Dubrovnik Youth Service Reviews

Miljenka Bratosa 10, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Ran by a very friendly, helpful lady but the property itself was around a 15 minute bus ride from the centre & the old town.

15min with waiting maybe.. Dubrovnik is villadge, from end to end is 3km. bus drive is max10 min long (if traffic), by foot 35 to the other end of town. ensuite house is very close to old town

To everyone who thinks you book a specific room in a specific house: it is not like that! Sergio manages several different houses (some are private) and gives you a room that suits. It does work, but it is a little bit chaotic and to be honest: I did not understand every arrangement which led to confusion sometimes. Anyway - he tries to give you what you wish and is helpful. Now, as I understood how it works, I would book again.

Really enjoyed my stay at Irene's house. Communication with DYS with always excellent. And when I arrived at bus station Irene picked me up & drove me to her house. She was an extremely nice host, even offering to drive me to the bus station for 7am when I was leaving, which I declined , but she got up to see me off. Would stay there again without hesitation. 2 small things that might be good to have would be a fan in the room, and a small safe. Thanks Irene!

Barbara is a lovely and friendly host! The room was big and we had a nice view over the ferry harbour of dubrovnik. Note that you need to take a bus to get to the old city center. The beaches around the hostel are very nice :) Thank you for everything ! Pauline and Thibaut

Great location and friendly staff!

Irina was incredibly nice and helpful, she made our stay perfect!

I liked very much. I recommend it. It is not near from the Old Town. But you can take buses to the terminal station and to go to the Old Town.

This is not a hostel, it is a guesthouse. We did not realize this until we arrived. However, the woman who takes care of you there is so sweet! She always made sure we were comfortable and she would try to answer any questions (speaks a little English). She even drove us to the bus stop at 4am!! We had a nice stay here, and her kindness made it great!

its clear writen on hostelworld.com web page this is guesthouse, not a hostel. thx for comment even i think we diserve better rating (specialy staff!)..

The lady there was really kind and helpful. It's not close from the city centre but it is really easy access by bus. If you are looking for a party hostel it is not the case. The atmosphere is really calm and quiet! The kitchen though is not at its cleanest but you can manage to cook.

thx for correct comment :). sharing facilities house is on address you have, im working one more house closer to old town, more expencive with ensuite rooms. this house is ca. 20 min by foot from old town (shortest way), but its in 5 min by foot from best Dubrovnik beaches and street without cars full of cafe bars and restaurants cheaper than old town. house is near university, in area full of students.. sorry about kitchen, its not usually mess, depend how many guests using and how they left ;(

The owner of the house we stayed in was lovely however although the description says it offers a kitchen you would feel uncomfortable moving the owners food and pots and pans around using it as it is very much staying in someones houses and not massively accommodating for guests, one of the beds was comfortable but the other awful, a very uncomfortable mattress and a pillow that was very old, the bathroom mat was always soaking.

house with sharing facilities. i do nt have idea how to make kitchen better. thx for other comments; bathroom mat fixed, mattress and pillow changed

Staff was nice, but turns out the Dubrovnik Youth Service is merely an office that places you in available hostels. They couldn't communicate with me...and didn't even tell me what the address of my hostel was. It's rather confusing when you arrive in a new country regardless, and this definitley did not help. Look elsewhere.

DYS have in rent several houses, all maden with high level of hospitality, cleanless, nice locations. We are brend of service for all young travelers, giving cheap, clean for good price accommodation. Address is writen on web page and there is minimum one person for comunication 24/7 (in each house), comment from this guest about it is not correct. WELCOME!:)

A fantastic place to stay. We got a triple room so unfortunately we didn't get to mingle with people but if you leave the hostel (bars, cafés, clubs, touristy stuff) there is no way you can't meet people so it doesn't matter. Incredibly clean. Staff are great. Location is one of the best you can get (right in the old town). Rooms are gorgeous and spacious. I really don't have anything bad to say. :)

View all Dubrovnik Bed and Breakfasts