Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

I only stayed 1 night, but the staff were really friendly and the security was good. My only gripe was that the pillows are too hard. Other than that good place to stay.

I love this place and I will come back if I ever stay in DC again. The staff were so helpful and laidback. I made some really great friends with the other travelers. I was so sad to leave but I will keep in contact will all the people I met!

• 1st Mar 2015

This place has a good location, cool staff, and also provides a very good security for your belongings. However, the dorms are quiet small and rather unpleasant. Our room had no window and guess how the air was after 10 people (including 2 with cold and fever, sneezing like hell) had slept there for a night! At least to European standards, this was not worth 25$ a night but I've heard accomodation in DC is too expensive so it may all make sense.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Great place! Good location, walking distance to all main sites and metro stops. Literally next door to a supermarket. Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice pancakes in the morning. Good kitchen if you want to cook. Would definitely stay again!

A good good staff and place.

I was thrilled with my experience at Duo Housing. The staff was nice, and the hostel itself was clean and in good condition. I could not have chosen a better place for my stay!

• 22nd Feb 2015

Everyone was very friendly:)

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

had a nice stay at duo, the dorms were cramped but clean, and the lounge area on the top floor was great. The best part about it was definitely the location though, we walked to the smithsonian in under 20 minutes.

The Staff at Duo were fantastic--upbeat, energetic, and very helpful. I was very impressed with how clean everything was my first night, but the second morning the bathrooms were a little dirty--no big deal though. All the conveniences were there and ready as expected: clean towels and linens were easy to access, yummy pancakes in the morning, and computers if needed. I saw folks enforcing the "third floor only" food rule, which seemed like a great idea to me! Thanks for a lovely stay!

• 20th Feb 2015

Duo housing is my best hostel so far! The staff is really friendly, the place is cozy and familiar. Close to National Mall and some stores, clean and nice. Me encanto. Se respira un ambiente muy acogedor y amistoso. El personal es simpatico y anuente siempre a ayudar. 100% recomendado.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Costa Rica

its a nice place, with nice people ! there was a guy with some problems with me, and the staff, proceeded in the best way they could , providing welfare and security . Really nice people around ! a nice place to stay !

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

Great staff, clean, safe, good times!

Well located between national mall and U street. Helpful staff.

A very nice place to stay. Confortable, nice people, warm atmosphere. I would definitely recomend this hostel for a group of young persons.

• 15th Feb 2015

I had a great stay at Duo. It's in good walking distance to all you need (the national mall, laundry, grog, supermarket). The staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

This was an amazing experience!

• 13th Feb 2015

A number of things were broken, such as outlets. The bathrooms really could use a shelf or something to put ones toiletries, and the showers need hooks or towel bars. Also, the middle mens shower had exposed glass making it possible to be seen from outside the stall. The place was clean overall and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The Staff is pretty friendly!

Staying at the Duo Housing was a good experience, everyone is friendly and the place is very tidy. They have outdoor areas, a living room and anyways a lot of space inside.

My third stay at Duo in DC. I moved to the city to find a job and a home. Duo and its great staff, including the owner, were a huge support by being hospitable and helpful during my stay. The atmosphere at Duo is excellent and because of that I had the chance to meet a group of interesting professionals with the same goals, among them, my current house mate! Thanks a lot Duo!

View all Washington DC Hostels