Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Staff here were amazing and was so easy to meet people which is great when travelling alone

Could use more bathrooms

• 31st Oct 2014

really clean, some good common areas, but the biggest one was hindered by a tv - brought the atmosphere down,. But the upstairs ones and kitchen were excellent!

It's a nice hostel if you'll only be a couple of days and don't want to spend too much money. I didn't like that rooms didn't have keys and they were all open all the time. I also didn't like the showers which had not private space for changing and I thought that kitchen was really small. Decent hostel for sleeping. I wouldn't like to be there when it's super crowded though.

I'm actually a bit surprised this place is rated and awarded so highly - it's nothing that special! (sorry, sort of.) Bad stuff: - stood for about 15 mins waiting for staff to turn up on arrival - all but one male shower seemed to have temperature control of either "arctic sea" or "solar corona" with nothing in between - squeeky beds meant lots of waking up in the dorms - lots of people getting up pre 6am for some reason :( Good stuff: - the place exists, and has beds and showers.

Very nice people and good prices

Conveniently located. Great atmosphere and the staff were very friendly.

All round not bad but was surprised at it being rated so highly. It may have been excellent once upon a time, but facilities were a bit battered and the bathrooms were certainly not clean. Staff were very friendly and it was a good location for sightseeing.

• 26th Oct 2014

Everything was great about the stay except for the stuffiness in the room that I was in. The ventilation did not seem to function so the air was warm and moist by the morning. Otherwise the stay was great. Good location, staff etc.

A few more outlets would be nice, and once the deck was closed at ten there was a shortage of places to sit inside. The pillows were like sheets of paper, but then this is a hostel I guess. Everything else was really great. It felt super secure, we loved our stay and especially the breakfast!

• 25th Oct 2014

I just stayed for a day and it was perfect for me. Great location, near to metro. Friendly staff, and secure too. They also let me keep my bag in the locker for few hours after i checked out. Total value for money (or better).

• 25th Oct 2014
  • India

Big hostel with a lot of international travelers. It's very easy to bound with people, especially since there's a free BBQ organized every Sunday night. Genius! Breakfast on the other hand is a bit light: pancakes only (which aren't that good), but it's nice not to leave the house on a empty stomach. Good experience!

Had a nice time at Duo Housing. The staff were very helpful and gave lots of info about Washington. The hostel was pretty busy with people of all ages but everyone was really respectful and kept to thenmselves.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks to the great staff for keeping the place fun safe and clean,

Great place to stay! Excellent staff!

I was shocked at having to leave my shoes out on the deck however I guess it does keep the cleaning down. I felt like being in Jail with the staff at every turn, The list of what one could do and not do went on for ever as I was only there from 7pm to 9am I guess it did not worry me.Yes I would stay again the Beds were the most comfortable I have ever had in my years of hosteling. The Dorm was very clean and warm.

Great place!

Stuff is very nice and helpful! Also the free Sunday BBQ was great! Would come to this place again!

The showers werent that clean, but the atmosphere was perfect! I met so many cool people, not just at the free BBQ-`Party and while having breakfast.

The place was awesome! Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in DC. Very affordable and the atmosphere in the hostel was the best I've experienced so far! AZ was very helpful and the whole staff were welcoming and able to recommend places when prompted! Would definitely stay here if I returned to DC!

View all Washington DC Hostels