Duilio Reviews

Via Corso Italia 13, Florence, Italy

third floor without elevator, veery small bathroom - less than 2x2 meters. there is no any kitchen and even boiler with hot water. very difficult to open door by key, you need try it again and again for minute. I can't pay for it with my credit card, only cash! I think this hostel should cost less then 8 euro per night - it only for sleep one night and go away.

-Sam, the main if not only staff member, was extremely helpful and friendly. -People smoke in their rooms and bathrooms, which we did not appreciate. -The sinks of the hotel do not fully stop running, wasting a lot of water. -The door of the youth hostel is constantly open and without supervision, anyone could get in, same goes with the keys of the rooms, which are at the reach of anyone. -Overall, it was a very good choice, if we come back to Florence, we'll definitely stay at Duilio

• 9th Oct 2014

Reception was always empty. Very good location.

Bathroom: small, dirty, with strange shower construction, funguses' vestiges. Location: Not to bad (20 min from most fancy places). Staff: Very nice and helpfull hostel owner. Really appreciate. We got many useful tips (where to go/eat/drink - how to save some money). Money: We had 3 times better rome in ROMA for the same price (distance from city center more or less the same). If I have to be honest. No more Duilio.

The price is reasonable and it is near from rail station.

Roxanne (the staff) was SUPER helpful. The rooms are small for the 6-bed dorms, but all you do is sleep, right? The kitchen is small and was previously only for staff, but just ask and they'll let you cook and put your food in the fridge. It's centrally located if you want to be near the bus/train station and within a 10-15-min walk of Old Town Florence...just a nice stroll down the riverside. Small place, but great for the money!

Would never recommend this place! I had booked/ paid for a private double room and was placed in a dorm room because they over booked them selves, i wasn't told or asked about the change. i was brought to my room and saw that i was sharing a room with others. the staff made me feel uncomfortable about wanting to change my room and It was filthy.

The room that you have booked was not a private double, since you were 4 people. And apart the lie, do not understand the negative comments as I have done to have a room all to yourself. Best regards Staff

We arrived to find our key stuck to the outside door of the apartment building. When we went upstairs there was no one on reception and we had to find our own room. The room was cramped and no space for luggage, meaning it was too hot and the window couldn't be opened as the hotel sign lit up the room. There was a shared bathroom which was too small for everyone to share and you had to queue for it. Had to find a member of staff before checking out to pay as we had not seen one the whole time.

The staff is faboulos, what a pity for the old rooms and the old palace!

• 10th Aug 2014

The hostel was very dirty, and only had one bathroom with 1 toilet/shower for the whole hostel. The kitchen was also very dirty and the refrigerator had not been cleaned for a long time. We stayed in July for 3 nights and with no a/c the temperature in the dorm was around 35C, with only one small and broken fan. The staff were friendly and welcoming, providing us with a helpful and detailed map of the city, but the facilities were in such poor condition so I would not stay there again.

Security ranked excellent because the key we got didn't work for the door outside, so we had to ring the doorbell every time.

There was only one working bathroom available for everyone staying in the hostel. The rooms were tiny and the beds had been crammed in. The staff were very friendly but the condition of the hostel was poor.

Rather unhelpful staff who played music until late at night and early in the morning. Didn't seem to care much at all. Bed bug bites all over my brother and myself, certainly an unpleasant sleeping experience.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The female staff there are awesome, super friendly, helpful and cute. Apart from that, the place have lots of mosquitos and poor security for your luggage. Bascically it's just a place for sleeping so don't expect too much.

I arrived at 0:20 in Florence, and went to Duilio. I had already sent an email, that it was not answered. I arrived in the hostel, and I couldn't find anybody and nothing. I was without a place to sleep. I had to walk around and look for a new place. TERRIBLE!!!

The bathrooms are not enough for everybody, and the one inside the dorm room wasn't good at all- the shower was in the middle of the bathroom, so if you used it, everything would get wet. The room smelled really bad of humidity, and there were no lockers to keep your things. They are supposed to offer bedsheets, but we only had the bottom sheet, so we could only cover ourselves with the quilt (the night was really warm, so we ended up all bit by mosquitoes).

The two girls who run this hotel are too lovely and enjoyable to talk with, They are helpful too and very very friendly.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Iraq

Terrible staff. The two girls responsible for the reception were never there to answer our questions. They gave us keys that didn't work to open the front door. when we complained they said it was our fault and didn't change the key, so we had to ring the bell every time we wanted to go inside the hostel. they didn't provide sheets, the bathroom was very small with a ridiculous shower behind the door, and the worst part: we got BEDBUGS. Simply was the worst hostel I've stayed in my whole life.

• 14th Jun 2014

The bathroom is very dirty. The location is far away from the train station, but it is a little difficult to find. By the way, the staff is nice.

Had an awesome stay , the Romanian girl that runs it was so sweet. Really close to a pool that you can go to for a few€ . I would stay again

Austeeeeeeeen , Miss you ! We are glad that you enjoyed your staying in our hostel . We are looking forward to see you again someday ! Take care of you and Cole ! Hugs , Adriana & Roxy

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4