Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Extremely rude staff member! The girl working the front desk on Friday night, June 26, obnoxiously complained to me about accidentally wearing my shoes and then glared at me to make sure I took them off. She behaved extremely rudely over the phone and with a new customer, blaming them and acting stubborn, rather than being open and kind. In the morning, a staff member lectured me about my bed sheets rather than helping me with them. A guy was snoring all night. Very annoying.

Location was further than expected in a less than favourable suburb. Did not feel safe. Friends/guests were allowed which was not desirable. Will never choose mixed dorm again.

• 25th Jun 2015

Good hostel, great staff, perfect location. The amount of rules seemed a bit unnecessary - no shoes inside, no eating downstairs, no alcohol after 10pm, 10 minute showers etc. I would lighten up a bit on these, but otherwise, it's a decent place.

Awesome atmosphere, never seen something like this before and it's totally worth it.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Located in a nice area a short walk to the museums and monuments. The hostel itself was really nice and provided a really relaxed atmosphere. Its a great place to stay while checking out DC

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Was nice, the staff is very kind, and the location is very close to downtown

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Best bang for my buck, close to the attractions, and Pedro was great customer service and the guy has excellent suggestions for things to do, and is a walking American history book....really good information and highly recommend talking to him before you go out..... thanks Pedro for making my stay excellent

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff were not friendly at all. I've stayed at all different hostels during the past month traveling, and this is probably the worst. They didn't even look at me when I talked to them. When i asked them questions they just keep scrolling down on their Facebook. Didn't feel respected.

Good place to stay for a couple of days, but be prepared to sleep with earplugs as the house is old and you can hear noises, flushings, footsteps etc.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Clean and comfortable with a bohemian vibe and friendly staff.

• 18th Jun 2015

Everything was pretty good about this hostel with one exception. The TV was going in the common room and it killed any conversation. Everyone seemed glued to their phones and the TV. I've stayed at many hostels and this is the only one where a TV was in the main common room. Usually common rooms are places that encourages socializing and a t.v. doesn't. Other than that the place was clean, safe and good location.

I dropped my luggage off before the check-in time, and this went perfectly well. When I returned in the evening to finish checking in, I was only shown my room, and not the rest of the hostel. When I asked where things were, the chap seemed surprised that I wanted to know such things. Lights out was a bit confusing. The dorm lights were turned out at different times, and only on some nights, with no warning.

Welcoming and comfortable

• 17th Jun 2015

No air conditioning

• 17th Jun 2015

I stayed there for a week and was very happy with the atmosphere and the staff, who were very kind. There are some activities arranged during the week and it was easy to meet new people who travel here from around the world. Sometimes it was not so clean, but that depends on the other guests as well.

It's very clean and organised, pancakes are awesome. The location is good, but the it's a small city anyway. Enjoyed our stay

I spend just one night in the hostel and the experience wasn't good!! so crowded just puncakes for breakfast (plastic plates and a big bottle of cirup to share that's it). No maps of the city and and an horrible no shoes policy in the hostel. The stuff....they shoul more friendly.

The place was in a pretty good location, and not far from the metro, which was nice. The best part about the hostel was their customer service. I had to change our reservation about 3 times and they were always on the ball, and very quick to answer any questions or concerns.

• 9th Jun 2015

The room was dirty. The breakfast was Just some pankakes and nothing more (like coffe, Milk, bread...). You can't use your shoes inside, so you have to put your feet in the not so clean flor and in the bethroom... I can't belive Thatcher has such a good avaliable in hostel world

• 9th Jun 2015

2 bathrooms for 16 people and showers limited to 10 minutes... Kitchen adequate but lacking in room, AC not working and water drips from ceiling when toilet flushed.

• 6th Jun 2015