9.0
Superb 1,607 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,607 Total Reviews
Dundee Backpackers Hostel Located at 71 High Street, , Dundee.
Scotland
Dundee DD1 1SD 71 High Street
90% 1607
56.4612693 -2.9695272
    Rooms available

• Scotland, Male, 41+
24th Sep 2016
4.0

The hostel was not as clean as expected, I saw at least 2 groups, in a one-night visit, who were let into the security entrance door without buzzing or tail-gated guests leaving. The rules & request for quiet were a joke with loud noise until after 1a.m. inside the hostel as well as clearly drunken revellers returning from a night out.

• Scotland, Male, 41+
24th Sep 2016

Had a great stay here private single room with shared toilet bang on city centre and more than half the price I would have paid in city centre hotel, well worth it,nice staff clean room and bedding, will be back :)

• England, Couple, 41+
17th Sep 2016

Dundee Backpackers is a real gem. Our ensuite room was comfortable and well-appointed with all of the basics. The location is brilliant - right in the heart of the city, and not far from the university, which is less than 10 minutes walk away.

17th Sep 2016

I like everything. The staff are so friendly.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
5th Sep 2016

I had a fantastic time at the hostel! I needed a bed for the night/shower for a week long PR campaign. The location couldn't have been better, very central and handy! The staff and other guests were lovely and friendly. The kitchen was great and saved me a lot of money being able to cook my own food. There are various areas to sit which is great too, I was able to catch up on some TV on my laptop in the games room :) Excellent value for money and the hostel had everything I needed.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016

The staff are so friendly and helpful. I stay here regularly, and have had my room upgraded for free a couple of times, which was very kind and going the extra mile. The hostel is always clean, and right in the city centre- so everything is easily accessible. I'd highly recommend to any gender and age.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
3rd Sep 2016

Great location . Quirky inside aswell

• England, Female, 41+
28th Aug 2016

Very conveniently situated and in wonderful old buildings. Facilities are excellent - we would go back any time.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
25th Aug 2016
7.1

The hostel was clean and staff were fine, it was, however, extremely loud in one of the private rooms on the 1st floor. I could hear people yelling outside my window up until about 3 AM. I heard from another visit that the dorm rooms on the third floor were not as bad. I also wish they have provided me with a floor plan when I arrived, so it was easier to find the shower rooms etc. and there is no wifi in the rooms, just the common area.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
25th Aug 2016
6.0

Just next to city square, in an old building. Would have a lot of potential, but unfortunately is very run down. Most of the facilities in our part of the building were out of order, room wasn't ready to check in, although we arrived after 6pm, not very motivated staff. A cheap sleep, fairly clean, but all in all a tremendous lack of mojo!