Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Great, friendly staff!

The hostel is very good. They have a fair price and a good atmosphere. They might have the best service for the price in Washington DC. Highly recommended.

• 8th Jul 2015

Generally, staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The other gusts were courteous.

I stay at duo every time I go to DC and it's always a great experience. Definitely the best way to experience the city for newcomers and frequent visitors!

I thought the staff were really cool and talkative. The only thing I didnt like was it sometimes smelt bad especially in the mornings.

Th floor in the room is a litte dirty.

I had a great time, met a lot of cool people, and the staff were awesome! My bunk was in the basement, so it was a little dark/ damp, but that allowed me to sleep in a bit later, so no complaints.

• 5th Jul 2015

Duo Housing was very welcoming and all one could wish for in a hostel.

I cannot say enough about how fantastic the staff and overall experience is at Duo! When I am in DC, I prefer to stay in no other hostel! The Sunday evening BBQ and early morning coffee and homemade pancakes are such a loving touch. This place is filled with thoughtful details for the tuckered-out global citizen to admire.

Generally, it's a great place. The stuff is very friendly. However, when I asked for some explanations about the importants place and the way of them, they just give me an useless map and leave me alone.The second problem is towel, maybe because of my lack of chance, the towel which I used was dirty. On the other hand, like I said it's a friendly place. Almost everybody is under 30 years old. I retourned to hostel at 2 am and there people awake were playing games and talking with eachothers.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

The patio furniture made a nice outdoor place to relax. The pancakes in the morning were a nice touch. It was safe, clean and located close to public transportation and sightseeing. Some staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about things going on around town, some were less knowledgeable or helpful with directions. Staff often seemed harried and busy.

The overall evaluation of my stay is positive. The place was mostly clean and neat. The breakfast was very lame and took forever to prepare a pancake. However, the yummy weekend BBQ made up for that. Staff were a mix of friendly and mean. Marvin and ZB were the bests. They were very helpful and friendly. Caitlin was mean and not friendly. AZ was okay. Location is good and near both tourist places and party venues.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great place to stay! Friendly, accommodating staff and pleasant guests! Pancake breakfasts and BBQ's are always a perk - had some awesome chats that only added to my trip up on the rooftop terrace. Would definitely stay again!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hi. I read good reviews of the Duo. My general disposition is to think favourably of where I stay and review highly. The staff on introducing me to services were good. Other staff the next two days were working tired plus there heart wasn't in it. Being 6'4 I could see dust and grime on top of surfaces that has gathered at least a year, maybe more. Behind lockers rubbish had been accumulating for the same duration. Spirit among guests was okay but would be improved if more care was given.

• 30th Jun 2015

The best u.s hostel i have ever stayed in.

I mean the stuff did there job, but I had the feeling they were bored from all the travelers. so the mood were just - ok.

It was clean and the staff people there friendly and efficient.

Fantastic location within walking distance to essentially all the sights, so no need to take a metro. The main lounge kind of centered around a TV, so there wasn't a lot of atmosphere or social aspect. Most people just zoning out on their phones, which is fine. Free pancake breakfast was a nice bonus.

Great staff and amazing location. The entry way was where the shoes are kept, so it smells when you walk in, but otherwise great hostel.

• 27th Jun 2015

Extremely rude staff member! The girl working the front desk on Friday night, June 26, obnoxiously complained to me about accidentally wearing my shoes and then glared at me to make sure I took them off. She behaved extremely rudely over the phone and with a new customer, blaming them and acting stubborn, rather than being open and kind. In the morning, a staff member lectured me about my bed sheets rather than helping me with them. A guy was snoring all night. Very annoying.

View all Washington DC Hostels