Duda Hostel Reviews

Rua do Carmo, 15 Pelourinho, Salvador -Bahia- Bra, Salvador, Brazil

The personal was friendly and helpful though more English skills would be helpful. The kitchen is very useful and the hostels location which is nealy in the centre of the centre of the Pelourinho is really good. Even during carneval the hostel was not too crowded. I would recommend Duda Hostel.

• 26th Feb 2014

It's a good hostel. Not in the very center of the historical center ))), but close to it. Family atmosphere, fast internet. Good place to stay during the carnival. The biggest problem are only two small bathrooms for all the place.

perfect!!!it need only another bathroom

The hostel is well located, very close to major tourist sites of Pelorinho. From the hostel you can walk on foot the ancient city of Bahia. The neighborhood of the hostel is very safe. The hosts are very friendly and know a lot about the culture and folklore activities performed in Pelorinho. The cleanliness of the hostel is excellent. Must install a panel or a blackboard with daily cultural and artistic activities in Pelouriho or Bahia. The TV should have a better antenna for better viewing of tele

• 20th Sep 2011
  • Chile

Duda Hostel is perfect. The staff is polite, very helpful, I felt at home. Every day's a party in Pelourinho. Lots of dancing, a lot of joy, a beautiful and happy people. I'm going back to Carnaval.100%

• 18th Jul 2011

The hostel is very well located, quiet, very clean, near all the attractions of the historic center. Bahia is very beautiful! The staff of the hostel is very nice. Duda gave me precious cultural tips, all the information needed for a good stay. I love to sing, the guitar of Duda with everybody gathered in the reception is great, loved it! The breakfast is wonderful. I love Duda Hostel.100%

• 13th Jul 2011

I loved the place! Near to everything, nice staff, clean and fresh... GREAT! I definitely recommend to my friends!!!

The Hostel Owner refused to accept that the 10% downpayment was a deposit and therefore we ended up having to pay 110% of the cost. We tried to explain this with little luck. The Hostel is a good walk from the old centre (10 Min walk) 90 Real is overpriced for poor service and room amenities No Towels Included The Room was not cleaned at all during our 3 night stay. (Something that is standard in most hostels) No option to leave baggage No Storage Space in room

• 22nd Apr 2011

I had a wonderful stay at Duda's. Duda and Indira are very kind and helpful. The hostel´s location is perfect: it's really close to Pelourinho but still a quiet place. I recommend it.

• 28th Dec 2010

clean hostel and helpful owner. The only problem is the communication, he doesn't speak English well, so it was hardly possible to communicate. Even with my Spanish...

I can highly recommend this place! The owner and other staff are super friendly and helpful with whatever you need. The location is perfect if you want to be close to the old town but not quite in the middle of the "party". There is a great little backyard and balcony upstairs to hang out and have breakfast.