Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

My first experience staying in a hostel and I was very pleased. The accommodations served my purposes and budget well. My only regret was not having the time to stay a bit longer. I won't hesitate to reconsider Duo should I have an occasion to return to D.C..

• 9th Sep 2014

make me feel like home!! staffs are really kind and pancakes are really good

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Nell7
  • China

Contrary to a lot of reviews on here, I found this place quite average - not bad, not great, just average. Pedro is friendly but that atmosphere is ruined by the sheet you have to immediately sign that forces you to pay $25 for any misdemeanour, including leaving towels on the floor. The toilet has a sign threatening $1000 fine to those who clog it. Room was small, lockers were tiny, my pillow was horrible and surfaces were dusty. Breakfast was average. So average hostel with a good atmosphere

The night shift of the staff was something really poor. Did not gave us any kind of information about the hostel it self, did not managed to help us with any information about the city nor the area we were in. Feels safe, good location. Worst staff I have seen.

Very friendly staff in a homely atmosphere, we had a great stay!

It's a really refreshing hostel,like my dormitory at home.You can watch movies with the others,or eat breakfast together.When we arrieved we were starving and asked for some cheap restaurant in the neighborhood,so they suggested a lovely mexican just two blocks away.It was a nice beginning. We enjoyed our stay so much that we extended our stay.l.There's a no shoe rule,that i personally find quite smart and after some hours it didn't bothered me anymore.I highly reccommend this hostel!!!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

amazing' best hostel ever!

Really great place to stay, with very good facilities!

• 3rd Sep 2014

The hostel was clean and the atmosphere was nice. The staff was also quite helpful.

OK place. ~20-30 minutes walk to the National Mall, ~15-20 minutes to U Street. Good wi-fi. Glass used for shower cabins is probably too transparent to serve the purpose (replacement/ some additional curtains would be helpful to make the situation less awkward...) Welcoming atmosphere of the place is spoiled a bit by some warnings signs ("up to $1,000" charge for clogging the toilet, "$100" charge for making noise after 10pm, etc.) and that's strange given guests in the hostel seemed easy-going.

Great place to stay in DC! The staff makes this place! They are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Especially Pedro. He can answer any question you have about the city. Great location too, right in between the mall and U Street (bars and restaurants). Beds are comfortable and the pancakes every morning and BBQ on Sunday night make this place the perfect DC hostel.

• 27th Aug 2014

Breakfast is one of distinguished good advantage of the hostel. I really liked the pancake. That made me wait for morning.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Our stay here was okay, only. It was quite far a walk from the National Mall area but if money's an issue this is probably the best bet. Breakfast was self serve- pancake mix (not even mixed for you) so you have to take time if you're rushing out. we didn't have it in the end.Decent place, though the raving reviews do not justify this place.The staff didnt tell us what to do to check out and all we had to ask.Toilets are small but there's a private one upstairs (bonus!).Near a metro so it helps.

The hostel is good located, and have really comfortable beds, the lockers in the rooms look weird (they are one of those archives with metallic drawers) but are large enough to put a lot of stuff. On the bad side there aren't many bathrooms and the one in my floor was always clogged. The upper patio is really needing renovations. And the no-shoes policy is kind of annoying, specially because the hostel doesn't seem that clean (I think it might be because it's old because I saw the maid cleaning

Tour of the place was good, Staff were awesome, place was easy to get too

The smell when entering the hostel needs to be addressed, it makes spending time in the living area undesirable. One member of staff was high and made our group very uncomfortable, especially when he locked himself out of the hostel and we were responsible for letting him in. The security in the bedrooms wasn't very reassuring and the end bed in 1b has no space for getting onto the top bunk, making it a very uncomfortable stay.

• 25th Aug 2014

Nice hostel comfortable beds clean really nice roof terrace really easy to get downtown capital bikes stop nearby easiest way to get around and DC really safe for bikes

too few washrooms on each floor. The water mountain is located near the television which does not favor people to use it because people watching tv will be disturbed.

Awesome place! Awesome people! PANCAKES IN THE MORNING, BBQ ON THE WEEKEND! Only place to stay in DC!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Wales

The politic of no shoes is terrible. The hall of entrance and living room smells too bad. The location is very good and staff could be more friendly. It's a hostel to stay no more than 2 days like me.

View all Washington DC Hostels