Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

I cannot say enough about how fantastic the staff and overall experience is at Duo! When I am in DC, I prefer to stay in no other hostel! The Sunday evening BBQ and early morning coffee and homemade pancakes are such a loving touch. This place is filled with thoughtful details for the tuckered-out global citizen to admire.

Generally, it's a great place. The stuff is very friendly. However, when I asked for some explanations about the importants place and the way of them, they just give me an useless map and leave me alone.The second problem is towel, maybe because of my lack of chance, the towel which I used was dirty. On the other hand, like I said it's a friendly place. Almost everybody is under 30 years old. I retourned to hostel at 2 am and there people awake were playing games and talking with eachothers.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

The patio furniture made a nice outdoor place to relax. The pancakes in the morning were a nice touch. It was safe, clean and located close to public transportation and sightseeing. Some staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about things going on around town, some were less knowledgeable or helpful with directions. Staff often seemed harried and busy.

The overall evaluation of my stay is positive. The place was mostly clean and neat. The breakfast was very lame and took forever to prepare a pancake. However, the yummy weekend BBQ made up for that. Staff were a mix of friendly and mean. Marvin and ZB were the bests. They were very helpful and friendly. Caitlin was mean and not friendly. AZ was okay. Location is good and near both tourist places and party venues.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great place to stay! Friendly, accommodating staff and pleasant guests! Pancake breakfasts and BBQ's are always a perk - had some awesome chats that only added to my trip up on the rooftop terrace. Would definitely stay again!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hi. I read good reviews of the Duo. My general disposition is to think favourably of where I stay and review highly. The staff on introducing me to services were good. Other staff the next two days were working tired plus there heart wasn't in it. Being 6'4 I could see dust and grime on top of surfaces that has gathered at least a year, maybe more. Behind lockers rubbish had been accumulating for the same duration. Spirit among guests was okay but would be improved if more care was given.

• 30th Jun 2015

The best u.s hostel i have ever stayed in.

It was clean and the staff people there friendly and efficient.

Great staff and amazing location. The entry way was where the shoes are kept, so it smells when you walk in, but otherwise great hostel.

• 27th Jun 2015

Extremely rude staff member! The girl working the front desk on Friday night, June 26, obnoxiously complained to me about accidentally wearing my shoes and then glared at me to make sure I took them off. She behaved extremely rudely over the phone and with a new customer, blaming them and acting stubborn, rather than being open and kind. In the morning, a staff member lectured me about my bed sheets rather than helping me with them. A guy was snoring all night. Very annoying.

Good hostel, great staff, perfect location. The amount of rules seemed a bit unnecessary - no shoes inside, no eating downstairs, no alcohol after 10pm, 10 minute showers etc. I would lighten up a bit on these, but otherwise, it's a decent place.

Awesome atmosphere, never seen something like this before and it's totally worth it.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Located in a nice area a short walk to the museums and monuments. The hostel itself was really nice and provided a really relaxed atmosphere. Its a great place to stay while checking out DC

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Was nice, the staff is very kind, and the location is very close to downtown

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Best bang for my buck, close to the attractions, and Pedro was great customer service and the guy has excellent suggestions for things to do, and is a walking American history book....really good information and highly recommend talking to him before you go out..... thanks Pedro for making my stay excellent

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff were not friendly at all. I've stayed at all different hostels during the past month traveling, and this is probably the worst. They didn't even look at me when I talked to them. When i asked them questions they just keep scrolling down on their Facebook. Didn't feel respected.

Good place to stay for a couple of days, but be prepared to sleep with earplugs as the house is old and you can hear noises, flushings, footsteps etc.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Clean and comfortable with a bohemian vibe and friendly staff.

• 18th Jun 2015

Everything was pretty good about this hostel with one exception. The TV was going in the common room and it killed any conversation. Everyone seemed glued to their phones and the TV. I've stayed at many hostels and this is the only one where a TV was in the main common room. Usually common rooms are places that encourages socializing and a t.v. doesn't. Other than that the place was clean, safe and good location.

Welcoming and comfortable