Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Awesome place! Awesome people! PANCAKES IN THE MORNING, BBQ ON THE WEEKEND! Only place to stay in DC!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Wales

The politic of no shoes is terrible. The hall of entrance and living room smells too bad. The location is very good and staff could be more friendly. It's a hostel to stay no more than 2 days like me.

Living in the cellar with a dirty bathroom and cheap and old ikea sheets was bad. The staff was great though! Facilities where mostly clean however not so much downstairs and the secure room for luggage was horrible!!! Everyone could have taken something if he wanted... luckily most guest are cool I guess :) Oh and i didn't like that I had to give my passportnumber to google via a spreadsheet. Not a bit! Verrrrry bad! I like my Date stored save!!!!

loved free bbq and pancake breakfast

Reasonably good hostel. walking distance to everything. Comfortable bed. Supper staffs, Easy to talk to, can resolve n desolve situations especially the manager. breakfast could be better.

As someone who was travelling alone, Duo was a good hostel to stay at. There was a reasonable social atmosphere and after staying there for a couple of nights you felt as though you were part of a big family. The staff were always happy to give advice on what to do, where to go etc. Pedro, the hostel manager, was really friendly and went above and beyond to make sure people staying at the hostel were having a good time. If I was to return to DC, I would definitely stay at Duo again.

2 words: pancake breakfast ;) Staff was very friendly, the atmosphere was great. Also within walking distance from National Mall etc

As always my first choice when visiting Washington D.C. Everyone at the hostel is always friendly and knowledgable. Will stay here again when visiting D.C.

very good atmosphere and good person!

Easily the best hostel in the US. Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff are so welcoming and make you feel at home and speak a billion languages. The location is great, right near the metro. The rooftop is fantastic! No complaints. Would come back any time.

• 8th Aug 2014

Pretty chilled out place. Everyone was quite social and helpful with various queries. Really good location, probably 10-15 mins from the White House and you're close to everything at that point! The immediate area was safe although just like any city be very wary during the evenings!

The general atmosphere is good, and the location is close to different places of interests, and also close to convention center. However, the shoes-off policy needs to be improved a bit, especially the room in which the shoes are stored. Most people travel all day and get back to take off the shoes and store it in that room, isn't a better ventilation system needed?

Overall good. Cant give a proper review since we only stayed for a night, but have a solid feeling that I'll stay here on the next visit. From first impressions I'd definitely recommend it

As it was my first time staying at a hostel, I wasn't sure what to expect. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by the friendly staff and shown all the facilities around the hostel. Even though it was a short 3 night stay, I never felt unsafe or violated in any way. Duo is closely located to many museums, monuments, bars and metro stations. If I ever find myself in DC again, I will definitely be staying at Duo Housing; hopefully soon!

• 4th Aug 2014

Really nice staffs and parties once a week. Whitehall, monuments and Smithonian museums are just 15 minutes walk.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Great place staff were amazing and location is perfect 10min walk to white house/ Smithsonian etc and 10minutes to the U street bar area, only downside you can't drink at the hostel after 10pm but with the bars a short walk away its not to bad

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • gbrewer8050

Weird "No Shoes" policy inside the hostel. Showers and bathroom are good. Room doors are open even during the night and can't be locked. Nice lockers insider each rooms, anyway. There's a nice rooftop for breakfast and hanging out. Generally, there's a friendly and juvenile mood, which many would appreciate(I did not, at all, but many would). Staff is friendly, but the guy at the reception was everything but nice.

I loved that breakfast!

• 1st Aug 2014

Efficient, friendly, good breakfast. Love the no shoes rule; everything very clean and tidy. Price is good value. Thank you.

the guy at the recpetion wasn't really nice. didn't even say hello but started with "take your shoes off". wasn't only me who was greeted this way. there's a locker, but you have to bring your own lock. shower's were cleanish, not too bad but not as good as expected. however, the rooftop was nice and the other guys staying at the hostel were good fun!

• 30th Jul 2014