Dundee Backpackers Hostel Reviews

71 High Street, Dundee, Scotland

Our stay was during freshers and the run up to the vote so got loud outside quite a lot. Room nice. Facilities fine. Wifi free in games room good.

• 8th Sep 2014

I liked staying there. The location was the biggest plus, but the staff was also always helpful, it was good that I was able to access the hostel at any time with my key card, the communal rooms were kept as tidy as possible... perfect stay for me!

• 7th Sep 2014

The best!

Good location and will come again

• 5th Sep 2014

Hostel was in a very central location and had no problem finding it. Warm welcome from staff and booking in was easy. I had a single en-suite room towards the top of the building which was quite quirky with a bed you had to climb up to. A lamp on a shelf beside the bed would be a big help, especially for reading in bed and getting up during the night. Also, I found it noisy at night as there were stone stairs close by and I could hear people well into the night climbing the stairs.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Scotland

friendly staff usable kitchen, but overcrowded refrigerators shower nearby unusable 10 min walk from the train station

• 30th Aug 2014

The hostel really should invest in a good vacuum cleaner - the carpet in my room was filthy. Otherwise, this hostel is clean and tidy and well equipped.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Thank you for your comment Robert, we are currently putting new carpets in the rooms and we have not got to that one yet. Thanks for your comment and we hope to see you again.

The location is conveniently right in the centre of town. The staff were helpful and security in the private room I stayed in was great.

Thanks to the staff for being so helpful and friendly

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Be prepared for steps and steps as well as staff who are fresh air fiends. Mostly, staff are very helpful. Lack of individual bed lights. Ladder to top bunk - rungs too small for adult foot; also vertical position difficult, especially descending. Doors noisy - felt pads would reduce the din. Need more fridge space and food storage.

Great bed, most comfortable bunk I've slept in yet! Friendly welcome and great common facilities (like tv room). Only issue was the bathrooms, in particular the one next to room 21, the door stuck and the wall was falling apart.

I greatly enjoyed the stay at Dundee Backpackers, and loved the fact I was staying in a 16th century building. I enjoyed the facilities provided for me and really was happy to read about all the history of the building and the restoration that was done.

• 18th Aug 2014

Awesome building right in the middle of town. They have a tv room, a reading room, a drawing room, a dining room and a common room.

2 of us stayed in a double room. The room was spacious, the bed was one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in & the disabled bathroom was very close & also spacious. The kitchen can get crowded and a little messy but nothing horrific. There's a strict not stealing food policy but someone did steal our honey yoghurt which was a little tragic because that yoghurt is amazing. (Try it if you haven't already - there's a small supermarket nearby!) Parking's an issue but try renting a space

Hot water in shower didn't work.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Fantastic. Would thoroughly recommend.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The location is excellent and it was really clean, highly recommended.

Friendly checking in staff.

• 7th Aug 2014

Love this hostel, great location and friendly staff. I gave 4/5 for facilities because shower on my floor was broken (had to cross thru kitchen area to get to a working one, but no big deal) and out of tea on a chilly wet night, which was disappointing. Everything else excellent, highly recommended.

Great little hostel in a fantastic location

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4