Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Thanks to the great staff for keeping the place fun safe and clean,

Great place to stay! Excellent staff!

The place was awesome! Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in DC. Very affordable and the atmosphere in the hostel was the best I've experienced so far! AZ was very helpful and the whole staff were welcoming and able to recommend places when prompted! Would definitely stay here if I returned to DC!

I know I've hit Excellent for everything but this place really was Excellent. Very clean, great location only a 15-20min walk to the White House, there are several lounge rooms, and on Sundays they throw a big Free barbecue for the guests. I'd totally stay here again.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

DUO is an awesome place. Great hostel to meet friends. The staff is awesome, Pedro is amazing and is knowledgeable of the city. Jeff is a petal. Eric is a gem. AZ does a great job chatting with guests. I will return for sure.

Be prepared to climb the stairs!

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

I am shocked that this hostel won hostel of the year last year and even more shocked to see recent reviews that rate this venue at 100%. The staff were rude and not willing to help (unless you are female). The hostel states 24 hour check in, we arrived at 11am to be informed that check in opens at 3pm. Watch out for the fines too... $1000 for opening the window, plus several others... Your stay could become expensive. Breakfast is poor. Staff sit at the table eating everything with no greeting!

If you have to choose an hostel in Washington, it is the place to book. Shout out to the manager and pedro. Great shower room for girls. Events organized like BBQ on the huge rooftop patio. Friendly atmosphere. Tips on what nice to go visit or hang out. Great hostel.

• 12th Oct 2014

It is a nice place. Good location. nice and helpful people.

Really friendly staff. Good localization and great value for money. I highly recommend this hotel.

Great location, great staff, awesome setup. Met a ton of cool people passing through from all over the world, and who doesn't like free pancakes for breakfast!

• 9th Oct 2014

Had a great time at duo. The staff was great, beds where good and the atmosphere was osom.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Iceland

I am so glad that I chose to stay at Duo during my DC trip. The staff is so friendly and really makes you feel at home. They are also very accommodating; I wanted to add more days to my trip and there was no problem extending my stay. The Free breakfast everyday AND a barbecue dinner every Sunday night are an added bonus, so take advantage of it! I made some really good friends here, staff and visitors alike. All in all, I look forward to visiting again.

• 8th Oct 2014

Had an awesome time staying here. From the moment you enter your made to feel like you're home. The atmosphere is perfect for making friends, and location means you can walk almost anywhere you'd care to visit. I'll definitely recommend staying here

Amazing friendly place only 10mins from almost everything! Ideal base for exploring the capital. Staff are awesome beds are comfy the place is clean. A good kitchen, a supermarket two doors away and a laundry at the end of the block The only potential issue is a shortage of bathrooms for the number of people. Would happily stay again!!!

some complain about the 10 pm no alcohol rule. I would say it is a ok one since it keeps the hostel quiet for those who want to sleep. Nice common areas and friendly staff. walking distance to the mall and Smithsonian museums. Liquor store and super market next door. Recommended!

I really enjoyed DUO Housing Washington... The staff is so good (AZ u r the guy, sangue bom) and its a customized hostel that has for example a policy to take out shoes in the entrance, cause they want to keep the carpet clean.. So you can walk by socks inside... I think its very comfortable...

• 4th Oct 2014

Needs to be more understanding for someone who arrived at 5am and has to go to work at 9am. Locking this person out until 7am is not nice.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Argentina

I'm surprised this place was rated the best hostel in the USA in 2013. Guess there isn't much competition. It is pretty run-down and kind of dirty. The bathrooms are clean, but, e.g., there was a ton of random debris and dust on the windowsill next to my bed and on the floor between the bed and the wall, and everything seemed old and grimy. The general vibe is "dirty cheap frat house". Positives are that it felt safe and it was cheap. And the staff member was nice once I got his attention.

this best hostel have a ever been i visited in AMERICA 'S Hostel.i love this place and very good place to meeting travelers and local .i recommend this place for my ffriends and traveler.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7