Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Full of young girls and blokes when i went there. Mostly students having a school break.

• Philippines

If Duo Hostel were any better than it is, we might have to think that the staff were really operating with supernatural powers. I have visited Duo many times, enjoyed each stay. The rooms are all great, people are really really ultra considerate about keeping lights out and noise level down. Staff always explain where everything is and give tours to each guest/s. Nino is the superb Manager. Free pancakes each AM, barbecue Sunday night with Marvin. Duo gets A++++ - We need more space for review!

• 28th Dec 2015

As my very first experience with international hostels, I must say that will never, EVER pick a hotel again in my life (until my future wife tells no, lol), and for now on, hostels for sure! It was such a perfect experience that, even after days have passed, I can still close my eyes and remember every single inch from the 4 floors, the responsiviness of every staff, the good taste of the pancakes, the friends that I made, the ticket that I got from parking in front of Duo... and laught!!! =D

• 28th Dec 2015

I loved staying at this hostel. My friend and I only stayed 3 nights but we had s great time. It felt like being home and was really comfortable.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Austria

Pretty good

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

The place was super comfy and the atmosphere was great. that was my first time in the DC area and the guy who checked me in was very friendly and helpful, and suggested all the places that we can check out besides the standard memorials. one problem i had was on of the staff members was super rude though, we checked in after 8 hours of driving so i was taking a nap. that member was playing a ps4 that he brought to work, and screamed every 5 seconds while playing it. he was 2 floors below me.

• 26th Dec 2015

Duo is a good place to stay for me. The location is perfectly located close to the metro stations. In addition, the staff never lets me down. I only wish continued prosperity for DUO housing. They're the best! Mrs. Cherry Turner

• 23rd Dec 2015

Great Hostel. I have been to 30+ hostels and Duo has the best environment for socializing. I had a great stay and enjoyed every minute there. Sasha made fantastic Christmas dinner and I made so many friends during my time in Duo and we even travelled together afterwards! If you are looking for getting to know interesting people during your stay in DC, Duo is the best choice. All staff are super helpful and friendly. Sasha is the Best!

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • China

Not a bad place. To with Netflix and couches. Toilets are good but there could be a few more. You will have to wait for one most likely. Breaky included which is good.

Was without no doubt the best hostel ever!! They are really welcoming and friendly people, always ready to help in anything! I really felt in home and was really nice have the chance to stay in this beautiful hostel and with such a nice staff!! You guys make my stay more pleasant! Thank you for everything and next time I come back I already know where I'll stay!! :) Was definitely a pleasure!! I recommend this place to everyone that planning to come to DC!!! Thank you! A lots of lovelove!

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Portugal

The location is the best, next to all the museums and memorials. And the breakfast pancakes are delicious!

• 20th Dec 2015

The dorm was poorly heated, we felt very cold during night. The same applies to the restrooms, impossible to shower. When it comes to the beds, I was sleeping on the upper bed. It was trembling so at every movement (either mine pr of the mate sleeping below) the whole structure was shaken. Sheets were so dirty and full of other customers' hair. I am not an easy complainer, but I cannot understand how the hostel could have been able to make it to "fabulous"

Great place to stay, friendly atmosphere, clean facilities. Go for it!

Nice Hostel, well locatizated and its sure a good option for the value charged. The space is very clean, the beds are truly comfortable and there's breakfast (pancakes). The staff is friendly and i would definitely stay there again.

The kitchen is rather small, especially during "rush hour"; but other than that, we loved our stay at Duo Housing and totally recommend it. Staff are friendly, showers and bathrooms are clean, and the location is excellent: the hostel is within walking distance of many attractions.

I extended my stay 3 more nights and was placed in the building next door. The tall, blonde guy who just helped me with my luggage to move over. He also accommodated my request to be by the window. More showers & bathrooms are needed. The pillow was very hard. I would have appreciated a top sheet and not just a duvet. The kitchen and bathrooms should be checked more than twice a day, since people use it at different times. Marvin was helpful and friendly.

nice location/excellent facilities- no drink after 10pm; & nothing-great hostel-you must go

Such a welcoming hostel! Pancake breakfast is a definite plus! The staff are so lovely and there are a lot of common areas to meet people from all around the globe. Would definitely recommend DUO

• 15th Dec 2015

Bed was uncomfortable and has a spring polling through, we weren't informed about the free breakfast until our room mates told us the day we were leaving

• 14th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

One of the best hostels I've ever been to! Very clean and very cozy! The staff is very hospitable and friendly!

View all Washington DC Hostels