Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

DuoHousing is a good choice for anyone who desires to explore Washington DC's best monuments because the distance to National Mall is not far, you can walk there in 15-20 minutes. Near the hostel are some liquor stores and a supermarket just a few meters on the right. But bad news is that they all close at 9 p.m so after that, it's hard to find anything to eat or drink. The hostel is clean, cozy and has enough bathrooms so that guests don't need to wait more than a few minutes to use.

Great hostel!

The location, people and cleanness of the place is great. I just did not like that they have very few common spaces available, which makes difficult if you want to work or speak in private, since is a big hostel, with few areas to be during the day. The matresses are too old and unconfortable.

Very very dirty room Very very dirty bathroom Very very cold no good heaters The bathrooms open the the air The shower no hot water most of the times Very smal living room can hold 7 people wile the stating in the hostel is more than 100 Very very dirty I leave 2 day ealy form my booking day Becouse i can live in that bad bad bad place Dont even think to book there We were 10 people in 5 rooms No one like the hostel it is soooooo dirty

I've stayed at DUO 3 times. The staff members are friendly, knowledgeable, very professional and fun personalities. The quality of travelers who stay here are great. I've met lifetime friends each stay. The location is great with a supermarket next door, laundry, dry cleaners, metro 4 short blocks and can walk to major sights.

Had a great stay! Could recommend it to anyone!

• 8th Nov 2014

My favorite hostel in DC.

Duo hostel was conveniently located as my girlfriend and I were in D.C. on vacation. It is minutes away from the metro and allowed us to get to all the tourist attractions in minutes. The money we saved by staying there allowed us to experience more things in D.C. and the surrounding areas. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Some cons would be poor ventilation in the rooms, no towels in the restrooms to dry hands after washing them, and having to take our shoes off before entering.

• 5th Nov 2014

Showers are scolding hot and impossible to turn to cold

• 5th Nov 2014

A good hostel, 20 min walk to the mall.

Great stay

SUPER STRICT! I thought I signed my life away when first arriving. Do not like how strict the drinking rules were and the 12 bunk room felt like I was living in prison or military barracks. Kitchen was super small for the amount of people that were staying, but they had tons of bathrooms. The people I met were great, and the free BBQ and breakfast was a nice bonus. Overall it was an ok hostel, but not my first choice.

• 1st Nov 2014

Staff here were amazing and was so easy to meet people which is great when travelling alone

Could use more bathrooms

• 31st Oct 2014

really clean, some good common areas, but the biggest one was hindered by a tv - brought the atmosphere down,. But the upstairs ones and kitchen were excellent!

It's a nice hostel if you'll only be a couple of days and don't want to spend too much money. I didn't like that rooms didn't have keys and they were all open all the time. I also didn't like the showers which had not private space for changing and I thought that kitchen was really small. Decent hostel for sleeping. I wouldn't like to be there when it's super crowded though.

I'm actually a bit surprised this place is rated and awarded so highly - it's nothing that special! (sorry, sort of.) Bad stuff: - stood for about 15 mins waiting for staff to turn up on arrival - all but one male shower seemed to have temperature control of either "arctic sea" or "solar corona" with nothing in between - squeeky beds meant lots of waking up in the dorms - lots of people getting up pre 6am for some reason :( Good stuff: - the place exists, and has beds and showers.

Very nice people and good prices

Conveniently located. Great atmosphere and the staff were very friendly.

All round not bad but was surprised at it being rated so highly. It may have been excellent once upon a time, but facilities were a bit battered and the bathrooms were certainly not clean. Staff were very friendly and it was a good location for sightseeing.

• 26th Oct 2014