Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Perfect location and security! The staff is very kind. Really worth the money.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • China

The beds were very uncomfortable! The matrasses seem to very old.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Good staff, always in a good mood ! Good place not so far from most of monuments by walking and secure. It's clean and everyone was really friendly in the Hostel ! I recommend.

this is nachoo the mexican !!!! haha best time ever!!!

Great Hostel, very clean as promised, the staff was always nice. The pancakes were excellent.

I really enjoyed my stay. I didn't understand the no shoes policy.... However I appreciated that they enforced no sleeping in the common area. The shower water was only lukewarm. I would have preferred a hot shower

• 26th Apr 2015

Daily pancake breakfasts, Sunday barbecues, and nightlife outings were great fun, besides the convenience factor. I especially liked the chocolate chip pancakes, which I believe was A.Z.'s specialty. Excellent staff all-around. The bathrooms could be crowded at times, but I guess that's normal for a hostel. The rooftop patio was an ideal social facilitator.

Amazing time I had at this place, one of the best hostels I've ever been. Staff is awesome and the atmosphere is great.

Lots of fun. Would recommend

Great location with 5 mins away from the subway station, place has a 'homely' feel to it which is great. Extras such as an ironing board, hair dryer on top of the clean spacious kitchen area are greatly appreciated. Only issue with the hostel is the staff attending to you, they're not that friendly with an extremely insincere service attitude which makes you really uncomfortable. Lockers are not provided, though you need to enter a PIN code to enter the front door which was acceptable.

When we walked in, one of the first things was they gave us a list of rules to read. Then on the quick tour we were given even more rules. No drinking after 10 sucks. felt like I was in a school dormitory. Plus I had a slight flu that got much much worse cos I had to walk around without shoes all the the time. Can't remember the staffs guys name but he seriously looked bleak and created depressing atmosphere, esp during bfast after making the pancakes. The other staff were very cool though

This is a small hostel in a descent location, not far from Downtown. The hostel is fairly clean and secure. Beds were not very comfortable though. Hostel does not provide any activities or tours. If you want to meet people, it's mostly in the kitchen area at breakfast or dinner time. Also, this hostel has a lot of rules, for example, no open alcohol in the hostel after 10 pm. Staff was not exceptional, but at the same time was not horrible. I would consider another hostel next time.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay with you all. Loved the atmosphere, the great BBQ (give thanks to the chef for his hard work), the location and price are perfect. I lucked out having a 10 bedroom dorm with quiet (no major scorers & respectively quiet early risers) and helpful staff. Whilst the hostel was clean considering the amount of travellers coming and going, vacuuming under the beds hadn't been done in what looked like quite a while. The rooms smelled musty, maybe some carpet deodorizer. Cheers

• 24th Apr 2015

best hostel ever!!!!! I stayed for 2 weeks was the best time that I had in dc!!!! thank you so much for everything!!!!

The hostel is very good at what it does, provides you with a place to sleep and hang out after spending the day exploring DC. Super convenient, it's a five-minute walk from the Convention Center metro stop and located just north of the Chinatown neighborhood. The staff is friendly and they love to interact with their guests, especially over meals. The owner and manager is quite attentive to guests when he is on duty and he loves to show people around when it comes to the nightlife.

• 23rd Apr 2015

This was my first hostel stay - ever. I booked here because of the price and location. It's only about a 10-minute walk from the nearest Metro station. Seeing that it had great reviews and an excellent price, I made my reservation. I was pleased with the security, requiring a code to open entry doors. Staff and guests were all friendly. Facilities were all clean. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• 22nd Apr 2015

The dorms on the second level are dim and could be more brightly lit.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Solid hostel. Nothing special, but a good place to stay if you're stopping in DC.

Nice to see washinhton and nice to stay in duo hostel.

Lovely staff and guests. Clean bathrooms and nice overall vibe. Signs regarding fines for clogging toilet, noise complaints, et al seem a little much and overly harsh. Way too warm in room 1b., but awesome comforter on bed. Not a fan of "no shoe" policy and plastic runners everywhere.

• 21st Apr 2015