Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Excellent place, loved staying here

Very good experience, even if it's was 12 beds in the room, I really slept well :)

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Duo house is definitely a great place to meet travelers around the world! I love DC and really enjoyed my stay at duo. Staff members are so kind and friendly. AZ really reminded me of my friends from college and the other staff just made me feel like being around my friends. I will come back and stay here if I have the chance to see cherry blossom festival in DC

I wasn't sure what it would be like sharing a room with strangers of the opposite sex. I was in what I call the 'luxury room'--only 4 bunk beds instead of 12. Two of the other bunks were occupied by women. We never interacted. The upper was asleep when I arrived at 7:30 PM and was still asleep when I returned at 2 AM and checked out at 6:30 AM. I was worried it would be a noisy place. I ended up being worried I would disturb the girls just by opening a plastic bag; they never stirred.

Compared to other HI hostels in Chicago, Houston, LA breakfast included here was a paupers breakfast and I have sympathy with the single guy assigned to make pancakes for a hungry mob of young men and women when there is nothing else but pancakes for breakfast. A single brewer for coffee is not enough.

Everything was good, atmosphere excellent; the only thing I had difficulties was the parking : for those who have cars it is hard to find parking spots and street parking is very problematic- you can get fined very easily for not getting the right understanding of so many signs , so the advise should be to find parking in a public parking building and search for the best one!

• 30th Jul 2015

Many staff members dominated kitchen facilities, and left them dirty afterwards. Television station was also changed from a program I was watching without any consultation with me. WI-fi connection was also poor.

My third stay here and feels like a home away from home. Definitely recommend!

• 28th Jul 2015

Absolutely amazing time at this hostel! I was in DC for 5 days, and the guys at the hostel, as well as the other guests, made my stay near perfect, everyone was friendly, and made sure we were looked after!

• 27th Jul 2015

Keep staying awesome and tell AZ to follow his tricking dreams!

• 27th Jul 2015

The backpackers in the hostel were very nice, even we came very late at night, though, they did give us a big smile when they saw us, and very warm environment to live,and to communicate, If I have chance to come again I will definitely live for more days. just one thing to improve, the shower facility. Others were good :) t

• Hong Kong

Great hostel with amazing roof terrace. Really short walk to all attractions in D.C. They have a great all you can eat free BBQ on Sundays and free pancakes every morning. Definitely most sociable hostel we have been to. Only thing we felt the welcome was quite bad. The guy kind of brushed us off. He was probably just really busy. we felt welcome by the end of our stay!

AWESOME!!! Best experience. I Want to stay here more days😫

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Really nice people, good location, clean, nice pancakes and barbecue!

• 25th Jul 2015

Everyone was so friendly and met tons of new people!

• 24th Jul 2015

It is a great hostel. The atmosphere is excellent and the staff is very nice, most of them. It's 15 mins walk from the city centre. Problem? Few bathrooms for too many people.

Awesome experience! Everyone was great!

• 19th Jul 2015

Excellent roof top!! Cozy atmosphere in common area. I love it. I highly recommend this hostel.

Good hostel, few slight annoyances such as lack of outlets and the top deck closing at 10. Front area with everyone's shoes gets a bit smelly

A wonderful hostel in a great location with great staff.

• 15th Jul 2015