Duo Housing DC

Fabulous 4631 Total Reviews
Fabulous 4631 Total Reviews

• China, Female, 31-40
27th Apr 2017

I had a great experience at the duo house. The staff were friendly and helpful. The fellow guests are contientious and respectful. The upstairs room was clean and quiet. I stayed there for two days and it was great. Unfortunately, I had to stay in the basement room for the last day. It smells bad (possibly because of the toilet, and the bug spray), and I didn't enjoy it. But overall I had a nice stay. Like this hostel. Thank you!

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
24th Apr 2017

Very clean hostel, with chilled and relaxing environment. Location and facilities are decent, with only complaint being that I only noticed one toilet per floor, though somehow this did not cause too much of an issue.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
22nd Apr 2017
3.7

One of the staff was very helpful with my luggage when I 've arrived, but that was all Room I was had a bathroom All of it smell urine, there was even a huge fly in there Light in the bathroom didn't work as well as the toilet itself had problems I would not recommend and if someone asks me, I would say stay away

22nd Apr 2017

Great hostel in a very convenient location. Lots of great things to do in the area. Staff were very nice, helpful and attentive. Beds were comfortable. Secure lockers in the rooms (just bring your own lock). Cool outdoor roof area to hang out. Staff made pancakes for everyone in the morning. Would recommend this hostel.

• Venezuela, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2017
6.0

Be aware of unadverted fees. The online booking mentioned the fact they were going to charge me a 10$ fee for leaving my bag past 3pm. However, the rules and conditions I signed at the Hostel did not mention this fee AT ALL, they mentioned other fees but never this one. I also asked if I could leave my bag at the hostel for the day. They said yes and never mentioned the fact I had to pay an extra fee! The whole set up seems like a fairly sneaky way to get more money.

• USA, Male, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

We had a wonderful stay in D.C. thanks to the staff!

• linavnilsson3338
  • Sweden, Female, 25-30
17th Apr 2017

The A.C. was really loud, but with some earplugs it was ok, even tho the beds were quite uncomfortable. Bathroom in our room didn't work and they seemed fully aware of that when we told them. It's an ok hostel, nothing special about it, except for the roof terrace and patio. Totally fine if you're only gonna sleep, shower, make som food and get going again.

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Apr 2017

I was ony here for one night but I had a great stay here! The room and bed was nice, comfortable living area and terrace, and a tasty breakfast to round off my stay. The location was ideal too. I took a 10 minute bus just a block or two away straight down to the National Mall. Highly recommended!

• globetrotterbrough
  • England, Couple, 25-30
16th Apr 2017

Fantastic hostel. The staff are on point and extremely welcoming. We were lucky enough to be there for pizza and a movie night, which was great. Rooms are pretty good with the lights on a timer which I personally think is a game changer in avoiding the awkwardness of who and when you switch the dorm lights off! All in all loved our stay and will be returning at some point in the future. Thanks for having us.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Apr 2017
6.0

The common areas in the hostel were very good; there was a rooftop garden, a couple of living rooms and some computers for people to use. However, there weren't enough bathrooms for the number of people staying, they weren't as clean as we would expect and our room was very cramped with not enough space to leave our bags. Furthermore, the bed linen should be replaced-my pillowcase was so worn I could see through it. Breakfast was very good!!