Duo Housing DC Reviews

The best way to summarize my stay at Duo Housing is to repeat the last thing that the staff told me as I left: "Remember: any time you come back to DC, you'll always have a home here." I'm returning in two weeks, and even after just two nights of staying at Duo Housing, I wouldn't dream of being anywhere else. It was the simple things, like the free pancake breakfasts, helpful travel tips, and unending supply of towels that made the atmosphere so wonderful: great job, guys!

• 10th Mar 2014

There are too many people for the size of the hostel, it´s far too over crowded with few toilets and showers. The dorms are also too crowded with 10 beds to a room, which is too much for the size. I also think that it was far too expensive for a bed in a dorm.

• 9th Mar 2014

Very nice staff. Feels like coming after a long day of visiting dc>

The staff are amazing! They are all so welcoming and friendly any time of day 24/7. They each stive to make the atmosphere of the house the best and it really is. The staff is very helpful with giving you ideas and assistance around the city. I can't wait to go back to DC and stay here again. I miss all the people I met and the amazing staff.

• All Male Group, 18-24

Fantastic stay at DUO in March 2014 for Spring Break. Top marks for everything, couldn't fault it. The free meal on Sundays was gorgeous- burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, cornbread, ice-cream, nachos and soda! The most social atmosphere I have ever enjoyed while hosteling. The dog was very well-behaved and I hardly noticed it- as a cat-lover I did not find that it impacted on my stay.

• 7th Mar 2014

A very small but very pleasantly clean hostel with friendly staff, location is also ideal close to Metro (4 blocks away). I would like to suggest: please consider reduce the bed count in each room, 10 pax in a very small rooms is considered too packed for me, imagine the heat builds up during night time and everyone is inhaling the same CO2, most can't get a good sleep due to this. The different rate for weekend is something you might need to reconsider.

• Malaysia

Loved this hostel! The towel availability - seriously amazing. I realized on the flight I forgot a towel and was hoping they were the type of hostel I could rent one from. Then when I asked and basically got (nicely) laughed at because of the towels available, I was in heaven. I know it's a small thing, but it's those kind of things that make a hostel experience great! Loved the staff too - anyone who makes me laugh is amazing in my books :)

This hostel is the greatest i've ever been to. The staff there is like family. You feel very comfortable with everyone. They are helping you with specific locations in the city. Also the pancakes every morning was perfect start for me. On top of that you have a big BBQ with the whole team together. I was in a lot of hostel already, never felt like that. So good job to Pedro, AZ, La Shawn and all the other people. Keep up the good work.

While there was nothing really wrong with Duo, I just didn't love it. The free pancakes were great and the location is good, the staff were friendly enough, but it just didn't grab me. Having said that I only stayed one night. Maybe it could have grown on me over time.

Have stayed at other hostels in the area. This one is the best by far.

• 18th Feb 2014

My second stay here and it was better than the first. There isnt much bad to say about Duo. They do need towel bars and shelves in the bathrooms and showers. When you need to do stuff in the bathroom, there is nowhere to put stuff down. If you dont want to walk around the shower room naked, you are basically SOL.

I like the stay. It was good. Just wish the internet connection wouldn't keep cutting out. But I had a good stay and will come again next year.

• 13th Feb 2014

Great stay, fantastic and enjoyable people that work here who are more than willing to help. Clean hostel with pretty good location. Top few days

The hostel was awesome and the staff was so kind to me or in other words my stay was amazing!

• 10th Feb 2014

The hostel was really clean, even on the days it was full. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The location was a great spot between muesums and places to go in the evening.

Good hostel, enjoyed my stay. Has everything you need, lovely staff and pretty good location.

it is very clean.you have take off your shoes before getting into the room.

Really clean hostel with some of the friendliest staff I've met, always down for a chat or a hangout. The common area is a great place to hang out and meet people.

• 4th Feb 2014

I would really like to come back again

• 1st Feb 2014
  • China

Really cool place to stay, for a day as for a whole week or more The staff is rly cool

View all Washington DC Hostels