Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Nice place, seems to be an old converted house. Friendly staff and organise lots of events. But must say that the place is kinda run like a prison. Never had so many rules emailed prior arrival, given on check in and your even made sign a waiver. Never experienced this at a hostel before and it is a little to much in my opinion.

Everyone was very friendly, and the accommodations were better then I anticipated. Looking forward to staying there again in the future!

Great hostel, lots of young and interesting people, staff very helpful, great rooftop!

I think this hostel is the best of ever. Especially, BBQ party was the so good for me. I had a time to make friends, and also foods were so delicious. Managers were very kind and funny, and there were many shower facilities.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Good staff. Good location. ^^

If possible, it would be great to have laundry facilities in the future.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great hostel. Some silly rules, like no drinking past 10pm, but great atmosphere and great staff!! Pedro and AZ are great and super nice with everybody and I had an amazing time during my time there!

Best hostel experience, thanks to the amazing staff that made it possible with their attitudes and friendliness!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Place was really good. Staff was really friendly. Really short walk to the green/yellow metro line. Their no shoe policy is kind of annoying but it makes sense. A whole lot of friendly people staying there though. I recommend staying there.

• 2nd Jul 2014

This hostel was an amazing place to stay for the July 4th festivities! Staff members Pedro and AZ run the place well and give the place a fun vibe. Pancakes in the morning are a nice touch, and we were spoiled with a July 4th bbq on the rooftop deck! Awesome time. The place has two keypad locked doors as well as lockable cabinets to secure belongings, so security is a non-issue. Showers always had hot water too. Great hostel in a great location!

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is clean, well-equipped and the staff are quite helpful. DC is easily walkable from here too.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Feels like home but with more cool people to hang out with.

The only really negative thing I could say about this place was that the bunk I was in was squeaky. Like, really squeaky. Like, every time I shifted my weight in bed (I was on the top) it shrieked. It didn't particularly bother me, but I imagine it was probably annoying to the others in the room. It really probably just needed a shot of WD-40. Otherwise, an excellent space!

• 30th Jun 2014

Sunday night bbq ~ great way to meet new people and save a few bucks. Fairly central to everything, not just touristy places. Staff and security are superb.

• 28th Jun 2014

Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Sociable people staying here and had a good time. A 30 minute walk to the Smithsonian and other tourist attractions. Really liked DC and would stay at this hostel again.

Clean under the beds especially in the basement

Pedro and AZ, thanks guys for the good times and the wonderfull wafels .Beds could be connected to the wall for less shaking at night. The free BBQ was delicious guys! Greetings from Holland

• 25th Jun 2014

I loved my stay at duo mostly because of the people the staff and residents were so friendly and inviting. It was a real family atmosphere. Everyone was super cool amd down to earth. The beds were soft and comfortable and the blankets were warm. I slept good. I hated to get up in the morning. Lol. I like the co-op mix and the diversity of wonderful nationalities. I enjoyed my stay. It was my first time booking and staying at a hostel, but it wont be the last thanks to such a great experience.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Panama

Great example of a hostel. Helpful and friendly staff, nice place for both bedrooms and communal space. Very sociable feeling in the hostel so a great place to meet people. Pretty close to the action in Washington, somewhere between the sights in the centre and the more culturally interesting area around U street & 14th St. Would definitely choose this place again and recommend to others.

The staff tries very hard, but it's just not a very good building. It is much inferior to the Hosteling International facitlity 2 blocks away where I stayed earlier in the week. I would never return to DUO unless there was just nothing else available. Threadbare towels. Hot room with no fan or adequate air conditioning. No top sheet, just a duvet, which was too hot.

• 22nd Jun 2014