Dubrovnik Youth Service Reviews

Miljenka Bratosa 10, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Dubrovnik Youth Service is not a Hostel but a Guest House. If you are looking for a peaceful stay in Dubrovnik, this is definitely the place! The house is located quite far from the old town in a quiet neighborhood. I reserved a bed in a dorm but got a single room with a nice balcony. The owner and host was really kind! Be sure to contact before arrive so they can pick you up, otherwise is really difficult to get there!

I stayed there for 3 nights. The house I stayed in was between the busterminal and the old town. It`s a 10min walk to nearest beach Copacabana. But it takes at least 30min to walk to the old town. It`s possible to take the bus and it takes about 10min. This is not a place where you get to know people, but it`s a quiet place where you can have a good sleep.

Good hostel.It is very well situated in the heart of the old city. We were very well welcomed! Our host is very nice and helpfull! Clean, tidy and warm.We would stay again!

• 20th Aug 2013

Good for a quiet place away from the busy part of Dubrovnik. Make sure you call or can call them to pick you up when you arrive.

It is a hostel not located in the old town but in a beautiful area called Lapad. 15mins by bus, 30mtrs away from the place. It is a really cool area next to the sea side. Note it is not a hostel itself but a house were room are rented. Clean, safe and the owner is great. She is extremilly kind and always trying to help. I definetely recomend this place

Wonderful home, but location is not to close to the center

Thanks for the ride from the airport!

Very nice place to stay, very helpfull owner.

Our apartment was great! Clean, furnished, and well kept. I don't think I would've survived without A/C. The manager and owner of the apartment were always nice and accommodating to us. Just make sure to thoroughly read the description and have a look at the map in the photos, and watch out for his email. I was in a bit of a hurry when booking and didn't do this, so it was a bit of a problem initially getting to our apartment (my fault).

Had some Troubles findings the place. Turned up to the address given and no one was there for 2 hours. Make sure you contact him regarding arrival time and pick up.

Arranged meeting at office with a man the day before arrival, but on day no one was there (why i have marked staff rating as poor) until one hour later when lady arrived whose house I was staying ln. The room was small but adequate with communal refridgerator just outside in corridor. Bus stop,shops, tavernas, restaurants, beaches all close by.

i aranged meeting with you personaly, and i saw Irene next day in a second on meeting point (11am as you asked, 3 hours before check in). i left and she waited for you one more hour. is it possible you told me UK time to wait? did you check your watch? if i can i would mark you as good guest; quiet, order in room and kitchen, usuall turistic questions.

This guesthouse has been a really nice experience. We stayed 4 days and were treated so kindly. The housekeeper, Irene, is a really nice and sweet person. She has brought us some coffee or lemonade when we were on the terrace, helped us with everything, let us stay until late in our check-out and gave us a ride to the bus station for free the last day. This is a really familiar place to stay un Dubrovnik, close to the best beaches and 10min away from the old town with the bus.

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Spain

The contact with DYS before arrival was excellent i.e. organising pick up. My host Irene (and daughter) were very friendly and I felt totally comfortable in their home. I was lucky in that the single room had a balcony and this proved useful. The house ideally located for visiting the old town No.6 bus every ten minutes and only takes 10 minutes; cocapabana beach less than 10 minute walk as is main nightlife area of Lapad. mini market beside house. Very quiet street. Other guests fine as well.

• 10th Jul 2013

When we booked this hostel the description said we would be either in the old town or 5 minutes from and we were more than hours walk away. Which was not helpful coming home in the early hours. The man who runs these guest houses NOT hostels was not helpful. Te lady who ran our guesthouse was very nice and friendly

in description is all writen corectly, there is map with properties. You cant book cheapest room and stay in old town 100%. im always giving old town if possible, but in description is writen, old town have ensuite rooms, out of old town sharing facilities. Also, i gave money (cash) to girls for bus tickets both days, i guess they walked because house is NOT so far from old town

A small apartment run by a woman and her family. The room was clean and maintained. The woman is quite helpful and did my laundry for free. My large gripe about this is the location, it is very far away from the old city, bus station, ferry terminal etc, 15 min + bus ride. It is however close to another smaller restaurant and bar scene on the peninsula. Would I recommend this place to another avid hostel jumping traveler, unfortunately no due to the location.

It is not really easy to find this hotel since it is located in a distant area where does not have any door number and only street name is available

Helpful staff ,nice and clean great stay

This is a guesthouse, and not a hostel. It's approximately a 40 minute walk to the Old Town, and about 15 minutes to the main beach. Close to the main bus station, and supermarkets. Decent value for money.

It is an apartment, not a hostel, very clean, they fetch you at the bus station. Easy to move in dubrovnik, although it is far away. Really good relation price/product

You can stay here, they where awesome: Easy and helpful. I think they may have more than one house, however where I stayed, I was a 15 min. bus ride away from old town, which for me was really ok, but just to mention it, so you know weather this is what you are looking for. And one thing: If you stay more than 2 or 3 days in Dubrovnik, take a detailed look at the various bus tickets available and their prices. It will save you some cash not always just getting the single ride.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7