Duo Housing DC Reviews

I stayed in DC for two months, and the nine days I spent in the hostel were definitely my favorite part of the trip! The staff was always friendly and available. I loved coming home to friendly staff and residents I could chill with. They had metro maps and sightseeing maps. They had great suggestions on where to go and what to do. There are a couple restaurants that I could get discounts at just because I was staying at Duo. They even offered one of the residents help finding permanent housing.

• 30th Jan 2014

If you need a Chess and friendly place to stay in DC, this is your best choice. Staff was very friendly and free pancakes and coffee in the morning makes this an awesome deal. Cons: sometimes it smells a little, when all the backpackers have to take off their shoes before entering. Don't expect privacy - it's a dorm.

• 29th Jan 2014

I'm not fully convinced by the guesthouse/hostel model. I prefer hostels being hostels rather than feeling like I'm in someone's home - yet given the location it is the only feasible way of doing it. Lots of government interns keep the atmosphere fun and playful and there is a kind of homely feel. I stayed in a dorm which probably had 1 bunk bed too many in it so it felt crowded. Would probably stay here again - but may also be tempted to see what other options there are in the city.

One of the best experiences in a hostel I've ever heard. But I have to say that I did not sleep well. I think the rooms were a little small for that many people. If you stay here I highly recommend staying at max in an 8 bedroom dorm. More than that is just too many. The hostel attracts many Australians for some reason, who like to drink and go out a lot, but they were extremely respectful and quiet coming in late at night. The atmosphere is like living in a house with a lot of roommates!

• 28th Jan 2014

The overall experience was wonderful, made even better by the super helpful, friendly and informative staff

• 28th Jan 2014

Great hostel. Lovely people. Very clean. Would definitely stay there agai.n

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Friendly staff, made my stay very pleasurable!

• 26th Jan 2014

I think the hostel is overrated. It has some pros (location, super friendly staff, complimentary food, comfortable beds...) but some things should be better; for instance, carpets were not really clean, wifi didn't work well in the room, bath towels were worn out, there were only 2 power outlets in the bedroom and only 1 worked, lockers in the bedroom didn't work either. I suppose I was expecting something better because of the rating (88%) but anyway, it was ok.

Best hostel ever! I just stayed there because I needed a bed but I wish I could come back and spend more time there. The dorms are small but the beds are very comfortable . You really feel like at a friend's place or home. Perfect!

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

Top place with top dudes. 10/10 would stay again.

Friendly staff, decent social areas. Clean, good showers but I feel like a few more toilets would have been useful. The rooms had a tendency to be extremely warm in the mornings.

evrything was so nice. the staffs were really nice but the best part was the atmosphere of the hostel. everyone was talking to each other even though they dont know each other and they were very friendly. and the pancakes that staff made were really good:) if i go to the DC again, i would definitely go to the Duo hostel.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Very cozy and friedly staff. Also clean. Nice hang out place to get to know new people.

This hostel was fantastic - probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's a very homely hostel and the staff (especially Le Shawn) create a good atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends.

• 19th Jan 2014

Loved the free Sunday night BBQ!!

• 18th Jan 2014

Great locale and vibe. Generally good people up for a communal, good time (but not with sceduled activities). Casual and fun people (but strict about their rules). Not the fanciest rooms or amenities. Amazing BBQ on Sunday. Staff is the best ever. esp. Le Shawn (and Lin & Sasha & Maureen).

The people we met in this hostel were amazing, but otherwise it's an average hostel. Make sure to get a room with a window cos we were suffocating in the interior dorms to a point where it was impossible to sleep. Otherwise it was a great experience!

• 17th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Amazing hostel. Felt like a home away from home. The staff were lovely and very friendly and made socialising very easy. AZ (call him A Zed for us ;) ) was a great manager and all the other staff were equally as great. Would definitely stay again :)

Good hostel, close to a supermarket, pancake breakfast, only criticism is that there were no outside windows in my room so it could get a bit warm and stuffy, other than that good all round hostel.

I loved this hostel. Everything felt safe, and the staff was very good about setting up an atmosphere of security and respect. The reason I gave the "security" part an avg rating is because the lockers that we are able to lock our valuables into are actually adopted from old filing cabinets. I actually think that's awesome, but it also means that if the person above your drawer pulls theirs out all the way, they can reach right into your drawer without opening it. I would visit again though.

• 13th Jan 2014