Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

You guys should have some shampoo/soap in the showers??

• 4th Nov 2015

Decent value for money. No thrills but clean, staff are accommodating and an atmosphere conducive to resting up.

good location, 15 minute walk to the white house great facilities - well-maintained free breakfast and there are also free bbq every sunday night!

• 1st Nov 2015
  • Philippines

Of all the hostels in all the countries I have never been to one that was so good to the guest. Best services and consideration I have ever received! I especially like that all the great treatment was included in the price.

This was an amazing stay, the staff was awesome as well as the other guests. I felt at home the whole time and the staff was helpful with helping me get where I needed when I needed to. The value was amazing, offering Wifi and really good security. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to travel to D.C.

• 31st Oct 2015

This was the first time I ever stayed in a hostel and it was a wonderful experience! The staff was very helpful in guiding me through everything, and I definitely appreciated morning pancakes everyday! Something I would suggest however, if possible, consider having two staff members during check-in. I felt that around check-in times the staff was a bit overwhelmed with people. I loved how centric the location is as well as the facilities - easy to access the major sites in DC.

• 31st Oct 2015

I paid extra for a 4 person room but the bathroom was shared by thethe entire floor. I was listening to people pee and slam the door all night. There was no staff in the building i was in, and only one person working in the main building. Guests were loud until 3am. The room was so cramped that I had to keep my bag in my bed. I wouldn't find any of this too shocking if the hostel were cheaper... But it is quite expensive for a shared hostel room. Overall I would not recommend.

Great Atmosphere, with free BBQ's, costume contest on Halloween. The way it's set up allows it to be very social. Kitchen is well equipped. Staff is friendly. Good wifi, lots of fridge and shelf space for storage. A computer room with brand new computers. Only thing I wish they had was a hand towel in all the bathrooms to dry hands but not a big deal because they give out free towels anyway. Would 100% recommend and 100% stay again

I love the staff here! Thanks especially to Ben, Matthieu, ZB and everyone else! When I was staying here on Halloween they held a costume contest and the winner got a free night. The people were really cool and the bathrooms were insanely clean, much cleaner than most other hostels I've stayed in. Also the rooftop terrace is beautiful. Free pancake breakfast everyday!!! Definitely staying here again.

Not the most friendly staff I've experienced while at hostels but all up, a good stay with all basic needs catered for. There is one staff member, a shortish guy, in the mornings he stomps his feet so hard when he walks around and it is actually very loud downstairs... you might want to let him know.

Mixed feelings... we were staying in the second building, not in the main one, which seemed to be much cooler... +: clean, modern, breakfast (just pancakes though), wifi -: small dorms, 2 bathrooms for 4 rooms (32 people!) - and one of the 2 showers wasn't working when we arrived!; no extra lamps, just one light for the whole room, 2 beds with practical little cupboards, others without (pity...), no extra sockets - pretty stupid when sleeping in the upper bunk bed; no right 'hostel-feeling'...

I love it!!! The staff were very helpful all the time and the acomodation was grrat too. The location is excellent.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

Really happy with my stay here. The location was excellent, as were the staff, rooms and patio areas. The only small issue I found was that one of the shower taps in the men's bathroom was broken, meaning people had to use the other two and one of those had a clear glass panel instead of a frosted one at the side, meaning that from a certain angle it wasn't exactly private. But other than that the stay was fantastic, the staff were very friendly and accommodating and excellent cooks!

• 24th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel, good value for money, would definitely stay there again.

I stayed in the Annex so it was a bit quieter, which was nice (I have friends in the area so I was really just there to sleep), but it would have been even nicer if there was more than one bathroom per 8 people! Made getting ready in the morning a bit frustrating. Also would appreciate some single-gender room options.

Very friendly hostel...great place to stay

The staff were fantastic, keep up the great work guys!

Loved the FREE breakfast ( pancakes and coffee/tea ) really good atmosphere, very clean and the stuff are lovely! I'll definitely go back "innit" . Much love from London

Beds were a little close together but price was good.

• 20th Oct 2015

No problems at all during my stay, not too wild, just a good ol' time.

• 20th Oct 2015