Dubrovnik Villa Valjalo Reviews

Uz Giman 19A, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I enjoyed my stay here. Yes it's a 20 person dorm and the rules are a bit weird. But you have a pool (GREAT to relax by in the middle of the day) and you meet new people every day. If you're not a fussy person, go to this place.

wifi works only on the balcony and there isn't the kitchen

Very disappointing experience! Real problem of organization and hospitality and very bad facilities! Apparently no bed left when we arrived in spite of our reservation; attempt to give us a private and more expensive room instead. The owner asked us to come back later and see what happens: what a bad welcome!! We had dinner in a hurry and we came back to finally sleep in his daughter's bedroom! The second night we slept in the dorm: only 1 shower and 1 toilet in the same room for 20 beds!

I was afraid after reading some bad reviews about his place, but this is a great place where to stay. The owner is very kind, the rooms where big, the bathroom (only one) was clean all the time. The swimming pool is small but nice, after being in the crowded old city, some time of relax in it is just wonderful. The only thing was the wifi at least in the small dorm was very poor, but nevertheless upstairs is fine! well, it's a little bit far from the old city, but the bus stop is right there

Overall the hostel was ok, however one bathroom (toilet also in the bathroom) between 20 people was difficult. The 11pm lights out curfew was also a little annoying.

It is just a bed. There is no kitchen and only one room with toilet and shower for 25 people. So you wait a lot to take a shower or even go to the bathroom. It is expensive for only a bed.

no "real" kitchen, and only 1 shower and 1 toillet for 20 !

This is like boarding school! 1 bathroom for 20 guests. NO AIR CONDITIONER, just ceiling fan which is bad. Not allowed to use the kitchen, so people in the dorm purchased food, then realised we are cant cook in the kitchen! The wifi only works on the balcony in a certain spot (which closes at 11pm). If you are talking after 11pm, he fines you €5. At 10.30am we were told to stop talking as it will disturb people!!! Backpackers get kicked out of pool if guests from apartments want to use chairs!

The hostel was very relaxed, but there were 20+ people to 1 bathroom so there was little chance of a shower. There was also very little privacy, we had a flight in the morning and got about 2 hours sleep because the other people staying in the hostel were constantly shouting in the room and turning lights on and off. Having said this the owner was really helpful, he took us to the airport and there´s a pool which everyone can use which was great after a long day of travelling.

There was a curfew at 23- no lights, no loud talking. Was weird, but at least we woke up early after going to sleep immediately after going back from the city:) There was no internet in the dorms though, only in the terrace, where we were not allowed to sit with light after 23, and checking my mail after 23 generally felt like a risk of being caught, which was weird. , But we slept well and undisturbed;P

A truely horrible man runs this hostel, would not let my friend use his computor to sort something out with his bank at home, the worst social skills of any hostel owner i have ever met, a money grabber, atmosphere is terrible under his rule, DONT COME TO THIS HOSTEL

just normal comment from a person who doesn't get what it wants! rules are there to be obeyed! computers at reception are not for public use only in extreme exception! partying at premises is no no as for the 11 o\'clock lights out i dont see how people who wants to go to sleep could do otherwise. just image 10 people drinking and laughing till 5 in a morning few meters from you while you want to sleep. :) Djuro.

Pretty far from the old city, but close to the main promenade and bus station, so not too bad. Price is average for Dubrovnik, but you can't use the kitchen. There is an outdoor lounge area but the owner yells at you if you sit there talking after 11pm. Rooms are okay, bathroom is decent. Honestly you can probably find a better place unless you're booking last minute. Plus side is he accepts PayPal, which is convenient and helps you avoid credit card/ATM foreign transaction charges.

the wifi was horrible, hardly ever get reception, the one bathroom for 20 people was less than ideal, the bathroom was continuously wet, not enough power points, the owner was a grumpy old man,

just what I expected from you. Sorry mate but we do not cutter for those pleasures as I told you if you did not abide by the rules you can leave the premises there and then! But of course you did not leave but now you use this option to get back at me. Thank you, no bad feeling, just because of your age!

The swimming pool is the only asset of Villa Valjalo, the dorm is un the bassement and there is only one bathroom for 20 persons!

Again not told full truth as a Dorm has 2 rooms with patio in front and it is definitely not a basement.

I got there very late and I called the host several times by phone, Nobody told me what to do once I got there and I slept that near the pool. It's a difficult place to get in and I think there are a lot of apartments near Lapad beach with sinilar prices

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

again I can only ask the guests that are arriving late (2 hours or more) of shell due let us know about it. it is not something that is dificult with all means of communucation available these days. as for the prices I wonder why didnt you look for it or you did but no luck, soory about it all the prices are displayed on all medias and agencies on Internet.

1 bathroom for 20 people. at 11pm the owner will shut us all and turn the light off far from dowtown l saw no kitchen

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

hLie bluntly rules are displayed and shown to all comers that the dorm including front patio where they sit down and eat or drink has to turn off the lights and for those who want to go to sleep to do so and for others to go out down town and drink till they feel like but not on premises. it seam by my experience that most of this young people do on vacation beside site seeing do binge drinking! That is what I experience and certainly will

Hard to find, make sure you print a map. Only one bathroom for 20p in dorm ( can be a pain in high season). Really basic kitchen in one of the dorm. Dorms open 24h and no locker ( but I didn't feel insecure for my stuff tho). On the other hand, It's close to small supermarket, close to the beach, close to restaurants and a few bars open late. It's clean, the swimming pool is great, the landlord is nice. 40mins walk to the old town or 10mins by bus (2€)

Not badly described except how to find it! It is so simple that it beats me! As there is no more than 2 streets that are involved and only 1 turning off point but again if you don’t take the print out map or use your Smartphone than you will lose your way. Please on a GOOGLE Earth print in Villa Valjalo and you will see the address. As for the bathroom I know that is a problem but we do have 2 bathroom near reception area that are available if need it. Thank you and Bon voyage. Djuro.

Sometimes I have the feeling that I've been the first client of this hostel. The tub had no panels or curtain so everytime I had a shower the floor was flooded. There were no lighter or matches in the Kitchen and I had to run to the supermarket before they close to be able to prepare the dinner. The swimming pool was empty because we werent in high season, but that's something that has to be said. All the kitchen equipment wasn't connected.

View all Dubrovnik Bed and Breakfasts