Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

The no shoe policy makes the entire hosetl smell like feet. Other than that the stay wasn't that bad.

• 10th Mar 2015

This was a great experience for my only night in DC. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating, they made the hostel seem more like a home than what it actually is...a big group of random strangers. The facilities were very nice and the cleanliness was impressive. I will stay again if I'm in the area!

• 10th Mar 2015

Great place, friendly staff.

• 9th Mar 2015

I loved Duo Housing! It was great that they provided towels and hair dryers, especially since I forgot mine. The staff were especially helpful and very welcoming. I would definitely stay there again!

Stuff is very nice and helpful. However, the rooms were a little dirty, when you enter smell bad because no shoes policie (the should do something with this) and the breakfast with free pancakes is definitely better than nothing, but could be better (compared to other hostels who offer free breakfast). Overall, its ok.

This is an awesome hostel. The staff is really nice and the place is clean and cozy.

• 5th Mar 2015

An awesome hostel and especially the staff is funny and friendly! :) Close to all the important sightseeing things and right next to the hostel is a small supermarket and liquor store! Free Pancakes every morning between 7:30 and 9:30 (you have to try the chocolate chip ones! :D) I recommed this hostel to everyone whos staying in D.C but book it on the homepage or hostelworld its cheaper!

Friendliest hostel I ever stayed in! Like being part of the family...

I only stayed 1 night, but the staff were really friendly and the security was good. My only gripe was that the pillows are too hard. Other than that good place to stay.

I love this place and I will come back if I ever stay in DC again. The staff were so helpful and laidback. I made some really great friends with the other travelers. I was so sad to leave but I will keep in contact will all the people I met!

• 1st Mar 2015

This place has a good location, cool staff, and also provides a very good security for your belongings. However, the dorms are quiet small and rather unpleasant. Our room had no window and guess how the air was after 10 people (including 2 with cold and fever, sneezing like hell) had slept there for a night! At least to European standards, this was not worth 25$ a night but I've heard accomodation in DC is too expensive so it may all make sense.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Great place! Good location, walking distance to all main sites and metro stops. Literally next door to a supermarket. Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice pancakes in the morning. Good kitchen if you want to cook. Would definitely stay again!

A good good staff and place.

I was thrilled with my experience at Duo Housing. The staff was nice, and the hostel itself was clean and in good condition. I could not have chosen a better place for my stay!

• 22nd Feb 2015

Everyone was very friendly:)

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

had a nice stay at duo, the dorms were cramped but clean, and the lounge area on the top floor was great. The best part about it was definitely the location though, we walked to the smithsonian in under 20 minutes.

The Staff at Duo were fantastic--upbeat, energetic, and very helpful. I was very impressed with how clean everything was my first night, but the second morning the bathrooms were a little dirty--no big deal though. All the conveniences were there and ready as expected: clean towels and linens were easy to access, yummy pancakes in the morning, and computers if needed. I saw folks enforcing the "third floor only" food rule, which seemed like a great idea to me! Thanks for a lovely stay!

• 20th Feb 2015

Duo housing is my best hostel so far! The staff is really friendly, the place is cozy and familiar. Close to National Mall and some stores, clean and nice. Me encanto. Se respira un ambiente muy acogedor y amistoso. El personal es simpatico y anuente siempre a ayudar. 100% recomendado.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Costa Rica

its a nice place, with nice people ! there was a guy with some problems with me, and the staff, proceeded in the best way they could , providing welfare and security . Really nice people around ! a nice place to stay !

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

Great staff, clean, safe, good times!

View all Washington DC Hostels