Dulan 98 Reviews

Dulan Village 98, Donghe Township, Taitung, Taiwan

Rooftop was cool to sit out at night and you can hear the waves. Vibe of the hostel was a bit mediocre and there are better hostels to stay at in Doulan. Not a bad place just wouldn't be my first pick when I go back to Doulan.

Barrie, Tristan, and their wives were friendly, helpful, and made our stay fantastic. They gave us advice, and served us up some delicious Mexican food. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and the whole place had a great vibe. Conveniently located near some great bars and beaches, we wouldn't hesitate to stay again on a visit to Dulan.

• 7th Oct 2014

The staff were helpful and friendly and our double room was very nice.The hostel, and the town itself, were very quiet when we stayed so the atmosphere wasn't great.

The hostel has an amazing atmosphere, I really liked it. It suits the "Dulan"-sytle. The owner of the hostel is nice. We went to Dulan on a Saturday night. Its decoration is great and I loved it, but the bathroom was a little dirty. There was not too much going on at the sugar factory, but one bar had an great band and people started dancing, laughing, doing barbecue, it was cool. I would definitely recommend Dulan and especially this hostel:)

We arrived a lot earlier than expected at the hostel and it wasn't a problem at all. We could already check in hours before the actual check-in time, which was great. The owner invited us to dinner with friends that night and gave us some good tips on sightseeing in the area. We rented some electric bikes (offered by the hostel) and explored the area around Dulan. The bikes made our journey to the beach at Sanyuan much easier as well. Beautiful surroundings, glad to have been here.

The owners Barry (Dutch) and Sonia (Taiwanees) are really great hosts. They can tell you exactly which are the best places to go to. I stayed in a nice airconditioned dormitory with a small balcony viewing the main street. There was pleanty of space. The bus stop is just a few hundred meters away.

• 10th Aug 2014

Dulan 98 and Dulan 102 belong to the same owner and are, basically spoken, one hostel in two seperate buildings. The private rooms with window are very pleasant. The woner, Barry, is helpful and a source of valuable information about what's going on in Dulan and surroundings. I wouldn't however not recommend to take the Tatami room, since it has no window and no aircon and will become extremely hot at night, even with 2 fans running.