8.7
Fabulous 4,420 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 4,420 Total Reviews
Duo Housing DC Located at 1223 11th St NW, , Washington DC.
USA
Washington DC District of Columbia 20001 1223 11th St NW
87% 4420
38.9067926 -77.0270130
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Jan 2017
6.9

Most of the hostel was fine, but I stayed in a smelly downstairs 12 bed room and there were very loud rats in the walls and ceilings. I was initially in a top bunk and the ceiling smelled badly of rat's urine. All of downstairs had this issue. I asked to move rooms and they didn't move me but others did - perhaps they complained more than me. Pancake breakfast (2 of 5 days) was nice, other days it was cereal. Wifi was very bad. Staff were friendly and hostel was not bad value.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Jan 2017
6.9

Room description should have read 12 bed basement dorm shared with rats and a strong stench. Upon complaining after 2 nights of hearing rats scratching in the roof (the breaking point being the rats screeching at each other) I was greeted with hostility and told to wait two hours till midnight to see if I could be moved. After lengthy discussions I was finally moved to another room. Location, staff (except the female) and facilities were great, the aforementioned was the only let down.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
10th Jan 2017
7.4

there are some rules that I've never seen in any hostel I stayed at, as pay for leave the baggage in the day of the check out and can't stay in the lobby until the time to check in. This can't be a problem to a backpacker. The owner is a nice person and the staff in general are nice, but one of them was very rude with me and I also saw with others.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

Friendly and welcoming, this place is great if you want to hang out and meet people while taking in the sights of DC. The staff are very helpful and the common areas are warm and cosy. The basement rooms aren't the best I've stayed in but for what you pay, it's really great.

• France, Female, 18-24
8th Jan 2017
8.0

(+) Good hostel. Good atmosphere. Friendly staff. (-) Breakfast very light (toasts) except on the days where they make pancakes (3 days out of my 6 days stays). (-) "Deluxe" Rooms are in another house, very small rooms (the door would hit my bed when someone entered), and only one bathroom for 12 people so you have to be patient to shower in the morning. I recommend staying at the main house.

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Jan 2017

The most difficult part of the stay was sharing 1 bathroom to (at times) 11 other people, if all beds were full. While going to the other building of the hostel for showers/bathroom needs wasn't ideal, it was available.

• Spain, Female, 18-24
6th Jan 2017

The hostel was only 20 mins walking from the main attractions (White house, National mall, etc). Public transport nearby too. I didn't have a lock but I left my stuff on the bed and nobody took it. No one reported stolen stuff while I was there either. The atmosphere was cool, breakfast free (pancakes every day, but so good!), and the beds clean and comfortable, toilets clean. However, the 12 people room downstairs I stayed in got really cold at night, so watch out for that.

• India, Male, 18-24
6th Jan 2017

I stayed for one night on my stopover in D.C. The hostel was clean, staff was very friendly, great location & value for money -- Everything that you need from a hostel

• barbaraendo
  • Brazil, Female, 25-30
6th Jan 2017

This hostel is amazing! The staff are really nice! Rooms: it's ok, with lockers, but I miss more plugs and bathrooms (there are only 2). I loved the free towels! Breakfast was nice as well. There were pancakes which were delicious! I recommend you to get this one!

• France, Female, 18-24
6th Jan 2017

Good ambiance and good location, but while I was there, in january the heater was broken in my room, so very cold. Hopefully the pancakes for the breakfast were very good !