Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Unbelievably Greatest Experience, I stayed in deluxe brand new building, comfortable bed, Best location, supermarket in 2 minutes walk, laundry facility close by, FREE COFFEE and yummy Pancakes every day. Huge Barbecue dinner on Sundays. Amazing experience. I definitely wanna go back.

The hostel all in all was good, but the staff was present, but very disorganized. No one seemed to know what was going on and where anything was in the hostel. Most of them seemed to be more concerned with what was on the TV then what was going on around them. There was little to know hot water to shower and the main hostel smelled of dirty feet when you walked in. They require that you take off your shoes when you walk in, maybe just vacuum more and leave your shoes on.

• 19th Apr 2015

The house looks devastated. Recommend to not stay more than 2 nights. Charing a room with 11 others was horrible. Worst hostel I've ever stayed!

This Hostel has SO many rules, notices everywhere telling you if you dont obey the rules you will be fined, they might as well just say no fun! At check in, to sign you have read all the rules, it felt forced and wrong! At check in the automatically deducted money from my card (hostelworld deposit CC) without asking!! This is wrong!! Also the checkin counter makes you feel like you're in a police station Not enough bathrooms, you WILL have to wait 15mins in line in the morning & evening

• 17th Apr 2015

I really, really loved my time spent here. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the morning pancakes and Sunday night barbecue were delicious, and the fifteen-minute walk to the National Mall was priceless. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to any of my friends traveling to DC.

• 17th Apr 2015

My stay was great. No complaints!

• 17th Apr 2015

I gave it an average location in terms of location because the location is a bit more quiet and not perfect for those who might want to be super close to parties... But yet it was perfect for me :) thank you duo Housing

The linen is rough for my skin.

This is first experience with booking a hostel. I selected duo housinghousing based on reviews in hostel world and it lived up to my expectations. This hostel isisconveniently located for exploring the city. The staff areare friendly and helpful. The hostel is very neat and has a vibrant atmosphere. The morningmorning pancakes are awesome. Would definitely here again!

• 13th Apr 2015
  • India

There's not good smell in 12 bed room sometime.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

I had a great time at Duo! The staff are so friendly, the house is clean and relaxed, and it's a great place to meet people. Great hostel, I'll definitely stay again whenever I come to D.C.!

• 12th Apr 2015

If you are in DC you should definetly stay at Duo Housing. They make sure you have a good time! At sundays they even throw a bbq with beer, I had a great time staying there for two nights.

I like this place a lot, but it was horrendously overpriced. I understand it is cherry blossom season, but $50 for a bunk bed? With limited bathrooms, a new building that is unfinished? Unbelievable. Even when I went the last time the price seemed quite high. That said, the staff are great, the beds comfortable, and an excellent location.

Massively overpriced. Few bathrooms. Second building not completed. Nice staff, clean and comfortable beds, good common areas, very close to the sites.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The idea of organising barbecue for the geuests was really great as it helps to get know each other and have some interesting conversations with other guests at the hostal. I liked also the rule of leaving boots in the "hall". Unfortunatelly my bed was incomfortable and I didn't have a good sleep while staying in the facility.

A great hostel to sleep in and the staff are extremely friendly. Maybe they could install electrical outlets on the top bunk bed.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

over used or washed bed stuff. the sofa is very unclean. I got a lot of body odor on my clothes after a 5min sit.

Good environment with a nice living room for meeting new friends. About 10 min walk to the metro station.

need more lightings since it lack windows & air circulations, especially so many people in the room In the basement w 1 bath 1 toilet Staffs are helpful except the girl in the morning, she's not helpful. breakfast could have a little variety. Kitchen is well equipped & supermarket is next door which is great. They event changed the trash bags in the kitchen at night, so there are no smelly trash in the morning! hair dryers & ironing board are great, & fresh towels Only problem= no shoes allowed

The stay there is an exceptional pleasure!

View all Washington DC Hostels