Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

It was a great time! The hostel is run in a perfect way. It's clean, safe with the great staff crew. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Poland

The staff was always super friendly and helpful no matter what question you had. The rules are great for keeping this place casual and fun yet peaceful when you need sleep. It was as cleanly as it could be for the number of people coming in and out daily, but if your looking for somewhere immaculate, you should consider a hotel. The location was absolutely perfect for getting to the Walter E Washington Convention Center. My valuables were safe in the small drawer I brought a lock for.

• 14th Nov 2014

10/10 hostel! Great location perfect walking distance to all the sites and central to China town where you can get lovely food. The hostel was extremely clean/ well run. The managers were really fun and extremely helpful while maintaining a level of professionalism to ensure everything ran smoothly. Free pancake breaky was great too. Only advice would be paper towels in the toilets to dry hands with and some form of locking system on bedroom doors. AZ you're a legend, good luck with everything!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

The location, people and cleanness of the place is great. I just did not like that they have very few common spaces available, which makes difficult if you want to work or speak in private, since is a big hostel, with few areas to be during the day. The matresses are too old and unconfortable.

Very very dirty room Very very dirty bathroom Very very cold no good heaters The bathrooms open the the air The shower no hot water most of the times Very smal living room can hold 7 people wile the stating in the hostel is more than 100 Very very dirty I leave 2 day ealy form my booking day Becouse i can live in that bad bad bad place Dont even think to book there We were 10 people in 5 rooms No one like the hostel it is soooooo dirty

I've stayed at DUO 3 times. The staff members are friendly, knowledgeable, very professional and fun personalities. The quality of travelers who stay here are great. I've met lifetime friends each stay. The location is great with a supermarket next door, laundry, dry cleaners, metro 4 short blocks and can walk to major sights.

Had a great stay! Could recommend it to anyone!

• 8th Nov 2014

My favorite hostel in DC.

Duo hostel was conveniently located as my girlfriend and I were in D.C. on vacation. It is minutes away from the metro and allowed us to get to all the tourist attractions in minutes. The money we saved by staying there allowed us to experience more things in D.C. and the surrounding areas. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Some cons would be poor ventilation in the rooms, no towels in the restrooms to dry hands after washing them, and having to take our shoes off before entering.

• 5th Nov 2014

Showers are scolding hot and impossible to turn to cold

• 5th Nov 2014

A good hostel, 20 min walk to the mall.

Great stay

SUPER STRICT! I thought I signed my life away when first arriving. Do not like how strict the drinking rules were and the 12 bunk room felt like I was living in prison or military barracks. Kitchen was super small for the amount of people that were staying, but they had tons of bathrooms. The people I met were great, and the free BBQ and breakfast was a nice bonus. Overall it was an ok hostel, but not my first choice.

• 1st Nov 2014

Staff here were amazing and was so easy to meet people which is great when travelling alone

Could use more bathrooms

• 31st Oct 2014

It's a nice hostel if you'll only be a couple of days and don't want to spend too much money. I didn't like that rooms didn't have keys and they were all open all the time. I also didn't like the showers which had not private space for changing and I thought that kitchen was really small. Decent hostel for sleeping. I wouldn't like to be there when it's super crowded though.

I'm actually a bit surprised this place is rated and awarded so highly - it's nothing that special! (sorry, sort of.) Bad stuff: - stood for about 15 mins waiting for staff to turn up on arrival - all but one male shower seemed to have temperature control of either "arctic sea" or "solar corona" with nothing in between - squeeky beds meant lots of waking up in the dorms - lots of people getting up pre 6am for some reason :( Good stuff: - the place exists, and has beds and showers.

Very nice people and good prices

Conveniently located. Great atmosphere and the staff were very friendly.

All round not bad but was surprised at it being rated so highly. It may have been excellent once upon a time, but facilities were a bit battered and the bathrooms were certainly not clean. Staff were very friendly and it was a good location for sightseeing.

• 26th Oct 2014