Dubrovnik Youth Service Reviews

Miljenka Bratosa 10, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Lovely hostel in a good location. Irena is so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for her. When we left she drove us to the ferry port which is a testament to how kind and caring she is! Rooms are clean and comfortable and contain everything you need. Bus stop is nearby and the bus to the old town is only 5 minutes (12 kuna). We had a really lovely stay in Dubrovnik and would happily return to this accommodation and it's very hospitable host!

Irena is the bomb! Super friendly, and always was amazingly helpful! The place was perfect for me and my girlfriend, in a nice area only a short bus ride from the old town. Definitely recommend it to couples cruising through dubrovnik!

• 15th Aug 2015

The address they give you is different than the location. It was awkward to arrive at a random house and wait and have The host come meet us. We had to switch rooms after second night so more people could be accommodated. The hostel was excruciatingly hot. I had ordered a double bed, which was 2 twins pushed together. My boyfriend and I slept extremely uncomfortable. The kitchen was alright. Maria shared her homemade pizza with us upon arrival which was wonderful and a nice welcoming for us.

We arrived in Dubrovnik via coach and was picked up from the coach station by Irena. Irena was very lovely and sweet and when we arrived she showed us straight to our room. She gave us loads of information about the area and how to get into Dubronik - providing us with maps and a discount card for many bars and restaurants. She also brought apple juice and biscuits up the room to enjoy whilst we settled in. The only downside was the bus journey to old town but it wasn't a major problem.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Irina couldn't be more friendly and helpful. I stayed in the single room with the balcony and it was lovely. Good location, just a short bus ride to the old town. Would definitely atay again and recommend to other travellers. Great value fir miney, comfortable bed and great wifi connection.

Irena was a lovely lady, she really took care of us throughout our stay and bent over backwards to help us out. She provided plenty of information and clean cosy rooms throughout the stay. The only negative thing I have to say is that she would come in and tidy throughout the day which for security reasons made us quite uneasy, but we assume she meant well.

The room was lovely and Irina, the lady renting it was great: friendly and sharing everything. I was a bit confused on arrival as no-one actually explained that I'd be staying with Irina as opposed to her working in the office. I'd recommend saying yes to the bus station pick up to avoid this!

This was a very strange experience. The hostel is not at the address you are given. That address is just a store-front. I got there and spent an hour waiting for a woman to come. She picked me up and we walked some 10 minutes to her house. Then the "hostel" is just a few tiny rooms in her upstairs. She was incredibly sweet and friendly, but the whole store-front, fake address thing threw me off.

office is on main road, house is behind, very small road ca.50 meters far. we had a lot of roblem with finding our house, we found this much easier. on your arriwall time somebody ALAWAYS waiting in office and house. its possible that out of that time we working with other guests and nobody is in office... we also provide FREE pick up from harbour and central bus station so there is no problem with waiting..

Not really a hostel, actually a guesthouse, everything is nice , it is clean and secure

I HAVE LITERALLY NO IDEA WHY THIS PLACE HAVE A 100% RATE, the place is just ok, is just a house, and the owner, say that she can barely speak english is being too nice. Quoting Phoepe Buffay "is was like speaking to Lassie" she just says "ok" and "no my problem" you expect to have help when you get a new city but i got so frustrated that have to ask to the cashier of the supermarket around the street to help me, because even she speaks better than the owner.

this was a quiet want experience dubrovnik. we stayed with an amazing woman who was so friendly and even sat with us and offered coffee and cake whilst chatting about the city. It was clean and everything worked well. like staying in a friends home!

Ran by a very friendly, helpful lady but the property itself was around a 15 minute bus ride from the centre & the old town.

15min with waiting maybe.. Dubrovnik is villadge, from end to end is 3km. bus drive is max10 min long (if traffic), by foot 35 to the other end of town. ensuite house is very close to old town

To everyone who thinks you book a specific room in a specific house: it is not like that! Sergio manages several different houses (some are private) and gives you a room that suits. It does work, but it is a little bit chaotic and to be honest: I did not understand every arrangement which led to confusion sometimes. Anyway - he tries to give you what you wish and is helpful. Now, as I understood how it works, I would book again.

Really enjoyed my stay at Irene's house. Communication with DYS with always excellent. And when I arrived at bus station Irene picked me up & drove me to her house. She was an extremely nice host, even offering to drive me to the bus station for 7am when I was leaving, which I declined , but she got up to see me off. Would stay there again without hesitation. 2 small things that might be good to have would be a fan in the room, and a small safe. Thanks Irene!

Barbara is a lovely and friendly host! The room was big and we had a nice view over the ferry harbour of dubrovnik. Note that you need to take a bus to get to the old city center. The beaches around the hostel are very nice :) Thank you for everything ! Pauline and Thibaut

Great location and friendly staff!

Irina was incredibly nice and helpful, she made our stay perfect!

I liked very much. I recommend it. It is not near from the Old Town. But you can take buses to the terminal station and to go to the Old Town.

This is not a hostel, it is a guesthouse. We did not realize this until we arrived. However, the woman who takes care of you there is so sweet! She always made sure we were comfortable and she would try to answer any questions (speaks a little English). She even drove us to the bus stop at 4am!! We had a nice stay here, and her kindness made it great!

its clear writen on hostelworld.com web page this is guesthouse, not a hostel. thx for comment even i think we diserve better rating (specialy staff!)..

The lady there was really kind and helpful. It's not close from the city centre but it is really easy access by bus. If you are looking for a party hostel it is not the case. The atmosphere is really calm and quiet! The kitchen though is not at its cleanest but you can manage to cook.

thx for correct comment :). sharing facilities house is on address you have, im working one more house closer to old town, more expencive with ensuite rooms. this house is ca. 20 min by foot from old town (shortest way), but its in 5 min by foot from best Dubrovnik beaches and street without cars full of cafe bars and restaurants cheaper than old town. house is near university, in area full of students.. sorry about kitchen, its not usually mess, depend how many guests using and how they left ;(

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7