Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

I really enjoyed my stay. I didn't understand the no shoes policy.... However I appreciated that they enforced no sleeping in the common area. The shower water was only lukewarm. I would have preferred a hot shower

• 26th Apr 2015

Daily pancake breakfasts, Sunday barbecues, and nightlife outings were great fun, besides the convenience factor. I especially liked the chocolate chip pancakes, which I believe was A.Z.'s specialty. Excellent staff all-around. The bathrooms could be crowded at times, but I guess that's normal for a hostel. The rooftop patio was an ideal social facilitator.

Amazing time I had at this place, one of the best hostels I've ever been. Staff is awesome and the atmosphere is great.

Lots of fun. Would recommend

Great location with 5 mins away from the subway station, place has a 'homely' feel to it which is great. Extras such as an ironing board, hair dryer on top of the clean spacious kitchen area are greatly appreciated. Only issue with the hostel is the staff attending to you, they're not that friendly with an extremely insincere service attitude which makes you really uncomfortable. Lockers are not provided, though you need to enter a PIN code to enter the front door which was acceptable.

When we walked in, one of the first things was they gave us a list of rules to read. Then on the quick tour we were given even more rules. No drinking after 10 sucks. felt like I was in a school dormitory. Plus I had a slight flu that got much much worse cos I had to walk around without shoes all the the time. Can't remember the staffs guys name but he seriously looked bleak and created depressing atmosphere, esp during bfast after making the pancakes. The other staff were very cool though

This is a small hostel in a descent location, not far from Downtown. The hostel is fairly clean and secure. Beds were not very comfortable though. Hostel does not provide any activities or tours. If you want to meet people, it's mostly in the kitchen area at breakfast or dinner time. Also, this hostel has a lot of rules, for example, no open alcohol in the hostel after 10 pm. Staff was not exceptional, but at the same time was not horrible. I would consider another hostel next time.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay with you all. Loved the atmosphere, the great BBQ (give thanks to the chef for his hard work), the location and price are perfect. I lucked out having a 10 bedroom dorm with quiet (no major scorers & respectively quiet early risers) and helpful staff. Whilst the hostel was clean considering the amount of travellers coming and going, vacuuming under the beds hadn't been done in what looked like quite a while. The rooms smelled musty, maybe some carpet deodorizer. Cheers

• 24th Apr 2015

best hostel ever!!!!! I stayed for 2 weeks was the best time that I had in dc!!!! thank you so much for everything!!!!

The hostel is very good at what it does, provides you with a place to sleep and hang out after spending the day exploring DC. Super convenient, it's a five-minute walk from the Convention Center metro stop and located just north of the Chinatown neighborhood. The staff is friendly and they love to interact with their guests, especially over meals. The owner and manager is quite attentive to guests when he is on duty and he loves to show people around when it comes to the nightlife.

• 23rd Apr 2015

This was my first hostel stay - ever. I booked here because of the price and location. It's only about a 10-minute walk from the nearest Metro station. Seeing that it had great reviews and an excellent price, I made my reservation. I was pleased with the security, requiring a code to open entry doors. Staff and guests were all friendly. Facilities were all clean. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• 22nd Apr 2015

The dorms on the second level are dim and could be more brightly lit.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Solid hostel. Nothing special, but a good place to stay if you're stopping in DC.

Nice to see washinhton and nice to stay in duo hostel.

Lovely staff and guests. Clean bathrooms and nice overall vibe. Signs regarding fines for clogging toilet, noise complaints, et al seem a little much and overly harsh. Way too warm in room 1b., but awesome comforter on bed. Not a fan of "no shoe" policy and plastic runners everywhere.

• 21st Apr 2015

Unbelievably Greatest Experience, I stayed in deluxe brand new building, comfortable bed, Best location, supermarket in 2 minutes walk, laundry facility close by, FREE COFFEE and yummy Pancakes every day. Huge Barbecue dinner on Sundays. Amazing experience. I definitely wanna go back.

The hostel all in all was good, but the staff was present, but very disorganized. No one seemed to know what was going on and where anything was in the hostel. Most of them seemed to be more concerned with what was on the TV then what was going on around them. There was little to know hot water to shower and the main hostel smelled of dirty feet when you walked in. They require that you take off your shoes when you walk in, maybe just vacuum more and leave your shoes on.

• 19th Apr 2015

The house looks devastated. Recommend to not stay more than 2 nights. Charing a room with 11 others was horrible. Worst hostel I've ever stayed!

This Hostel has SO many rules, notices everywhere telling you if you dont obey the rules you will be fined, they might as well just say no fun! At check in, to sign you have read all the rules, it felt forced and wrong! At check in the automatically deducted money from my card (hostelworld deposit CC) without asking!! This is wrong!! Also the checkin counter makes you feel like you're in a police station Not enough bathrooms, you WILL have to wait 15mins in line in the morning & evening

• 17th Apr 2015

I really, really loved my time spent here. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the morning pancakes and Sunday night barbecue were delicious, and the fifteen-minute walk to the National Mall was priceless. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to any of my friends traveling to DC.

• 17th Apr 2015