Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

The hostel has an amazing atmosphere, so sociable it's easy to get distracted from the rest of the city. Pedro and AZ make you feel so welcome. One of the best I've been to.

• 18th Jul 2014

The staff at the hostel were awesome!! Really knew a lot about DC and places to visit, and they made everyone feel included. I was planning the rest of my trip but the managers still talked to me and made me feel welcomed. Free pancakes for breakfast was a nice surprise. My first night I walked from the metro center but I suggest walking from the convention center which is half the distance. Would definitely stay here again if in DC.

The staff were lovely especially the two managers, location great, very good value for money, loved the free wifi and pancakes in the mornings. Would definitely stay here again

Great staff. Awesome stay. Thanks!

Duo hostel was by far one ofthebest hostes I have stayed in. The rooms are spacious, clean andthe beds are very comfy. The kitchen, and chill areas are amazing! TV for anyone to watch and free computers! The staff were so friendly and helpful all the time, especially AZ and Pedro, always made sure I was okay and knew where I was going!! Would recommend Duo to friends. It was a fantastic hostel especially for a solo traveler!

• 16th Jul 2014

Facilities were adequate to mediocre. Definitely not deserving of the many hostel awards that they brag of, nor the high rating on HostelWorld. Fine overall, but not as excellent as advertised.

• 15th Jul 2014

AMAZING HOSTEL! Staff were very friendly and insanely helpful. They gave us maps of the city and circled/highlighted all the tourist points/landmarks/bars etc. Rooms were very clean, super comfy and well kept! Would highly recommend to anyone passing through, as they said when we left 'You'll always have a home away from home here at Duo DC'

• 14th Jul 2014

Pretty good

This was simply the best hostel I have stayed at. Free pancake breakfast everyday. Free BBQ on Sundays. Excellent staff, atmosphere is great. Everything is geared towards helping you interact with the other people that are staying at the hostel. It is good deal for the price and the location is about a 5 minute walk from the DC metro train line which can take you to all the attractions that DC has to offer. Would definitely stay again!

Nice place, seems to be an old converted house. Friendly staff and organise lots of events. But must say that the place is kinda run like a prison. Never had so many rules emailed prior arrival, given on check in and your even made sign a waiver. Never experienced this at a hostel before and it is a little to much in my opinion.

Everyone was very friendly, and the accommodations were better then I anticipated. Looking forward to staying there again in the future!

Great hostel, lots of young and interesting people, staff very helpful, great rooftop!

I think this hostel is the best of ever. Especially, BBQ party was the so good for me. I had a time to make friends, and also foods were so delicious. Managers were very kind and funny, and there were many shower facilities.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Good staff. Good location. ^^

If possible, it would be great to have laundry facilities in the future.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great hostel. Some silly rules, like no drinking past 10pm, but great atmosphere and great staff!! Pedro and AZ are great and super nice with everybody and I had an amazing time during my time there!

Best hostel experience, thanks to the amazing staff that made it possible with their attitudes and friendliness!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Place was really good. Staff was really friendly. Really short walk to the green/yellow metro line. Their no shoe policy is kind of annoying but it makes sense. A whole lot of friendly people staying there though. I recommend staying there.

• 2nd Jul 2014

This hostel was an amazing place to stay for the July 4th festivities! Staff members Pedro and AZ run the place well and give the place a fun vibe. Pancakes in the morning are a nice touch, and we were spoiled with a July 4th bbq on the rooftop deck! Awesome time. The place has two keypad locked doors as well as lockable cabinets to secure belongings, so security is a non-issue. Showers always had hot water too. Great hostel in a great location!

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is clean, well-equipped and the staff are quite helpful. DC is easily walkable from here too.

• 2nd Jul 2014