Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Feels like home.

Had a great time here and meet some lovely people. The beds are comfy, though a little squeaky. The kitchen is well equipped, there are lockers in each room and the bathrooms are nice and clean. They even have a movie channel if you want to relax. However bring a torch as there are no reading lights and the rooms are really dark if you go to bed after others are asleep.

The place is okay, not fancy but comfortable and very good for the low price. I stayed in a coed bedroom with 12 beds. The room was big and all of us had enough space, more a bathroom inside it. The best thing of my stay was the Thanksgiving dinner, which was a good way for us to get closer and enjoy the holiday away from home.

• 25th Nov 2014

Facilities : no electricity for each bed, small kitchen. But very good atmosphere !

Good hostel in a very good location (Close to lots of cool places in DC), helpful staff, and clean. I loved the no-shoe policy, makes me feel like it's my home. The atmosphere was nice which is a big deal for me about any hostel. The only thing they could definitely improve on is the breakfast. Free pancakes is definitely better than nothing, but could be better (compared to other hostels who offer free breakfast). Overall, it's a hostel worth going to.

Staff was very friendly, helpful and giving with their time and food. Great ambiance, friendly guests and generally good location. I'm also very thankful that the hostel didn't have a curfew as I often came home quite late. My only two grievances are that there is no laundry room in the building and the nearest one closes around 9:00, and that the ladies' shower room was ALWAYS COLD and I often had to pick other women's hair out of the shower drain, which is a bit nasty...maybe a note would do?

• 23rd Nov 2014

The staff are great! Guests and staff were very friendly and social. Great to meet people from around the world. Perfect for students on holiday or folks looking to visit DC on a budget.

• 23rd Nov 2014