Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

This hostel was an amazing place to stay for the July 4th festivities! Staff members Pedro and AZ run the place well and give the place a fun vibe. Pancakes in the morning are a nice touch, and we were spoiled with a July 4th bbq on the rooftop deck! Awesome time. The place has two keypad locked doors as well as lockable cabinets to secure belongings, so security is a non-issue. Showers always had hot water too. Great hostel in a great location!

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is clean, well-equipped and the staff are quite helpful. DC is easily walkable from here too.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Feels like home but with more cool people to hang out with.

Sunday night bbq ~ great way to meet new people and save a few bucks. Fairly central to everything, not just touristy places. Staff and security are superb.

• 28th Jun 2014

Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Sociable people staying here and had a good time. A 30 minute walk to the Smithsonian and other tourist attractions. Really liked DC and would stay at this hostel again.

Clean under the beds especially in the basement

Pedro and AZ, thanks guys for the good times and the wonderfull wafels .Beds could be connected to the wall for less shaking at night. The free BBQ was delicious guys! Greetings from Holland

• 25th Jun 2014

I loved my stay at duo mostly because of the people the staff and residents were so friendly and inviting. It was a real family atmosphere. Everyone was super cool amd down to earth. The beds were soft and comfortable and the blankets were warm. I slept good. I hated to get up in the morning. Lol. I like the co-op mix and the diversity of wonderful nationalities. I enjoyed my stay. It was my first time booking and staying at a hostel, but it wont be the last thanks to such a great experience.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Panama

Great example of a hostel. Helpful and friendly staff, nice place for both bedrooms and communal space. Very sociable feeling in the hostel so a great place to meet people. Pretty close to the action in Washington, somewhere between the sights in the centre and the more culturally interesting area around U street & 14th St. Would definitely choose this place again and recommend to others.

The staff tries very hard, but it's just not a very good building. It is much inferior to the Hosteling International facitlity 2 blocks away where I stayed earlier in the week. I would never return to DUO unless there was just nothing else available. Threadbare towels. Hot room with no fan or adequate air conditioning. No top sheet, just a duvet, which was too hot.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Good hostel in a good location. The staff were really friendly apart from one girl who has apparently since left, she was rude and disinterested in everything working in a hostel. Free pancakes for breakfast each day. Good atmosphere and a great place to meet cool travelers. The bunk beds were noisy and very unstable though. Overall I'd recommend it as a good value hostel

Possibly the safest and friendliest hostel I have ever been to. No bad vibes here. The only mark against would be that the rooftop deck closes at 10pm. I completely understand why, but it would be sweet if it was open until midnight or later.

• 19th Jun 2014

Great hostel, cheap, excellent location and the people (staff and customers) make the atmosphere awesome.

• 18th Jun 2014

It was very obvious that, during hostel outings, the staff tries to get female guests drunk with several "free for women" shots/drinks and attempt to get involved with them afterwards.

My 1st time in a hostel in 10+ years, and I loved it. Most guests are in their '20s from around the world, and the environment is relaxed and welcoming. My brother and I stayed for 3 nights this week in a co-ed, minimalist room with 12 bunks. It was a great deal for the location (7 min walk to Mt Vernon Sq metro), amenities (wi-fi, linens/towels, AM coffee & pancakes-Julie makes the best, large TV good for World Cup), and friendly staff. Thx Julie, AZ, Maureen, Shawn, & Pedro! ~Chitown Tammy

• 18th Jun 2014

I like the idea that no one wears shoes in the hostel and the manager tell us to stay there and make myself at home. I really like that. it is the clean place and I don't know why, but I feel like I was home there. I feel safe and have privacy.

I took two showers but I didn't sleep in the bed. I went couch surfing with a friend. They seem nice.

Omar is cool.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Poland

I had a wonderful time at Duo Housing DC! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the facility was clean with a comfortable environment. I had a very positive experience here and will definitely be recommending this hostel to my friends!

• 16th Jun 2014

They force you to take off your shoes so they have to do less cleaning, got drinking curview at 22, they just take the amoint of money off your creditcard without your aprovel!!! No signing, No receipt they just send you a made up mail with How much money they charged... Pretty sure thats illegal!

View all Washington DC Hostels