Dunloe View Hostel Reviews

Fossa, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Dunloe View Hostel was a very fantastic place to stay. John and his father was very excellent hosts. The house and rooms was lovely. The breakfast was tasty - with fresh eggs. In the Garden have we seen a wonderful sunset. Next Year we stay again in the Dunloe View Hostel. Many Thanks John and Father Petra and Angelika

I was very pleased with our stay here. The location was great (right off Ring of Kerry), we loved the farm fresh eggs in the morning, the beds were very comfortable, and it was very, very clean. John (the owner) is friendly and accommodating. He recommended Kate Kearney's Cottage for dinner and we loved it so much we went the next night as well. He even gave recommendations for the Ring of Kerry. This hostel is catered more to families and those who want a quieter night, which we didn't mind.

We spent there nice weekend. Hostel is very clean, tastefully furnished and offers great breakfast. Family room which we chose is suitable for 5 peoples. John, the manager is very helpful in any kind issues. I strongly recommend.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Poland

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I am so grateful to have met john and his family, they offered me the authentic Irish experience that I was looking for! It was so quiet, and had a beautiful view of the gap of dunloe. When I arrived, the whole room smelled of fresh linen and everything was so clean. John helped me book some tours. I was so happy that I was outside of the tourist city... I had the best sleep ever! Kitchen was great and loved thE gardens and fresh eggs in the mornin

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff (one family) are wonderful and full of advice! Beautiful house with a gorgeous garden and very sweet animals. Easy to get to if you have a car, but without one, could be a bit of a walk or bus ride. It's well worth it though!

• 11th Jun 2014

If there was an option better than "excellent" I would pick that. John and his parents run a clean, welcoming hostel with excellent, comfortable beds, en suite bathrooms, stunning views, breakfast that includes home-made brown bread and eggs fresh from the chickens, and a cozy common room with an open fireplace for relaxing in the evening. I loved it so much that I ended up cancelling my next's days housing and staying here a second night. Thank you for the wonderful home away from home!!

Great accommodation, I'd love to come back and see you soon!

• 21st May 2014

Many thanks for the excellent review. Delighted that you found everything up to standard. We would be delighted to have you back some day soon.

John and his family were so welcoming and always happy to assist on our travels. If we had any questions, he was always willing to help us sort it out. Also, a nice bonus that he provides fresh eggs from the back yard. One of the best hostels I have ever been too.

• 18th May 2014

Many thanks for the excellent review of our hostel. I was only too glad to be of assistance and give advice. The fresh eggs for breakfast are very popular with our guests. Delighted that you found Dunloe View Hostel one of the best. Hope you can return some day.

Great location and excellent setup.

Many thanks for excellent review of our hostel. Glad you found the location suitable and everything in order. Hope to see you back someday soon.

This was the best hostel we stayed at during our trip. We highly recommend it!!! Very clean and terrific atmosphere and friendly staff! They made us feel very welcome!

• 12th May 2014

Thanks for this excellent review. We are delighted that you found our hostel to be the best one you stayed at during your trip. We pride ourselves in hospitality and having everything of a high standard. Hope to see you back sometime in the future.

Our stay at Dunloe View Hostel was wonderful. The hostel had comfortable, clean rooms, a welcoming host, and fresh eggs in the morning -- all we needed to recharge!

• 2nd May 2014

Many thanks for your excellent review. Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hostel comfortable, clean and welcoming. Our fresh eggs from the chickens are very popular with the guests. Hope to see you back some day.

Really enjoyed staying here. Like being at home with friends :-)

Many thanks for your good review. Glad you enjoyed staying with us and that you felt at home here. Hope to see you back soon.

The hostel is really great. Good location, the bedroom was clean and the breakfast was so good. It is a lovely, peaceful house with a lot of animals. It was nice to sit in the sitting room during the night, in front of the TV (there's a lot of DVDs !!) next to the fireplace. The kitchen is big and fully equipped and John is nice with a lot of good advice concerning the things to do around. My family and I really enjoyed our 2 nights over there !!

Many thanks for your great review of our hostel. Glad you enjoyed the good location. We pride ourselves in having a clean hostel and good breakfast with our fresh eggs from the chickens and the homemade soda bread. All our guests love the sitting room with the open fire and lots of DVDs to entertain. I am happy that my advice on what to do and see helped to make your holiday a memorable one. Hope to see you back some day.

We spent a very good time at this hostel. John and his father are very nice and welcoming people. We and our children felt as good as at home with in addition, the pleasure to discover friendly travellers, benefit of enjoyable farm animals in a marvellous environnement near Killarney...I hope that we will have the opportunity to come back for a longer period.

Thanks for the great review of our hostel. We pride ourselves in being helpful and welcoming to all our guests. The farm animals and chickens in our garden are very popular with guests and we were glad you and your children felt at home and enjoyed the environment. Hope to see you back sometime in the future.