Duermevela Hostel Reviews

Calle de los Gascos, 7, Segovia, Spain

Great location,staff are very friendly.

good stay in the hostel, just the room a bit small for a couple.

Very nice and friendly owner. We arrived late and the owner still wait for us to check-in and introduce Segovia in a very detail way. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Macau

Really chill, kinda boring town. Although the staff was incredibly nice and helpful, the ambiance for me was a bit boring. Here's what I'll say, if you're stoked to visit Segovia, stay here.

This place feels more like a home than a hostel! The staff are all so friendly and welcoming, they made us feel really comfortable and gave us a lot of help with our travel plans! Thanks Guillermo! The place is adorable and has everything you need, the location is perfect and the breakfast is great!! We wish we could have stayed longer!

The staff were kind of apathetic, but helpful when asked specific questions. The beds felt dirty, and both myself and my friend walked out with many bug bites. The rooms were small, and tight, and not exactly what we expected. However, the location was cheap and close to the aqueduct which was convenient.

Nice location next to the aqueduct. Staffs are friendly and funny. Kitchen is super big that you can cook a proper meal with. Bedroom is clean and stable as well as bathrooms. Totally recommended!

Superb hostel in spitting distance of the aqueduct. Couldn't arrive during check in so they left me instructions and a key. Really friendly staff, everything you need out of a hostel. A nice chill out room upstairs in the attic as well.

The staff was super nice! He enthusiastically shared his Segovia local experience with me. He even helped me switch to the 1 first floor because I carried a huge luggage with me. Breakfirst was only 1.5 euro but it was very abundant and I enjoyed it. Bathroom was very spacious and clean. Location is perfect, super close to the centre of old city. Everything was nice and cozy,

El hostel esta genial, el servicio encantador, tenéis desayuno bastante completo por 1,5€; se encuentra situado a pie del acueducto, si es que solo te falta tenerlo encima. La decoración preciosa y la cama genial. Repetiría sin duda. Un placer

I only stayed one night, but I'm glad I stayed here. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Blanca was an excellent resource for tourist information and suggested cool walking routes. Breakfast and towels are not included in your room fee. I can't speak to the atmosphere very much. I checked in on a cold Tuesday night, so not many people were staying at the hostel at the time.

• 15th Jun 2015

Not your typical hostel experience. Dark, looks like it is furnished and decorated from a trash dumpster. Host was nice, but very quiet and reserved, and we actually felt like we where intruding. The host actually left everyday around 6pm and didn't return til 830 or so the next day. On Sunday they left at 3pm and never returned. The whole experience was a little creepy, and we have stayed in many hostels so I feel I can make a good comparison. I would not recommend Duermevela.

the staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived to the hostel after reception shut and the staff left the key and gave us clear instructions. We felt welcomed without anybody actually greeting us.

The door to my room was a little difficult to close, if you didn't make sure it closed and latch it would swing back open. The bed I slept in had spring digging into my back, which made sleeping more difficult. That and there was also a baby at the hostel that would scream and cry during the night and morning. The child also would be calmed with very loud singing you could hear anywhere in the hostel. Overall, it made for a poor sleeping situation. It was clean and the location was central.

A clean and peaceful hostel with a very unique vibe about it. The property is located on a quiet street just a quick walk from the Aquaduct and everything you need is within walking distance. There are plenty of plug-ins for charging, wifi was decent but works best in the common room, the kitchen could use better knives but otherwise well equipped. The main staff member on duty during our visit was the owner, she is very pleasant and was eager to share her knowledge of Segovia.

Maybe its nice to organise some actvities to create more atmosphere. So that travellers can meeet each other. For example a tapas tour, or a pubcrawl.

The hostel is a reorganized house situated just below the famous aqueduct. Some things were missing - there was little space in our room with scarce furniture, the bed was also quite small. Many things looked home-made and even though some may treat it as a drawback, I would rather appreciate the effort to do something out of nothing (moreover, all things were non-standard). Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Extremely kind, friendly and helpful attitude of the owner makes your stay enjoyable.

Nice place to stay! Perfect for discovering Segovia: it is well situated! The staff was super nice and gave us great advices to discover the city and the surroundings!

This is a place to be. Very nice!!!

good hostel in a good central location next to the aqueduct would recomend