Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Really nice staffs and parties once a week. Whitehall, monuments and Smithonian museums are just 15 minutes walk.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Great place staff were amazing and location is perfect 10min walk to white house/ Smithsonian etc and 10minutes to the U street bar area, only downside you can't drink at the hostel after 10pm but with the bars a short walk away its not to bad

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • gbrewer8050

Weird "No Shoes" policy inside the hostel. Showers and bathroom are good. Room doors are open even during the night and can't be locked. Nice lockers insider each rooms, anyway. There's a nice rooftop for breakfast and hanging out. Generally, there's a friendly and juvenile mood, which many would appreciate(I did not, at all, but many would). Staff is friendly, but the guy at the reception was everything but nice.

I loved that breakfast!

Efficient, friendly, good breakfast. Love the no shoes rule; everything very clean and tidy. Price is good value. Thank you.

the guy at the recpetion wasn't really nice. didn't even say hello but started with "take your shoes off". wasn't only me who was greeted this way. there's a locker, but you have to bring your own lock. shower's were cleanish, not too bad but not as good as expected. however, the rooftop was nice and the other guys staying at the hostel were good fun!

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Austria

The staff was friendly and very courteous and professional. Made me to feel welcome. Upon my arrival, I was engaged and registered in by the staff members. We discussed the facility protocols. Was given a tour of the hostel. Share a list of Duo. The environment and atomsphere was very calming and relaxed. Excellent place to spend time when in DC .

• 30th Jul 2014
  • colemanocc7074

Really good atmosphere, and the Staff was just super-great. I mean, after 2 weeks there they were practically friends of mine while managing to run the hostel smoothly. Kudos to the Staff !

• 29th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed the pancake breakfast and I think their concept of not having locks on the room doors is really nice! If you're worried about security, there are lockers available, but as usual bring you have to bring your own lock. The only thing, I found a little weird was that guests cannot wear shoes inside the building...

The rules were a little too strict. But well, no big deal. Enjoyed my stay. Was cheap and that's all I cared about.

• 28th Jul 2014

The hostel was full of people sleeping during the middle of the day, there wasn't a very sociable atmosphere.

• 26th Jul 2014

I will certainly stay here again, but a few words to the wise: look everything up that you have!!

• 25th Jul 2014

I've never stayed at the hostel that charge the whole reservation before traveler even arrived. It seems like you guys got the money already and other thing is just you don't care at all. I really don't know what's wrong with your management because it seems like I'm not the only one that you cancel the reservation. I heard someone complaining her bed was also canceled during my stay. Charge me twice and get the refund?! It really pissed me off. Also, staffs except Pedro, unfriendly and useless.

Awesome place to stay. The staff A-zee, Pedro, Rosemary are great hosts. Lovely people around. Its a home away from home

• 24th Jul 2014
  • India

popeye > pedro > az

One of the best hostel experiences I have ever had!

It was clean and tidy. Staff on the whole were helpful and polite. Sheets were clean, but as with other hostels I've stayed in, the mattresses could do to be aired once in a while - pretty certain I was bitten by bedmites. That was the only real downer staying here.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

This is a good hostel in a central part of town. Close to trains, Federal Mall and very safe. The common areas are well planned and the wifi is strong. Bathrooms and rooms are clean and the staff are friendly and very helpfu. Thanks for a great stay.

Great vibe in the hostel, I was leaving late on the day of my checkout 10pm and got to use the same facilities just as I would if I was staying the night

Really nice hostel. Staff were very knowledgable and welcoming and the hostel had great areas to chill as well as drink! Would definitely recommend :)

View all Washington DC Hostels