Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

The backpackers in the hostel were very nice, even we came very late at night, though, they did give us a big smile when they saw us, and very warm environment to live,and to communicate, If I have chance to come again I will definitely live for more days. just one thing to improve, the shower facility. Others were good :) t

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great hostel with amazing roof terrace. Really short walk to all attractions in D.C. They have a great all you can eat free BBQ on Sundays and free pancakes every morning. Definitely most sociable hostel we have been to. Only thing we felt the welcome was quite bad. The guy kind of brushed us off. He was probably just really busy. we felt welcome by the end of our stay!

AWESOME!!! Best experience. I Want to stay here more days😫

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Really nice people, good location, clean, nice pancakes and barbecue!

• 25th Jul 2015

Everyone was so friendly and met tons of new people!

• 24th Jul 2015

It is a great hostel. The atmosphere is excellent and the staff is very nice, most of them. It's 15 mins walk from the city centre. Problem? Few bathrooms for too many people.

Awesome experience! Everyone was great!

• 19th Jul 2015

Excellent roof top!! Cozy atmosphere in common area. I love it. I highly recommend this hostel.

Good hostel, few slight annoyances such as lack of outlets and the top deck closing at 10. Front area with everyone's shoes gets a bit smelly

Staff is so so. No very hospitable. Maybe some fruit for breakfast?

Nice touch with the BBQ first night and free pancake breakfast. Lost my shoes, black Clark's, probably just forgot them. Advise spending a little more money and book one bed for all four nights next time. Had to keep switching rooms, lockers, beds because I wanted to save a few bucks and made three separate bookings, probably how the shoes went missing dragged between too many beds...Hope you guys find them, please let me know, thanks!

Nice pancake service:)

Staff were friendly and polite, beds were made prior to arriving (nice touch), and close to metro, liquor store and grocery. Neighbors in area a bit to be desired...don't bring your best jewellery, kind of noisy if book big dorm from street noise. Suggest spending a little more and book smaller dorm away from street.

We really enjoyed our stay at duo housing. It has a good location since it only takes about 15 minutes to all the monuments on foot. The hostal itself was also really good. We slept in a quite big doorm woth 12 beds. Beds are really comfortable and during the night it is quiet enough. Staff is excellent! They all are very helpful and most importantly funny. And, they prepare awesome pancakes in the mornings. We definitely recomend a stay at Duo Housing.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Liechtenstein

The per-night charges should have been around $20.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Its location is really good, walking 15 minutes you can go everywhere. The hostel was so crowded, however we always found avaliable showers and bathrooms. The multilingual staff was helpful and polite. Highly recommended!! And obvioulsy, Washington is amazing as well.

The physical hostel itself is great. But the atmosphere here was a little strange. After a long journey, we were left waiting in the entrance porch for a good 15 minutes before we were actually allowed to enter the hostel (for security reasons, I guess, but frustrating nonetheless). Breakfast was a mad scrum for food with the pancakes cooked ever so slowly and in such small quantities (albeit by a very jovial character). The night out organised through the hostel was decidedly average.

I had an amazing time at Duo Housing. Many friendly hostel guests and staff was helpful. I especially enjoyed the suite lodging. Great getaway for a group of good friends. This hostel had chocolate chip pancakes every morning, cute comfy decks to lounge in, and plenty of comfy seating indoors, as well. The bed was comfy, and the temperature was perfect. It was also nice and quiet, so I got plenty of rest. The only thing I didn't like was only having two bathrooms for the entire 2nd building.

Great, friendly staff!

The hostel is very good. They have a fair price and a good atmosphere. They might have the best service for the price in Washington DC. Highly recommended.

• 8th Jul 2015