Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

2092 Total Reviews

It is a very comfortable hostel. You can get free cofee and pancakes for berakfast. Staff is very helpful and kind, they will always try to help you out during your stay there.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Peru

very nice place, if I come back someday to DC i´ll definitely stay again on Duo Housing.

• 21st Apr 2014

Without a doubt, the best hostel in DC. The entire staff is most awesome, welcoming and hardworking. Michael, AZ, La Shawn, Pedro, Maureen and Lin are the best.

• 20th Apr 2014

Facilities were good and and the staff was really nice - I really enjoyed my stay there. BBQ Sunday night was awesome!

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

The staff was very helpful and friend. It's a great atmosphere where a person can meet people and make lifetime friends. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for great people to stay for a few days or even a night.

• 19th Apr 2014

Only thing about this hostel. you can't drink after 10 pm. and you cant eat in all the common areas. otherwise it's a bad ass place with chill staff. Sasha, the owner is cool as hell and hosts BBQ and other fun interactive stuff for travelers to do

Best place to stay if you visit Washington DC. The staff is very nice, the beds are confortable and the hostel has plenty of facilities. I would extremely recomend it.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

When going to Washington DC - this is the place to stay!

We had a great time. We liked that you had to remove your shoes- meant the floors were cleaner and made it feel like home. The free tea in the kitchen was a godsend and we loved spending a lazy afternoon on the rooftop lounging in the sunshine. We did find it difficult to have a place to put our bags in the dorm as we both had top bunks and it got very hot one night - the staff were good though and adjusted the temp for the next night.

I know that it's a cheap hostel, but I've never been in a room where beds lack of basic facilities (curtains, light, socket). Also the room was very noisy (steps in the ceiling, steps in the ladder, water running through the wall). Last but no least: my only usb cable disappeared while I was sleeping (luckily my charging mobile phone not)

The overall atmosphere was nice . Staff were very friendly. The only issue was bathrooms. There are 4 bathrooms for the whole place. And the showers are not easily accessible. You have to get to the ground floor to get a shower and you cant have a shower privately. The glass is kinda transperant, so if you are ashamed of getting naked infront of people bring your own swimming suit to have a shower

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Egypt

Few showers and bathrooms. The hostel has a pet (bulldog) inside. The common spaces are small. The bathrooms aren't clean enought. The luggage storage is a mess.

Really enjoyed my stay thanks to the warm staff and friendly people around. The place was neat and well maintained. I only spent a day, will be visiting again for a longer period.

Loved it! Lin was so nice and helpful and the free pancakes were great!

• 5th Apr 2014

The staff were great. Really friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the room was tiny and hot - nowhere to put my stuff and somewhat uncomfortable to sleep in. Still, if I went back to DC I would have no hesitation about staying at Duo again.

• 5th Apr 2014

The hostel was shabby, and in a grimy area, not much of a neighbourhood feel. The room I stayed in had no windows and became stuffy and dank when it was occupied and the heating was on. My watch was stolen while I slept and the staff weren't interested in helping me find my watch or report it to the police - they didn't want to acknowledge the possibility of a theft on their premises. The showers were clean. There were drunk, rowdy people playing drinking games in the dorms at 4am. Not great.

I highly recommend Duo housing for its reasonable price and close location to the center of DC. It's convenient to walk from the hostel to museums around National Park within 15 minutes. I love the easy and friendly atmosphere there. Staff are nice, rooms and beds are clean, and free pancakes are provided for breakfast!

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. It felt like staying at a friend's house.

• 4th Apr 2014

Everyone was very helpful, and friendly. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends.

• 4th Apr 2014

Very friendly staff, relatively good location (2 min walk from Bus Route 64; 7 min walk from Green Line metro), clean room. The only disadvantage would be you could be accommodated in the basement level cause there are two rooms there.

View all Washington DC Hostels