Duo Housing DC

Fabulous 4480 Total Reviews
Fabulous 4480 Total Reviews

25th Feb 2017

You feel welcome and at home in a big family. The staff really love their jobs and I felt very comfortable staying there. The bathrooms were 9/10 clean, everything else was perfect.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
23rd Feb 2017
3.4

This was by far the worst hostel I have ever gone to. It started of good, 2 out of 3 nights we had an upgrade. But the rooms were filthy, as the carpets and one filthy bathroom for over 12 people. The lockers were broken, so no place to keep your stuff safe. The staff was unfriendly, except for paola, and were not informed well. Had to check out day 3 and a few hours later check in again, while there was no one in the room. This is not how you treat your guests. And again no safe storage. BAD

• USA, Male, 41+
21st Feb 2017

Very good to stay here.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th Feb 2017

Great hostel with comfy common areas and a good vibe! The breakfast is only pancakes, but they're delicious and free, and there's free tea and coffee anytime. The toilets often seemed to have problems flushing, but they were working on it. The staff are great too, would definitely stay again :)

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
4.3

This was one of the worst experiences I had. The lockers provided were small and you needed to have a big padlock, otherwise you wouldn't be able to lock it. The breakfast served was pancakes. Period. No coffee, milk, fruits, bread. Nothing. Only pancakes. I asked to leave my backpack there while I walked around the city and they told me if it stayed after 3 pm I'd have to pay 10 dollars. When I asked to stay in the common area until I went to the airport they were rude and didn't want me there.

• USA, Male, 18-24
18th Feb 2017

Had a great stay at Duo housing. The basement smells a little funny, some of the toilets don't work, and they are particular about you keeping your shoes at the front door, but the staff makes up for it! Great people working there in a great location for a cheap price. If I find myself back in DC I will be returning to Duo.

• Italy, Male, 25-30
6.9

Weird staff, a bit awkward and not extremely friendly. It's pretty much all like "get off your shoes and those are the rules", which does not quite match the youngish style and vibe. The room (2b) was insanely hot. We checked in late and the woman at the reception walked us throughout the hostel at 1am just to show the place and its regulation. Ok atmosphere and pancakes for breakfast, which is the plus here.

• England, Male, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

Unbelievable value for money and really nice staff. I would say that I was surprised not to have access to large lockers to keep suitcases etc - though the hostel itself feels relatively safe (though am never 100% happy unless luggage is secured in a locker in a hostel). Slightly odd experience when I arrived and was told to wait outside the hostel (despite it being really cold outside) while another guest was being dealt with.

• USA, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

I found this hostel last-minute after my housing plans fell through. I was a little apprehensive since the price was so low, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The hostel is in a very nice part of town and all of the facilities were very clean and well-maintained. I highly recommend staying here!

10th Feb 2017

I was very happy with my stay at Duo Housing. Clean place, staff was very attentive and friendly. Owner was also a great host. Convenient location with a social atmosphere.