Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Stay was very pleasant.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

AZ plays an awesome host and personally looks out for each of his guests. GF and I caught the (veggie-friendly!) Sunday BBQ and went out afterwards. Great time all around. Super social, safe and secure. Clean beds and bathrooms, central location ($6 uber to national mall) and reliable wifi. DC rental bike stall right around the corner. Cheap liquor store next door. Very solid hostel at a competitive rate. Don't think twice. Stay here.

• 9th Aug 2015

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay at Duo Housing DC. The people we met were quite cool, the staff was relatively young which perfectly fit into the hostel since most travellers were in their 20s. What surprised us the most was that one night there was a group barbecue for everyone - if they wanted to join-awesome! The only thing they should improve is the way they organize their rooms cause they randomly moved people. To sum up, we can say that this hostel is a good place to stay at in DC

• 8th Aug 2015

First of all, don't bother arrive before 3pm. If you manage to get an employee to open the front door, you'll be arriving in a lobby where the manager is trying to impress us with hostelworld diplomas like "2nd best hostel in DC in january 2012". Wow big deal, there's 3 hostels in all DC. -No-shoe politics -The dorm's door cannot be locked -There's threatening messages everywhere(blocking toilets=$) -The free breakfast is a scam (7h-9h in a dirty tiny kitchen) All of this for 37$ US

It was my first stay in a hostel as its my first time travelling, first impressions were great i met some fantastic friends, the atmosphere was fantastic i felt like everyone knew each other! However one down side and i think a lot of people would agree with me, is that some of the staff especially one guy was very very rude at times and when we was checking in it wasnt a great welcoming. However apart from that 7/10 from me

The Hostel was awesome and super clean. Only 15 minutes walk from the white house. The Staff is friendly and they take care of everybody. We stayed for one night and would love to come back and stay another night there.

• 7th Aug 2015

I Do not know why the staff in this hostel get such high praise. They are on a complete power trip and treat you like naughty children by the way in which they enforce the rules. The 'Owner' is completely obsessed with himself, the moody fella (you'll know) is the least welcoming member of staff I have ever experienced at any hostel. They both about customers openly in front of other travellers. Also numerous mistakes regrading bookings every night I stayed. Great guests. Awful staff.

I truly loved my stay at Duo Housing in DC! It was the best option by far- super helpful and friendly staff, clean facilities, comfortable and safe. The beds are so cozy and the common areas are great. I had to do quite a bit of studying while here and I managed to do so, while still finding the fun crowd whenever I had time to party :) Also, they do open BBQs on the super pretty rooftop deck on Sundays and daily pancake breakfasts- what more could you ask for! lol

I had an amazing time at the hostel. They really make you feel at home and provided a fun and safe environment!

• 4th Aug 2015

A good hostel. We had a mixed experience here. We opted for the 4 bedroom ensuite which is actually an apartment. It has a kitchen, bathroom and 4 bunk beds. The AC wasn't the best as it seemed to give out hot air rather than cool air. There was difficulties flushing the toilet and the apartment had a bad smell. One of the staff member entered the hostel on the second night with a new guest to our full room and didn't even apologize when we told him that our room was occupied! Great Pancakes!

Tiny room. Aggressive manager pushing everyone around on the roof terrance shouting "THIS IS MY HOUSE". Totally inadequate as a hostel service. No amenities nearby.

Amazing place and the best staff you could ask for.

• 1st Aug 2015

Everything seemed to be going okay till it seemed like the who was originally therein the places checked out or was promptly moved to the other, just me and I'm only stressing the fact of how everything was fine at the DuBeau in Falstaff AZ up till everyone checked out or moved to the other housing, then I ended up with some weirded out Asian dude moving in to my room who claimed to be from New York City, yet after my explaining reasoning behind my even leaving that City,I'm feeling as I'm bei

Excellent place, loved staying here

Very good experience, even if it's was 12 beds in the room, I really slept well :)

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Duo house is definitely a great place to meet travelers around the world! I love DC and really enjoyed my stay at duo. Staff members are so kind and friendly. AZ really reminded me of my friends from college and the other staff just made me feel like being around my friends. I will come back and stay here if I have the chance to see cherry blossom festival in DC

I wasn't sure what it would be like sharing a room with strangers of the opposite sex. I was in what I call the 'luxury room'--only 4 bunk beds instead of 12. Two of the other bunks were occupied by women. We never interacted. The upper was asleep when I arrived at 7:30 PM and was still asleep when I returned at 2 AM and checked out at 6:30 AM. I was worried it would be a noisy place. I ended up being worried I would disturb the girls just by opening a plastic bag; they never stirred.

Compared to other HI hostels in Chicago, Houston, LA breakfast included here was a paupers breakfast and I have sympathy with the single guy assigned to make pancakes for a hungry mob of young men and women when there is nothing else but pancakes for breakfast. A single brewer for coffee is not enough.

Everything was good, atmosphere excellent; the only thing I had difficulties was the parking : for those who have cars it is hard to find parking spots and street parking is very problematic- you can get fined very easily for not getting the right understanding of so many signs , so the advise should be to find parking in a public parking building and search for the best one!

• 30th Jul 2015

Many staff members dominated kitchen facilities, and left them dirty afterwards. Television station was also changed from a program I was watching without any consultation with me. WI-fi connection was also poor.

View all Washington DC Hostels