Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

I really liked staying at the hostel because it was different than other hostels I stayed at. It was just a usual townhouse and I felt like staying at someones home. also the the rule of taking off your shoes made the atmosphere and feeling more comfortable and cozy.

• 18th Sep 2015

A clean, homely hostel with really friendly staff. Would stay again

Duo Housing is pioneering the shoes-free hostel. Romeo, you want Juliet, then please remove your shoes! It gets total compliance and quickly feels as if it should be the norm anyway. Remember when people used to actually smoke indoors? This healthy practice might emanate as a formidably compelling standard nationally if, say, Carly Fiorina were to show up at all her TV appearences in stocking feet. Such a wise policy will have started at this new forwardly nuanced hostel.

They are really kind and helpful. I can suggest here to everybody

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

Very friendly and a great place to meet other travellers

• 15th Sep 2015

This has been the most helpful and welcoming staff I have stayed with! The; place was immaculate as well. My experience here was all positive and I highly recommend this hostel.

• 13th Sep 2015

This pleace so so good maybe best hostel in the world. Staff is very good specially owner is a great person thanks for everythink guys see ya again !!..

This was my first hostel stay in years and my girlfriend's first ever. We were both extremely pleased with the experience. The staff was courteous and very knowledgeable of the sights around DC. They also let us watch the Oregon Ducks football game on their big screen tellie. All in all, we would definitely come back to this hostel if ever we found ourselves in need of lodging in the nation's capital.

• 12th Sep 2015

Great staff,guest,and place to stay!

My stay here was wonderful. The staff are absolutely the best thing about the hostel.

It was quite a long walk to the National Mall, at least 15 minutes brisk walking. I suppose this is okay for youths but I would prefer walking less either way considering how much I have to walk within the Mall anyway. Neighbourhood feels unsafe at night, you will notice as you walk from the wealthy areas to this area which is more run-down. Liquor store nearby does not help, although just minding your own business will keep you out of trouble.

Absolutely brilliant stay ! I thought the staff were there when you needed them. The facilities that we had was also good you couldn't ask for anymore! Hostel is clean and beds were comfortable

• 10th Sep 2015

it was ok but I just didn't like the idea of walking around without shoes. The carpet and floors were not very clean to walking around without shoes. That concerned me. I would recommend that you have some "female only" and "male only" rooms as well. Thanks

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Zambia

This hostel was amazing. Staff, atmosphere and everythinq were really really great. If you want stay in hostel in DC choose this one.

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Poland

I like duo housing, especially serbian staff (i cant remember his name) is really helpful he said everything to us like where we can go , eat ,drink , etc. Our room is suit and we have bathroom and kitchen so that is good but just a little expensive..Totally i like this hostel..

Everything was great thank you but your showers are freezing only downside

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Really nice place to stay with friendly and helpful staff. Fun atmosphere and easy walk to the national mall. I'd recommend staying here while in D.C.

This hostel is by far the best in D.C. I stayed at DC lofty, washington DC hostel and Downtown DC hostel and they were not even close. To make thing even better the price at Duo was one of the cheapest as well. This hostel has the best people running it and by far the best, most organic social spaces and atmosphere. If you want to meet cool travellers, if you want to get laid, if you like partying with like-minded people, then stay here. It made my nightlife DC experience.

Had a great time at this hostel, nice staff and met awesome people. Great price for the location. Breakfast is nothing to wake up for, but nice the provide it. All but my room had air conditioning, so it a night of sleeping bare above the sheets...I was a bit disappointed in that part. Otherwise this is a great place to stay on a budget while visiting the city.

They were great, the staff was extremely nice and helpful.

View all Washington DC Hostels