Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Emily and Eric were super friendly!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • China

Two things to note: 1. They will charge different prices for the same room based on when you book. 2. They charged my card the full amount a day before I ever arrived or checked in. Other than that, pretty good place to stay. Location close to the Metro makes it easy to get around. People usually go out every night. I never had a problem waiting for a shower although there weren't always clean towels. Entrance has two locked doors. Lockers big enough for big backpack, not a suitcase.

• 13th Mar 2015

I really enjoyed living in Duo Housing because the special sense of community that the Hostel had. Many of the residents were international from varied backgrounds which made it even more exciting. The pancake breakfast was really nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. Overall wonderful experience!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • India

I stayed in the new basement suite, which was of hotel quality. The facilities were excellent and the staff friendly and talkative- especially Eric. I particularly enjoyed the free pancakes for breakfast.

One of the best hostel ever tried in my "hostel-life" experience, just because I spent there almost 2 weeks and i felt like being home.The staff is friendly and there's always someone to hang out with.Good atmosphere in the common spaces and the feet-free policy is quite strange at the beginning, but very helpful in the end. Last but not least, the pancakes for breakfast make start your day in a perfect way. Clean and in a perfect location (just few blocks away from Chinatown): recommended.

• 12th Mar 2015

Being "best hostel in DC" it was not very good. no shoe policy so when you first walk in it smells like stinky shoes- very unappealing. come one people at least change the old dried out (one) air freshner you have! and for being no shoes, it is pretty dirty! I was there for 6 nights and only saw it vacuumed once. also, to test this, I noticed piles of "dust bunnies" near my bed, they were they until I checked out. not very clean. location decent staff nice. only stay again for price&desperate.

• 12th Mar 2015

I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed my stay

• 12th Mar 2015

The no shoe policy makes the entire hosetl smell like feet. Other than that the stay wasn't that bad.

• 10th Mar 2015

This was a great experience for my only night in DC. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating, they made the hostel seem more like a home than what it actually is...a big group of random strangers. The facilities were very nice and the cleanliness was impressive. I will stay again if I'm in the area!

• 10th Mar 2015

I loved Duo Housing! It was great that they provided towels and hair dryers, especially since I forgot mine. The staff were especially helpful and very welcoming. I would definitely stay there again!

Stuff is very nice and helpful. However, the rooms were a little dirty, when you enter smell bad because no shoes policie (the should do something with this) and the breakfast with free pancakes is definitely better than nothing, but could be better (compared to other hostels who offer free breakfast). Overall, its ok.

This is an awesome hostel. The staff is really nice and the place is clean and cozy.

• 5th Mar 2015

An awesome hostel and especially the staff is funny and friendly! :) Close to all the important sightseeing things and right next to the hostel is a small supermarket and liquor store! Free Pancakes every morning between 7:30 and 9:30 (you have to try the chocolate chip ones! :D) I recommed this hostel to everyone whos staying in D.C but book it on the homepage or hostelworld its cheaper!

Friendliest hostel I ever stayed in! Like being part of the family...

I only stayed 1 night, but the staff were really friendly and the security was good. My only gripe was that the pillows are too hard. Other than that good place to stay.

I love this place and I will come back if I ever stay in DC again. The staff were so helpful and laidback. I made some really great friends with the other travelers. I was so sad to leave but I will keep in contact will all the people I met!

• 1st Mar 2015

This place has a good location, cool staff, and also provides a very good security for your belongings. However, the dorms are quiet small and rather unpleasant. Our room had no window and guess how the air was after 10 people (including 2 with cold and fever, sneezing like hell) had slept there for a night! At least to European standards, this was not worth 25$ a night but I've heard accomodation in DC is too expensive so it may all make sense.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Great place! Good location, walking distance to all main sites and metro stops. Literally next door to a supermarket. Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice pancakes in the morning. Good kitchen if you want to cook. Would definitely stay again!

A good good staff and place.

I was thrilled with my experience at Duo Housing. The staff was nice, and the hostel itself was clean and in good condition. I could not have chosen a better place for my stay!

• 22nd Feb 2015