Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Clean and comfort hostel but atmosphere is not really hot

The location was great and the staff were very nice, but there were some problems with facilities. The handle on the toilet was broken for several days, then there was no toilet paper. Kitchen didn't have napkins, paper towels, or pot holders. There was rotten food in the fridge, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. There were 12 people sharing 1 bathroom, which made for a very long wait to use the shower.

If you're doing the touristy stuff then no better location than this hostel, 10-15 min walk to White House and a little further to the Mall etc. Rooms a little cramped and towels available about 6pm every day if you get in quick (they always seemed to be gone by late evening). General warning: we found (midweek) virtually no bars / restaurants are open in this district past 10pm (amazingly?!); if we went again we would 100% find a place in Georgetown (fun late night college / student district)

Loved the one night stay. Wfi was spotty. Free pancakes made up for it completely.

• 12th May 2015

Duo Hostel was an easy and fairly comfortable place to stay for a few days in Washington, DC.An easy five-minute walk to the Metro, Duo was nicely located in a very interesting residential neighborhood of row houses and small apartment buildings. The staff were really helpful with requests and tips for places to go in the city. It felt safe and secure. I didn't spend much time there, except to sleep and wash up. I was in the basement, which was average. A bit stuffy but comfortable enough.

• 10th May 2015

Fantastic location easy to get anywhere notable, great staff, I could tell they really made an effort. Really clean, I felt dirty. However The bathrooms need better fans and my room was too hot. I would use duohousing again

Very helpful and well informed staff. Always ready to help a guest.

• 10th May 2015

Really friendly, great location, definitely staying here again

• 6th May 2015

This is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, hostel experiences I have ever had! First a special shout out to the staff, who went above and beyond to make it a special trip and make sure you are having fun and well taken care of! Special shout out to AZ, Marvin, and Pedro, among others. There is a very special atmosphere at this place and encourages the meeting of new people and making new friends. It also has an amazing location in the heart of DC, walking distance of everything!

The staff here are incredible and are so willing to help you in anyway. Great location; super market 2 doors away and a short 15 minute walk into the CBD. Highlight is pancakes email every morning and free Sunday BBQ. Thanks Duo Housing!

• 4th May 2015

Awesome, I recommend !

Superb hostel. Sociable, excellent kitchen facilities and very close to The Mall. Staff extremely friendly and layout makes for very social atmosphere. Roof terrace and BBQ on the Sunday was a big plus. Supermarket, liquor store and laundrette essentially next to the hostel.

Perfect location and security! The staff is very kind. Really worth the money.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • China

The beds were very uncomfortable! The matrasses seem to very old.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Good staff, always in a good mood ! Good place not so far from most of monuments by walking and secure. It's clean and everyone was really friendly in the Hostel ! I recommend.

this is nachoo the mexican !!!! haha best time ever!!!

Great Hostel, very clean as promised, the staff was always nice. The pancakes were excellent.

I really enjoyed my stay. I didn't understand the no shoes policy.... However I appreciated that they enforced no sleeping in the common area. The shower water was only lukewarm. I would have preferred a hot shower

• 26th Apr 2015

Daily pancake breakfasts, Sunday barbecues, and nightlife outings were great fun, besides the convenience factor. I especially liked the chocolate chip pancakes, which I believe was A.Z.'s specialty. Excellent staff all-around. The bathrooms could be crowded at times, but I guess that's normal for a hostel. The rooftop patio was an ideal social facilitator.

Amazing time I had at this place, one of the best hostels I've ever been. Staff is awesome and the atmosphere is great.

View all Washington DC Hostels