Duo Housing DC Reviews

The overall atmosphere was nice . Staff were very friendly. The only issue was bathrooms. There are 4 bathrooms for the whole place. And the showers are not easily accessible. You have to get to the ground floor to get a shower and you cant have a shower privately. The glass is kinda transperant, so if you are ashamed of getting naked infront of people bring your own swimming suit to have a shower

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Egypt

Really enjoyed my stay thanks to the warm staff and friendly people around. The place was neat and well maintained. I only spent a day, will be visiting again for a longer period.

Loved it! Lin was so nice and helpful and the free pancakes were great!

• 5th Apr 2014

The staff were great. Really friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the room was tiny and hot - nowhere to put my stuff and somewhat uncomfortable to sleep in. Still, if I went back to DC I would have no hesitation about staying at Duo again.

• 5th Apr 2014

I highly recommend Duo housing for its reasonable price and close location to the center of DC. It's convenient to walk from the hostel to museums around National Park within 15 minutes. I love the easy and friendly atmosphere there. Staff are nice, rooms and beds are clean, and free pancakes are provided for breakfast!

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. It felt like staying at a friend's house.

• 4th Apr 2014

Everyone was very helpful, and friendly. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends.

• 4th Apr 2014

Very friendly staff, relatively good location (2 min walk from Bus Route 64; 7 min walk from Green Line metro), clean room. The only disadvantage would be you could be accommodated in the basement level cause there are two rooms there.

I found duo housing an exceellent place to stay, the staff were very friendly and facilities were excellent. I would hav no problem recommending duo housing to anyone who is going to stay in washington .

Sehr einfältiges Frühstück

I had a great time staying at Duo Hostel. My time was short in Washington but will always be remembered. The Hostel staff in particular 'La Shawn' made things inviting and welcoming from the get go. La Shawn was great at organizing events and bringing people together, always appreciated as a solo traveler - she even made me some apple pie :) The hostel is chilling, do yourself a favor and stay here. Thanks Karl Ireland

I stayed at the hostel for 2 nights during a eastcoast trip and I was blewn away by the awesome staff! It almost feels like you have beenbthere forever and they always have some advice about where to go, what to do and how to get there. The hostel really feels like coming home after a long day walking through DC. It's quite central you can walk to the White House or the National Mall. The rooms are clean and I never had any troubles by leaving my stuff somewhere unattended!!! I'd come again!

• 23rd Mar 2014

love the friendly staffs and other backpackers there a lot! It's is my first time staying in a hostel and duo housing had given me a wonderful experience! I enjoyed chilling with the people there in the common area, having thefree yummy pancakes as breakfast to start of my adventure every day, hanging out with new friends at night and have the weekly BBQ dinner at the rooftop! I appreciate these so much. It would be even better if the wifi connection is more consistent and strong.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

It is a lovely hostel with a good location and friendly and helpful staff. The atmosphere is good and there are pancakes every morning! I was in an eight-bed -dorm, but that was no problem and i can really recommend the hostel. The facilities were also clean.

• 21st Mar 2014

We have travelled a lot within the last years, always enjoyed staying in Hostels all around the world. So, we had expected sth totally different from the "well-rated Hostel" than we actually found. We had to stay in a 4-Bedroom in the basement without any window. Sleeping was not possible - too hot, heater was making noices all night, washing maschine one level above was running all night long. We paid a lot of money, but price-performance balance was not given at all. Not recommendable.

• 20th Mar 2014

Good place, Nice people and facilities. Shower, dining, and good amount of resting place. Wifi was little slow, but they are building new one. Recommend to stay.

I had a wonderful stay. Coming back always felt like coming home, the hostel has a great atmosphere. People there were very nice, helpful and welcoming. You can walk to the National Mall, but there is also a nearby Metro Stop. Pancake breakfast is included, and some people used the kitchen to actually cook. There is also a roof terrace. The only annoying thing is that you have to stop drinking at 10pm and you cannot bring your shoes (you might consider bringing slippers).

• 18th Mar 2014

Great place to stay!

I booked for one night on hostel world and the price was right for around 35 bucks for the large dorm . I decided to stay one more day and the girl said she had one more spot in a smaller dorm the price was crazy well over 65 bucks for a smaller dorm later on that day a room opened up in the larger dorm I asked if I could go into that one and save 20 bucks , She said I'm not authorized to do that . On top of that the dorm was a Hot box , take ur shoes off before u come in why ? Not clean anyway

Although the staff were friendly and the location was good, I wouldn't recommend the room itself. I was in the basement room (for 4 people) and it was way too hot. There were vents in the room which spouted hot air into the room all night and which were also quite noisy. The temperature outside was freezing so I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer!

• 13th Mar 2014