Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Awesome hostel with really friendly staff and people! Would stay there again any time :)

• 17th Aug 2015

Had the best couple of days here. Everyone was lovely and the staff were welcoming, chatty and helpful. Easy walking distance to museums, national mall and a metro station. People in our room and in entire hostel were great. Would definitely stay here again, thank you very much

• 17th Aug 2015

I had a great stay at Duo. The owner and the rest of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is prime (only a short walking distance to the National Mall and other attractions). The beds and facilities are clean. I couldn't ask for anything more. Also, they threw a Sunday night BBQ with amazing food for free. Can't beat that. This is the best deal in town. If you are looking for a place to stay in DC and are on a budget, DUO is the place for you.

• 16th Aug 2015

This was my first hostel experience traveling alone and I absolutely loved. The staff, location, free grill dinner, people, beds everything was awesome. Great time in DC thanks to Hostel Duo

Really friendly staff, great atmosphere all thanks to staff, the facilities were excellent with wifi, computers, tv, Netflix, books, towels, couches and a brilliant roof top patio. It was also in a great location which added to the whole experience. Hands down the best hostel I've visited around the world. I would highly recommend it to any travellers!

• 16th Aug 2015

Hey :) We had a great time in Washington and in the Duo Housing DC hostel ;) The staff is so friendly (especially the ´brazilian guy´, which helped us a lot!!). It is clean, safe and if you want to meet the craziest, kindest and coolest people you should definitely go there!! Greetings from Austria :)

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Austria

I stayed in the 'executive' suit 4 bed apartment. I was placed with 3 other men (I'm female). The apartment wasn't particularly clean and we got sewage smells from the hostel above us all through the night. If you want to sleep and get out early this place would be ok but I wouldn't stay there if you wanted a vibe, or super clean place.

• 15th Aug 2015

Very clean and friendly hostel. Staff were very efficient and informative and the facilities were clean and well maintained. Would stay again.

Good hostel, staff were great and really willing to pass on local knowledge. Would definitely stay again if I was in DC.

Marvin and Franz were the best.

• 12th Aug 2015

Awesome hostel. Best in DC ... AZ (the owner) is the best. He knew all the bouncers at the clubs on U street (big party street) and got us all in with no cover charge or wait in line. Roof top deck is fun, but closes a bit early (10pm). The hostel itself is clean and very nice. Located halfway between the tourist stuff (monuments, museums, etc) and the party scene (U street) ... highly recommended!

Stay was very pleasant.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

Stayed in the 12-beds room for 3 days. Enjoyable experience with nice staff specially the temporariy Brazilian boy. The room and washrooms are clean and the BBQ night on Sunday was an excellent opportunity to meet people.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

AZ plays an awesome host and personally looks out for each of his guests. GF and I caught the (veggie-friendly!) Sunday BBQ and went out afterwards. Great time all around. Super social, safe and secure. Clean beds and bathrooms, central location ($6 uber to national mall) and reliable wifi. DC rental bike stall right around the corner. Cheap liquor store next door. Very solid hostel at a competitive rate. Don't think twice. Stay here.

• 9th Aug 2015

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay at Duo Housing DC. The people we met were quite cool, the staff was relatively young which perfectly fit into the hostel since most travellers were in their 20s. What surprised us the most was that one night there was a group barbecue for everyone - if they wanted to join-awesome! The only thing they should improve is the way they organize their rooms cause they randomly moved people. To sum up, we can say that this hostel is a good place to stay at in DC

• 8th Aug 2015

First of all, don't bother arrive before 3pm. If you manage to get an employee to open the front door, you'll be arriving in a lobby where the manager is trying to impress us with hostelworld diplomas like "2nd best hostel in DC in january 2012". Wow big deal, there's 3 hostels in all DC. -No-shoe politics -The dorm's door cannot be locked -There's threatening messages everywhere(blocking toilets=$) -The free breakfast is a scam (7h-9h in a dirty tiny kitchen) All of this for 37$ US

It was my first stay in a hostel as its my first time travelling, first impressions were great i met some fantastic friends, the atmosphere was fantastic i felt like everyone knew each other! However one down side and i think a lot of people would agree with me, is that some of the staff especially one guy was very very rude at times and when we was checking in it wasnt a great welcoming. However apart from that 7/10 from me

The Hostel was awesome and super clean. Only 15 minutes walk from the white house. The Staff is friendly and they take care of everybody. We stayed for one night and would love to come back and stay another night there.

• 7th Aug 2015

I Do not know why the staff in this hostel get such high praise. They are on a complete power trip and treat you like naughty children by the way in which they enforce the rules. The 'Owner' is completely obsessed with himself, the moody fella (you'll know) is the least welcoming member of staff I have ever experienced at any hostel. They both about customers openly in front of other travellers. Also numerous mistakes regrading bookings every night I stayed. Great guests. Awful staff.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »