Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

Conveniently located. Great atmosphere and the staff were very friendly.

All round not bad but was surprised at it being rated so highly. It may have been excellent once upon a time, but facilities were a bit battered and the bathrooms were certainly not clean. Staff were very friendly and it was a good location for sightseeing.

• 26th Oct 2014

Everything was great about the stay except for the stuffiness in the room that I was in. The ventilation did not seem to function so the air was warm and moist by the morning. Otherwise the stay was great. Good location, staff etc.

A few more outlets would be nice, and once the deck was closed at ten there was a shortage of places to sit inside. The pillows were like sheets of paper, but then this is a hostel I guess. Everything else was really great. It felt super secure, we loved our stay and especially the breakfast!

• 25th Oct 2014

I just stayed for a day and it was perfect for me. Great location, near to metro. Friendly staff, and secure too. They also let me keep my bag in the locker for few hours after i checked out. Total value for money (or better).

• 25th Oct 2014
  • India

Big hostel with a lot of international travelers. It's very easy to bound with people, especially since there's a free BBQ organized every Sunday night. Genius! Breakfast on the other hand is a bit light: pancakes only (which aren't that good), but it's nice not to leave the house on a empty stomach. Good experience!

Had a nice time at Duo Housing. The staff were very helpful and gave lots of info about Washington. The hostel was pretty busy with people of all ages but everyone was really respectful and kept to thenmselves.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks to the great staff for keeping the place fun safe and clean,

Great place to stay! Excellent staff!

I was shocked at having to leave my shoes out on the deck however I guess it does keep the cleaning down. I felt like being in Jail with the staff at every turn, The list of what one could do and not do went on for ever as I was only there from 7pm to 9am I guess it did not worry me.Yes I would stay again the Beds were the most comfortable I have ever had in my years of hosteling. The Dorm was very clean and warm.

Great place!

Stuff is very nice and helpful! Also the free Sunday BBQ was great! Would come to this place again!

The showers werent that clean, but the atmosphere was perfect! I met so many cool people, not just at the free BBQ-`Party and while having breakfast.

The place was awesome! Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in DC. Very affordable and the atmosphere in the hostel was the best I've experienced so far! AZ was very helpful and the whole staff were welcoming and able to recommend places when prompted! Would definitely stay here if I returned to DC!

nice bbq and great people :-)

I know I've hit Excellent for everything but this place really was Excellent. Very clean, great location only a 15-20min walk to the White House, there are several lounge rooms, and on Sundays they throw a big Free barbecue for the guests. I'd totally stay here again.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

This was an extremely clean and friendly hostel. It was a bit weird that they made you keep your shoes completely outside of the hostel living areas; I understand that it helps to keep the space clean but leaving my shoes outside felt unsafe.

DUO is an awesome place. Great hostel to meet friends. The staff is awesome, Pedro is amazing and is knowledgeable of the city. Jeff is a petal. Eric is a gem. AZ does a great job chatting with guests. I will return for sure.

Good place, near to the city.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Be prepared to climb the stairs!

• 14th Oct 2014