Duilio Reviews

Via Corso Italia 13, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

In a nice quiet area, was comfortable and the staff were very friendly.

The staff was SO sweet, it was a joy to stay there. The location is about a 10 minute walk from the city center, which really wasn't a bother at all. The only thing I didn't like was that the shower was RIGHT next to the bathroom door and the steam filled the room and made it sort of humid and gross at times. For the price, it exceeded my expectations.

It's ok, but our bed sheets definatley hadn't been washed, they really stank of B.O. It wasn't nice. But the girl working there was lovely, apart from that though this hostel is very average, no atmosphere, ok location. No kitchen. Not even a microwave, basically a hotel with dorms.

Great value for money. Good place to stay near the main attractions. Clean and with wifi. I would stay here again.

Staff was very bad, he never stayed at the reception to assist the guests and he was very indifferent, beyond he doesn't know anything about the city and its region.

I would stay here again. Was centrally located and the guy was friendly and helpful.

It's a good youth hostel! Its price is good and the position is really good!

• 24th Feb 2014
  • China

This was very homely :) there were no locks on the bedrooms which was strange but I was given a key for the front doors so that was ok!close to the river and historic centre. Yay

the are not prepared to have good atmosphere in hostel

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Poland

Staff were amazing!!!! Made us coffee and tea every morning!

• 21st Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Hostel owner is flirtatious and touchy but began acting rudely once it was clear that we were not interested in spending time with him (entering the room to shush us, trying to shoo us out of the lounge). Worse still, there are no locks on bedroom doors or lockers available. Pillow sheets are not offered and sheets/towels must be hired at additional cost. Bathroom was cramped and dirty. Redeeming factor is a great location, but it wasn't worth the anxiety we felt here

• 1st Nov 2013

I really only slept here and didn't get much of a chance to experience the hostel, but I was pleasantly surprised to be immediately greeted by fellow travelers who invited me to go out drinking with them, and a very friendly and helpful gentleman at the reception desk. The hostel was clean but a little bit small and a bit out of the way from the center of town but not far from bars and restaurants. Only major concern was that I wasn't given my own key to the room.

Very poor. 3 flights of stairs no lift. Bunk beds have no ladder to climb up. I was put on the top bunk right next to the window, bed had a narrow mattress so I was afraid I was going to roll over out the window in my sleep. Few powerpoints. Weird bathroom. No lockers. No bell at reception, desk rarely attended. Left with small red marks over my face and arms, bed bugs? Rash? Only pros; excellent wifi. Close to train station and right next to river so easy to find when lost. Never coming back.

Not quite what we expected.. bathroom super tiny can barely turn around. No lockers for valuables. No common room or area to be social. Guy at the front desk although friendly didnt seem to respect personal space.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Great staffs

The staff was really nice, I had lost my phone at the train station and they let me use their internet. They also got everyone together my first night their with a punchbowl of wine which made getting to know people quite easy. I loved the other guests who stayed here. The location isn't too bad and it's in a quiet and safe area next to the river so you can't get lost. The bathrooms are weird and there are very few outlets in the bedrooms for charging, but for the price it wasn't bad.