Dundee Backpackers Hostel Reviews

71 High Street, Dundee, Scotland

awesome reading room with Guitar and antique furniture but absolutely NO PARKING in the proximity; closest overnight parking is 7£

The room was a very nice size, plenty of space, bed was very comfortable, and en suite was excellent. Very satisfied.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Scotland

A bit of a creepy feel as it's located in an old building. But the key card system works well and it felt safe, generally.

Neat, clean, tidy and welcoming staff. Good central location with secure entry system. I would use this backpackers again.

• 13th Mar 2015

good games room

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

This is one of the best Backpacker hostels in the UK. Fabulous building oozing history and great facilities and competitive pricing. For me it was let down by the member of staff on duty that weekend who was polite but indifferent. Also I was charged for using a Visa Debit card which is NOT a credit card and should not incur any charges at all.

• 6th Mar 2015

Mario couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. It's a lovely place to stay and i would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting Dundee.

• 24th Feb 2015

I had an excellent time in Dundee. Most part due to the ease of the hostel. Excellent price for a single room and two nights as well.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Not a friendly staff, people didn't talk much in the kitchen and living room. Best "games area" ever! And the showers are really nice.

Had to make our own beds, they turn the heating of at night so you freeze in the wee hours. Paid for towels but was unable to use the shower as the heating was off. Nobody likes a cold shower.

• 19th Feb 2015

A beautiful hostel in a historical building. It is very big with several communal spaces. And right downtown, which makes it a perfect location. The staff is very friendly and staff and visitors are a wonderful mix of interesting people. I felt very at home and safe. I will definitely stay again and recommend it.

• 28th Jan 2015

I came to Dundee to spend a year. After looking for different accommodation options I decided to stay here for the whole term. The hostel's located in the very city heart. The staff is remarkably friendly, the rooms are cozy, large kitchen and several dining rooms at your service (other than during 10 to 1 pm when the whole hostel is being cleaned, everyday). However the best part is Games Room with the pool, ping-pong, video games, darts and many sofas to take rest at. Free wireless everywhere

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Ukraine

I enjoyed my stay at the Dundee backpackers hostel - the staff were very helpful.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Mario, always makes us very welcome and at home. Beautiful hostel, we will return. Jill and Steve, Cruden Bay

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Scotland

I stayed at this hostel just 1 night as me and the boys had a night out in Dundee. Had a whole room to my self for just 22 pounds. So why pay for a hotel if the only thing you need is a bed and a roof ?

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Lithuania

This was my first stay in a hostel. I don't get out much. Anyway, it was everything I had hoped it would be: laid back atmosphere, mix of interesting guests, friendly staff, good value. I did get a single room, so I could mingle or retreat from company at my discretion. This hostel is in a set of recently restored old buildings and retains some of the timbers and other features. Every room has a bit of historical perspective presented in it. Fantastic location near bus, train, shopping.

• 13th Dec 2014

Great location in the centre of town. The guy on reception was lovely and offered to move me into my own room when two old guys booked into the one I was originally staying in. Showers on one side of the building weren't working but it wasn't too far to get to one that did work. Had a great time in Dundee seeing the sights and meeting the locals, would highly recommend it!

Thus is a lovingly restored old building in Dundee in a fantastic central location. What let it down massively is that it was visibly dirty, it was very obvious it had not been cleaned thoroughly for a considerable amount of time. Which I felt was a great shame as millions has obviously been spent restoring this fantastic building and it is not being properly maintained. It badly needed painting in the bedroom/bathroom and there were bashes in the walls bits and of plaster missing.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Scotland

We had a great stay at the Dundee Backpackers Hostel. The emplyees were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and well equipped. The kitchen is great for cooking and there are big community rooms. The Hostel is located perfect. It is directly in the city centre. W-Lan access is very complicated.

A nice hostel in the very center of the city! Good atmosphere, kitchen open to the clients and many common spaces.