Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Great staff, always willing to help, tasty morning pancakes, clean beds, showers and rooms, and always good vibe among hostel residents. Also, prime locale.

Great place to stay while you visit DC. Sunday barbeques and staff are the best :-)

Like home only better.

I loved my stay. The staff made sure everything was well-organised and well-maintained and they were always available for chatting and small talk. .There was just a really chilled atmosphere.

One of the best hostel I've been to, great staff who makes sure everyone is having fun. You guys are excellent :)

• 12th Sep 2014

Wonderful

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Pretty much the best hostel I've been to and great value for the money. On foot, location is very close to very good eateries in China town as well as public transit, and 20 mins to the national mall is great as well.

My first experience staying in a hostel and I was very pleased. The accommodations served my purposes and budget well. My only regret was not having the time to stay a bit longer. I won't hesitate to reconsider Duo should I have an occasion to return to D.C..

• 9th Sep 2014

make me feel like home!! staffs are really kind and pancakes are really good

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Nell7
  • China

Contrary to a lot of reviews on here, I found this place quite average - not bad, not great, just average. Pedro is friendly but that atmosphere is ruined by the sheet you have to immediately sign that forces you to pay $25 for any misdemeanour, including leaving towels on the floor. The toilet has a sign threatening $1000 fine to those who clog it. Room was small, lockers were tiny, my pillow was horrible and surfaces were dusty. Breakfast was average. So average hostel with a good atmosphere

The night shift of the staff was something really poor. Did not gave us any kind of information about the hostel it self, did not managed to help us with any information about the city nor the area we were in. Feels safe, good location. Worst staff I have seen.

Very friendly staff in a homely atmosphere, we had a great stay!

amazing' best hostel ever!

Really great place to stay, with very good facilities!

• 3rd Sep 2014

The hostel was clean and the atmosphere was nice. The staff was also quite helpful.

OK place. ~20-30 minutes walk to the National Mall, ~15-20 minutes to U Street. Good wi-fi. Glass used for shower cabins is probably too transparent to serve the purpose (replacement/ some additional curtains would be helpful to make the situation less awkward...) Welcoming atmosphere of the place is spoiled a bit by some warnings signs ("up to $1,000" charge for clogging the toilet, "$100" charge for making noise after 10pm, etc.) and that's strange given guests in the hostel seemed easy-going.

Great place to stay in DC! The staff makes this place! They are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Especially Pedro. He can answer any question you have about the city. Great location too, right in between the mall and U Street (bars and restaurants). Beds are comfortable and the pancakes every morning and BBQ on Sunday night make this place the perfect DC hostel.

• 27th Aug 2014

Breakfast is one of distinguished good advantage of the hostel. I really liked the pancake. That made me wait for morning.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Our stay here was okay, only. It was quite far a walk from the National Mall area but if money's an issue this is probably the best bet. Breakfast was self serve- pancake mix (not even mixed for you) so you have to take time if you're rushing out. we didn't have it in the end.Decent place, though the raving reviews do not justify this place.The staff didnt tell us what to do to check out and all we had to ask.Toilets are small but there's a private one upstairs (bonus!).Near a metro so it helps.

The hostel is good located, and have really comfortable beds, the lockers in the rooms look weird (they are one of those archives with metallic drawers) but are large enough to put a lot of stuff. On the bad side there aren't many bathrooms and the one in my floor was always clogged. The upper patio is really needing renovations. And the no-shoes policy is kind of annoying, specially because the hostel doesn't seem that clean (I think it might be because it's old because I saw the maid cleaning

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7