Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

A very small but very pleasantly clean hostel with friendly staff, location is also ideal close to Metro (4 blocks away). I would like to suggest: please consider reduce the bed count in each room, 10 pax in a very small rooms is considered too packed for me, imagine the heat builds up during night time and everyone is inhaling the same CO2, most can't get a good sleep due to this. The different rate for weekend is something you might need to reconsider.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Loved this hostel! The towel availability - seriously amazing. I realized on the flight I forgot a towel and was hoping they were the type of hostel I could rent one from. Then when I asked and basically got (nicely) laughed at because of the towels available, I was in heaven. I know it's a small thing, but it's those kind of things that make a hostel experience great! Loved the staff too - anyone who makes me laugh is amazing in my books :)

This hostel is the greatest i've ever been to. The staff there is like family. You feel very comfortable with everyone. They are helping you with specific locations in the city. Also the pancakes every morning was perfect start for me. On top of that you have a big BBQ with the whole team together. I was in a lot of hostel already, never felt like that. So good job to Pedro, AZ, La Shawn and all the other people. Keep up the good work.

While there was nothing really wrong with Duo, I just didn't love it. The free pancakes were great and the location is good, the staff were friendly enough, but it just didn't grab me. Having said that I only stayed one night. Maybe it could have grown on me over time.

Have stayed at other hostels in the area. This one is the best by far.

My second stay here and it was better than the first. There isnt much bad to say about Duo. They do need towel bars and shelves in the bathrooms and showers. When you need to do stuff in the bathroom, there is nowhere to put stuff down. If you dont want to walk around the shower room naked, you are basically SOL.

I like the stay. It was good. Just wish the internet connection wouldn't keep cutting out. But I had a good stay and will come again next year.

• 13th Feb 2014

What really annoyed is that THEY DON'T ACCEPT CASH, ONLY CARD! I'd never seen anything like that, cash is the most liquid form of payment! Luckily I had a debit card, otherwise they wouldn't check me in. In the end I had to extend my stay one more night, it would be charged again from my card. But for some reason the transaction failed, THEY WOKE ME UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO PRESENT ANOTHER CARD, what woudn't have happened if they accepted cash, as everyone does. I do not recommend them.

• 11th Feb 2014

Great stay, fantastic and enjoyable people that work here who are more than willing to help. Clean hostel with pretty good location. Top few days

The hostel was awesome and the staff was so kind to me or in other words my stay was amazing!

• 10th Feb 2014

very friendly staff, easy place to find. beds are comfy and i would stay here on my next trip to DC

The hostel was really clean, even on the days it was full. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The location was a great spot between muesums and places to go in the evening.

Good hostel, enjoyed my stay. Has everything you need, lovely staff and pretty good location.

it is very clean.you have take off your shoes before getting into the room.

Really clean hostel with some of the friendliest staff I've met, always down for a chat or a hangout. The common area is a great place to hang out and meet people.

• 4th Feb 2014

I would really like to come back again

• 1st Feb 2014
  • China

Really cool place to stay, for a day as for a whole week or more The staff is rly cool

Way too hot in the bedrooms, bunk beds were shaky and cheap.

• 31st Jan 2014

I stayed in DC for two months, and the nine days I spent in the hostel were definitely my favorite part of the trip! The staff was always friendly and available. I loved coming home to friendly staff and residents I could chill with. They had metro maps and sightseeing maps. They had great suggestions on where to go and what to do. There are a couple restaurants that I could get discounts at just because I was staying at Duo. They even offered one of the residents help finding permanent housing.

• 30th Jan 2014

If you need a Chess and friendly place to stay in DC, this is your best choice. Staff was very friendly and free pancakes and coffee in the morning makes this an awesome deal. Cons: sometimes it smells a little, when all the backpackers have to take off their shoes before entering. Don't expect privacy - it's a dorm.

• 29th Jan 2014