Duo Housing DC Reviews

1902 Total Reviews

While I prefer a friendly reminder instead of threatening signs saying "we will charge you $100 if you don't do your dishes/$200 if you're loud etc." that can be seen in this hostel, I liked the location, the friendly staff, the breakfast and the free unimited towels. Organizing some events would be cool, though. Would stay again if I was with friends, but probably not alone.

Enjoyed my stay here but as other people have mentioned the place is a little short of toilets which can be a bit of a problem first thing in the morning. Also the shower arrangement is somewhat lacking in privacy/convenient places to hang your towel. Really nice atmosphere, the staff was super friendly and the weekly BBQ they were doing was delicious as was the morning breakfast. Despite a few minor issues would definitely stay there again.

very clean place to stay, I stayed for one night. I really like the atmosphere, it's more like your home with your friends. The staff is very friendly. I recommended it to one of my friends who will be visiting DC soon. If I visit DC again, I will stay there definitely.

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Egypt

Awesome community atmosphere; super-friendly staff, great socialising opportunity to meet up with other tourists. Would definitely stay there again.

• 17th Nov 2013

This hostel is perfect. the location is good. it is in washionton DC downtown. staff is really kind and Nice. you can get warmly welcomed and detail instruction of the hostel they have free wifi and two computers for free use. everything is tidy and clean. the environment is also good. they hold BBQ every Sunday evening for free. also they provide free breakfast. I feel really comfortable and secure during two days stay. if i come to DC again, i will definitely choose this again.

It felt like a real home and I was only staying there for one night!

• 16th Nov 2013

Safe, clean, friendly staff, good value

• 15th Nov 2013

Loved my time in the Duo Housing DC! Very warm atmosphere. Felt at home straight away. Most friendly staff I`ve ever met in a hostel! Loved you guys, thank you for the great stay in DC.

A wonderful place to stay in DC. The staff is fantastic! Always there to help you out or just chat with you. Felt really like home away from home. The BBQ on sundays is great - tasty and nice opportunity to socialise. Hugs and kisses to Nadia, Lin, La Shawn and Nick!

The staff was the most friendly staff that I have ever encountered. Always inquiring on how I was and what my plans were. The pancakes each morning was a blessing. I felt like I was ready to conquer the city and got each day to a great start. Can't say enough about how awesome the hostel was. And I've stayed in many hostels around the globe including Ecuador, China, India, and Canada.

The hostel lived up to its great reputation! The staff were all fantastic and gave me good advice on how best to spend my two days in DC (National portrait gallery was a brilliant suggestion!) Very social and homely atmosphere, I highly recommend it :)

I stayed 2 nights at Duo Housing DC and it was great. Excellent Location ( a few blocks from a metro Station), excellent value for money, the Staff is awesome!, they helped me a lot with everything I needed. It is safe to walk around. There is a Pancake breakfast every morning. I would definitely stay there again.

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Defiantly, needs a washer and dryer for guest. SUGGESTIONS: Needs a television on the third floor. Needs privacy curtains built along the shower area, right now the shower doors a clear which makes it uncomfortable. They should add a vending machine in their hostel or sell snacks.. Also some sort of beverage should be served with the breakfast that they offer. (Orange juice, apple juice or something.) The no shoe policy is not bad but the smell of some peoples feet is bothering.

• 12th Nov 2013

Good hostel ;)

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Norway

Perfect hostel, perfect atmosphere, perfect breakfast and barbecue on sunday!

• 8th Nov 2013

Excellent staff very vey friendly , managers are walking around so pretty good and if there's a problem they solve it really fast...clean good location and safe

• 7th Nov 2013

I had an amazing time at Duo! The staff were incredibly friendly and always had suggestions on places to eat, go out, or visit. There was always at least one person in the common area, but it wasn't uncommon to see multiple staff members spending time with guests. Everyone was incredibly friendly and welcoming and I could not recommend Duo highly enough!

• 7th Nov 2013

Great place to stay, the manager and the staff were amazing!

• 7th Nov 2013

Best hostel experience I have ever had. The staff was always friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere in the hostel was good with a lot of cool people from all over the world. Pancakes for breakfast and Sunday BBQ - nice! Two common rooms. Very clean. Great location with a grocery store and a liquor store next door.

There was no lift which was a problem for me since I had a large suitcase, and I personally think there weren't enough toilets. But otherwise it is very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

View all Washington DC Hostels