do so, I will look no further than DBC. Thanks Mama Milka, 'Good Man', Ivvi, Nicola, Yosep & G. Warm regards. To tour nxt ti

• 12th May 2014
  • Kenya

As noted by pretty much everyone else on here this is an incredible hostel with terrific people looking to enjoy the city and staff that are very accommodating. it truly feels like being home especially for breakfast! if you haven't decided where to stay yet just book this place and you'll be happy you did.

This is a family run hostel and the mother actually feels like your mother figure in Dubrovnik - she cooks an exceptional breakfast and is always there to answer questions. This hostel is a located a little outside of the old city but is easily accessible by a bus that runs every 15 minutes and takes 10 minutes into town. The location isn't a problem and it allows for a lower price than the hostels closer to the city which is greatly appreciated. They also run their own tours which gives persona

BEST HOSTEL!! If you go to dubrovnik you MUST stay here! Run by the nicest family, came to pick me up even after my bus was late, invited me to eat lunch with them the moment I got there and took amazing care of me. In a good location easy to get to Old Town and other parts of the city. Great common area to relax and meet other people. You must do the tour run by Ebi, he takes you to secret spots in the city with local information and provides delicious lunch and wine. I will DEFINITELY be back!

Great hostel. It had a very unique feel, it felt more like a family than a hostel. They were very inviting and friendly.

Got accurate directions to reach hostel by the owner. Owner was helpful & his son Ivy & other 1 too. Hostel is around 3~3.5 km away from Old city but accessible via public bus easily. Hostel is quiet. There was kitchen to cook own food, common area to eat,drink & smoke. Had opportunity to meet fellow backpackers. I stayed in 4 bed dorm. Dorm was clean with attached toilet & bathroom. Hostel is 20~25 mins away from main bus station by walk. This walk is scenic. Catch morning bus to Mostar.

This is an excellent hostel! They really have thought of everything. We really appreciated the kitchen and BBQ facilities and the lounge area with projector and movies to watch!! The rooms were comfortable and all facilities very clean. The family that run this hostel were great and made you feel like part of their family. Was a great place to meet other travellers. Would definitely stay here again and will recommend to others.

Milka is phenomenal! She really makes you feel at home. I had a wonderful time here and hope to visit again.

Amazing place. Great staff and great atmosphere!! You have to try everything Milka offers you for breakfast because it is all delicious! Great facilities, comfy beds and it's super easy to get to the old town. Highly recommend this place!