Dundee Backpackers Hostel Reviews

71 High Street, Dundee, Scotland

Two concern at the hostel were: the three fridges were very full (I didn't see many people about the hostel) and not enough dry/clean tea towels in the kitchen during my stay.

This was my second stay at Dundee Backpackers Hostel. The location is central, the rooms clean and comfortable, the facilities very good. Lots of areas to either sit and read in quiet or sit around and chat with other guests if you choose. Great staff . Free WiFi. Has everything you would need at a great value. Right in the centre of the city. Couldn't been more happier with this hostel. Thank you guys.

• 18th Aug 2015

Stayed in an 8 bed dorm for two nights whilst flat hunting. As a solo female I was a bit nervous about staying in a shared dorm but as I am really trying to save money right now I thought why not try it? I was pleasantly surprised! Staff and guests all friendly and welcoming (but not intrusive) and building beautiful. Had 2 great sleeps. Almost no noise! Spent my evenings in the reading room (peaceful and good place to charge tech). Much cosier time than any hotel - glad I saved the money!

• 18th Aug 2015

Great nostalgia, like stepping back in time, quiet even though in the centre of Dundee, a fantastic holiday, thanks.

I would say I feel the location in the city centre was excellent. It was convenient as it was close to groceries, restaurants, and pubs. However I will say I feel it should at least offer its guest coffee and tea in the morning if it would not offer a full breakfast.

There is free tea, coffee and sugar in the kitchen.

I spent 2 nights in a 8-beds dorm in August. I have been lucky with my roommates as well, as they were all pretty silent and respectful - and nobody snored :) The building is very nice and it has been recently renewed. it seems like a maze, but there are direction signals all over. nice common rooms and kitchen. Unfortunately Wi-Fi is available just in the game room, but in my bed I could get "The Cloud" from the City. it is in the most central position expected.

• 15th Aug 2015

Staff were asways nice and helpful. Not to far from anything like pubs and bars. The place was always clean

Great backpackers, friendly staff and well located.

• 15th Aug 2015

excellent, great location

-beautiful place, modern building and very friendly and helpful staff. -the only 2 problems are the noise (people shouting and even playing football in the room! banging doors, jumping, kicking everything..) and too early check out (8a.m. - 10 a.m.) that is not nice at all when you are on holidays and want to rest. no breakfast included!

Only drawback the nearest showers out of order, if they had been working would have given full marks.

• 11th Aug 2015

Very nice hostel in great location in High Street, short walk to shopping, museums and the riverfront! Only caveat is, showers outside rooms 1-8 are out of order just as they were when I stayed here a year ago; will they ever be repaired? Other than that, thank you for an enjoyable stay!

Great value for money, excellent location but the only thing that didn't work was the wifi connection.

Fantastic hostel in the centre of town. Will be back

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Great building, fun staff, excellent location. I enjoyed my time in Dundee

Hostel is in a very unique building and an amazing location. Games room was pretty quiet after 10pm which was nice because we could play multiple games of pool without having someone else waiting. Wifi wasn't working though which sucked.

In an old mansion so the atmosphere was great. Great part of town that was safe. Reception was terrific and could answer all of my questions.

I spent 5 nights here. At times the kitchen and bathrooms could be busy - but hey-ho, that's hostel life! Met some interesting people - a group of chuggers one night, and a spanish ships officer the next. To amend a previous post - If you have a car, you can park free overnight, from 1800 to 0800, in the council run car parks. I used Gellatly Street, which is a multi storey car park, and is about 5 minutes walk from the hostel. I have some mobility problems and I found the stairs challenging.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Great friendly staff, nice clean warm rooms, very noisy though!!

• 28th Jul 2015

Great service from Mario & another guy in Reception.

• 27th Jul 2015