Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

A great hostel to sleep in and the staff are extremely friendly. Maybe they could install electrical outlets on the top bunk bed.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

over used or washed bed stuff. the sofa is very unclean. I got a lot of body odor on my clothes after a 5min sit.

Good environment with a nice living room for meeting new friends. About 10 min walk to the metro station.

need more lightings since it lack windows & air circulations, especially so many people in the room In the basement w 1 bath 1 toilet Staffs are helpful except the girl in the morning, she's not helpful. breakfast could have a little variety. Kitchen is well equipped & supermarket is next door which is great. They event changed the trash bags in the kitchen at night, so there are no smelly trash in the morning! hair dryers & ironing board are great, & fresh towels Only problem= no shoes allowed

The stay there is an exceptional pleasure!

Awesome free pancakes for breakfast :)

Staff were friendly and refunded a couple of my nights last minute.

Although I had booked 5 nights, I stayed only 1 night. After 1 night, I preferred to forfeit the second night's cost rather than stay. I will certainly not be back. 1. The code to get into the 'apartment' I was staying in (which opened directly to the street) was so obvious it could have been guessed in 10 seconds flat. Unsafe. 2. The ceiling fan (which wouldn't turn off) was so close to my bed that I was terrified I'd be hacked to pieces if I moved. 3.Reddish brown stains on towels - ick.

• 4th Apr 2015

Was really a great stay!!!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Austria

It's was good lodging. But their basement rooms need their bathrooms facility change. As the broke down during my stay because the are pretty old. Other than that, it was great!

• 2nd Apr 2015

It was an interesting stay. A different experience from other hostels I've stayed, and honestly was a little worried at what to expect as soon as I arrived, but the doubts were cleared pretty fast. I really enjoyed my 8 day stay in DC Housing.

NIce place to stay in DC

I've stayed at may hostels and this was def one of the worse ones. Bad lockers, few bathrooms. Felt crammed.

The staff is friendly and there is free pancake breakfast offered every morning. Only one bathroom on the second floor for the majority of the guests staying at the hostel is not enough. The mattresses are a little saggy.

Friendly staff, good location, decent security. The hostel itself was shabby and a bit rundown. Average cleanliness, hard when most everything is old and shabby or cheap.

• 28th Mar 2015

The hostel had just opened a new building. It was nice but the living room/common area was cold all the time. Also, the showers did not have any hot water. The staff was nice and the hostel was nice but overall I would not stay there again or refer to a friend.

• 28th Mar 2015

Very noisy. 2 of my 4 nights people came in and were very loud from 3 to about 4 am

• 28th Mar 2015

We stayed in the newer, supposedly more deluxe, second building of the hostel which was overall was pretty nice, but there are only two bathrooms shared between the 20+ beds in the building. They aren't separate toilet and showers either, so if two people are taking a shower, you need to go next door to the other building to go to the toilet. The Wifi is terrible, it barely works, which sounds like a whinge but when you are traveling you rely heavily on it. The place is good, but needs some work

• 26th Mar 2015

The hostel was comfortable. I love that nobody is allowed to wear shoes indoor because it meant the inside was cleaner. The people that came through were nice, and the staff was friendly as well.

• 26th Mar 2015

I was here for a couple of nights and had an awesome time! The staff are super helpful and awesome and the other guests were great! They make pancakes every morning which are delicious :) The hostel is right between the touristy things like the white house, and U street/14th st which have great bars and cafes! I would definitely stay here again next time I go to DC

View all Washington DC Hostels