Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

This is a good hostel in a central part of town. Close to trains, Federal Mall and very safe. The common areas are well planned and the wifi is strong. Bathrooms and rooms are clean and the staff are friendly and very helpfu. Thanks for a great stay.

Great vibe in the hostel, I was leaving late on the day of my checkout 10pm and got to use the same facilities just as I would if I was staying the night

Really nice hostel. Staff were very knowledgable and welcoming and the hostel had great areas to chill as well as drink! Would definitely recommend :)

This is the best Hostel I have ever tried.... I loved it!!!!!

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Iceland

AZ and Pedro, where does one begin? Duo Hostel exceeded my hopes in every way possible. I met wonderful people from all over, but mostly 'Straya, and had a great time every night on the deck or going out. They really do run a tight ship, and even though the first room smells like feet, it keeps the rest of the hostel clean and non-stinky. I was sad to leave after having watched classic Adam West-Era Batman with Pedro, and bickered with AZ over completely frivolous stuff to no end. -Jake/Cali

The owner Pedro made pancakes on the Sunday morning, just because he wanted to. Such a great vibe in this hostel!

Awesome place, 3 stories, nice breakfast, clean beds, free towels, staff super cool, nice guests to hang out with. I stayed for 1 day and actually came back a week after. Recommended

The hostel has an amazing atmosphere, so sociable it's easy to get distracted from the rest of the city. Pedro and AZ make you feel so welcome. One of the best I've been to.

The staff at the hostel were awesome!! Really knew a lot about DC and places to visit, and they made everyone feel included. I was planning the rest of my trip but the managers still talked to me and made me feel welcomed. Free pancakes for breakfast was a nice surprise. My first night I walked from the metro center but I suggest walking from the convention center which is half the distance. Would definitely stay here again if in DC.

The staff were lovely especially the two managers, location great, very good value for money, loved the free wifi and pancakes in the mornings. Would definitely stay here again

Great staff. Awesome stay. Thanks!

While the no-shoes policy seems like a good idea, the fact that everyone has to take their shoes off in the front room makes the front half of the building smell absolutely foul. Other than that, typical hostel experience; unfortunately I'm a light sleeper and a lot of people entered the room someone loudly in the wee hours of the morning. Not any room for luggage so you have to go down 2 flights of stairs to get to your stuff. I checked out after one night.

• 16th Jul 2014

Duo hostel was by far one ofthebest hostes I have stayed in. The rooms are spacious, clean andthe beds are very comfy. The kitchen, and chill areas are amazing! TV for anyone to watch and free computers! The staff were so friendly and helpful all the time, especially AZ and Pedro, always made sure I was okay and knew where I was going!! Would recommend Duo to friends. It was a fantastic hostel especially for a solo traveler!

• 16th Jul 2014

Comfy beds. Very close to metro and downtown. Free pancake were good for breakfast. Lockers for each bed. Nice deck areas. Not enough showers in the morning at times and they also have a stop on alcohol inside at 10 PM. Would stay here again for sure.

At first thought the rules where over the top but they actually work well. Staff a very helpfull and good for a chat. This hostel has a liquer store on one side and a supermarket on the other EXTREMELY handy. Walking distance to everything a bike rentals with in a couple hundred feet. Hostel is super social and friendly would stay here again no problem BBQ WAS AMAZING

Facilities were adequate to mediocre. Definitely not deserving of the many hostel awards that they brag of, nor the high rating on HostelWorld. Fine overall, but not as excellent as advertised.

• 15th Jul 2014

AMAZING HOSTEL! Staff were very friendly and insanely helpful. They gave us maps of the city and circled/highlighted all the tourist points/landmarks/bars etc. Rooms were very clean, super comfy and well kept! Would highly recommend to anyone passing through, as they said when we left 'You'll always have a home away from home here at Duo DC'

• 14th Jul 2014

Pretty good

The staff are amazing! The Sunday BBQ was great and the kitchen was a nice plus. I stayed in the 12 bed dorm and it was very large and clean. Overall I had a great experience and would highly recommend this hostel.

This was simply the best hostel I have stayed at. Free pancake breakfast everyday. Free BBQ on Sundays. Excellent staff, atmosphere is great. Everything is geared towards helping you interact with the other people that are staying at the hostel. It is good deal for the price and the location is about a 5 minute walk from the DC metro train line which can take you to all the attractions that DC has to offer. Would definitely stay again!

View all Washington DC Hostels