Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

I loved my stay at Duo Housing! The location is really good and me and my friends were treated very well!

• 23rd May 2015

Great hostel, great atmosphere, amazing staff!!! Dorms are big and quiet, as well as the common room, 10/15 minutes walking from the National Mall. Make sure you don't miss the free pancakes in the morning, the free bbq on Sunday... and the nights out with the crew!!

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. As a student hostel the atmosphere is friendly, with staff and other residents open to conversation. The wifi was nonexistent at times, which was tricky when I needed to skype my parents and arrange my travels. I did find the bunk bed to be quite uncomfortable, and it was also very squeaky- apologies to the guy on the bottom bunk!! Breakfast is pancakes cooked by one of the RAs/staff, who are a similar age to everyone else and who are also extremely helpful.

• 21st May 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay in DC

This hostel was great! The first one I had stayed in and it most definitely set the bar high! The staff and atmosphere were the best part, always there for advice and to show you the best places around! The bathrooms were the clean and tidy, just like th other communal areas! I will definitely be staying here again when I'm back in DC!

• 20th May 2015

Great location, friendly staff - 24/7 available to help and happy community. Free pancakes in the mornings and awesome rooftop accessible day and night (by 10pm). Definitely the place to stay if you are a traveller visiting DC. There is no space for privacy though, I would not recommend the place if you are in town for business and don't want to be bothered by the presence of others.

Great place. The best in DC.

I was not sure about the status of the bedding?

Great place!

• 17th May 2015
  • Colombia

The Hostel is very well located, and the security is very good. The problem is that not all the people in the staff have the "Hostel" friendship that I am used to see in Europe or South America.

It was extremely hot.

• 15th May 2015

Staff is super helpful. Very clean hostel, and the people there and location are great!

• 15th May 2015

Very clean , quiet atmosfeer who is good for people quiet , very good locations near the centre of the city . good pancakes in the morning !

• 14th May 2015
  • Belgium

Clean and comfort hostel but atmosphere is not really hot

The location was great and the staff were very nice, but there were some problems with facilities. The handle on the toilet was broken for several days, then there was no toilet paper. Kitchen didn't have napkins, paper towels, or pot holders. There was rotten food in the fridge, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. There were 12 people sharing 1 bathroom, which made for a very long wait to use the shower.

If you're doing the touristy stuff then no better location than this hostel, 10-15 min walk to White House and a little further to the Mall etc. Rooms a little cramped and towels available about 6pm every day if you get in quick (they always seemed to be gone by late evening). General warning: we found (midweek) virtually no bars / restaurants are open in this district past 10pm (amazingly?!); if we went again we would 100% find a place in Georgetown (fun late night college / student district)

Loved the one night stay. Wfi was spotty. Free pancakes made up for it completely.

• 12th May 2015

Duo Hostel was an easy and fairly comfortable place to stay for a few days in Washington, DC.An easy five-minute walk to the Metro, Duo was nicely located in a very interesting residential neighborhood of row houses and small apartment buildings. The staff were really helpful with requests and tips for places to go in the city. It felt safe and secure. I didn't spend much time there, except to sleep and wash up. I was in the basement, which was average. A bit stuffy but comfortable enough.

• 10th May 2015

Fantastic location easy to get anywhere notable, great staff, I could tell they really made an effort. Really clean, I felt dirty. However The bathrooms need better fans and my room was too hot. I would use duohousing again

Very helpful and well informed staff. Always ready to help a guest.

• 10th May 2015