Dunloe View Hostel Reviews

Fossa, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

We loved the facilities, location, host and opportunity to meet fellow travel. It was a great stay

Great place to stay, I highly recommend it.

• 24th Jul 2015

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at in Ireland. Wish that we had more time to stay here and enjoy the surrounding area.

Clean and well managed. Very peaceful property and the service was extremely friendly with helpful suggestions (for day trips around the area). 2 thumbs up!

• 29th Jun 2015

Was the best hostel ever. So tidy and warm welcoming. Also they had a beautiful back garden where you can have a dinner with sunset. Especially the bed was so comfortable to rest your tired body and feet from travel. Can't wait to go back .

• 24th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Probably the best hostel experience I've had. Jonathan helped me figure out what I should do in the area and gave fantastic suggestions. He truly cares and wants to make your stay as easy and welcoming as possible. The hostel had a very warm and homey atmosphere which is a nice break from the larger hostels. I'd definitely stay here again! Plus the chickens and goat are pretty cool.

Our stay at Dunloe View Hostel was fantastic! We had two nights but could have easily stayed much longer - the Killarney area is stunning and the hostel is so welcoming and comfortable. It was clean and private with a very large kitchen and spacious garden with chickens, a goat and a rabbit. Fresh eggs were provided for breakfast along with homemade bread, tea & coffee. John is an amazing host; he is lovely, friendly and very helpful. Thank you so much for a fabulous visit! Highly recommended!!

A great homely hostel with great facilities and mountain views. John was super lovely and accommodating. His dad Nelius was super friendly and even let me feed their goat, he also recommended we fit in the dunloe gap in our short stay and we did that afternoon. We are so happy he did, as it was the highlight of our short time in Killarney. And the fresh eggs in the morning was definitely the icing on the cake. Very lovely and highly recommended.

We would be happy to stay here again.

Had a really good stay there :)

It's been a real pleasure to stay at that hostel. Great place to take a break,relax or to take fantastic trips to the gap of dunloe or the national parc.It was my favorite place to stay.Thanks to John and his wonderful parents. Hopefully I'll come back some day!

• 4th Jun 2015

if you don't have a car, MUST ASK TO GET DROPPED OFF IN FRONT! it's not far from the bus stop but it's kinda sketchy. no sidewalk! I learned the hard way. BUT as soon as I met John, it was worth it. John, Nelius, and his wife are just extremely welcoming and friendly. the hostel was very clean and up to par. they helped with all the tours and hotspots! breakfast and view was amazing! breathtaking! only downside is the location bc it's outside of town.. if you like the night life. def recommend!

This is hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. First of all, the couple who owns it and their son are unbelievably nice and helpful. John (the son) even came to pick me up in his car when he realized that I was lost and an hours walk away from the hostel! The house is super clean, with a fully- stocked kitchen). The free breakfast was the best I've ever seen. They even had eggs from their chickens! The only issue is you have to take a bus to get there, but it was totally worth it.

This place was awesome! It feels like home! A big kitchen and living room and dining room to chill out in AND even wear your PJ's around if you want, like I did. It's got chickens for fresh eggs, a goat, a bunny, a cat and is nestled in the mountains- just take a look out your window. The host and his parents are AMAZING hosts. I cannot say enough kind words about them. If you can stay anywhere in Ireland, MAKE SURE IT'S HERE!

This hostel was converted from a bed and breakfast and leaves you with a very homey feel. Incredibly friendly and informative owner. Beautiful view with delicious breakfast (eggs from the chickens in the backyard).

We had a very pleasant stay. Father and Son gave us good tips for trips, traveling and eating.

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Dunloe View is a wonderful and cozy hostel located in the beautiful environment of Killarney. The hosts are genuine, friendly people ready with tips and tricks to get the most out of your stay. When I stayed in Dunloe View it didn't feel like I was staying in hostel. It exudes a homy atmosphere. I definitely want to go back to Killarney and when I do, there is no doubt in my mind that I would stay here again!!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Thanks for staying with us and reviewing our hostel. The environment around the hostel is really enjoyed by all who stay especially the view of our mountains. We would love to have you return and stay with us. John ( Hostel Manager )

Very clean, very home-like. Staff was great - super friendly and helpful. Only downside was that it was a bit out of the way - about a ten-minute (15 euro) cab drive from the town center. But it was nice being out in the country! Lovely place, would definitely stay there again.

• 18th Mar 2015

Thanks for staying with us and reviewing our hostel. It was great you enjoyed out clean and home-like hostel. You are right in regards our location being out of the town and we this is advised in our description.There is a bus service that will drop you to the hostel if you don't want to pay for a taxi. John ( Hostel Manager )

This place reminded me of staying at my Great-Grandmother's house in Texas. It's so homey. It even has a nice yard and backyard. Everything was beautiful. And John's hospitality is the icing on the cake. If traveling by car, go slow as you approach or you might miss the turn.

Thanks for staying with us and reviewing our hostel. Yes the garden with our chickens and goats is really enjoyed by our guest and we always like to give everyone good Irish hospitality. John ( Hostel Manager )

After more than 10 days of traveling and staying at different places, it was nice to stay at this place that felt like home. Clean, quiet, good breakfast. Highly recommend it!

Thanks for staying with us and reviewing our hostel. We really like to make all our guests feel at home and thanks for your comments in regards the cleanliness and how quiet it was. John ( Hostel Manager )