Duilio Reviews

Via Corso Italia 13, Florence, Italy

Small and dirty rooms. The bath was unbelievable, the shower was, literally, the bathroom.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Un picccolo ostello in una zona molto calma .

• 7th Jan 2015

I recommend because It is near the city center. Good price. But It is not beaultiful hostel.

This is the worst hostel that I have seen. The pictures on the web are old, and actually the hotel is very neglected right now. The attention of the personal is quite rude. The bathroom is dirty and it has the shower above the toilet. The bed was dirty too and there wasn't enough beds for us according with our reservation.

The hostel smells very bad, bed were uncomfortable, sheets were dirty and the blanket had awful stains, the pillow was dirty to, heating didin't work, and the bathroom was full of fungi all over it so I couldn't event take a bath in there. It was a really bad experience, I won't recomend this place.

No locker, almost no shower, bad cleanlines. With the same price you can find something better. Hard to stay for more then one day.

The place is quite good considering the price. Bjy they give ua dirti blanket and no heater in the room. The reseptionis wake me up in the midle of the night just to ask where the key is.

Location is great, it's short walk to everywhere but still hostel is situated in peaceful settings. Staff was super welcoming and helpful and made us feel like home immediately. Shower wasn't the cleanest one I've seen (and there were two water options: super hot or super cold) and I was hoping for some kind of lockers for the dorms. It was pretty cold inside and I had to sleep a jumper on. Also common room for hanging out would have been nice. But it's cheap and definitely you get what you pay.

A nice hostel near city center . A very helpful staff (sam) . I recomnand it and i would stay in it again .

• 10th Nov 2014

I Loved staing in this Hostel . The staff was really nice also the advices he gave were exellent. I enjoyed conversations with him and i enjoyed going out with him at night . He showed me a big part of the city and he showed me the best places to go at night. The rooms were clean enough . the hostel was close to the city center . I totally recommand and if i will come back to florence i will defenetly stay in duilio . The only thing that bothered me was the girl snoring in the bed above me.

• 10th Nov 2014

One toilet/shower for the entire hostel and no kitchen. The communal area is just the reception and contains a broken sofa bed. The power kept cutting out, the locks on the bathroom didn't work and the front door keys were dodgey. They also appear not to wash the blankets, just re folding them and putting them back. The host guy is nice but the hostel is not. The doors are never locked and he's never really there.

third floor without elevator, veery small bathroom - less than 2x2 meters. there is no any kitchen and even boiler with hot water. very difficult to open door by key, you need try it again and again for minute. I can't pay for it with my credit card, only cash! I think this hostel should cost less then 8 euro per night - it only for sleep one night and go away.

The shower room took over 30 minutes to heat (quando aquecia).

-Sam, the main if not only staff member, was extremely helpful and friendly. -People smoke in their rooms and bathrooms, which we did not appreciate. -The sinks of the hotel do not fully stop running, wasting a lot of water. -The door of the youth hostel is constantly open and without supervision, anyone could get in, same goes with the keys of the rooms, which are at the reach of anyone. -Overall, it was a very good choice, if we come back to Florence, we'll definitely stay at Duilio

• 9th Oct 2014

Reception was always empty. Very good location.

Bathroom: small, dirty, with strange shower construction, funguses' vestiges. Location: Not to bad (20 min from most fancy places). Staff: Very nice and helpfull hostel owner. Really appreciate. We got many useful tips (where to go/eat/drink - how to save some money). Money: We had 3 times better rome in ROMA for the same price (distance from city center more or less the same). If I have to be honest. No more Duilio.

The price is reasonable and it is near from rail station.

Roxanne (the staff) was SUPER helpful. The rooms are small for the 6-bed dorms, but all you do is sleep, right? The kitchen is small and was previously only for staff, but just ask and they'll let you cook and put your food in the fridge. It's centrally located if you want to be near the bus/train station and within a 10-15-min walk of Old Town Florence...just a nice stroll down the riverside. Small place, but great for the money!

Would never recommend this place! I had booked/ paid for a private double room and was placed in a dorm room because they over booked them selves, i wasn't told or asked about the change. i was brought to my room and saw that i was sharing a room with others. the staff made me feel uncomfortable about wanting to change my room and It was filthy.

The room that you have booked was not a private double, since you were 4 people. And apart the lie, do not understand the negative comments as I have done to have a room all to yourself. Best regards Staff

We arrived to find our key stuck to the outside door of the apartment building. When we went upstairs there was no one on reception and we had to find our own room. The room was cramped and no space for luggage, meaning it was too hot and the window couldn't be opened as the hotel sign lit up the room. There was a shared bathroom which was too small for everyone to share and you had to queue for it. Had to find a member of staff before checking out to pay as we had not seen one the whole time.