Dubrovnik Cheap Room Reviews

Kneza Branimira 35, Dubrovnik, Croatia

HORRIBLE, really dirty

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Spain

Not easy to reach on foot and about 350 stairs to get up with your backpack. The lady isn't really helpful: it is clear that the only thing that she wants are tourists as much as possible in her flat to earn as much money as possible. The son makes a lot of noise which made it impossible to have a siesta. The lady also entered in our room to put some laundry outside while we were not there. She also forget to clean the dustbin of our room before we entered. Also a lot of dust on the floor.

Personnel unjudgeable because the owner was changing the behavior too much frequently. The room is in the apartment of the owner that has the key and acts like the door is always open. Anyway we was welcomed in a good way with also icecream.

Good price for Dubrovnik but up a lot of steps and not easy to find as there was no signage. We booked an ensuite room but actually had to share a bathroom.

Mirjana -the host- is a wonderful woman, she is caring, friendly and is trying her best to make you feel at home. We were, however, a little less enthusiastic about the accommodation : the (shared) bathroom isn't very clean, the bedroom is very small and rather dirty and the location in the city isn't the best. There is a lack of privacy in the house, also. Despite that, we think it's value for money - and Mirjana makes everything a lot nicer.

• 5th Aug 2013

20 minutes away walking from old town. The housewife was so kind but the place is not very clean. There is no common area and better not to use the kitchen. Great WiFi connection.

Lovely family. They rent out their two bedrooms in their apartment. If you're passing through for a few days, they're very helpful and they'll pick you up from the bus station.

It was terrible hostel. When I arrived there, one cat was lying on our bed. And the owner didn't clean our room. she only changed bed sheet. So, everywhere in my room and even towel was full of cat's hair. Also, you should know you can't use kitchen. Flexible checkout time means that sometimes you can be forced to check out when next guest arrive. In my case, at 10:30 am, she suddenly ask us to check out until 11:00. We were really embarrassed because we didn't have enough time to be ready.

First of all you arrived earlier than you said, so there was no time to completely clean the room. There was no complaints about the cat's hair with the previous guests. The kitchen can be used for storing food in fridge or making tea/coffee but not for making lunch. Flexible check-in and check-out time means exactly what it means. The other guests were coming at 11 and you were GENTLY asked to leave the room by 10:30, absolutely no way you were forced out. Kind regards.

Family Porobic was such an welcoming and nice family, always concerned about my well being and satisfaction about their place! I really liked to be hosted by this family, they taked me to the ferry port (as is included in the package) and said me a warm goodbye. After that I can say that the Croatian hospitality is one of the best.

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a week April 2013. The owner was absolutely lovely, made us feel very welcome and gave very useful information. Before booking the room you should be aware that it is in a family's apartment - but you do get your own bathroom. Being in someone's home never affected us in anyway, we had as much privacy as we would in a hotel and, more than anything, it felt a bit more 'croatian' rather than staying in a hotel block. Would stay again.

• 20th Apr 2013