Dubrovnik Summer Reviews

Budvanska 4, Dubrovnik, Croatia

This is definetly the worst hostel, I've ever seen. Our stay felt like being at a boot camp, because the owner treated us more like unwanted parasites than guests, the house was full of signs with rules and it's dirty. Usually I'm not sensitive, but the bathrooms were disgusting. Plus: don't think you'll find rooms and facilities as shown/mentioned on the internet. The rooms and especially the bathrooms look completely different and most facilities aren't available.

The location wasn't great, the atmosphere was non existent. It's more of an apartment to let than a hostel so the description was misleading. Though it was the cheapest place available in Dubrovnik so in an expensive city you assume there is a direct relation between price and quality. Also, the website needs to update it's directions. They weren't very helpful.

Wonderfull everything, great people, near the old town, near the supermarket, very good wi- fi,

Would strongly recommend anybody considering staying here to reconsider. Both hosts at Dubrovnik summer showed extremely poor customer service, and were aggressive and foul mannered toward myself and my friend.

• 21st Aug 2014

Overall we had a nice stay here. The accommodation was a 2-bed house around the corner with a shared bathroom and kitchen. The house has a wonderful terrace with a beautiful view. However, the our initial welcome was very poor. The owner was quite abrupt with us and questioned why we were late (despite us emailing the day before to which she had replied to!). In contrast the mother was the sweetest person.

When we arrived to the property we were very shocked. It's been the first time that the room was full of someone's stuff. All the closets and drawers were full. We asked to remove something and got only two free shelves. And there was no space to move around the room. Locations is good if using the bus. The room was clean as the bathroom and the kitchen.

WARNING: This is NOT Dubrovnik Summer Apartments which is well rated on TripAdvisor. The accommodation is a long way from the Old Town and is rooms in private houses. The directions were next to useless and it took us a few hours to find the place. There are signs on the door saying "do not knock on door until you have passports and money ready", &"if you leave a bad review we will charge your credit card". However, our host was very kind and the room was clean and spacious, good views.

Hostel was unaccomodating! The receptionist was horrible, yelled at us and slammed the door on us several times and threatened to cancel our booking and take our money. Bathrooms were unclean and shower was basically just a tap. There was one lovely man who helped us out greatly. I Feel sorry for him. Directions to the hostel are useless several groups of people staying there had extreme troubles finding the place. I wouldn't reccomend this place to my worst enemy.

It took us over an hour to find the hostel, the directions provided are rubbish. Luckily a local man saw that we looked lost and pointed us in the right direction. Would definitely recommend to the hostel to write step by step directions as this seems to be a common problem. The location itself didn't bother us as the view was amazing. The Grandmother was lovely, very welcoming. But the lady who runs it is very rude and we avoided her at all costs. Cheap and not so cheerful?

The room was too small for three people (5*5), the bathroom was shared with others and the staff was very unhelpful. The entire guesthouse was full of intimidating messages. Anyway the cleanliness was good and also the location (20 minutes walk for the old town).

Reception wasn't the kindest but once we met Miro and was moved into his place it was awesome. Him and his family were the most hospitable and would do anything for you. It is a hike to get up to the place so we would make sure we did that once a day. We never got wifi but apparently that was because we had iPhones. LOVED DUBROVNIK!

Firstly this is not a hostel. It is rooms owned by families in the area. There were 5 of us and we had to book a double room and then pay for the extra bed in a 4bed room. The double room was a room in a family's apartment. They were lovely but it is very awkward staying in their marital bed with their things whilst they slept in the living room. There were no fans, stank of cigarettes and the windows did not shut. Location- an hour walk and impossible to walk back due to the huge hike back!

• 11th Aug 2014

You book fo 6 people and than you pay for 6

I would not suggest this hostel. The people who run it are actually crazy. There are signs that say they will charge you if you leave a bad review. The atmosphere of this hostel is not friendly. The directions are horrible... Our taxi driver couldn't even find it. I would highly suggest considering a different hostel.

Not a hostel, very far from the old town, network of private flats, the person who runs this network is a very unpleasant woman

All excellece

Very nice place but it's more of a homestay than a hostel. The Map on hostel world is not accurate so check the street name and take a detailed map to help you find the place. They let us check in early too which was nice.

No real hostel, either a room in a familys big house. Far away from the city center, but with a great view over Dubrovnik. Rooms were very small and hot (no air condition). Very dirty and bad equipped bathrooms (no toilet seat or toilet paper, no keys). In every area of the house were notes with different stupid kind of house rules (rule 1 was not to leave a bad comment on hostelworld!). We felt not very welcome! No atmosphere! Our impression: Hostel Management just for making money.

Located around 15 min walk from the old town. We (party of 2) have been placed in a double room with one bed despite booking twin accommodation. We were told that we've booked different rooms for 3 different nights(we had a print out to show it wasn't the case). They did offer to bring another bed into the room on the following day but we decided not to take it as there did not seem to be a room for another bed in the room we were staying. The wardrobe was packed with owners clothing.

This people never dont come in my house

Amazing place, all the time we were in great company with great people whose have booking here and staff whose is great, perfect

I had a private single room for myself, perfect to keep my stuff in securely, and had a full shared bathroom 3 feet away across the hall that was basically mine to myself. Kitchen facilities were below average, although I did not use them. No atmosphere here. Signs that say "no alcohol parties". I wasn't looking for a party, but it just sort of killed it. i wanted to store my suitcase for a few hours after check out and they would not allow it.

Check out is 10:00 from room and when new people come in a room your luggage can not stay in the room, next time go in hotel with 5 * and pay much more, here is a shared bathroom and 3 room have 2 bathrooms only apartment dont shared bathroom,

« first « Prev 1 2 3