Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

I absolutely loved staying at this youth hostel. Not only were the staff kind and outgoing, the others in the hostel were pretty energetic and cool to meet. I would recommend this place to anybody to stay at for a couple of days in DC. Oh, and if you need tips on where to go out at night or what to do, don't hesitate to call ;)

• 12th Jun 2014

The staff was amazing, incredibly friendly and really was able to create a sense of community among us disparate travelers in a short amount of time!

• 10th Jun 2014

Fun hostel in a good location. Bit lacking on toilets and having six bunk beds tied together meant very little and very interrupted sleeping, but the staff are lovely and helpful.

It was like my home. At least I felt like that. The best hostel I've ever stayed. Location is quite good. Staff is also very friendly. Don't hesitate and stay here.

Realy good Hostel with friendly staff and friendly athmosphere.I liked the big living room. felt like @ home.

It was my first time staying at a hostel, so I had my reservations. My stay was very pleasant, however. The staff is very helpful and friendly and I loved socializing with the other guests. I'm relocating to the DC area, so I doubt I'll stay again for a while, but I'd definitely recommend Duo Housing to all my friends! There were plenty of public transportation options in the vicinity and I never felt unsafe in the hostel and also in the neighborhood. Thanks for the lovely time!

• 9th Jun 2014

Good location and staff but the confiscating of alcohol at 10pm is a little childish and threatening notes on the walls saying we are going to charge your credit card $1000 if you do this and $100 for that is a bit over the top. It almost felt like a boarding school. The Sunday night BBQ is good and deshawn is a good dude took a few of out on his own time one night. The girl that checked me in was rude and rolled her eyes and gave quite a few guests attitude.she also kept talking about quitting

BBQ on Sundays is fun, staff were okay, rooms were average, free towels is a plus, would stay again because of the location.

• 7th Jun 2014

This hostel was amazing!! I had such a great time staying there and would highly recommend it! The common areas are fantastic with a really good social atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Free pancakes for breakfast... What more could you want? :)

everything was just gr8, ended up staying for 9 days in total, really great staff, also the other guests made for a good atmosphere, all and all great value for money.

One of the best hostels I stayed at during my three months of traveling. Great location with walking distance to almost everything, great facilities although the kitchen is quiet small, free breakfast in the morning with the lovely staff that can help you with any questions you have. Best of all was the atmosphere - both from the staff and the people that stayed there. Over all a great hostel!

GREAT spot. Great people. I stayed 2 nights here and 2 nights at HI-DC. I'd recommend this place #1 if I were going back. If you're under 30 stay here its a more youthful vibe. Otherwise stay at HI-DC.

Everyone was so friendly, it was a great place to stay. You will make friends from all over the world, great experience. Also fantastic (free) barbecue on Sundays.

The place is organized and clean, but 10 beds in around 16 squares meters are too many, as well there are little numbers of toilets for all.

I was in DC for three days and decided to stay at Duo Housing DC. The place was much more than what I expected. I initially wanted a cheap option, a place for me to crash at the end of the day. Duo Housing DC has multiple hang-out areas for its guests, including a well-equipped kitchen. The Sunday BBQ was awesome as I had the chance to meet all the amazing people who were also staying there. The staffs were so helpful and they tried their best to make me feel welcome

Breakfast every morning was a great perk & the staff was very helpful and friendly. The bathrooms & shower areas were always very clean, and even when they got a little messy, the staff attended to them in a timely manner. My only suggestion for improvement would be new lockers that a) are large enough to hold a "backpacking" backpack or small/medium-sized luggage, and b) match the number of occupants in the room (our room only had 10 lockers for 12 people, and the two of us still had to share).

• 30th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Duo. I've never stayed in a hostel nor experienced any kind of communal living, but it was worth the adventure and money. The staff were very kind, resourceful, friendly, and were very respectful of space. It was very peaceful and I'm glad there wasn't a curfew so that I could enjoy the city whenever I wanted to. The no shoe policy was great and provided cleanliness to the place. I will definitely be returning to Duo next time I'm on an "artistic pilgrimage". :)

• 29th May 2014

Loved the staff, location and beds. Not so siked about the basement room temperature and, for me, the showers could've done with a bit more privacy (and a fewer more showers in general).

Very friendly atmosphere, and greaaaaat breakfast with homemade pancakes :-)

Just stayed one night while passing through. The two decks are really cool, its true. It's also true that they run a tight ship on cleanliness, I liked this place a lot.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »