Dundee Backpackers Hostel Reviews

71 High Street, Dundee, Scotland

Clean, tidy, surprisingly spacious! Right in the centre of Dundee! Definitely would recommend this!!

• 18th Oct 2014

Just Grear

• 16th Oct 2014

Managing staff couldn't be more helpful. Great stay.

• 14th Oct 2014

It was a beautiful experience, to be in such an historic place, and wonderfully located in city centre

• 10th Oct 2014

Staff were excellent and very welcoming. The room was very clean and a great size. We were only there overnight so did not get to experience to much of the atmosphere. We enjoyed the stay.

• 5th Oct 2014

During my stay in October 2014, the place was well kept and cleaned regurlarly. It was already cold outside in Dundee but you could turn the heater of the room on and I got cozy quickly (6 bed dorm ensuite). Beds are clean and well provided with pillow, downie and linen. They were wooden beds, so they not as squeaky as metal bunk ones. Kitchen was also spacious and provided to cook almos anything. The only thing I missed was to have more wifi areas. Cheers!

A great location, only stopped one night but will be stopping again.

• 1st Oct 2014

Very nice hostel, had a very pleasant stay. However, we were glad we weren't there during a weekend as noice travelled from the square into the room very easily. Otherwise it felt like we were in a hotel.

It was a lovely room.

I've enjoyed the atmosphere.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

I enjoyed my stay here, it's a beautiful location, the room was quite spacious, the bed very comfortable and en suite bathroom clean and well functioning. My only complaint was about the standard of cleanliness. There were finger and hand marks on the walls from previous inhabitants, and the carpet had not been cleaned, and this almost spoilt what was otherwise a very enjoyable stay. Particular thanks to the staff, who were friendly, helpful and very efficient - well done!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

When I got to the hostel the computer was down, but I was allowed to leave my luggage at reception. The man behind reception was very friendly and funny (stocky bald guy). Plenty of utensils and lots of amenities (games room, lounge, reading room). Nice bedroom which were not packed with beds. Key cards for bedrooms which felt secure.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Wales

There were read smears on the bathroom heater (no idea about the origin, also definitely don´t want to know!), the shower was clogged

• 15th Sep 2014

That was my third stay at Dundee backpackers and I feel confident that my fourth visit will be equally as enjoyable. Wonderfully atmospheric building close to the bus and train stations.Right in the heart of the city. Some very good pubs and eateries nearby. A nice museum around the corner. While the city of Dundee may not be Shangarii-la this place will leave you with pleasant memories.

This is a surprisingly nice backpackers, it's a bit of a maze but nice rooms and ensuites in every room which makes such a difference! Annoying that the wifi only works in the games room, which is a bit sad and needs a bit of love. When I was staying there, there were a lot of students staying there who couldn't find accomodation elsewhere, but I met some lovely people in my room. There's not a lot to do in Dundee though, I'd recommend one night only.

Our stay was during freshers and the run up to the vote so got loud outside quite a lot. Room nice. Facilities fine. Wifi free in games room good.

• 8th Sep 2014

I liked staying there. The location was the biggest plus, but the staff was also always helpful, it was good that I was able to access the hostel at any time with my key card, the communal rooms were kept as tidy as possible... perfect stay for me!

• 7th Sep 2014

The best!

Good location and will come again

• 5th Sep 2014

Hostel was in a very central location and had no problem finding it. Warm welcome from staff and booking in was easy. I had a single en-suite room towards the top of the building which was quite quirky with a bed you had to climb up to. A lamp on a shelf beside the bed would be a big help, especially for reading in bed and getting up during the night. Also, I found it noisy at night as there were stone stairs close by and I could hear people well into the night climbing the stairs.

• 2nd Sep 2014