Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Fantastic location easy to get anywhere notable, great staff, I could tell they really made an effort. Really clean, I felt dirty. However The bathrooms need better fans and my room was too hot. I would use duohousing again

Very helpful and well informed staff. Always ready to help a guest.

• 10th May 2015

Really friendly, great location, definitely staying here again

• 6th May 2015

This is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, hostel experiences I have ever had! First a special shout out to the staff, who went above and beyond to make it a special trip and make sure you are having fun and well taken care of! Special shout out to AZ, Marvin, and Pedro, among others. There is a very special atmosphere at this place and encourages the meeting of new people and making new friends. It also has an amazing location in the heart of DC, walking distance of everything!

• 5th May 2015

The staff here are incredible and are so willing to help you in anyway. Great location; super market 2 doors away and a short 15 minute walk into the CBD. Highlight is pancakes email every morning and free Sunday BBQ. Thanks Duo Housing!

• 4th May 2015

Awesome, I recommend !

Superb hostel. Sociable, excellent kitchen facilities and very close to The Mall. Staff extremely friendly and layout makes for very social atmosphere. Roof terrace and BBQ on the Sunday was a big plus. Supermarket, liquor store and laundrette essentially next to the hostel.

Perfect location and security! The staff is very kind. Really worth the money.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • China

The beds were very uncomfortable! The matrasses seem to very old.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Good staff, always in a good mood ! Good place not so far from most of monuments by walking and secure. It's clean and everyone was really friendly in the Hostel ! I recommend.

this is nachoo the mexican !!!! haha best time ever!!!

Great Hostel, very clean as promised, the staff was always nice. The pancakes were excellent.

I really enjoyed my stay. I didn't understand the no shoes policy.... However I appreciated that they enforced no sleeping in the common area. The shower water was only lukewarm. I would have preferred a hot shower

• 26th Apr 2015

Daily pancake breakfasts, Sunday barbecues, and nightlife outings were great fun, besides the convenience factor. I especially liked the chocolate chip pancakes, which I believe was A.Z.'s specialty. Excellent staff all-around. The bathrooms could be crowded at times, but I guess that's normal for a hostel. The rooftop patio was an ideal social facilitator.

Amazing time I had at this place, one of the best hostels I've ever been. Staff is awesome and the atmosphere is great.

Lots of fun. Would recommend

Great location with 5 mins away from the subway station, place has a 'homely' feel to it which is great. Extras such as an ironing board, hair dryer on top of the clean spacious kitchen area are greatly appreciated. Only issue with the hostel is the staff attending to you, they're not that friendly with an extremely insincere service attitude which makes you really uncomfortable. Lockers are not provided, though you need to enter a PIN code to enter the front door which was acceptable.

When we walked in, one of the first things was they gave us a list of rules to read. Then on the quick tour we were given even more rules. No drinking after 10 sucks. felt like I was in a school dormitory. Plus I had a slight flu that got much much worse cos I had to walk around without shoes all the the time. Can't remember the staffs guys name but he seriously looked bleak and created depressing atmosphere, esp during bfast after making the pancakes. The other staff were very cool though

This is a small hostel in a descent location, not far from Downtown. The hostel is fairly clean and secure. Beds were not very comfortable though. Hostel does not provide any activities or tours. If you want to meet people, it's mostly in the kitchen area at breakfast or dinner time. Also, this hostel has a lot of rules, for example, no open alcohol in the hostel after 10 pm. Staff was not exceptional, but at the same time was not horrible. I would consider another hostel next time.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay with you all. Loved the atmosphere, the great BBQ (give thanks to the chef for his hard work), the location and price are perfect. I lucked out having a 10 bedroom dorm with quiet (no major scorers & respectively quiet early risers) and helpful staff. Whilst the hostel was clean considering the amount of travellers coming and going, vacuuming under the beds hadn't been done in what looked like quite a while. The rooms smelled musty, maybe some carpet deodorizer. Cheers

• 24th Apr 2015