Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

The hostel is crammed, which is good for meeting new people and it feels homely... but its not modern. Beer is allowed on site which helps save money, but you have to finish it by 10. The bars are close and it's a short walk to the main sights in DC. Pancakes for breakfast in the morning is good too. Just be careful if you are a group... They are very strict with their rules and although some staff were class, others were highly difficult and very much 'computer says no'.

My only complaint is that for a three days reservation, I was asked to me moved from room on the second night. Also, I am not convinced a windowless room.

• 19th Nov 2015

Great place to stay

• 19th Nov 2015

Excellent olace to stay in washington. Best staff ever! Very helpful..

I liked staying here a lot. I have stayed at a larger chain nearby a few times and payed almost double during the summer months. This offers everything that the larger chain does with a more homely inviting atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again. I will admit though I was a little weirded out coming up the road and seeing a bunch of gutted buildings really close to the location. Overall a great value that I would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in DC.

Economic and home-like place! However, the snoring person will totally ruin your sleepness quality and put off the wake-up moment!

Good service.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

I stayed in the suite of the Duo Hostel. Though it was nicely set out with all required facilities, from the day I arrived the heating was broken and not much was done to fix the issue (although we were promised that they would call an electricial of some kind). We were given blankets as we were told the heaters were in storage... All in all, I developed a cold and couldn't really enjoy the suite as I was freezing all the time. Shame as it has great potential with friendly helpful staff.

I had a fantastic time here! The hostel and facilities were great! The staff were great always up for hanging out, having a chat or drinking! And the other guests were so much fun, again always up to hang out and have a laugh! If I ever go back to DC, this is where I'll be staying!

One of the staff was quite rude to us, once he even became angry with us over something that was 100% his fault. Another invited himself up to our room and tried to flirt all night on the pub crawl. Unimpressed with professionalism. Upstairs bathroom was a little dirty and toilet wouldn't flush. However the [strictly enforced] no shoes policy keeps the place clean, and our room was very clean too. Ok atmosphere, lots of int'l people, yummy pancakes in the morning. Good location. Recommend.

Great bathroom facilities, nice dorms, helpful staff, free pancakes, clean, homely. Not so great were the limited upstairs toilet facilities, as well as one member of staff who was very judgemental and rude my group of friends, walked in without knocking to our dorm and made underhand digs at our choice not to go out on a saturday night. Him alone would put me off staying at this hostel again unfortunately, because other than that, a great hostel experience.

The staff were really nice and very helpful!

Great location, easy walk into town, good facilities. However the room didn't have any natural night, felt a little damp and was quite dusty under the bed.

Duo Hostel was more than just a place to stay. The staff was helpful, the "free" pancakes in the morning were good, the common areas were cozy and inviting. The hostel was located in a great area that is walking distance to everything you would like to see in Washington. Shoutout to the staff that showed us good places to spend a Saturday night and engaged in conversation with us passerbys. Great place to stay, I would recommend it to my friends, so that says something.

I've stayed in lots of hostels around the world and this is a great one. Great facilities and even better staff. They even know about Kompa music. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-HZ9tDZsA

One of the best and definitely the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Very friendly staff, hefty pancakes for breakfast and close to downtown. Highly recommend!

Staff were surly. First words were: "How did you get in?" Made me feel like a burglar. I sensed a clique and general grouchiness towards newcomers - something many hostels have. But all the basics were decent - rooms, cleanliness, facilities etc. Good computers for public use, great outdoor areas rooftop etc, and about the only hostel in washington that lets you open a beer. Luggage room was not secure and reaching the showers means waliking through main reception, so wear pants.

Our experience was great. The staff was very friendly to us, giving us some insights about the city and what we could do. We also had a great time going out at night. The host was amazing! We love our time in DC and in the hostel. Looking forward to return.

• 4th Nov 2015
  • Peru

Very nice place, the staff is great and responsive. I definitely recommend this hostel.

• 4th Nov 2015

Good location and nice staff. Communal area is spacious and the outdoor terrace is nice to chill. I stayed in the basement it was a bit stuffy though. Otherwise all good, a hostel to recommend.

View all Washington DC Hostels