Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Great place to stay while you visit DC. Sunday barbeques and staff are the best :-)

Overall it's a great hostel is far superior to some cheap motels. There's really a sense of great atmosphere and the location next to the convention center is great. The breakfast and also the Sunday barbecue is pretty awesome. The only critiques that could have is that for the large dorms, it does get noisy for those people with beds next to the door and that they should maybe figure something out with that. And also with the shoe room, maybe they should build a giant fan that circulates better

• 13th Sep 2014

Like home only better.

I loved my stay. The staff made sure everything was well-organised and well-maintained and they were always available for chatting and small talk. .There was just a really chilled atmosphere.

One of the best hostel I've been to, great staff who makes sure everyone is having fun. You guys are excellent :)

• 12th Sep 2014

Wonderful

Pretty much the best hostel I've been to and great value for the money. On foot, location is very close to very good eateries in China town as well as public transit, and 20 mins to the national mall is great as well.

Decent hostel. Free breakfast was grand. Location wise it is within walking distance to all the keys sites. No door/ lock on the dorm I was in, which it could have done with. However lockers available in the rooms. Would recommend.

Really enjoyed my stay at Duo house. It's in a really safe part of town and you can easily walk to all the sites from here. Pedro the manager was an absolute legend and so knowledgeable of the city as a whole and a real character! There is a laundrette practically next door which was handy although this place is very chilled out it wasn't the best place for meeting people particularly if you wanted to go out of an evening with people. Would definitely stay here again!

My first experience staying in a hostel and I was very pleased. The accommodations served my purposes and budget well. My only regret was not having the time to stay a bit longer. I won't hesitate to reconsider Duo should I have an occasion to return to D.C..

• 9th Sep 2014

make me feel like home!! staffs are really kind and pancakes are really good

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Nell7
  • China

Contrary to a lot of reviews on here, I found this place quite average - not bad, not great, just average. Pedro is friendly but that atmosphere is ruined by the sheet you have to immediately sign that forces you to pay $25 for any misdemeanour, including leaving towels on the floor. The toilet has a sign threatening $1000 fine to those who clog it. Room was small, lockers were tiny, my pillow was horrible and surfaces were dusty. Breakfast was average. So average hostel with a good atmosphere

The night shift of the staff was something really poor. Did not gave us any kind of information about the hostel it self, did not managed to help us with any information about the city nor the area we were in. Feels safe, good location. Worst staff I have seen.

Very friendly staff in a homely atmosphere, we had a great stay!

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » last »