Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

The hostel is very good at what it does, provides you with a place to sleep and hang out after spending the day exploring DC. Super convenient, it's a five-minute walk from the Convention Center metro stop and located just north of the Chinatown neighborhood. The staff is friendly and they love to interact with their guests, especially over meals. The owner and manager is quite attentive to guests when he is on duty and he loves to show people around when it comes to the nightlife.

• 23rd Apr 2015

This was my first hostel stay - ever. I booked here because of the price and location. It's only about a 10-minute walk from the nearest Metro station. Seeing that it had great reviews and an excellent price, I made my reservation. I was pleased with the security, requiring a code to open entry doors. Staff and guests were all friendly. Facilities were all clean. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• 22nd Apr 2015

The dorms on the second level are dim and could be more brightly lit.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Solid hostel. Nothing special, but a good place to stay if you're stopping in DC.

Nice to see washinhton and nice to stay in duo hostel.

Lovely staff and guests. Clean bathrooms and nice overall vibe. Signs regarding fines for clogging toilet, noise complaints, et al seem a little much and overly harsh. Way too warm in room 1b., but awesome comforter on bed. Not a fan of "no shoe" policy and plastic runners everywhere.

• 21st Apr 2015

Unbelievably Greatest Experience, I stayed in deluxe brand new building, comfortable bed, Best location, supermarket in 2 minutes walk, laundry facility close by, FREE COFFEE and yummy Pancakes every day. Huge Barbecue dinner on Sundays. Amazing experience. I definitely wanna go back.

The hostel all in all was good, but the staff was present, but very disorganized. No one seemed to know what was going on and where anything was in the hostel. Most of them seemed to be more concerned with what was on the TV then what was going on around them. There was little to know hot water to shower and the main hostel smelled of dirty feet when you walked in. They require that you take off your shoes when you walk in, maybe just vacuum more and leave your shoes on.

• 19th Apr 2015

The house looks devastated. Recommend to not stay more than 2 nights. Charing a room with 11 others was horrible. Worst hostel I've ever stayed!

This Hostel has SO many rules, notices everywhere telling you if you dont obey the rules you will be fined, they might as well just say no fun! At check in, to sign you have read all the rules, it felt forced and wrong! At check in the automatically deducted money from my card (hostelworld deposit CC) without asking!! This is wrong!! Also the checkin counter makes you feel like you're in a police station Not enough bathrooms, you WILL have to wait 15mins in line in the morning & evening

• 17th Apr 2015

I really, really loved my time spent here. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the morning pancakes and Sunday night barbecue were delicious, and the fifteen-minute walk to the National Mall was priceless. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to any of my friends traveling to DC.

• 17th Apr 2015

My stay was great. No complaints!

• 17th Apr 2015

I gave it an average location in terms of location because the location is a bit more quiet and not perfect for those who might want to be super close to parties... But yet it was perfect for me :) thank you duo Housing

The linen is rough for my skin.

This is first experience with booking a hostel. I selected duo housinghousing based on reviews in hostel world and it lived up to my expectations. This hostel isisconveniently located for exploring the city. The staff areare friendly and helpful. The hostel is very neat and has a vibrant atmosphere. The morningmorning pancakes are awesome. Would definitely here again!

• 13th Apr 2015
  • India

There's not good smell in 12 bed room sometime.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

I had a great time at Duo! The staff are so friendly, the house is clean and relaxed, and it's a great place to meet people. Great hostel, I'll definitely stay again whenever I come to D.C.!

If you are in DC you should definetly stay at Duo Housing. They make sure you have a good time! At sundays they even throw a bbq with beer, I had a great time staying there for two nights.

I like this place a lot, but it was horrendously overpriced. I understand it is cherry blossom season, but $50 for a bunk bed? With limited bathrooms, a new building that is unfinished? Unbelievable. Even when I went the last time the price seemed quite high. That said, the staff are great, the beds comfortable, and an excellent location.

Massively overpriced. Few bathrooms. Second building not completed. Nice staff, clean and comfortable beds, good common areas, very close to the sites.

View all Washington DC Hostels