Dundee Backpackers Hostel Reviews

71 High Street, Dundee, Scotland

The hostel was exactly what I needed clean, secure, cheap and a bed to sleep in.

• 25th Jul 2015

Had a lovely stay at the hostel, thank you very much!!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

The Hostel is located in the prime spot of Dundee and everything is as close as possible (train station, waterfront, the old Discovery). The location is really clean and nice with availability of showers during peak time as the only imaginable drawback. Public rooms are very generous and management is really helpful and positive. Recommended.

Staff very"service minded". Iam an "auld wifie" & they carried up my luggage without being asked. Will definately be back. I like Bagpipe maker MacLeod's room although it may be Haunted. Mario is very jovial.

We had a great stay at Dundee Backpackers Hostel. Perfect location. Nearby car park made it easy to get to the hostel. Only paid 2 pounds for the entire weekend. Hostel was great for price. Beds were really comfortable and bathroom was adequate. Only complaint would be the thin walls. We could hear people taking money out of the atm and others in different rooms. Not a big deal as we didn't have a problem going to sleep. All in all, great hostel and we would highly recommend.

• 18th Jul 2015

Wonderfully helpful staff right downtown Dundee. Plan on bunkbeds and no lockers but the staff more tha willing to secure your belongings during the day. Stayed 3 Days Street . noise is a little loud

• 17th Jul 2015

First time staying in a hostel and it was much better than I expected. Thanks for a hassle free stay.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Beautiful building, brilliant location, staff were very helpful and friendly. I'm sad that I only stayed the one night!

• 11th Jul 2015

very central hotel

Staff were very helpful while there. This is a great location and a fascinating historic building . Comfy beds and great facilities. Loved the separate reading room dining room and TV room giving everyone space for their own choices. Disappointed however that the jumper I accidentally left on the back of the bathroom door AND my I phone charger was taken. i left the latter when I left.. My fault yes but no one else sharing room and door locks with swipe card. hmmm.

The building itself is worth exploring once you've checked into this A1 hostel. Spotless and well maintained in the heart of the city it's well recommend. The only small niggle is the WiFi is spotty but in a 16th century rabbit warren of a building that is understandable

As an older woman travelling on her own was really impressed by the welcome from young man on reception - no "raised eyebrows" Felt very secure, great location on high street

• 24th Jun 2015

Nice clean big rooms

The hostel is located right in the center so it is easy to get everywhere from there. It is really quiet. The facilities (kitchen, dining room, and living room) are really nice and clean as well. I would definitly recommend staying there!

good hostel would use again

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Excellent little room with character. Great stay!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Very good hostel and facilities however the games room needs to be looked at and renovated as much things need repaired

A bit nicer and more expensive than I needed or wanted but worth the price. It's a lovely hostel with a good kitchen. The showers, though ok could do with a thorough clean

Having stayed previously in January, this was my go-to when looking for accommodation in Dundee. Decent facilities, good price.

This is my favourite hostel and I always stay here when visiting family or on business in the area. Everyone is really friendly and you meet interesting people. A lone female traveler, I always feel really safe and a much better experience than a hotel.

• 10th Jun 2015