Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

I love Duo! The staff - Lin, Sasha, Mike, Julie, Martin, Maureen, Lashan - were super friendly. Make sure you book a Sunday night because they have an awesome BBQ.

• 1st Apr 2014

I found duo housing an exceellent place to stay, the staff were very friendly and facilities were excellent. I would hav no problem recommending duo housing to anyone who is going to stay in washington .

Sehr einfältiges Frühstück

I had a great time staying at Duo Hostel. My time was short in Washington but will always be remembered. The Hostel staff in particular 'La Shawn' made things inviting and welcoming from the get go. La Shawn was great at organizing events and bringing people together, always appreciated as a solo traveler - she even made me some apple pie :) The hostel is chilling, do yourself a favor and stay here. Thanks Karl Ireland

I stayed at the hostel for 2 nights during a eastcoast trip and I was blewn away by the awesome staff! It almost feels like you have beenbthere forever and they always have some advice about where to go, what to do and how to get there. The hostel really feels like coming home after a long day walking through DC. It's quite central you can walk to the White House or the National Mall. The rooms are clean and I never had any troubles by leaving my stuff somewhere unattended!!! I'd come again!

• 23rd Mar 2014

love the friendly staffs and other backpackers there a lot! It's is my first time staying in a hostel and duo housing had given me a wonderful experience! I enjoyed chilling with the people there in the common area, having thefree yummy pancakes as breakfast to start of my adventure every day, hanging out with new friends at night and have the weekly BBQ dinner at the rooftop! I appreciate these so much. It would be even better if the wifi connection is more consistent and strong.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

It is a lovely hostel with a good location and friendly and helpful staff. The atmosphere is good and there are pancakes every morning! I was in an eight-bed -dorm, but that was no problem and i can really recommend the hostel. The facilities were also clean.

• 21st Mar 2014

We have travelled a lot within the last years, always enjoyed staying in Hostels all around the world. So, we had expected sth totally different from the "well-rated Hostel" than we actually found. We had to stay in a 4-Bedroom in the basement without any window. Sleeping was not possible - too hot, heater was making noices all night, washing maschine one level above was running all night long. We paid a lot of money, but price-performance balance was not given at all. Not recommendable.

• 20th Mar 2014

Good place, Nice people and facilities. Shower, dining, and good amount of resting place. Wifi was little slow, but they are building new one. Recommend to stay.

I had a wonderful stay. Coming back always felt like coming home, the hostel has a great atmosphere. People there were very nice, helpful and welcoming. You can walk to the National Mall, but there is also a nearby Metro Stop. Pancake breakfast is included, and some people used the kitchen to actually cook. There is also a roof terrace. The only annoying thing is that you have to stop drinking at 10pm and you cannot bring your shoes (you might consider bringing slippers).

Great place to stay!