Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Really clean, really cosy, really friendly! Great showers, nice deck, good breakfast and walking distance from pretty much everything! We only stayed for a one night stopover but it was great!

• 5th Feb 2016

The location is just a little out of Downtown, but still well placed for everything. The staff, especially the owner were very helpful and great to chat too! Had a homely vibe which was good, 10/10 would recommend.

Great Hostel for the Pride

One of the greatest hostel I've stayed in. Feels like home away from home. Awesome place and awesome people. 300% will come back

I had the best time here! Your staff is the absolute coolest!!

• 25th Jan 2016

DUO Housing is the best Hostel in the D.C. area. So many amenities and comfort. I always feel grateful when I go on line to book and there are beds available. I recommend DUO to as many people as I can who travel a lot. Kindly, Mrs. Cherry L. Turner

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel, staff was really nice and atmosphere was great. A socket and a lamp next to the bed would be useful. Also to have a printer at hand for those guest who need to print some ticket or document would be cool. Keep it it up, good job!

Would recommend and would stay again. Lovely owner!

Loveliest staff ever, best atmosphere ive had in a hostel, and incredibly clean beds and nice showers.. Id definitely come back, and would recommend it to everyone!

• 18th Jan 2016

Not a bad hostel for the price, but there were a few things that bothered me. The rooms didn't lock, only the front doors, so there was no way to secure large suitcases and things that didn't fit in the small filing cabinet. It was a bit noisy, with the 3rd floor hang out room and the doorbell going off at night. The shower doors in the bathroom are somewhat see through and it would've been nice to have more privacy.

• 15th Jan 2016

Was traveling for work and needed a place to stay for one night. Liked the place overall in terms of cleanliness and atmosphere. Staff was helpful too. The pancakes for the free breakfast was really good. There is just one shower room, which might be inconvenient if there are a lot of people staying.

Friendly staff, awesome location, and FREE PANCAKES. Great value for the money.

• 13th Jan 2016

Clean, comfortable beds, reasonably quiet! The ratio of bathrooms to beds isn't great, especially given sinks are only located with showers. I thought it a bit strange that none of the staffers introduced themselves by name. Big no-no: being told I couldn't have visitors anywhere (including common areas) as I checked in with my friend in tow, who was going to stay over for dinner. This is something you need to tell guests beforehand, and possibly a dealbreaker altogether.

• 13th Jan 2016

Too many beds and not enough space. Cramped and grimy.

Second night was woke up by a constant leak somewhere above me and also found one toilet clogged, aka too much feces. Informed desk clerk next morning & response was to move me elsewhere. That evening, the guy in the next room found the bed soaked & had a manager there, ASAP. This water damage caused a funky smell until I left. I spotted a small cockroach in the hallway and another in my room. The left side bathroom has mold in many areas of the shower stall. Finally, countless paint peeling

• 12th Jan 2016

The staff was amazing! They made me feel very welcome and made awesome pancakes every morning. The dorms are fine, but there were no outlets close to bed so I could charge my cell during the night.. but the outlests on the common rooms and computers worked nice! Bad thing: too many stairs. Good thing: you get to know people from everywhere and it is really very clean.

Top-notch hostel! Facilities (dorm/bathrooms/kitchen) were very clean. Staff was welcoming and friendly. Conveniently located in heart of DC, right around the corner from Convention Center. Interesting mix of guests from around the world.

Great facilities!

• 10th Jan 2016

There is nothing too much to say. Good for money, clean, good location, helpfull staff.

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Turkey

This is a good hostel in quite a good location! Most of the staff are really friendly and helpful, and the amazing pancakes in the morning is a real bonus!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7