Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Staff is so so. No very hospitable. Maybe some fruit for breakfast?

Nice touch with the BBQ first night and free pancake breakfast. Lost my shoes, black Clark's, probably just forgot them. Advise spending a little more money and book one bed for all four nights next time. Had to keep switching rooms, lockers, beds because I wanted to save a few bucks and made three separate bookings, probably how the shoes went missing dragged between too many beds...Hope you guys find them, please let me know, thanks!

Nice pancake service:)

Wifi was slow when everyone else was on it. Common area was good to meet other people, free pancakes was nice, one bathroom per floor was not enough in the separate building. Good location, can walk to most attractions.

Staff were friendly and polite, beds were made prior to arriving (nice touch), and close to metro, liquor store and grocery. Neighbors in area a bit to be desired...don't bring your best jewellery, kind of noisy if book big dorm from street noise. Suggest spending a little more and book smaller dorm away from street.

We really enjoyed our stay at duo housing. It has a good location since it only takes about 15 minutes to all the monuments on foot. The hostal itself was also really good. We slept in a quite big doorm woth 12 beds. Beds are really comfortable and during the night it is quiet enough. Staff is excellent! They all are very helpful and most importantly funny. And, they prepare awesome pancakes in the mornings. We definitely recomend a stay at Duo Housing.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Liechtenstein

The per-night charges should have been around $20.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Its location is really good, walking 15 minutes you can go everywhere. The hostel was so crowded, however we always found avaliable showers and bathrooms. The multilingual staff was helpful and polite. Highly recommended!! And obvioulsy, Washington is amazing as well.

The physical hostel itself is great. But the atmosphere here was a little strange. After a long journey, we were left waiting in the entrance porch for a good 15 minutes before we were actually allowed to enter the hostel (for security reasons, I guess, but frustrating nonetheless). Breakfast was a mad scrum for food with the pancakes cooked ever so slowly and in such small quantities (albeit by a very jovial character). The night out organised through the hostel was decidedly average.

I had an amazing time at Duo Housing. Many friendly hostel guests and staff was helpful. I especially enjoyed the suite lodging. Great getaway for a group of good friends. This hostel had chocolate chip pancakes every morning, cute comfy decks to lounge in, and plenty of comfy seating indoors, as well. The bed was comfy, and the temperature was perfect. It was also nice and quiet, so I got plenty of rest. The only thing I didn't like was only having two bathrooms for the entire 2nd building.

Great, friendly staff!

The hostel is very good. They have a fair price and a good atmosphere. They might have the best service for the price in Washington DC. Highly recommended.

• 8th Jul 2015

Generally, staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The other gusts were courteous.

I stay at duo every time I go to DC and it's always a great experience. Definitely the best way to experience the city for newcomers and frequent visitors!

I thought the staff were really cool and talkative. The only thing I didnt like was it sometimes smelt bad especially in the mornings.

Th floor in the room is a litte dirty.

I had a great time, met a lot of cool people, and the staff were awesome! My bunk was in the basement, so it was a little dark/ damp, but that allowed me to sleep in a bit later, so no complaints.

• 5th Jul 2015

Duo Housing was very welcoming and all one could wish for in a hostel.

I cannot say enough about how fantastic the staff and overall experience is at Duo! When I am in DC, I prefer to stay in no other hostel! The Sunday evening BBQ and early morning coffee and homemade pancakes are such a loving touch. This place is filled with thoughtful details for the tuckered-out global citizen to admire.

Generally, it's a great place. The stuff is very friendly. However, when I asked for some explanations about the importants place and the way of them, they just give me an useless map and leave me alone.The second problem is towel, maybe because of my lack of chance, the towel which I used was dirty. On the other hand, like I said it's a friendly place. Almost everybody is under 30 years old. I retourned to hostel at 2 am and there people awake were playing games and talking with eachothers.

• 5th Jul 2015