Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

It began really not well. I was assigned a room I believe in the basement, and my bed was under th bathroom floor. Not only the ceiling show signs of yellow discoloration, I could hear water running just few centimeters from my face while on my top bunk bed. It did not take long before water started flowing along the wall. Now this is where we measure good customer service and common sense. Shortly after I reported the incident, Pedro quickly moved me one stair above in a much better place.

• 14th Dec 2014

Just one thing wasnt good and its lightings... If you get top of the bunk bed, impossible to sleep, because it is always shining to your eyes and people just dont respect it to 11 PM...

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Slovakia

Overall a very good hostel and it's easy to see why it's won the accolades it has. My two major issues were that on sold out days it's bloody hard to get a free shower that works, and secondly it's stiflingly hot in the rooms at night (perhaps this was just my room on a day of bad luck; but it's not needed in a 10 bed share room). All the people working there are 10/10!

I wish I had stay longer to enjoy everything that this amazing place has to offer. Great staff, amazing open minded travelers, good organization and I love the places decoration! It gives to it such a cachet for a place that cheap!! Thanks a lot!

Very good choice if you wanna spend some days in DC. The best thing is the environment and the staff. Good location. I strongly recommend this hostel if you're young.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Thank you, I had a wonderful time there.

It is an excellent place to stay. Super clean in a great location with a remarcable staff.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Uruguay

The staff were real nice and friendly. Everyone was nice and made you feel welcomed. The hostel was in a good location buses and metro near by, and to the walk the main tourists parts were easy :)

Tidy the place up. Put locks on the dorm doors! We had a man come into our room in the middle of the night and walk around. He even approached my friend in her bed. That is unacceptable. Change the bathroom set up to have shower cubicles where you can get changed in private. Create female only dorm rooms. Create spaces where people can talk privately - there is no where to go to call/skype family and friends in private. The shoes of policy is redundant because the place is dirty anyway.

• 8th Dec 2014

The place is good, friendly, clean. Staff could be a little more cheery. Alcohol is banned after 10pm. Some people had really smelly food where the staff could have intervened to open windows etc.

I was only there for 1 night but loved Duo Housing. The staff were very welcoming, gave lots of advice on where to go and how to get around, and made an effort to ensure you met other travellers also staying at the Hostel. Delicious Pancake breakfast!!

Duo Housing is fantastically located and has great staff. Hostels in this decade need to ensure absolute wifi reliability. I was attending a conference and had deadlines. I was hoping my stay at Duo would enable me to work from the hostel during off-conference hours, and that was not possible because the wifi went down repeatedly for multiple hours. As a result, I had to leave Duo multiple times & was not able to socialize or take advantage of the amenities as much as I would have otherwise.

• 4th Dec 2014

Love the hostel! Very very nice and helpful staff, really nice atmosphere in the hostel! good value for the money!! :)

Nice showers, helpful staff. Bring your own lock. Very clean.

All good at this place. Some reviews say the common space is small but there are two of them and the upstairs one is very cosy. Staff is one of the best anywhere I've seen in 20 countries. They care, and they want you to have a good trip. Two or three people on duty all the time, and a really good catered spaghetti dinner on Sunday.

All the staff members were working hard, friendly, cheerful . The regret is to see one person do all cleaning, bed lines. Dusting, etc. I think she should have a partner for help. Thank you.

I like it there, I would always come back there.

They kept the dorms WAAY too hot at night. I get that it was cold outside, but that doesn't mean roast everybody inside. Figure out how to balance the thermostat.

• 2nd Dec 2014

This hostel was very friendly. The kitchen was pretty well stocked with basics.

• 30th Nov 2014

Staff were amazing, I'll give 100% to the Friendly staff Pedro Duran, and Eric Good work:-!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7