Duo Housing DC Reviews

1223 11th St NW, Washington DC, USA

It is a lovely hostel with a good location and friendly and helpful staff. The atmosphere is good and there are pancakes every morning! I was in an eight-bed -dorm, but that was no problem and i can really recommend the hostel. The facilities were also clean.

• 21st Mar 2014

We have travelled a lot within the last years, always enjoyed staying in Hostels all around the world. So, we had expected sth totally different from the "well-rated Hostel" than we actually found. We had to stay in a 4-Bedroom in the basement without any window. Sleeping was not possible - too hot, heater was making noices all night, washing maschine one level above was running all night long. We paid a lot of money, but price-performance balance was not given at all. Not recommendable.

• 20th Mar 2014

Good place, Nice people and facilities. Shower, dining, and good amount of resting place. Wifi was little slow, but they are building new one. Recommend to stay.

I had a wonderful stay. Coming back always felt like coming home, the hostel has a great atmosphere. People there were very nice, helpful and welcoming. You can walk to the National Mall, but there is also a nearby Metro Stop. Pancake breakfast is included, and some people used the kitchen to actually cook. There is also a roof terrace. The only annoying thing is that you have to stop drinking at 10pm and you cannot bring your shoes (you might consider bringing slippers).

Great place to stay!

I booked for one night on hostel world and the price was right for around 35 bucks for the large dorm . I decided to stay one more day and the girl said she had one more spot in a smaller dorm the price was crazy well over 65 bucks for a smaller dorm later on that day a room opened up in the larger dorm I asked if I could go into that one and save 20 bucks , She said I'm not authorized to do that . On top of that the dorm was a Hot box , take ur shoes off before u come in why ? Not clean anyway

Although the staff were friendly and the location was good, I wouldn't recommend the room itself. I was in the basement room (for 4 people) and it was way too hot. There were vents in the room which spouted hot air into the room all night and which were also quite noisy. The temperature outside was freezing so I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer!

• 13th Mar 2014

The best way to summarize my stay at Duo Housing is to repeat the last thing that the staff told me as I left: "Remember: any time you come back to DC, you'll always have a home here." I'm returning in two weeks, and even after just two nights of staying at Duo Housing, I wouldn't dream of being anywhere else. It was the simple things, like the free pancake breakfasts, helpful travel tips, and unending supply of towels that made the atmosphere so wonderful: great job, guys!

• 10th Mar 2014

a little bit packed, but you got the chance to meet lots of awesome travellers! also, don't miss the weekend BBQ ;)

There are too many people for the size of the hostel, it´s far too over crowded with few toilets and showers. The dorms are also too crowded with 10 beds to a room, which is too much for the size. I also think that it was far too expensive for a bed in a dorm.

• 9th Mar 2014

Very nice staff. Feels like coming after a long day of visiting dc>

The staff are amazing! They are all so welcoming and friendly any time of day 24/7. They each stive to make the atmosphere of the house the best and it really is. The staff is very helpful with giving you ideas and assistance around the city. I can't wait to go back to DC and stay here again. I miss all the people I met and the amazing staff.

• All Male Group, 18-24

Fantastic stay at DUO in March 2014 for Spring Break. Top marks for everything, couldn't fault it. The free meal on Sundays was gorgeous- burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, cornbread, ice-cream, nachos and soda! The most social atmosphere I have ever enjoyed while hosteling. The dog was very well-behaved and I hardly noticed it- as a cat-lover I did not find that it impacted on my stay.

• 7th Mar 2014

A very small but very pleasantly clean hostel with friendly staff, location is also ideal close to Metro (4 blocks away). I would like to suggest: please consider reduce the bed count in each room, 10 pax in a very small rooms is considered too packed for me, imagine the heat builds up during night time and everyone is inhaling the same CO2, most can't get a good sleep due to this. The different rate for weekend is something you might need to reconsider.

• Malaysia

Loved this hostel! The towel availability - seriously amazing. I realized on the flight I forgot a towel and was hoping they were the type of hostel I could rent one from. Then when I asked and basically got (nicely) laughed at because of the towels available, I was in heaven. I know it's a small thing, but it's those kind of things that make a hostel experience great! Loved the staff too - anyone who makes me laugh is amazing in my books :)

This hostel is the greatest i've ever been to. The staff there is like family. You feel very comfortable with everyone. They are helping you with specific locations in the city. Also the pancakes every morning was perfect start for me. On top of that you have a big BBQ with the whole team together. I was in a lot of hostel already, never felt like that. So good job to Pedro, AZ, La Shawn and all the other people. Keep up the good work.

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » last »