Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

AMAZING HOTEL! The staff was very friendly, the location was great, and they even included a BBQ dinner one night! I would recommend this place to everyone going to DC!

We were waiting a bit more about this place. But it was good for the money we payed. The best part was the people we met and te staff were helpful and fun.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Bolivia

DUO was great! Very friendly staff. Super clean. The bathrooms and showers were always spotless. The area seemed safe. Can walk anywhere. Metro was about a ten minute walk away. Will definitely stay here again!!!

The first night we shared a 12 bed room. The room was spacious, the mattress and the pillow were great and the bedsheets felt like new. There was a bathroom inside the room that was also pretty convenient (besides the big shared bathroom). The second night we shared a 8 bed room. That was not that great. The mattress and pillow were in a so so to bad condition and the bedding was kind of old, almost feeling dirty. The big shared bathroom was great. Very clean and in good condition.

• 25th Apr 2014

My stay at the hostel was really good! I was a bit sceptical about staying in a 12 bed dorm and the beds were a bit squeaky but it worked out just fine with earplugs. The hostel itself is really home-y and nice! I totally loved the atmosphere! It was brilliant to go 'home' in the evening and hang out with the other people at the hostel in the soft couch and play Mario Cart and have a chat. Brilliant. One of the best hostels I've stayed at! And the staff was really helpful and nice :-)

Hands down one of the best hostels I have stayed at ever! From the awesome staff, the fantastic atmosphere, to the awesome location this place was just sensational!

It is a very comfortable hostel. You can get free cofee and pancakes for berakfast. Staff is very helpful and kind, they will always try to help you out during your stay there.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Peru

very nice place, if I come back someday to DC i´ll definitely stay again on Duo Housing.

• 21st Apr 2014

Without a doubt, the best hostel in DC. The entire staff is most awesome, welcoming and hardworking. Michael, AZ, La Shawn, Pedro, Maureen and Lin are the best.

• 20th Apr 2014

Facilities were good and and the staff was really nice - I really enjoyed my stay there. BBQ Sunday night was awesome!

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

The staff was very helpful and friend. It's a great atmosphere where a person can meet people and make lifetime friends. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for great people to stay for a few days or even a night.

• 19th Apr 2014

Only thing about this hostel. you can't drink after 10 pm. and you cant eat in all the common areas. otherwise it's a bad ass place with chill staff. Sasha, the owner is cool as hell and hosts BBQ and other fun interactive stuff for travelers to do

Best place to stay if you visit Washington DC. The staff is very nice, the beds are confortable and the hostel has plenty of facilities. I would extremely recomend it.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

When going to Washington DC - this is the place to stay!

We had a great time. We liked that you had to remove your shoes- meant the floors were cleaner and made it feel like home. The free tea in the kitchen was a godsend and we loved spending a lazy afternoon on the rooftop lounging in the sunshine. We did find it difficult to have a place to put our bags in the dorm as we both had top bunks and it got very hot one night - the staff were good though and adjusted the temp for the next night.

I know that it's a cheap hostel, but I've never been in a room where beds lack of basic facilities (curtains, light, socket). Also the room was very noisy (steps in the ceiling, steps in the ladder, water running through the wall). Last but no least: my only usb cable disappeared while I was sleeping (luckily my charging mobile phone not)

The overall atmosphere was nice . Staff were very friendly. The only issue was bathrooms. There are 4 bathrooms for the whole place. And the showers are not easily accessible. You have to get to the ground floor to get a shower and you cant have a shower privately. The glass is kinda transperant, so if you are ashamed of getting naked infront of people bring your own swimming suit to have a shower

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Egypt

Few showers and bathrooms. The hostel has a pet (bulldog) inside. The common spaces are small. The bathrooms aren't clean enought. The luggage storage is a mess.

Really enjoyed my stay thanks to the warm staff and friendly people around. The place was neat and well maintained. I only spent a day, will be visiting again for a longer period.

Loved it! Lin was so nice and helpful and the free pancakes were great!

• 5th Apr 2014