Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

They were so friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Iraq

With all the posted strictures and notices everywhere at Duo Housing, you'd expect the place to be cleaner. But apparently the joint doesn't practice what it preaches -- er, nags about. I used the toilet with trepidation that I would somehow transgress the order not to clog it and thus be levied the threatened $1,000 fine. It'd be a cold day in hell before I would stay at this dump again.

Nice & friendly staff

Very good stay in D.C. Duohostel staff were all very friendly and chatty and were really encaging to all guests. Every morning pancakes and the Sunday BBQ ( very tasty!) were good ways of getting people together for general banter and few beers. Staff was really helpful with finding best ideas for tourism as well and was surprised how much DC had to offer! . If was to go to DC again, would stay with these guys! :)

Got my phone stolen :/

The hostel was pretty good overall, pancakes for breakfast, friendly people, comfy lounge with cable TV. Not enough bathrooms (1 per floor of 8 people in the location two doors down), and there was never any hot water- cold showers in DC in March not recommended!

Everything was great and there was food which is always awesome!! :)

• 19th Mar 2015

I booked 3 nights. Duo Hostel messed up my reservation and when I came back to the hostel at the second night I was surprised that another person was in my bed. They could not reallocate me and I needed to go to the airport to wait almost a full day. Couple of friends are going to Washington DC in May, and my first recommendation will be to stay away from this hostel. This huge error in my reservation ruined my trip to DC.

• 19th Mar 2015

Really cool staff, had fun going out at nights with a group the staff got together. it had a great atmosphere and was comfortable. I'll definitely stay there if I go back to DC

• 18th Mar 2015

Everything is good (cleanliness is top-notch because the staff will even let you take off your shoes before you enter the hostel) except for the shower, where only tepid water is available. In winter this can be annoying,

College spring break. As a single backpacker I stayed in duo housing for 1 night... Met a bunch of cool guys!!! We even hung out to a bar to celebrate a girl's birthday. Soooo unforgettable and how I wish I could have stayed there a little longer! Almost everything here is perfect!

• China

Desorganized staff.

One of the staff seemed as if he had a problem helping people. Well me I am not sure why but found it very rude that I was singled out like that by him but the rest of the staff were great. More extension cords little access to outlets and having to reach over people often in the bedroom to use it. Better pillows quality is real bad my neck was hurting. The rooms get super hot at night and everyone sweat gives the bedrooms a funky smell then super cold during the day. Overall still recommend.

• 17th Mar 2015

Me and my brother just stayed there one night but I had a really good time. The beds, pillows and blankets were clean and comfortable, the shower was hot and the pancakes in the breakfast were really very tasty. Finally, people there were very kind and friendly. I strongly recommend DUO Housing DC

• 17th Mar 2015

There is a set of rules you have to sign when you arrive. Cool! In these it should be stated how you behave in a 12 person dorm. We had problem with people turning on the light at 1 am and 4 am and leaving them on for over an hour (or until somebody turned them off). Bad dorm behavior!! And also 4 am alarm clocks snoozing 4 or 5 times before being turned off. We had a rather bad Night here because og the above.

Having towels available was great! I know a number of people has trouble getting hot water in the shower though.

• 16th Mar 2015

Very great experience ! The tabs need to be fixed.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • China

Very helpful and kind staff. Really liked the stay there. Will recommend this hostel to my friends who need a place to stay in DC.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Estonia

Great atmosphere and staff, one of the friendliest and most welcoming hostels I've been to. Had a lovely stay

I liked pancakes for breakfast which they serve (for free). I recommend anyone to stay in a suit, that was very comfortable.

• 15th Mar 2015