Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

DuoHousing DC has attentive staff, a variety of services, and the cleanest hostel accommodations I've ever encountered traveling. I highly recommend it.

• 11th May 2014

There is usually only one staff at the front desk handling all the check-in and check-out, which makes the waiting time quite long. Another major issue for the house is there is no laundry. Not much else to complain about.

• 10th May 2014
  • China

Staff here were great, couldn't have been more accommodating. Special shout out to Pedro who carried my beast of a bag up and down stairs and was a champ. I was only there for one night, wish I could have stayed longer, nothing to flash about the rooms or the bells and whistles (other than the great upstairs) but it was that awesome homey hostel vibe that can't be forced. The only thing I would say is the showers are confrontingly transparent but maybe I'm a prude. But yeh great place

• 10th May 2014

Good place, good atmosphere, very clean, all facilities, free wifi.

The experience was good, and the staff are very nice.

I spent some time in Duo during my recent visit to DC this month. I would score them excellent on all counts. It is well located, secure, close to everything and specifically the metro. Nice staff. They have a benign pet though! A dog! So you should be aware and I advised that you include some Dettol in your toiletries and clean up properly anytime you use the bathroom. It sounds like an advise for kids but sure it can save you lots of inconvenience.

• 4th May 2014
  • United Arab Emirates

The best hostal ever. You can visit all places by walk. Tip: rent a bike in the Capitol bikeshare

• 3rd May 2014

Thanks to the amazing staff, I've never felt more welcome. You guys do it right!

• 2nd May 2014

A really nice hostel with n ice atmosphere in a good location. Only the shoe-free policy was a little bit strange but definitely acceptable.

Very friendly staff.

• 1st May 2014

Excellent wifi and friendly staff. Great balance between having fun while letting people sleep. Only recommendation would be to put charging points inside the lockers. As always earplugs are useful. Hostel is about a 2km walk to the National Mall

Very friendly stuff and great atmosphere. It's clean and organized. The only thing: It's quite pricy for a hostel but I think Washington DC is in general more expensive than other areas in the US. You won't be disappointed though, I highly recommend Duo Housing! Also there's free pancakes every morning;)

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Great Staff, great family-atmosphere! Enjoyed my stay so much :)

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

I would highly recommend Duo Housing DC: - perfect location - clean - great staff, always up to go out with us and give us good advices to spend nice days in DC - several common rooms + the terrace to socialize with other guests.

• 28th Apr 2014

AMAZING HOTEL! The staff was very friendly, the location was great, and they even included a BBQ dinner one night! I would recommend this place to everyone going to DC!

We were waiting a bit more about this place. But it was good for the money we payed. The best part was the people we met and te staff were helpful and fun.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Bolivia

DUO was great! Very friendly staff. Super clean. The bathrooms and showers were always spotless. The area seemed safe. Can walk anywhere. Metro was about a ten minute walk away. Will definitely stay here again!!!

The first night we shared a 12 bed room. The room was spacious, the mattress and the pillow were great and the bedsheets felt like new. There was a bathroom inside the room that was also pretty convenient (besides the big shared bathroom). The second night we shared a 8 bed room. That was not that great. The mattress and pillow were in a so so to bad condition and the bedding was kind of old, almost feeling dirty. The big shared bathroom was great. Very clean and in good condition.

• 25th Apr 2014

My stay at the hostel was really good! I was a bit sceptical about staying in a 12 bed dorm and the beds were a bit squeaky but it worked out just fine with earplugs. The hostel itself is really home-y and nice! I totally loved the atmosphere! It was brilliant to go 'home' in the evening and hang out with the other people at the hostel in the soft couch and play Mario Cart and have a chat. Brilliant. One of the best hostels I've stayed at! And the staff was really helpful and nice :-)

Hands down one of the best hostels I have stayed at ever! From the awesome staff, the fantastic atmosphere, to the awesome location this place was just sensational!

View all Washington DC Hostels