Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Great place to stay, staff are awesome as they hang out with you in the common area. They aren't just nameless reception people. Would stay again for sure.

Great hostel! The staff is super friendly and it is in walkable distance to the most important sights and museums!

• 3rd Jan 2015

Asking you to take off your shoes is weird. I was not expecting that and it is uncomfortable, like to go to the restroom was really disgusting.

Kitchen has everything you need! Staff very helpful and friendly.

I Totally reccomend it! Hot cakes at morning are delicious

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel is simply a second home of friends. Everyone was very kind and our stay was simply amazing recommend.

• 31st Dec 2014

This is an excellent hostel to see dc. Most Utilities are in place and warm cozy common areas. Just the location seems to be a bit off but not seriously far away from anything. Else everything seems spot on. :-)

The only concern of the managers is to make sure you have a wonderful staying and have great time no matter how many days your staying in! Love the city love the people!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

The staff at the hostel is amazing! I could not have asked for a better experience, and I cant wait to visit again!

• 29th Dec 2014

I totally loved my stay in this Hostel. A.Z., the receptionist who showed us our room, was totally welcoming and useful whenever we needed something. I strongly recommend this hostel!

• 24th Dec 2014

The atmosphere makes it easier to meet new people and share experiences. It's a well located and a very safe place. The staff are ready to help you with the smallest things and advise you on how to take the most of the city. The facilities are clean and I will definitely consider to comeback for a third time. Everyone who wants a good experience in DC should come and stay at Duo Housing.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Hello Guys, It was great time there in Duo Hostel, Specially Because of staff and a great guy Eric and and also a good location, Thank you so much for a Christmas Food, It was fun.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • India

This Hostel was awesome! Free dinner on Sunday help me to make friends and manager AZ and other staffs are kind and nice. Bedding sheets and pillow were clean. Place is really cozy and close to every touring spots. If I have a chance to visit DC, I will definitely stay here! Thank you so much.

• South Korea

Awesome staff. All really gregarious and just want you to have a good time. There is free breakfast every morning and a free Sunday night dinner which was all home cooked. That isn't something I've experienced at any other hostel. The vibe makes you feel like you're at your friends' house hanging out.

• 21st Dec 2014

Great hostel really good location !! Great atmosphere !! Just needs more toilets and somewhere to print tickets off would be really helpful !

• 21st Dec 2014

Great place to stay. If you are looking for some hotel-standard experience, you may want to invest more $$. It was perfect for my DC weekend. Staff are friendly. They provide breakfast, towels everyday and dinner on Sunday. My stay in a 12-bed dorm was comfy during the week before Xmas. Though the hostel was full, I did not feel it crowded or loud. I always got to use the shower by waking up at 7am. The room was not overly hot at all. I recommend this hostel.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • China

Very much enjoyed my stay! Would recommend to anyone, and I will stay here again if i ever come back to DC.

• 20th Dec 2014

almost everyhings fine. but little bit old beds were little bit noisy when i or somebody moves while sleeping.. :( and one of the shower booth were broken i think.. it doesnt work well... but well. except these are 2 things , all things were so nice. Very kind staffs, nice atmosphere, good people and also feee foods every sunday. i will stay again if i visit here DC. really. i more recommand this place than ★★-Washington hostel. here is the best place to stay in D.C.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Great location, facilities, and you'll definitely feel secure because of the house rules they strictly implement that'll make you "behaved". However, it felt like I was staying in a "Military Barracks". It did not help that some Staff, specifically a "Latino" Brown Guy (I forgot his name) who grew up in New York (I overheard him), is way TOO UNFRIENDLY and DISCRIMINATING "ANTIPATICO" to Asians like me. He made me feel I was BOTHERING him for information, while he gladly entertained PRETTY GIRLS!

The major highlight is location, location, location ! Walking distance 4-7 blocks from all of the metro center attractions. If you don't like walking, take the metro from Mt Vernon Sq Station which is 2 blocks. It is very cheap and good value for the services you receive, especially for the "backpacker" types who don't want to waste money on expensive inns. Its a great spot to meet youngsters from all over the world, exchange a piece of culture and if time permits, share a drink or two

• 18th Dec 2014