Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Good place to stay and meet people. The staff is great.

A great place to meet fellow travellers. Air-conditioning is quite problematic though. It was too weak. Conveniently located that you can go to the museum district in walkable distance. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

I am not a hostel expert, but i have seen a pretty good cross section of what they can be. The hostel was clean and the security was higher than I'm used to, but the staff was distinctly distant and the atmosphere fostered as much amongst the guests. We were never once asked what are plans were in dc or given an indication that a member of the staff could advise us on the city. The inside felt sterile and unwelcoming to guests. I'm an American and this was a disappointing first us hostel.

• 1st Jun 2015

The wide variety of people that this hostel attracts makes for an amazing experience!

• 31st May 2015

i enjoy staying at duo hostle

My major issue was that some of the staff weren't too friendly. There was a blonde guy though who was very nice and I thought he went out of his way to ensure I had a good experience. The free pancakes every morning were also great & the proximity of the hostel to so many sights and attractions was phenomenal. Some guests were friendly, while some weren't, but you're likely to find people to talk to. Overall an ok hostel, but if you're looking for one just because of its location then this is it

• 30th May 2015

The staff were young acting adults! They were rude and condes. They treated two doctoral students like they were idiots because of their thick accents. The place smelled horrible and was not clean. The refrigerators were squalid. Thw shade in the ladies toilet area was broken leaving views for anyone outback to see into the bathroom. There were big storms while i was there and flooded the basement room I was staying in. They put a few bath mats on the floor to help, however it was flooded!

• 30th May 2015

It couldnt have been any better. Especially the blonde skinny guy that works there from North Carolina was especially kind and friendly during the graveyard shift.

• 29th May 2015
  • Japan

The staff with the half-bald, half-shaved head and glasses needs to step it up. I asked him a question and he just looked up from his phone, stared blankly at me, shook his head no, then went back to his phone. I could have gotten a more decent response from a random person on the street. Other staff were fine but this dude just brought down my general impression of Duo a lot.

Very bad experience.

I really liked staying at DUO Housing in DC! The location was great, the staff members friendly and helpful and the bed was really comfy. However I have two small things I didn't like: That the rooftop terrace was closed at 10pm and that you weren't allowed to drink after 10pm as well. I know why both of these rules exist, but I felt that it would've been a better idea to punish people that are too loud on the terrace/drink excessively instead of prematurely punishing everybody.

awesome staff, pancakes for breakfast :)

Very Welcoming! Staff friendly & full of info, they even accompany you taking you to the party places in town. Nice smoking deck, met a lot of people there. Rooms clean & neat and wifi always fast & working. clean Kitchen, clean Restrooms - good vibe! Highly Recommend Duo Housing!

I loved my stay at Duo Housing! The location is really good and me and my friends were treated very well!

• 23rd May 2015

Great hostel, great atmosphere, amazing staff!!! Dorms are big and quiet, as well as the common room, 10/15 minutes walking from the National Mall. Make sure you don't miss the free pancakes in the morning, the free bbq on Sunday... and the nights out with the crew!!

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. As a student hostel the atmosphere is friendly, with staff and other residents open to conversation. The wifi was nonexistent at times, which was tricky when I needed to skype my parents and arrange my travels. I did find the bunk bed to be quite uncomfortable, and it was also very squeaky- apologies to the guy on the bottom bunk!! Breakfast is pancakes cooked by one of the RAs/staff, who are a similar age to everyone else and who are also extremely helpful.

• 21st May 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay in DC

This hostel was great! The first one I had stayed in and it most definitely set the bar high! The staff and atmosphere were the best part, always there for advice and to show you the best places around! The bathrooms were the clean and tidy, just like th other communal areas! I will definitely be staying here again when I'm back in DC!

• 20th May 2015

We had a blast! AZ took the guests out almost every night. It could be better for historicity of the town, but hey- if you want to party then here's your hostel. If you want to get work/study done- this hostel will work for you. Do not come here if you want s guided tour of the city and all her sites.

Great location, friendly staff - 24/7 available to help and happy community. Free pancakes in the mornings and awesome rooftop accessible day and night (by 10pm). Definitely the place to stay if you are a traveller visiting DC. There is no space for privacy though, I would not recommend the place if you are in town for business and don't want to be bothered by the presence of others.

View all Washington DC Hostels