Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

It was very obvious that, during hostel outings, the staff tries to get female guests drunk with several "free for women" shots/drinks and attempt to get involved with them afterwards.

My 1st time in a hostel in 10+ years, and I loved it. Most guests are in their '20s from around the world, and the environment is relaxed and welcoming. My brother and I stayed for 3 nights this week in a co-ed, minimalist room with 12 bunks. It was a great deal for the location (7 min walk to Mt Vernon Sq metro), amenities (wi-fi, linens/towels, AM coffee & pancakes-Julie makes the best, large TV good for World Cup), and friendly staff. Thx Julie, AZ, Maureen, Shawn, & Pedro! ~Chitown Tammy

• 18th Jun 2014

I like the idea that no one wears shoes in the hostel and the manager tell us to stay there and make myself at home. I really like that. it is the clean place and I don't know why, but I feel like I was home there. I feel safe and have privacy.

I took two showers but I didn't sleep in the bed. I went couch surfing with a friend. They seem nice.

Omar is cool.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Poland

I had a wonderful time at Duo Housing DC! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the facility was clean with a comfortable environment. I had a very positive experience here and will definitely be recommending this hostel to my friends!

• 16th Jun 2014

They force you to take off your shoes so they have to do less cleaning, got drinking curview at 22, they just take the amoint of money off your creditcard without your aprovel!!! No signing, No receipt they just send you a made up mail with How much money they charged... Pretty sure thats illegal!

It was a great experience to have stayed at Duo Housing DC, and I am so glad I decided to stay there. The staff was friendly and great, easily relatable and felt as if it was merely a gathering of friends instead of strangers. Shout out to Deshawn for taking time to get to know us as well!

• Mexico

The Staff were amazing! My first stay in a hostel. What a great value?!

• 16th Jun 2014

I would stay here again next time I'm in DC! The staff was friendly, welcoming, approachable, and knowledgeable of the city. Let's see, AZ and Pedro were really nice... Deshawn was the one who gave us the grand tour and made everyone pancakes the first morning we were there! He was really nice and funny, definitely played a big part of setting the friendly atmosphere there. Showers = clean and nice, bed = comfy, parking deck = ~10min walk, main part of DC = ~20min walk. Love the money tree!

Very friendly staff. The free barbecues organized by the staff on Sundays are a great opportunity to meet other guests. Rooms are very large.

Staff was very helpful in getting around town and advice on things to do. Also, pancakes every morning was very appreciated.

• 14th Jun 2014

Very warm, helpful and welcoming staff. The nice living room and the no-shoes-in-the-house rule made us really feel at home. Roof-top patio, pancakes, coffee and tea in the morning included, watching the World Cup games with the other travellers - perfect!

• 14th Jun 2014

Love this place! Friendly people and nice environment.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • China

Amazing hostel, one of the best I've stayed in. Staff were extremely friendly, you had to take off your shoes and the staff cleaned out the beds every morning, so it was clean. It's located not too far from the metro station, and if you walk to the National Mall it's not too far as well. There's alot of bars and restaurants a block away. Also, the fluffy pancakes for breakfast are great.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I absolutely loved staying at this youth hostel. Not only were the staff kind and outgoing, the others in the hostel were pretty energetic and cool to meet. I would recommend this place to anybody to stay at for a couple of days in DC. Oh, and if you need tips on where to go out at night or what to do, don't hesitate to call ;)

• 12th Jun 2014

The staff was amazing, incredibly friendly and really was able to create a sense of community among us disparate travelers in a short amount of time!

• 10th Jun 2014

Fun hostel in a good location. Bit lacking on toilets and having six bunk beds tied together meant very little and very interrupted sleeping, but the staff are lovely and helpful.

It was like my home. At least I felt like that. The best hostel I've ever stayed. Location is quite good. Staff is also very friendly. Don't hesitate and stay here.

Realy good Hostel with friendly staff and friendly athmosphere.I liked the big living room. felt like @ home.

View all Washington DC Hostels