Duo Housing DC Reviews

Amazing staff, very good location, close to white house, bus stop and metro. Also Liquour store and supermarket near. We loved the free pancakes every morning. we could not enjoy the free barbaque on Sunday but Im sure it should be excellent too. Feel as home in a very familiar hostel, with nice common areas with TV or computer, good WiFi, nice bathroom and confortable beds. Definately the place to stay if you are in Washington, best value for your money. Thank you all!! Excelente!!

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Spain

One of the best hostels i've ever been in. Very good atmosphere, everyone is super friendly and relaxed. Great staff. Cheers!

Friendly, helpful staff plus a hilarious bulldog named Popeye made my stay in DC so fun I missed my flight back home. I'll definitely stay there again on my next visit to DC.

• 30th Oct 2013

This is a perfect place for someone that doesn't expect more than what hostels should offer. Very friendly and helpful staff! Great location! (+free pancakes for breakfast) Thanks!

I had a nice stay at Duo Housing. The staff is friendly and helpful. I had lost my mobile charging cable earlier somewhere and the staff was kind enough to offer one from their lost and found box. Dominos Pizza is about 10 min walk and I could pick up a pizza for dinner from there and eat in hostel kitchen. The morning pancakes in kitchen offer a good opportunity to interact with other travellers.

A great hostel!!! - Central location. - The atmosphere is very good because the (free) morning pancakes and the (free) Sunday evening barbecue on the roof terrace encourage people to talk. - The staff are friendly, dynamic and genuinely interested in their guests. The manager, AZ, is a professional dancer and a cultured man who speaks perfect French, Spanish, and some Japanese. Marvin, Cheyenne, Nadia & Co will also take good care of you and make you feel at home. Thumbs up! +++++ Hassan

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

All of the facilities were more than livable, and the entire staff was nothing but friendly and helpful.

• 26th Oct 2013

I am the type who wants to be left alone by staff. So, while I appreciate their warmth and chattiness it is not necessary for me. They could afford to be a bit less chatty.

• 26th Oct 2013

Great staff, they almost planned our trip when we arrived there!

• 26th Oct 2013

I would stay there again when I visit DC again!

I only be there for three nights, but the people from the hostel, staff and guests made me feel like home. I Will definitely go back someday.

Very friendly staff, clean facilities, cheap, well-located. Internet was a bit slow and there certainly isn't any napping during the day unless you don't mind sun-bright lights and talking, but aside from that, it was ideal.

• 24th Oct 2013

The only thing that was troublesome was the check-in timeframe. There were still people coming in at 1 am to check-in and the staff would give them a tour of the hostel and walk into the bedroom to give them bed assignments while everyone was trying to sleep. There should be a check-in window of time, or at least a better way to show them their bed space without having a conversation about it right next to people trying to sleep.

I had a wonderful time here! Thank you!

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • Ecuador

It was a a bright, welcoming space where traveler actually had opportunities to meet new people. Great perks like pancake breakfast and a Sunday evening BBQ (it was delicious). The place is clean and has dorm-like shower facilities. If you're looking for a place that has a community-type feel and enjoy meeting new ppl, this is it. I appreciated that they actually enforce their policies and run a tight ship. The staff members were professional, knowledgeable, and just all around good people.

The friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever seen in a hostel, good location for all of DC's sights. Quiet hostel maybe due to the abstract rules, no shoes, no opening windows and fines for being noisy or breaking rules. Overall a good hostel to take in DC's major attractions and have a quiet relaxing time.

perfect place for DC, best personnel!

Best Hostel in the USA! Most friendliest staff ever! Loved them all! They create such a warm and social environment for all travellers and the facilities and location is first class! Arrive Sundays you will be treated to an awesome BBQ from there 5 star chef who lives onsite! Only place to stay in DC!

The management was great. Free bbq on the sunday and free pancakes in the morning were fab too. Really friendly managers, shocked they were new to dc but doing a great job. The no shoes policy paid off too, super clean and very cosey.

Nice hostel, the location is not perfect but could be a lot worse. The staff is excellent, warm and friendly people.

View all Washington DC Hostels