Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Very mixed feelings about this hostel. Good location good value for money. But something's missing

I stayed in the boutique dorm and it was more than I could have hoped for! In addition, the location of the hostel was ideal and located in an area that was central to almost everything. I woild and have definitely recommended to others.

• 5th Oct 2015

The Sunday bar-b was really nice. People were friendly. The guy who checked me in put me off a little as I felt like I was being recruited, rather than on holiday!

I stayed here for 2 nights, it was a 12 people mixed room. The staffs are really nice, bathroom is clean. I slept on the upper bunk bed, it's quite inconvenient due to I can't charge my phone up there. It takes about 5 mins to get to the nearest metro. Everything is good staying there overall.

The staff in Duo were excellent-particularly when I left my phone behind me-they organised for it to be safely returned to me and I can't thank them enough for this. They were extremely approachable and helpful with tips on where to go/places to eat etc.

• 29th Sep 2015

It was a really good experience. The staff were really helpful and the breakfast was really good as well. I only stayed one night in DC but I enjoyed my short time there.

Nice hostel, good position and kind stuff! Perfect for a short stay!

This was my first time staying at a hostel, and it was a great experience. I enjoyed the Sunday night bbq.

• 26th Sep 2015

Some of the staff looked really tired and not very friendly. Hostel is great, the only thing I found it was missing was a ping pong table or some other amenities.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Duo was awesome and definitely made a good trip great!

Lovely place to stay largely due to the friendliness of staff and the other guests. I would definitely stay here again. But be warned, lots of people packed into small rooms makes it very cosy, especially when some bring loads of luggage. But these are all minor things in a great value place to stay which is well located and such fun. Had an awesome time and would recommend it.

Clean, great staff, well situated, not expensive, what else? Nice outdoor terrasses, kitchen and lobby to hang out and meet people. I'll definitely go back there next time I go to DC!

This hostel is nice, especially because of some Serbian peoples who work here and hip-hop dancer who will recognize himself!

Duo house is the best place to stay for the money. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I have gone back twice and will highly recommend the hostel to any traveler

It was okay. Definitely not a great place but for what is available in DC it is okay. Check in was very mechanical and not welcoming after many hours of travel and flight. Instead of a hello I was asked "how did you get in?" I said I walked in, the door was open. What a welcome.

Two drunk girls in the dorm turned at 3 o clock the light on..nobody could really sleep. Staff was super friendly. Thank you

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Austria

Rooms are a little crowded but the overall atmosphere is good. The staff are very friendly and the pancake breakfast is always nice! It's located fairly close to the Mall and all the main sites and the area at night feels safe enough to walk back through.

Only real problem I had was it's on a street where the trucks start going past pretty early in the morning (if you're in a dorm room facing the street, it makes it pretty hard to get a good nights sleep). Overall though, still a thumbs up from me all round :)

I stayed at DUO housing for almost 2 weeks and I really felt sad leaving! It was easily one of the best hostel experiences I have had and I would recommend it to anyone. I was starting my internship in DC and for being nervous in a new big city DUO really outdid themselves and made me feel at home! It is a great place to meet people. It is a short walk to the metro area! Everything is walking distance from there as well. I would give 3 thumbs up if I had an extra thumb, but def 2 thumbs up!

• 19th Sep 2015

It is The best hostel I have ever seen.

View all Washington DC Hostels