Dundee Backpackers Hostel Reviews

71 High Street, Dundee, Scotland

The size of the room was great as well and the location was a big plus. Our host at reception was great and helpful to boot.

it's nice staff and very good location, also clean and good kitchen facilities in this hostel

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent staff guy during the day was awesome.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

I had no problems aside from the others in the dorm waking me up at night.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Great location, right in the middle of Dundee, walking distance from the coach station, train station, shopping centre and University. Friendly staff, good room, good value, clean toilet and shower. Just one minor thing: the carpet in the room could have used a better cleaning as it was quite dusty and there were hairs from the previous occupants on the floor, but other than this it was everything ok. I'll definitely check them first when/if I'll be back in Dundee.

Ideal location for me as I needed to get a bus early. Unfortunately as the reception did not open until 8am and I wanted to catch a 7.58 am bus close to the hostel I was not able to hand in my card for the five pound refund. I left it on the desk. I probably should have put it safely somewhere else but apologise as I left in a hurry to catch the bus.

• 30th Mar 2014

Nice place to stay with good clean rooms. Lots of spaces to chill out or socialise.

We had a very enjoyable stay at the hostel in Dundee!

• 14th Mar 2014

I was very surprised at what i found at the hostel, I had never stayed in a backpackers hostel before, and was a bit worried, as I`m an older person, but I need not have worried as it was very nice and comfortable, and not all young people, and would not hesitate to come again, in fact I have spread the word about the hostel.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Room was lovely. Highly reccomed staying here. Would definately book in again when I next go to Dundee for a weekend.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Very helpful Irish guy in resepsion. Sofas in the tv lounge smell bad.

Great hostel in the centre of Dundee. The guy at the reception was very nice and helpful. The place is huge, with a lot of stairs, doors and corridors, but every thing is perfectly well indicated. There are a lot of small rooms where you can sit peacefully and also a wide game room. My wife being pregnant, we would have appreciated an elevator to go to from floor to the 4th floor, were our room was. The heating in our bathroom didn't work which made it cold. But except this, it was great !

The toilet on the top floor really should be fixed.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Denmark

I always enjoy may stay in this hostel.

Friendly, helpful staff. A warmer bedroom would have helped; however, the member of staff at the reception desk willingly and kindly lent me an extra quilt!

The bathroom facilities were very poor because the facilities were shared between the sexes. I will not be staying with you again because I had to share a room with a male backpacker - he behaved himself, I just don't think rooms should be mixed. Miss D.C. Titchmarsh

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Scotland

I did not know what to expect as I have never stayed in a hostel before, also I was staying on my own for the first time so I was apprehensive, I needn't have been. I couldn't fault anything about my accomodation or stay.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Location and room were excellent. Staff, although helpful enough, were not particularly friendly. That said, we were only there one night and so didn't spend a lot of time there.

First the place itself is just awesome. The building has a very original architecture plus High Street and its commercial centers, the Discovery museum are nearby. The staff was very friendly, very cosmopolitan. I was pleased with the quality and size of their facilities (reading room, games room...) . Really enjoyed my time there!

It's a good hostel