Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

I love these people far too much. Great stay, definitely recommend.

Excellent!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Feels like home.

Had a great time here and meet some lovely people. The beds are comfy, though a little squeaky. The kitchen is well equipped, there are lockers in each room and the bathrooms are nice and clean. They even have a movie channel if you want to relax. However bring a torch as there are no reading lights and the rooms are really dark if you go to bed after others are asleep.

The place is okay, not fancy but comfortable and very good for the low price. I stayed in a coed bedroom with 12 beds. The room was big and all of us had enough space, more a bathroom inside it. The best thing of my stay was the Thanksgiving dinner, which was a good way for us to get closer and enjoy the holiday away from home.

• 25th Nov 2014

Facilities : no electricity for each bed, small kitchen. But very good atmosphere !

Good hostel in a very good location (Close to lots of cool places in DC), helpful staff, and clean. I loved the no-shoe policy, makes me feel like it's my home. The atmosphere was nice which is a big deal for me about any hostel. The only thing they could definitely improve on is the breakfast. Free pancakes is definitely better than nothing, but could be better (compared to other hostels who offer free breakfast). Overall, it's a hostel worth going to.

Staff was very friendly, helpful and giving with their time and food. Great ambiance, friendly guests and generally good location. I'm also very thankful that the hostel didn't have a curfew as I often came home quite late. My only two grievances are that there is no laundry room in the building and the nearest one closes around 9:00, and that the ladies' shower room was ALWAYS COLD and I often had to pick other women's hair out of the shower drain, which is a bit nasty...maybe a note would do?

• 23rd Nov 2014

The staff are great! Guests and staff were very friendly and social. Great to meet people from around the world. Perfect for students on holiday or folks looking to visit DC on a budget.

• 23rd Nov 2014

We liked very much to stay at this hostel.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Very friendly atmosphere! I liked it.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Tunisia

The staff here were amazing, and I loved the atmosphere of the place. It felt homely, more like flatting than hostelling. The facilities left a little to be desired but the staff and the atmosphere more than made up for it (for me at least). I would totally stay here again but it's probably not for everyone.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Very good Hostel, superfriendly staff that helped and socialized. Good suggestions for evening planning. The buildings interior is rather old but from the cleanlyness ok. - I've seen better dorms, but the kitchen was nice and the restrooms and showers were perfectly clean! Minor critics: The Internet did not always work, and I'd wish for a better invoice including the final amount of money (incl tax) they charge. In total: Full recommendation - I had a great time staying there.

• 19th Nov 2014

It was a great time! The hostel is run in a perfect way. It's clean, safe with the great staff crew. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

Several BIG money problems with this hostel. First, I paid anight on their website and got my reservation cancelled, but they took the 15% reservation fee. Second, I called them on phone to ask for a solution with the reservation and they told me to send them my credit card info by email, that everything should be ok, but they didn't do the reservation in the end, without warning. Third my girlfriend got debited twice on her credit card (150$) and had difficulties to get refunded. BEWARE

• 17th Nov 2014

Overpriced. Breakfast should be more than pancakes - chuck some fruit in there! Also, private showers wouldn't hurt, and how do they clean the mattresses if there aren't plastic sheets over them? But, the staff were friendly and the location was good.

• 15th Nov 2014

Everything was great except that a staff asked me not to eat in the livingroom but himself just ate there (burger, ice cream...) and others drink beer there. If that's their rule then everyone should follow, not just me. I'm not happy about this.

The staff was always super friendly and helpful no matter what question you had. The rules are great for keeping this place casual and fun yet peaceful when you need sleep. It was as cleanly as it could be for the number of people coming in and out daily, but if your looking for somewhere immaculate, you should consider a hotel. The location was absolutely perfect for getting to the Walter E Washington Convention Center. My valuables were safe in the small drawer I brought a lock for.

• 14th Nov 2014

10/10 hostel! Great location perfect walking distance to all the sites and central to China town where you can get lovely food. The hostel was extremely clean/ well run. The managers were really fun and extremely helpful while maintaining a level of professionalism to ensure everything ran smoothly. Free pancake breaky was great too. Only advice would be paper towels in the toilets to dry hands with and some form of locking system on bedroom doors. AZ you're a legend, good luck with everything!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

There place is pretty cool. It has all the little things one can look for in a hostel. One of the owners is the most friendly and show off guy ever (in a positive way, he wants you to break the ice and is interested in what you say). The rooms are comfy and clean and sound attenuated. On the down side, one of the employees was not very skilled with people. The no shoe policy can be a bit of a pain. But also understandable considering all the carpets. I highly recommend this place.

• 13th Nov 2014